Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,243 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match (6364 Views)

Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / West Bromwich Coach Roy Hodgson Blasts Odemwingie / Osaze Odemwingie Named EPL Player Of The Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by djmellowshe(m): 4:42am On May 25, 2011
Dont forget that this same Odemwinge only got a chance to play after Yakubu and celestine Babayaro were expelled from the nations cup squad for indiscipline. Argentina dropped Carlos Tevez from their copa America squad. Which other Argentine striker apart from Messi is in form? Abeg let Siasia discipline him now so that other junior players will not just think they can leave camp anyhow. Remember Siasia even congratulated Odemwinge everytime he scored. Remember Etim Essien, his indiscipline ruined his career. Also consider that all the other players sare not appealing forr him means that they may have been tolerating some of the things he was doing and saying.Remember under Lagerback and Amodu, Na only him dey?
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by boombell: 6:23am On May 25, 2011
How many of u are so discipline as you are preaching here.If he has apologised via the media,thats even better than apologising to Siasia in secret.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by Sagamite(m): 12:43pm On May 25, 2011
Tee_Jay:

I'm all for disciplining a player, but you don't try and prove a point by ostracising one of your best players even after he has apologised. Like siasia himself was not a rebel and a trouble maker in his time! All that and westerhoff still called him up and played him, so why is he being a hypocrite?
I know what osaze Did was out of order, but hey these things happen in modern day football,  siasia should just be matured and let the matter die.

Utter, stewpid clunking rubbish!

No 1, list the rebelling you know that Siasia did under Westerhof.

No 2, list what was the response of Westerhof.

No 3, what clunking stewpidity to say Siasia has to do what Westerhof did.

eche80:

which discipline is he trying to instill, calling up Ayila, Ejide, Isaac Promise and untested players for a friendly with Argentina. i dey laugh una grin grin grin grin grin grin. Argentina 4 - Naija 0. 2 yobo own goals. tongue

Which tested players were you expecting to see?

Start listing!
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by Sagamite(m): 1:03pm On May 25, 2011
Baba_O:

Siasia might be another westerhoff that dumped Rufai for Aloy Agu, for that period, Nigeria won nothing, not until Nigeria and Nigerians protested against this over bearing attitude.

Eagles might be heading towards a grave disaster. No sound mind coach will ever ignore Osaze.
Voice of the people is the voice of God, both siasia and osaze enjoy good followership in Nigeria, if the house divides against each other, siasia will lose out.
currently Osaze  is proving himself as one of the best in Europe.

As for siasia, we will start bringing up issues of how did he get the job?, a coach that can not take a numerical advantage over
Germany at the U 21 for a long period of play when Germany team was down to 10 men, to buttress this, Barca-madrid 11 to 11 madrid won, all other meetings 11-10 barca won underMourinho and Guardiola.
With the lost of local Eagles to local Togo at just concluded WAFU, we might eventually come to term that Siasia is not the best for Nigeria.

Stop chatting stewpid crap.

Manchester United, with all it stars under Alex Ferguson, last season lost to 10-men Leeds United that was 3 divisions below.

Does that mean Alex Ferguson is not the best man for Man U?
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by bright007(f): 7:07am On May 26, 2011
Only time would tell if Sia 1 has bitten more than he can chew!
Siasia had 2 options: instilling discipline or amassing his aces,He opted for discipline.
The mode of play $ results of matches played without Osas would go Å mile in telling if Siasia has made the right decision.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by Sagamite(m): 10:45am On May 26, 2011
bright007:

Only time would tell if Sia 1 has bitten more than he can chew!
Siasia had 2 options: instilling discipline or amassing his aces,He opted for discipline.
The mode of play $ results of matches played without Osas would go Å mile in telling if Siasia has made the right decision.

Good points. One correction.

The long-term discipline of the team and the resultant mode of play/results of matches (played with or without Osaze) under the tenure of Siasia will provide a guidance on judgement.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by phreakabit(m): 8:21pm On May 26, 2011
How many of u are so discipline as you are preaching here.If he has apologised via the media,thats even better than apologising to Siasia in secret.

BEST QUOTE SO FAR!!!!!
The rest of these "disciplined" and "well mannered" Nigerians on this thread are a bunch of shitty,self righteous, self lying, dishonest lot! I can't bare it when people are this fake! Not only to others but also to themselves. Lets be honest Siasia never liked Osaze. remember the Beijing Olympics? That was the genesis of the bad blood between them. I vividly remember it was triggered when "Mr discipline coach" said Osaze wasn't good enough to command a starting shirt in his U23 team, despite the fact that Osaze was a regular in the senior team as at then, and yet Osaze did not leave the camp then. IMO i have never known Osaze to be an indiscipline player individual, just an out spoken one,which is very good IMO, because every body no fit be mumu!!!

Totally off topic but still. . . . . . 

BTW, if our best defensive midfielder in the person of Sanni Keita is being excluded because of what he did in the match against the Greeks, [size=18pt]WHY THE FnCK[/size] is Promise Issac being invited?! This guy is arguably the worst player ever to represent the National team! I still remember the chances he threw away against Argentina during the finals of the Olympics. We could have easily won 2:1 or at least leveled up and decide the game by penalty shootout.
Re: Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match by Sagamite(m): 8:34pm On May 26, 2011
phreakabit:

BEST QUOTE SO FAR!!!!!
The rest of these "disciplined" and "well mannered" Nigerians on this thread are a bunch of shitty,self righteous, self lying, dishonest lot! I can't bare it when people are this fake! Not only to others but also to themselves. Lets be honest Siasia never liked Osaze. remember the Beijing Olympics? That was the genesis of the bad blood between them. I vividly remember it was triggered when "Mr discipline coach" said Osaze wasn't good enough to command a starting shirt in his U23 team, despite the fact that Osaze was a regular in the senior team as at then, and yet Osaze did not leave the camp then. IMO i have never known Osaze to be an indiscipline player individual, just an out spoken one,which is very good IMO, because every body no fit be mumu!!!

Totally of topic but still. . . . . . 

BTW, if our best defensive midfielder in the person of Sanni Keita is being excluded because of what he did in the match against the greeks, [size=18pt]WHY THE FnCK[/size] is Promise Issac being invited?! This guy is arguably the worst player ever to represent the National team! I still remember the chances he threw away against Argentina during the finals of the Olympics. We could have easily won 2:1 or at least leveled up and decide the game by penalty shootout.

I want you to do something for me.

1) Explain to me if you (in your life) dare to say publicly that the CEO of the firm you work in, after a disagreement, "needs to use his brain to think a bit otherwise he has issues". Publicly o, as in stand on you desk and shout it to all your colleagues or call a journalist to help you spread it.

2) If you can dare, inform me if a mere apology will be sufficient.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Footballers That Smoke Cigarette / Did Italy Deserve To Win The World Cup? / Download Video: Real Madrid vs Barcelona 2-0 All Goals & Highlights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.