Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,772 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3509741 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (2816) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 23, 2016
Bratking:

I get your point but at the end of the day, they are both POTUS fighting to stay on the throne in an election year. Veep may be a comedy but make so mistake the politics are too real. it just pokes fun at it...that's why it's a political satire.
And House of Cards isn't.

Therefore showing no basis in comparing characters from both.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 7:18pm On Jun 23, 2016
bykebyke:

And House of Cards isn't.

Therefore showing no basis in comparing characters from both.

and why not?? selina & frank are both incumbent presidents that attained mercurial power by default(no one voted them into office). both are not well liked by citizens, both are fighting to consolidate their potus position in an election year, both have staff that don't trust one another, both are corrupt, both are naive in foreign policies, both hate their spouses(selina is separated from hers), both are very selfish and egotistical, both looks down on everyone in private, both thinks highly of themselves etc...a lot of similarities mehn. so you can understand why comparing both cannot be avoided or ignored.

as to why Veep's mood and approach differs from house of card's(they share similar theme, politics) here goes:

Veep is a satire in the sense it doesn't take itself serious at all. the politics are real, the domestic and foreign policies getting treated in the show are completely feasible but the show makes fun of all the stuffiness by cleverly infusing highbrow humor amidst all the drama. someone can get shot and/or killed on veep but with a humorous spin.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Mutaino7(m): 7:19pm On Jun 23, 2016
Bratking:
someone recommended "hustle" yesterday....nice.cheesy

The first episode is okay, let's see how the rest of the series will pan out. smiley
I did
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 7:23pm On Jun 23, 2016
Mutaino7:
I did
good one boss. loving itcheesy

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Fundango: 7:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
chasers:
U
pls which movie is that.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by t0bbY(m): 7:36pm On Jun 23, 2016
Am suprised nobody is talking about TYRANT series..anxiously waiting for season3
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 23, 2016
Bratking:

and why not?? selina & frank are both incumbent presidents that attained mercurial power by default(no one voted them into office). both are not well liked by citizens, both are fighting to consolidate their potus position in an election year, both have staff that don't trust one another, both are corrupt, both are naive in foreign policies, both hate their spouses(selina is separated from hers), both are very selfish and egotistical, both looks down on everyone in private, both thinks highly of themselves etc...a lot of similarities mehn. so you can understand why comparing both cannot be avoided or ignored.

as to why Veep's mood and approach differs from house of card's(they share similar theme, politics) here goes:

Veep is a satire in the sense it doesn't take itself serious at all. the politics are real, the domestic and foreign policies getting treated in the show are completely feasible but the show makes fun of all the stuffiness by cleverly infusing highbrow humor amidst all the drama. someone can get shot and/or killed on veep but with a humorous spin.
One is a Comedy..The other is a Drama.

C'est Fini.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 9:10pm On Jun 23, 2016
bykebyke:
One is a Comedy..The other is a Drama.
C'est Fini.
*yawns* it's pointless trying to reason with someone with one dimensional mind.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 9:14pm On Jun 23, 2016
Hustle cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 23, 2016
Bratking:

*yawns* it's pointless trying to reason with someone with one dimensional mind.
undecided undecided

Your comparison does not make sense and that is a FACT.

I can't come on Nairaland and say Lebron James has nothing on Novak Djokovic or Tiger Woods has nothing on Lewis Hamilton.

These names are well known in the Sporting World but do not partake in same Sport.

Just like Frank Underwood and Selina Meyer are characters on TV,but do not play same roles.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 11:30pm On Jun 23, 2016
How Good is 'vikings'?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 23, 2016
oyaskii:
How Good is 'vikings'?
Really Good.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 12:02am On Jun 24, 2016
bykebyke:

undecided undecided

Your comparison does not make sense and that is a FACT.

I can't come on Nairaland and say Lebron James has nothing on Novak Djokovic or Tiger Woods has nothing on Lewis Hamilton.

These names are well known in the Sporting World but do not partake in same Sport.

