Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn (29055 Views)

Deposed Emir Sanusi Sues IGP, DSS DG / Anthony Okolie Sues Hanan Buhari, DSS, Over SIM Card, Demands N500 Million / PDP Demands Unconditional Release Of Buba Galadima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by HonNL: 6:04pm On Aug 24, 2021
Enslaved 21-year-old Glory Okolie Sues Nigeria’s Police Boss, Others Over Unlawful Detention, Demands N100billion

In a suit instituted at the Federal Capital Territory High Court, Abuja, Okolie also seeks her immediate and unconditional release from the custody of the police.

Joining the second and fourth respondents – Baba and Malami in the suit are the Nigeria Police Force and Tunji Disu, IRT commander.

Okolie asked the court to mandate the respondents to pay her the sum of N100,000,000,000.00 (One hundred billion Naira) as general and punitive damages separately for infringing on her rights.

“A DECLARATION of this honourable court, that the act of the Respondent in detaining the 1st applicant from the 13th June 2021 till date, without an order of any court permitting same, is a violation of the 1st Applicant’s right to fair hearing and Personal Liberty as enshrined in articles 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 of the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights (Ratification and Enforcement) Act Chapter A9 LFN, 2004,” the court document read.

“A DECLARATION of this honourable court, that the act of the Respondent in detaining the 1ST applicant from the 13th June 2021,and beyond 71 (seventy one) days till date ,without an order of any court permitting same, is a violation of the 1ST Applicant’s right to fair hearing and Personal Liberty as enshrined in articles 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 of the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights (Ratification and Enforcement) Act Chapter A9 LFN, 2004

“A DECLARATION that the beating/slapping, torturing, physical assault and verbal/vulgar abuse of the Applicant by the 1st Respondent and the respondents igp irt officers, without the applicant committing any crime known to law whatsoever, is illegal, unconstitutional and amounts to a violation of the 1st Applicant’s right to fair hearing and Personal Liberty as enshrined in articles 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 of the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights (Ratification and Enforcement) Act Chapter A9 LFN, 2004.

“A DECLARATION that the usage of the Applicant by the respondent IGP IRT officers by sexually assaulting the 1st applicant, usage of the 1st applicant to wash the respondent officers clothes and usage of the applicant to cook for the respondents IGP IRT officers ,even when the applicant was in the illegal custody of the respondent, and without the applicant committing any crime known to law whatsoever, is illegal, unconstitutional and amounts to a violation of the Applicant’s right to fair hearing and Personal Liberty as enshrined in Section 35 & 36 of the Constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as amended) and articles 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 of the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights (Ratification and Enforcement) Act Chapter A9 LFN, 2004.

“AN ORDER of this Honourable Court restraining the Respondent to desist from engaging in untoward, violent and irrational conducts against the 1st Applicant.

“AN Order of this honourable court, granting bail to the 1st applicant on liberal terms to wit: unconditionally and conditionally pending the time the respondent deem it fit, to charge the 1st applicant to court in this regard.

“AN ORDER of this Honourable Court mandating the Respondent to pay the 1st Applicant the sum of N100,000,000,000.00 (One Hundred Billion Naira) as general and punitive damages separately for infringing on the rights of the 1st applicant.

“AN ORDER of this Honourable Court mandating the Respondent to pay the 1st Applicant the sum of N50,000,000.00 (Fifty Million Naira) as punitive damages for its recklessness, bias, malice, failure to perform its statutory duty when the Respondents officers within his knowledge, wholly infringed on the fundamental rights of the 1st Applicant in this regard.”

According to the court document, Okolie, 21, went missing on June 13, 2021, while running an errand in Imo state, “and never returned home on that day”.

It read in part, “That from the 17th June 2021, the family members started making all frantic search of the 1st applicant in hospitals, churches, and mosque, all to no avail.

“That the family members, in search of the 1st applicant actually approached the Owerri command of Nigeria Police Force, who charged the uncle of the 1st applicant, the sum of N50,000,00k to track vide telephone tracking the last known address of the 1st applicant.

“That the phone tracking above showed that the 1st applicant was detained by the respondent IGP IRT officers at their Owerri Tiger base unit of the respondent, and when the uncle approached this office, the respondent Owerri Tiger base unit denied ever arresting the 1st applicant, nor was she in their custody.

“That not till the end of June 2021, that a certain Izuchukwu Okeke, having just been released from the respondents unit Owerri Tiger base cell, informed the family and uncle of the 1s applicant, that the 1st applicant was in custody of respondents Owerri unit cell, and in the said cell, she was cooking for the IGP IRT police officers, washing clothes for them and sometimes that therein the respondent Owerri command unit officers occasionally take turns to abuse the applicant sexually.

“That afterward the respondent officers then demanded monetary commitment from the uncle of the 1st applicant, for the release on bail of the 1st applicant, wherein the 1st applicant uncle thereafter in cash and POS bank transactions actually advanced to the respondents IGP IRT officers in Owerri Tiger base unit, different financial sums in this regard, copies of this aforementioned POS transactions are marked as annexure a herein.”

She was later transferred to Abuja, despite the efforts of her parents to secure her release.

