Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,455 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (861560 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Raeinn: 11:34am On Oct 18, 2021
Keema2404:
Someone please help ooo.
Why is it looking like I'm the only May applicant remaining .
Please if there are still May applicant can you pls signify.
Let my mind come down small..
#may6th

It’s not just you ohh. I applied on the 15th of May.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 11:35am On Oct 18, 2021
dollymon:
Hi guys

I submitted my application last week, but there is an important document that I am realising I should have added. Is it advisable to submit it via webform?

Yes. By webform and Email respectively.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 11:38am On Oct 18, 2021
Hubmon360:
where you updating the mail or sending the same mail repeatedly?

same mail content. Nothing to update again in the mail as there was no other update from them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dollymon: 11:40am On Oct 18, 2021
Okay.

Pls what's the email address?

Then again, for bank reference letter stating sole signatory to an account, who should the letter be addressed to?

That's the additional document I'm trying to get and upload via webform

Thank you
Ketima:

Yes. By webform and Email respectively.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Opsy14: 11:41am On Oct 18, 2021
May 10th here oh
Raeinn:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gold4sure1: 11:45am On Oct 18, 2021
Hubmon360:
Calm down, me na may 23.

May 7th here mate, done and passed medical
Waiting for PPR…
It would end in praise, relax.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by feistymikey(m): 11:47am On Oct 18, 2021
How do I go about the gift deed please?

Yes I covered all in my SOP… I have a degree in industrial mathematics, and now I’m trying to get a study permit for computer systems technician… mathematics is the major requirement for the school

Omiinii:
Your sponsor has to show commitment. Yes you're on the right path let him pay your school fees(let them know he was the one that paid) and send you your living expenses to you. I believe doing GIC is unnecessary stress. A gift deed will be adequate to substantiate commitment.
For your course, you didn't say enough to know if there's educational progression or career advancement. You need to show these traits so the VO understands that your program is of reasonable expense.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 12:01pm On Oct 18, 2021
dollymon:
Okay.

Pls what's the email address?

Then again, for bank reference letter stating sole signatory to an account, who should the letter be addressed to?

That's the additional document I'm trying to get and upload via webform

Thank you

Well, it all boils down to how you want it. Mine I personally wanted to use it for Canada study, so I directed it to the Canada office in Lagos. But if you want to make use of it for other places, you can put to whom it may concern. is all about your preference. so I addressed mine to the Address in the SOP.

for email, I sent to Nairobi and London. cos Nairobi was my primary while London was my secondary. I'm not in a position to get it. i dey tight corner here. members can help you with that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 18, 2021
jollytravels:
@ManLikeB...FIND ATTACHED THEIR ACCOUNT NO Payment Details:

THIS IS THE ACCOUNT I PAID INTO AND I DID MY MEDICAL IN ABUJA.

Name of bank: Standard Chartered Bank

Account no.: 0001847002

Account holder: International Organization for Migration
Thank you very much did you have to submit evidence of payment or you just came along with print out on the appointment date ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jollytravels: 12:26pm On Oct 18, 2021
@ManLikeB...you have to come with evidence of payment and I did print it out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Shommyface: 12:33pm On Oct 18, 2021
FOR NEW APPLICANTS.

THE 2 IMPORTANT FORMS YOU NEED TO FILL FOR YOUR STUDY VISA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW6msY4XHz8

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 12:45pm On Oct 18, 2021
Raeinn:

Wait what !! May 15th, Omo, you need to choke them with emails
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 12:56pm On Oct 18, 2021
Hey feisty, please disregard what I said about the gift deed I didn't realize you were using a third party sponsor. So he/she may not be comfortable gifting you his/her assets to prove commitment. Just pay the fees, show whatsapp conversations to show you both have a cordial relationship, show pictures of you and your sponsor, show past commitments, and he can also transfer living expenses to your account.

As for your degree. Do you have a master's or ND or HND in industrial mathematics?. If you want to go for master's or a PHD you need to have a bachelors.(going for master's and PHD will significantly increase your chances). If you recently finished school (a year or two years ago) you should go for a degree that shows academic progression. I believe there's progression between industrial maths and computer systems. Ask lekiboboe and makano to confirm if the courses compliment each other, as I am not a 100% sure.

If you have finished school for a while maybe 5 years ago. You should go for courses that compliments your work experience. Hope I'm able to communicate. You can ask other gurus for better explanation or advice.
feistymikey:
How do I go about the gift deed please?

Yes I covered all in my SOP… I have a degree in industrial mathematics, and now I’m trying to get a study permit for computer systems technician… mathematics is the major requirement for the school

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by frankob(m): 1:06pm On Oct 18, 2021
Men I’m just so tired of waiting seems like IRCC have not even touched my application, nothing is updated.
I have biometrics before since 2019
I submitted my application August 27
I did upfront medical 23rd of September
Till now nothing nothing and in 9 days my application will be 2months old already.
What do I do? I sent webform no response.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 1:10pm On Oct 18, 2021
ehizario2012:
This Canada runs. I've read about 50 pages of this thread now, but still don't have a full hang of it. Congratulations to all the success stories and, in advance to all the work in progress.

