Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,034 members, 7,821,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? (8537 Views)

My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles / How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage / Do Married Men Really Feel This Way Or Is It Just Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by dayokanu(m): 7:48pm On May 21, 2011
b1tch
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 21, 2011
chelseabmw:

@poster
Daddy and mummy will beat u today
[color=#000099][/color]

grin grin grin
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by MMM2(m): 8:36pm On May 21, 2011
op
any which way na way.
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by LadyT(f): 9:06pm On May 21, 2011
dayokanu:

b1tch

kandiikane:

bi[i]t[/i]ch

Are you both ok? Whats the meaning of this? angry
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by kandiikane(m): 9:08pm On May 21, 2011
lol, someone asked what naughty person means
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by gbanikiti(m): 9:13pm On May 21, 2011
sometimes men cant be trusted.but my advise for u now is to do a court wedding which does not require ceremony and long marriage course.the wedding could be postponed after birth.in some churches especially pentecostal churches,they do not wed a pregnant woman.so if u belong to that denomination,then it wont be possible.i dont know how rich ur hubby is but some men would nat to do the wedding before the birth of the child cos hen the child is born,thats an additional mouth to feed.well all the same do what pleases u and your husband and dont let your parents to interfere o!
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by Akosbaba(m): 10:08pm On May 21, 2011
ur parents wouldn't live ur life 4 you so find a way of making ur decision count
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by sleekman(m): 10:17pm On May 21, 2011
Madam from all looks of it u seem to be a christian. No! So since no one here has towed this line I will. [B]ARE U SUPPOSED TO HAVE SEX B4 MARRIAGE AND IF IT HAPPENS THAT U DID/DO Y DO U WANT TO EXPOSE UR SIN TO THE PUBLIC ?[/b]
Seems u don't mind being a laughing stock. Now if uren't a 'christian' lets get analytical about this.

1. What rights do U get as a married mother as compared to a single one?
2. Is time constant? Do U know what will happen 2moro?
3. If anything happens 2moro and uren't married can u compel ur man to do ur bidding when u have no power over him?
4. If u were so sure of what u guys had in the 1st place then y take in? Dat same fear dat drove u into this is d same fear dat should drive u quickly into marrying.
My wife and my baby's mother/gf aren't d same thing besides u derive more respect even in d most secular of worlds when u say I'm married.
Lastly, I love our fore-fathers wisdom. There're curses and channels to attack. U mightn't believe in dis but trust me baby its very true. Especially when u marry traditionally. Our traditional forms of marriage still exist for one primary reason & dat is to keep d ladies in check. When a lady is in check, her children are in check, her husband & family are in check so is ultimately d society. A loose woman has no ground to properly bring up a child/children. Having a baby outside wedlock tells so much about you and ur offspring.
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by Jenifa1: 1:06am On May 22, 2011
the reason you got pregnant is because you think you will make your fiance stay with you?
goodluck with that.
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by LadyT(f): 1:07am On May 22, 2011
The poster sounds very young to me.
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by marabout(m): 1:23am On May 22, 2011
IfeLuv,

You sef you brave and I hope not foolish!

Your man is going to Naija (that place full of easily accessible hot chicks) and leaving you with belle in Jand and not as much as a ring. I know you "trust" your man. Haba.
All this wait wait for summer wedding. Must it be a massive wedding in this recession? I thought I had decent savings before starting a family. Save the money for when you have children. Believe me it is expensive.

What will even be your legal position in the relationship when he relocates?
What if he changes his mind by next summer?  Not saying that a man cannot mess up because of marriage but he's more legally restricted as a married man.
I think the crowd-following thing is having to save till next year for marriage.
The minimum you can do is registry marriage. Please don't call it court marriage when discussing it with him. It can remind him of the saying "see you in court". wink wink
I am sure you can get a couple of NLers to be witnesses for free grin grin
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by vaLasce(m): 4:21am On May 22, 2011
Wat if ur hubby2b changes plans?
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by violent(m): 4:29am On May 22, 2011
why are people bringing sinful this, sinful that, into this matter?

