Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? (8538 Views)

My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles / How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage / Do Married Men Really Feel This Way Or Is It Just Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by naijadove: 9:03am On May 23, 2011
@ifeluvely

Just checking, do you put up topics to get people to comment or you put them up to get advice.

aren't you the same chic that put up a topic asking if you could ask your father for brideprice?saying your fiance lost his job so no money, you going for masters and bla bla bla,
so where have you been saving up for your summer wedding?

kai, you are a character!!!
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by TeeJay6(m): 12:34pm On May 23, 2011
naija-dove:

@ifeluvely

Just checking, do you put up topics to get people to comment or you put them up to get advice.

aren't you the same chic that put up a topic asking if you could ask your father for brideprice?saying your fiance lost his job so no money, you going for masters and bla bla bla,
so where have you been saving up for your summer wedding
?

kai, you are a character!!!
Yawa don happen!
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by Biscute(f): 12:51pm On May 23, 2011
Please go straight and married dont wait for any other advice. . the reason is that if you born before marriage that your child will be tagged as a bastard and if you marry and born later you will be tagged as a fruitful woman .please dont wait for any other advice because to time is going fast.
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by senator2b: 7:14pm On May 23, 2011
The first mistake u made was to get pregnant out of wedlock, thinking u could tie the guy down with that u went contrary to God's command now the did has been done now u r in the middle of nowhere searching for solution losing ur dignity before ur guy and ur parents.I hope the guy in question marries u but u and ur parent shuld not mount pressure on him, do not forget to put evry thing to GOD in prayer to give u the wisdom to handle the situation.God bless.
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by Fasola256(m): 11:02pm On May 23, 2011
Anyway,all and long,may God lead u 2ru,Amen! Wishing u good destination in ur life.
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by byns: 11:54am On May 24, 2011
OP- you have succeded in trapping the guy , nw you are trying to make it seem as if it was an accident. Do you think everyone is as dumb and clueless as the unfortunate guy, see your mouth like 2yrs planning for kids, 2 yrs planning for marriage , saving for this, saving for that.
bet you realized it was never going to happen and you did the smartest thing- got him to get you pregnant- quickly do your nuptials before the poor dude realizes he has been hoodwinked.
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by Ivynwa(f): 8:18pm On May 25, 2011
@Poster
Nne if you know what is good for you just lock this your thread before the insults will give you and your unborn child hypertension or do you want more to be thrown at you? I think you have gotten good advice so far, you guys are already planning to marry so you can as well marry now, summer wedding or no summer wedding. People hardly support couples to marry just for the sake of pregnancy nowadays but here you guys are already at the verge of it.

Where did you even get the courage to come and tell Nairalanders that you are pregnant and unmarried? You want make Naijas finish you? It is true that the world is changing and people are getting bolder but don't forget that this is our good old sweet Nigeria, the other worlds may change the ideals of marriage but we rock our own dearie. If not for any thing it keeps the family unit together and makes a saner society.

The only part of that ideal-marriage-situation equation that I don't agree with is for a woman to allow that notion to make her childless, if marriage does not happen to a lady and she is approaching menopause, I believe such should have her children if she wants, your case is different here girl. It's a free world  for us to believe in the ideals we like just remember this is a Naija forum and most people here will frown on that, for the sake of your health I advise that you lock your thread. Now I hope you are already getting ready for that wedding, we won't mind getting invited.  kiss
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by Thirst4Lif: 8:27pm On May 25, 2011
I will ALWAYS suggest that a woman not begin child-bearing until AFTER she

is married. When an unmarried woman has set up housekeeping with a man, supplies his every need and

bears his children it reduces the possibility of that man even making her his wife.

And why would he, she's given him EVERYTHING already!!
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by kandiikane(m): 8:57pm On May 25, 2011
^^^Bravo. . . You are very right wink

Plus if he wants to leave it will be very easy. . .
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by Tiki: 7:17pm On May 26, 2011
My goodness, Nairalanders are harsh! sweetie, truth is, you took a big risk here by getting pregnant for the guy before marrying him, especially knowing he was gonna relocate, long-distance relationships are extremely dificult, as you are about to find out. However you say you plan to move back within the year, so my advice is to talk to him and be sure the relationship is a solid one, PLEASE do not marry him merely for the sale of a baby, in my opinion it is better to have a baby out of wedlock than to be trapped in a loveless marriage with a guy who thinks you hoodwinked him into marrying you, and so sleeps with the whole town or otherwise maltreats you!

Whatever you do, please be true to yourself, and do it for the right reasons. You owe it to yourself and the little person inside you.
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by Tiki: 7:18pm On May 26, 2011
*merely for the sake of a baby,
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by enyinwa1: 2:04pm On May 27, 2011
tee jay if u have noting to say just don't weest the ink i wonder Na everything den dewy use joke afterall we have joke section Hiss's
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by afrika(f): 12:30pm On Aug 30, 2011
WAT IS THIS HINT STORY6 ALL ABT?
THIS MILLS & BONES OR WAEVA?

MAKE I FIRST ASK;
THE TIME U DEY FOLO FOLO RAM,
U CONTACT NAIRA LAND?

THE OCASSIONS U NA DEY CHOP D OKRO,
DEY MASH D BANGA,
U CONTACT US?

WHICH KAN GIST BE DIZ, WEN BOMB BLAST DEY TOWN.
AND JOOE GUDLUCK DEY PROVOKE MOST OF US.

A B E G, STOP AMMM OO
Re: Help! My Parents Way Or My Way? by oohunt: 4:44pm On Sep 03, 2011
I think you are already a sensible young lady therefore i trust you are going to make the sensible decision.

From your story, you both want this baby, you will be going back with him to Nigeria. My question: did you not trust each other enough to wait a little bit longer before having a baby?

To answer ur question, look at the situation this way: either you get married before the wedding or after the wedding. Let's take your parents out of the picture.

The way it has just happened now, your unborn child is now in between you and your dream wedding, and this is the way it would continue to be. Having children changes everything in your life! How do you know things will still be the same after having the child, by things I mean everything! Since u and your boyfriend did not even trust each other to wait before having the child, how much more when you have the additional responsibility of a new born baby? I am not trying to be insultive but ur story just says "we are all humans and anything can happen". It always pays to do things the proper way, the right way. That is why you can get some consolation when things go wrong, after all, you did the right thing.
That's all I can say, good luck!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mother's Day - Describe Mothers In One Word / How To Create Your Own Family Crest / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.