Graduated 2012, Geology. Been in banking from 2014 till date. Have a wife and three kids.

I intend relocating to Canada through the student visa process. Need to be sure on which would be better, postgraduate in geology or anything related to banking (based on my years and field of experience.)

Any advise on where to start from would be appreciated. God bless.
Due to your 9-years STUDY GAP, you can't go for a POSTGRADUATE program in Geology. A Post Graduate Certificate (PG.CERT), Post Degree Diploma Program related to your work experience in BANKING is what you should go for.

You should/would find the contents in the links below helpful:

PG.CERT, POST DEGREE programs in BANKING related fields
https://www.nairaland.com/6719291/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/278#106402288

Potential Documents needed to apply for admission in a College for a PG. Cert program etc.
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/221#103080983

Since you are going for a Program not related to your degree (GEOLOGY), but related to your work experience (BANKING), go through the contents in the link below
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/414#95068409

Await more inputs from other members of this platform, good luck!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Perfectyyyyyy: 1:14pm On Oct 18, 2021
Guys I am back again. Make una nor vex oh.

Can I include my Binance and Trustwallet screenshot showing funds? I have about 2,000 USD there. Same with Bamboo (Stocks)app.

Instead of using my younger sister as sponsor, can she just transfer like 3m into my account and thereafter prepare a gift deed?

Lastly, writing SOP is a huge task for me oh. Lots of things in my small head and I am struggling to put them down in papers cohesively as well as logically while trying to prove to the VO that I deserve a Study Permit Approval.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 1:15pm On Oct 18, 2021
Bruh grin...you too funny no be august I dey see here?...the wait just dey start
frankob:
Men I’m just so tired of waiting seems like IRCC have not even touched my application, nothing is updated.
Till now nothing nothing and in 9 days my application will be 2months old already.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Perfectyyyyyy: 1:17pm On Oct 18, 2021
Thanks for your reply. I deeply appreciate you!

Omiinii:
I used Headings and subheadings in mine made it look neater and easier to digest. It depends on your preference. The goal is to make your write up easy on the eyes of the VO. it shouldn't be too clumsy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 1:17pm On Oct 18, 2021
ManLikeB:
Hello gurus in the house, while writing my letters of support who do I address it to, and please if I can see a sample support letter for father or mother. Any help is very much appreciated
You are to address it to;

To,
The Visa Officer,
Deputy High Commission of Canada,

4, Anifowose Street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos, Nigeria

Sample Letter of Sponsorship - Father (Avoid Plagiarism) - FIND ATTACHED IN THE LINK BELOW
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/121#91193146
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 1:18pm On Oct 18, 2021
frankob:

Hello Frankob, I understand how you feel, but be rest assured that they are working on your file behind the scene. A decision may come to you like magic and in a day everything will change. So stay strong and be positively hopeful.

To tease you small, lol. mehn, it took you more than a month to read the submission message. I like your strength ooo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 1:21pm On Oct 18, 2021
Blurpy:
Good morning all, the Msc program i am looking at set its admission requirement is a 70% grade. I want to know its equivalent in the Nigeria academic system on a 5.0 GP scale. I have researched on the internet but i could not find any helpful information. I have a 3.63/5.0 scale , would i scale the 70% requirement for the program? Thanks in anticipation of your response
Your grade translates to 73% on a five Year scale, but check your GPA for the last two years of FL your B.SC, that's where they reference, that being said you have strong grade, you need to write strong letter of intent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by fellabrims: 1:27pm On Oct 18, 2021
Biko Experts on this Canadian thread and those that used the student visa application means to travel, kindly explain this and further advise what to do:

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or
program of studies that you intend to pursue.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.

No travel history...however I have seen those without travel history given...but let me hear you guys out.
Purpose of visit [/b]was to for 2 years with an admission letter and all
[b]Sponsor accounts details
worth $30k
The course was a coop course (practical work during and after the course)

Kindly advise so we get it better while reapplying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jollytravels: 1:27pm On Oct 18, 2021
Pllease @LIANNA...Please can you help me with the online websites where you posted sometimes ago that you use in selling some properties please i need it and have tried searching for it back to some few pages up to no avail. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 1:30pm On Oct 18, 2021
1.)Perfect to be on the safer side. I'll advice against using these platforms as source of funds. They are not bankable, They are unverifiable, The funds are also interim...It may pass for some VO'S but it's just making your whole case file complicated. Imagine them carry your file meet baby boomer VO whey no to trust all these platforms. It's certain your application will take longer.

2.)I believe you can do that but again I'll say it makes your application come under more scrutiny. If the funds comes in bits and you say you earned it from business(with proof) could pass or you could still use your sister as a sponsor and try to show your sister will be committed and sponsor you all through your studies. There's no perfect application. Just bare in mind to try to make your application as simple as possible. Too many buts and ifs will definitely delay the app.