After pressure from the public regarding her illegal detention, the police later alleged that Glory Ogolie worked with the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).

[url=http://saharareporters.com/2021/08/24/breaking-enslaved-21-year-old-glory-okolie-sues-nigeria%E2%80%99s-police-boss-others-over] SAHARA REPORTERS [/url]

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by temitope27(m): 6:07pm On Aug 24, 2021
Ok

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by BKayy: 6:08pm On Aug 24, 2021
Terrorist Nigerian government should pay up.
If they don't have it in cash, they should borrow from their Fulani herdsmen/ Bandit associates

239 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by gidgiddy: 6:10pm On Aug 24, 2021
Injustice upon injustice. The IRT is just a terrorist organisation like SARS was

122 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by MrEmir: 6:11pm On Aug 24, 2021
Anytime I hear someone Sues someone or an entity, my attention is always on the amount demand.
100 billion naira��, and you think Nigerian police will pay even if you win the case.
Make una dey always demand money wey una go see collect before you old�.

No be today naija police don dey embarrass themselves

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by BruncleZuma: 6:11pm On Aug 24, 2021
grin grin grin grin

This SLAPP suit strong ooo, if Femi Falana or Mike Ozekhome no dey run this matter, e don cast be that.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by melaniaup: 6:11pm On Aug 24, 2021
Welcome to a country were stupidity sees the light of the day

Arresting someone on hearsay

Local men skyrocketing stupidity in helm of affairs. As usual they wouldn't pay or might even come up with more lies against the girl

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by Aflix(m): 6:11pm On Aug 24, 2021
Lol.....she wan collect state budget

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by WebSurfer(m): 6:11pm On Aug 24, 2021
A joke to Nigeria police when they see it
Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:11pm On Aug 24, 2021
shocked
Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by jovialswag(m): 6:11pm On Aug 24, 2021
Wow
Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by uptimum123(m): 6:11pm On Aug 24, 2021
Ipob miscreants girlfriend sef wan cash out. grin grin

If we check well now na that miscreant of a lawyer Falana go dey behind this demand.

Igbos are known thieves

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by shegzhkn: 6:11pm On Aug 24, 2021
oh.
Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by Topmaike007(m): 6:12pm On Aug 24, 2021
Nigeria na country?

2 Likes

Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by FarahAideed: 6:12pm On Aug 24, 2021
Better she should have joined irresponsible Buhari in the suit sef

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by ChristineC: 6:12pm On Aug 24, 2021
grin grin grin grin nice. go girl.
I will help you count the money when you win, but we will convert it to £ first. I don't like stress cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by lmm4real: 6:12pm On Aug 24, 2021
undecided this suit is long over due. The abuse of power is just too much. Our judiciary is another bad problem.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by CrazyCrane: 6:12pm On Aug 24, 2021
I love this

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by Enoch07: 6:12pm On Aug 24, 2021
N100b!!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by yrex01(m): 6:12pm On Aug 24, 2021
Good
Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by Commotfornigeri: 6:12pm On Aug 24, 2021
She will win, but a lesser amount, especially as sexual abuse and domestic chores were involved.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by Skillsnigeria: 6:12pm On Aug 24, 2021
That's good
Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by free2ryhme: 6:12pm On Aug 24, 2021
HonNL:
Enslaved 21-year-old Glory Okolie Sues Nigeria’s Police Boss, Others Over Unlawful Detention, Demands N100billion

[url=http://saharareporters.com/2021/08/24/breaking-enslaved-21-year-old-glory-okolie-sues-nigeria%E2%80%99s-police-boss-others-over] SAHARA REPORTERS [/url]
Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by Wawelexy(m): 6:12pm On Aug 24, 2021
the police deserves to pay but 100bn is just a mere joke. I could remember back then when police made me wash 5 cars just because they saw five wrap of AZ with me at a club around iyana-sesi in ojo lagos. The funny part was that, the stupid CO who was my IPO tendered only one out of five wraps as the exhibit they found on me(baba wan smoke the remaining four AZ). Still collected 5k from me through a specified P.O.S agent close to the station as i had no cash on me. Anyday, Anywhere me i see that police officer off duty, i go request for my 4 wrap of AZ. I just pray make dem legalize that thing quick, just like the Netherland.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by executioner(m): 6:13pm On Aug 24, 2021
smiley
Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by Authoreety: 6:13pm On Aug 24, 2021
The hatred I got for especially the NPF is unrivaled... If not for those guns eh....,anyway,nobody for even join police

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by Afam4eva(m): 6:13pm On Aug 24, 2021
They should better give her that 100 billion.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by Freelane33(m): 6:13pm On Aug 24, 2021
Can we just sell Nigeria to ghana undecided
Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by chii8(f): 6:13pm On Aug 24, 2021
Ahh
Re: Glory Okolie Sues IGP Baba, Others; Demands Unconditional Release, ₦100bn by davit: 6:13pm On Aug 24, 2021
Good one

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When The Bully Met The Headmaster At The White House, Ffk React To Buhari Visit / Soldiers Beat-up Brigade Commander Over Anti-boko Haram Deployment / Buhari sacks NNPC subsidiary heads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.