There are more than a million things we do everyday that is sinful in the eyes of the Lord, and we all just rely on grace, why should we exempt sex outside marriage in this case?

and why does it seem that most people have problems reading?  She's not asking for advise on whether you think the dude is going to marry her or not, she's got that side of his commitment assured, for Christ's sake, she's even done introduction and what not, she's the one dating the dude not you, if she's assured she knows him well enough to get pregnant for him outside wedlock, why does everyone else seem to have tommy ache from that?

Can't people just think that the dude is old enough to have a family, for crying out loud, the dude might just be in his late thirties who feels the time is ripe enough to settle down.  People should really stop making assumptions without considering every sides of the coin.

@OP

Whatever decision you take in this case should be based on what conversation you've had going on with your baby daddy since the moment you told him abt your pregnancy.
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by dayokanu(m): 4:49am On May 22, 2011
Ladyt love, lets also have a baby and shelve marriage
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by Nobody: 6:04am On May 22, 2011
This poster really does not need these advises. Her mind is made up even before she opened this thread.

It was quite dumb for a gurl in this age and time think that she ca tie a man down with pregnancy. When I saw this thread the first thing that came to my mind was . . . . . ''This poster is not a Nigerian'' but knowing she's a Nigerian is beginning to make me feel 90% of Nigerians are as dumb as. . . .

You think you can tie him down with a baby? wait for the smart gurls in Nigerian to tie him down with jazz(a.k.a juju) grin grin grin grin na today undecided  Even we sef that have been married for years still shine our eyes when we travel down to Nigeria wit our spouses cheesy

Wait you hear? you will jam jazz babes that will thief your man just by looking at him. cheesy What a naive gurl
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by Nobody: 6:08am On May 22, 2011
IfeLuvely:

@ jenny i said we already started planning our wedding for next year, we have already done the introduction

You are STILL NOT MARRIED and you definitely don't own him right now. Don't worry, naija babes will tell you right. cool

IfeLuvely:

Thanks for everyone that has replied,

@ kandiikane, he without a sin, cast the first stone, if you were not a virgin until you got married, please no need of been judgmental

Why do you lot use this . . . . . he without sin. . . . . . line when you act silly? After you have committed the sin that is when you people remember the line undecided
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by koolboi(m): 8:25am On May 22, 2011
youve been fucking ever b4 and ever since. you ahve now taken in to trap him, you want to know whether to still wait. if you were sure he's yours why do you need to take in to trap him in.better act faaaaaaaaaast if u actually need his surname that badly
OYO lo wa
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by afrika(f): 10:01am On May 22, 2011
From my own point of view, the story is cooked up and also happens everyday. (FINE).
Now, she decided to take in, cos, both of them have agreed for such. In the case whereby your boyfriend is telling you that he probabily wants to visit naija and leave u behind is another worry.

secondly, is he going to naija to make necessary arrangements for the TM? fine, if so, then, u can also go with him. why does he want to leave u bhind when u people have agreed to make love and u have accepted to take in.

thirdly, who has the bigger money amongst the two of u? i mean, who is the bread winner hia? better still, who is earning the bigger pay amongst both of u? besides, how did u people meet? like the other person said, we were not informed when u people started the pounding,

finally, u can decided to do a low key TM and not up to N250k hence u people earn in dollars. and the wedding becomes the oyibo style, that is abroad.

but, u cant carry it den, decide now to be a single mother or see doctors over there for a final do,

cos, the guy seems to want to dey play smart, maybe, this isnt d way d story is till we hear from the guy.
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by lovemoi2(f): 2:33pm On May 22, 2011
grinposter from her write up signals big TiME DRAMA QUEEN
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by aminadaban(f): 4:22pm On May 22, 2011
Non of my business
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by adconline(m): 6:05pm On May 22, 2011
Why is it a Naija thing not to get pregnant before marriage? Did Kate Middleton  get pregnant for Prince Williams before marriage? If marriage is about making and raising a family, why do you put the cart before the horse?  Marriage before kids is still appreciated by many including westerners as well.

The only thing that is clear from your OP is that you are  DESPERATE  to be hitched  by this guy since you are having his baby. You are afraid that he might find another woman in Naija and forget about you.Well, it might still happen, so go and buy a GPS tracker and stick it to his boxers. It's unfortunate that you could not influence him to at least  do a registry wedding and put a ring on your finger- then plan for a big wedding, instead, he convinced you to have his baby without you extracting any tangible commitment from him. For guys, having a kid is much easier than asking  a lady for a lifetime commitment in marriage 

Good luck.
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by vislabraye(m): 7:17pm On May 22, 2011
If u intentionally got urself pregnant in order to get marry, thats not the best way. But since u are pregnant, you can proceed with the marriage if ur fiance is Ok with the date.