Just like Frank Underwood and Selina Meyer are characters on TV,but do not play same roles.

geez...
you see wetin I mean? one track mind.
Selina Myer currently plays the "role" of potus in Veep just like underwood plays the "same role" of potus in House of cards...no?

your analogies don't make sense and here's why...

first lemme start by saying veep and house of cards belong to television series specifically made for mature audience. because all television series can't belong in the same genre, veep is a political satire and a comedy whilst house of card is a political thriller and drama. their respective characters can thus be compared to each other, more so cos they share similar theme, which being "politics". theme is very important

now let's address your flawed analogy. basketball and tennis are both physically demanding sports. they are both team sports as well as individual. they both have umpires, they both made use of round bouncy balls, they are both played in centre courts. their athletes both win individual as well as team accolades. their athletes share similar level of match fitness and agility etc. their respective athletes can thus be compared to each other just like when the speed of usian bolt was compared to bale's. just because athletes don't compete in the same sports don't mean they don't share similar level of fitness and agility. they are athletes first and athletes can be very versatile. the theme here is the athletes themselves. to press home my point, check this out: in a recent nike advert(it's on YouTube), kobi bryant(a basketball icon) went toe to toe with Lionel messi(a football icon)...both tried to usurp the other with their respective different brand of skills. now what does that tell you? nuff said.

NB: golf is technically not a sport.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bobbybube(m): 12:08am On Jun 24, 2016
Bratking:

1. The leftovers: the general atmosphere of this series is downright depressing. the intricate plot throws more question than answers. brilliant writing, excellent acting and directing coupled with some of the best music scores in television makes this series an addictive mind numbling psycho-thriller

2. penny dreadful: this series got everything. it's got vampires, witches, werewolves, gouls, demons, frankenstein monster..Jekyll & Hyde etal. it's horror but somehow feels different from all the others...it's got style. a masterpiece.

3.Better call saul: prequel to Breaking bad....not quite as gritty, but has potential.

4.Wentworth: female prison can be a very dangerous place, such that even the prison guards are not safe. this dark female prison drama continues to outperform oitnb in ratings every year.

5.Veep: selina myers is the shi. this political satire got style in droves. the best political satire to ever come out of america since "the Newsroom" & "westwing".

6. peaky blinders: irish Gangsters erking out life in the united kingdom after the first word war. it's a profound slow burner but very dark.

7. person of interest: started like a procedural then matured into a full brown thriller. well worth your time.

8. last ship: season 1 is pretty good, season 2 is better.

9. castle: Meh. don't like it...boring. I don't really feel the chemistry between the 2 titular characters. just replace castle with "Mentalist" abeg. Patrick jane & agent lisbon have more chemistry in a single season than castle and that cop(forgotten her name) in all of castle season combine.

10. rake: hmmm...haven't seen it yet. australian right?
Number 1 appeals to me, its now first on my list.
i'm not too sure i'll like penny dreadful. i'm not really into 'witches n vampires' à la salem, sleepy hollow etc.
I expected better call saul to be higher (number one). i'm a breaking bad fan. The same with person of interest too. Veep and Wentworth seem worth a try.
Thanks big time for your rating. Veeery insightful.

What are your thoughts on Billions, wayward pines and mentalist?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 12:18am On Jun 24, 2016
Bobbybube:

Number 1 appeals to me, its now first on my list.
i'm not too sure i'll like penny dreadful. i'm not really into 'witches n vampires' à la salem, sleepy hollow etc.
I expected better call saul to be higher (number one). i'm a breaking bad fan. The same with person of interest too. Veep and Wentworth seem worth a try.
Thanks big time for your rating. Veeery insightful.

good choice. start with the leftovers. penny dreadful is not your typical vampire themed tv series. it's different. it's very twisted and creepy...give it a try, you may end up loving it. better call saul is perfect in it's no 3 position. it's got broader plot than it's predecessor and very compelling. maybe I should have switched poi with veep(it crossed my mind) all the same both are pretty decent. thankscheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bobbybube(m): 12:22am On Jun 24, 2016
Timothy3113:
Person of interest, last shiP , dis i can vouch for..
I loved blacklist and homeland, so any series as deep will interest me.. I hope they're as good sha
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by JigsawKillah(m): 12:26am On Jun 24, 2016
Bratking:

I hope so..
have you seen "Kingdom"? if you're into mix martial arts, you would love this series. Another one is "The red road". this show has a lot of similarities with Banshee in the sense that both have indians, cops, renegade indians, erring teens and stubborn women. the red road doesn't have a lot of actions scenes but it's sober mood is very compelling.

*edit*
and don't forget to check out "Cleverman" as well!

thanks

Bratking:

good choice. start with the leftovers. penny dreadful is not your typical vampire themed tv series. it's different. it's very twisted and creepy...give it a try, you may end up loving it. better call saul is perfect in it's no 3 position. it's got broader plot than it's predecessor and very compelling. maybe I should have switched poi with veep(it crossed my mind) all the same both are pretty decent. thankscheesy

you're a movie maniac! is there a series you're yet to watch?
anyways, I normally download mine from o2tvseries, and unfortunately, those one you mentioned aren't there...you have another site? don't tell me torrent please grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 12:28am On Jun 24, 2016
Bobbybube:

What are your thoughts on Billions, wayward pines and mentalist?

billions is good, nothing spectacular.. it's axelrod vs rhoades show for 95% of the first season with rhoades wife acting as a sort of buffer between the 2.

mentalist is dope...watch it. patrick jane will keep you entertained with his antics

hmmm...I don't like wayward pines..couldn't make it past the 2nd episode. you may tho, I heard it's a case of an acquired taste cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 12:33am On Jun 24, 2016
JigsawKillah:

thanks
no worriescheesy

JigsawKillah:

anyways, I normally download mine from o2tvseries, and unfortunately, those one you mentioned aren't there...you have another site? don't tell me torrent please grin
oh believe me, there are scores of shows I haven't watched...like a lot! eya I use torrent o! cheesy but hey you can download from the net couple of android tv series apps called Megabox & showbox. smiley
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by JigsawKillah(m): 12:39am On Jun 24, 2016
Bratking:

no worriescheesy

oh believe me, there are scores of shows I haven't watched...like a lot! eya I use torrent o! cheesy but you can download android tv series apps called Megabox & showbox respectively. smiley

I fûcking hate any app that isn't ucweb lol you seem to always have a word or two concerning any show at all. I bet you can say something about the newest super stpry grin

Bratking:

billions is good, nothing spectacular.. it's axelrod vs rhoades show for 95% of the first season with rhoades wife acting as a sort of buffer between the 2.

I do think Billions is spectacular though. or maybe I relate to it better
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bobbybube(m): 12:41am On Jun 24, 2016
Bratking:

Alright. I'll quietly check penny dreadful. I'd seen d first episode and all the Frankenstein n vampire stuff wasn't really my thing. i'll try it again.
It seems you rate Wentworth very highly. oitnb was becoming a bit too girly and dull for me. if its dark and hardcore then I'll love it all the way.
poi is in top three for me. since homeland and blacklist, I've been looking for something similar.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 12:43am On Jun 24, 2016
JigsawKillah:

I fûcking hate any app that isn't ucweb lol you seem to always have a word or two concerning any show at all. I bet you can say something about the newest super stpry grin
cheesy cheesy

JigsawKillah:

I do think Billions is spectacular though. or maybe I relate to it better
yeah my brother can't get enough of it either! I don't know...it didn't really grab me, found it too pretentious.grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:54am On Jun 24, 2016
Bratking:

first lemme start by saying veep and house of cards belong to television series specifically made for mature audience. because all television series can't belong in the same genre, veep is a political satire and a comedy whilst house of card is a political thriller and drama. their respective characters can thus be compared to each other, more so cos they share similar theme, which being "politics". theme is very important.
You say they can be compared because they both carry the theme of Politics,after already calling one a Political Satire and another a Political Thriller.