It depends on both of you. But I would prefer a court marriage then if you wish move over to Church. Good luck
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by shola75: 8:14pm On May 22, 2011
I thought it a previledge to join this conversation. In the first place, i will advice everybody to consider receiving JESUS CHRIST into your life as your LORD and SAVIOR. Ideally it is morally wrong to be pregnant before you get married. However, it's very difficult to abstain from sex if you are not born again. It takes the grace, power of God and deliberate effort not to live in sin. Only in CHRIST that somebody can receive this preciuos grace and power.
REPENT THEREFORE AND BE CONVERTED SO YOUR SINS CAN BE FORGIVEN YOU. God bless all readers in Jesus name.
If any one need prayers and counselling, pls feel free to contact me.

In Him,
Pastor Shola
+1254-212-1307
+1254-246-5470
Covenant Of Grace Motors Nig. LTD.
solayinka96@gmail.com
covenantofgrace96@gmail.com
(For all your car orders from USA we can help)
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by Arrowman(m): 8:46pm On May 22, 2011
religiosly is bad not even to have d baby before marriage but even 2 have any affair before marriage is prohibited.
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by Busybody2(f): 10:43pm On May 22, 2011
shola75:

I thought it a previledge to join this conversation. In the first place, i will advice everybody to consider receiving JESUS CHRIST into your life as your LORD and SAVIOR. Ideally it is morally wrong to be pregnant before you get married. However, it's very difficult to abstain from sex if you are not born again. It takes the grace, power of God and deliberate effort not to live in sin. Only in CHRIST that somebody can receive this preciuos grace and power.
REPENT THEREFORE AND BE CONVERTED SO YOUR SINS CAN BE FORGIVEN YOU. God bless all readers in Jesus name.

In Him,
Pastor Shola
+1254-212-1307
+1254-246-5470
solayinka96@gmail.com

Hmmm, Pastor, Pastor,

Pastor Ona-kan-o-wo-oja, aka Pastor-nor-be-one-road-reach-market cheesy

embarassed embarassed embarassed Oh dear, If perchance my mouth has caused me to sin, I woulda cut it off, but how would I be able to preach the Gospel when I become a Pastor embarassed Dear God, please forgive me instead, its your job afterall embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by adconline(m): 10:46pm On May 22, 2011

In Him,
Pastor Shola
+1254-212-1307
+1254-246-5470
solayinka96@gmail.com

MOVE TO RELIGIOUS SECTION
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by Busybody2(f): 10:49pm On May 22, 2011
^^^

No you are wrong, move to the Autosection tongue
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by jawjaw1: 11:13pm On May 22, 2011
hmmm, i smell an illegitimate child here
grin grin grin
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by Tatian(f): 12:08am On May 23, 2011
Who is BLAZAY guy? Nairaland is not for kids, you know? You replis are usually so annoying @ poster, I too suggest you talk with your parents and so that you two can arrive at a compromise. Good luck
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by cameronese(m): 12:57am On May 23, 2011

This is very simple. Do a court wedding now. Then you can do your big wedding after you have your kid.

How can you marry twice?

I'm sorry to say that some of you guys are ill advicers, you're not advicing based on your experience.

Do you know that it takes maturity in men to still love a woman after she gives birth?

What is it in flambouyant wedding that you'll want to do it at all cost?

Do you know that child feel bether growing in the womb knowing it has parents?

If you fail to get married now, chances are 90% you may not get married with him again (forget about those gigantic party)

Whatever he promise you now will change after you give birth.
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by oludiza(m): 6:17am On May 23, 2011
In dis kind of stituation one need the intervention of God, first u've sin agains God so u u shld ask for forgiveness and ask him to show u d way, be it ur parents way or ur way just ask God and am sure he will direct you, cheers,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mother's Day - Describe Mothers In One Word / How To Create Your Own Family Crest / Wife! My Husband Rape Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.