I don't think you know the difference.

A political thriller is a thriller that is set against the backdrop of a political power struggle. They usually involve various extra-legal plots, designed to give political power to someone, while his opponents try to stop him.

Political satire is a significant part of satire that specializes in gaining entertainment from politics.

You basically keep making my points for me,making this easy. grin grin

[s]now let's address your flawed analogy. basketball and tennis are both physically demanding sports. they are both team sports as well as individual. they both have umpires, they both made use of round bouncy balls, they are both played in centre courts. their athletes both win individual as well as team accolades. their athletes share similar level of match fitness and agility etc. their respective athletes can thus be compared to each other just like when the speed of usian bolt was compared to bale's. just because athletes don't compete in the same sports don't mean they don't share similar level of fitness and agility. they are athletes first and athletes can be very versatile. the theme here is the athletes themselves. to press home my point, check this out: in a recent nike advert(it's on YouTube), kobi bryant(a basketball icon) went toe to toe with Lionel messi(a football icon)...both tried to usurp the other with their respective different brand of skills. now what does that tell you? nuff said.[/s]
This is a special kind of trash.

NB: golf is technically not a sport.
Who gives a shït? grin grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 1:08am On Jun 24, 2016
bykebyke:

You say they can be compared because they both carry the theme of Politics,after already calling one a Political Satire and another a Political Thriller.

I don't think you know the difference.

eleyi gidi gan...are they not both based on politics? do you even knew what theme means? undecided cheesy

bykebyke:

ou basically keep making my points for me,making this easy. grin grin
chai! in both definitions "politics" recurred twice and somehow this fella failed to notice? shocked. this one don pass one track mind o! I'm embarrassed for you..really! grin grin grin

bykebyke:

This is a special kind of trash.

eya. the guy cannot even understand simple logic. why don't you read it over and over till you get it instead of striking it through? I never know you dull like dis o. nawao grin grin

bykebyke:

Who gives a shït? grin grin

laughing at your own ignorance. chai! hehehegrin grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 1:25am On Jun 24, 2016
Bobbybube:

Alright. I'll quietly check penny dreadful. I'd seen d first episode and all the Frankenstein n vampire stuff wasn't really my thing. i'll try it again.
It seems you rate Wentworth very highly. oitnb was becoming a bit too girly and dull for me. if its dark and hardcore then I'll love it all the way.
poi is in top three for me. since homeland and blacklist, I've been looking for something similar.
oitnb is now practically a chick flick, I can't deal abeg. Wentworth is the ish if you want the unadulterated vicious nature of women prisoners.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:06am On Jun 24, 2016
Bratking:

eleyi gidi gan...are they not both based on politics? do you even knew what theme means? undecided cheesy

chai! this one don pass one track mind o! I'm embarrassed for you..really! grin grin grin

eya. the guy cannot even understand simple logic. why don't you read it over and over till you get it instead of striking it through? I never know you dull like dis o. nawao grin grin

laughing at your own ignorance. chai! hehehegrin grin
*sighs*..Hopeless really. lipsrsealed grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Mizzzbeee(f): 4:46am On Jun 24, 2016
JigsawKillah:

thanks

dl.fardadownload.ir click on serial
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 6:23am On Jun 24, 2016
bykebyke:

*sighs*..Hopeless really. lipsrsealed grin

really hopeless. you really need to focus more on your studies. maybe read more novels, reactivate your dead brain cells and shiitundecided cheesy grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nihilist: 6:58am On Jun 24, 2016
Watching Billions and really loving it.

I've had to Google a lot of the financial jargon though....

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Timothy3113(m): 8:08am On Jun 24, 2016
Bobbybube:

I loved blacklist and homeland, so any series as deep will interest me.. I hope they're as good sha
go and watch blindspot, strike back, agent of shield.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 8:22am On Jun 24, 2016
Shield. cheesy

a cop show on steroids. mehn this series dope. shocked *short of words*

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (2816) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: abduleez1(m), OG316, Softbreastt and 2 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70