3.) Write your SOP yourself with the help of a template, then tender it to one of our many gurus here to help you review it. Or you could just pay for it. I'll not advertise for anybody make them no ban me. Good luck
Perfectyyyyyy:
Guys I am back again. Make una nor vex oh.

Can I include my Binance and Trustwallet screenshot showing funds? I have about 2,000 USD there. Same with Bamboo (Stocks)app.

Instead of using my younger sister as sponsor, can she just transfer like 3m into my account and thereafter prepare a gift deed?

Lastly, writing SOP is a huge task for me oh. Lots of things in my small head and I am struggling to put them down in papers cohesively as well as logically while trying to prove to the VO that I deserve a Study Permit Approval.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by fellabrims: 1:32pm On Oct 18, 2021
frankob:

Just put your mind in another 3 weeks, you should get a reply from them..Till then, take your mind away
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jermaie0009: 1:33pm On Oct 18, 2021
You go wait , dem just update my medicals to pass last week…..I did upfront medicals August 31 and it was updated to pass October 14

frankob:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 1:36pm On Oct 18, 2021
My people, has anyone flew to Canada with British airway lately ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Toceenay(m): 1:37pm On Oct 18, 2021
Blurpy:
Good morning all, the Msc program i am looking at set its admission requirement is a 70% grade. I want to know its equivalent in the Nigeria academic system on a 5.0 GP scale. I have researched on the internet but i could not find any helpful information. I have a 3.63/5.0 scale , would i scale the 70% requirement for the program? Thanks in anticipation of your response
You can easily search online for "CGPA % conversion", then select the grading scale from 4.0, 5.0 or 10.0, it'll convert it for you.
3.63/5.0 is 72.6%
Would have shared the site here, but na ban!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by frankob(m): 1:44pm On Oct 18, 2021
Ketima:

Hello Frankob, I understand how you feel, but be rest assured that they are working on your file behind the scene. A decision may come to you like magic and in a day everything will change. So stay strong and be positively hopeful.

To tease you small, lol. mehn, it took you more than a month to read the submission message. I like your strength ooo.

Yes o I took my mind off for about a month but e no Dey let me do again I guess I don’t hv a choice na.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ehisforever24(m): 1:46pm On Oct 18, 2021
I am booking my Testimony in advance, I receive my PPR in Jesus name

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KellyKk: 1:48pm On Oct 18, 2021
RoyalDukeDon:
POSTING MY TIMELINE, got my Ppr last week but have been busy with work.
I got my PPR on October 7,
Second time applicant.
My timeline goes thus,
My first application was done with a consultant in Canada, though I met her in Nigeria when she came for educational fair.
I sent all the required documents to her,I think she submitted the one that pleased her, lol.
Applied December 28,2020
Biometrics date -Jan 4,2021
With NSE requirements which I submitted too.
Refusal came in on Feb 23,2021.
With the below reasons,
1.They are not satisfied I'll leave Canada based on my ties to Canada and my country of residence and
2.Based on personal asests and financial status.

I contacted my consultant,she said she'll request the note to find out the reason for the refusal but I've to pay $1,000 for the note, lol. Before then I've joined nairaland, I was surprised to see how she requested for such amount just for the note. That's where I've to end the business with her.

I decided to order the note myself and find out the reasons.
When the note came out.
They mentioned that I was single, mobile , without any dependants.
They mentioned about lump sum deposit in my account and my brother's own(My brother is my sponsor)
Complained about bank irregularities cus I used microfinance bank,said some font were bigger than each other , that the total Money available will be insufficient overall for the full time study. I applied for four years course though.

However,the lump sum came in millions without any provenance ,both in my own account and my brother's own.

What I did differently.
Yes the money was available but we don't know how to prove it.
First I changed the course to two years course in order for the money to cover the living expenses and tuition fee payment for the two years.
I didn't want to pay any upfront fees , I only paid my acceptance deposit.My brother moved the money to my account all at once up to 50kcad, I even printed the mbs the following day. But I wrote a very detailed letter of explanation. Narrating all the points in the GCMS NOTE and what I did differently to tackle them one after the other.

Documents submitted

ALL NECESSARY IMM FORMS

CLIENT SECTION
Table of content
Study plan
Birth certificate
PCC
IELTS result
Primary school leaving certificate
High school leaving certificate
Reference letters
Testimonial
Waec certificate
Computer college certificate
Recommendation letters,from school and church
Siblings birth certificates/Passport
Family pictures
Affidavit of good conduct
Current working place ID.

PROOF OF FUNDS SECTION
Table of contents
Letter of Explanation (This letter has all the detailed information of how the lump sum was moved with other refusal reasons that's why I've to upload it here)
Affidavit of sponsorship
Letter of sponsorship
Tuition deposit receipt
Reference letter and MBS for brother (showing where the money was moved)
Second Reference letter and MBS ( showing reserved amount 10M)
My own Reference letter and MBS (showing the amount for living expenses and tuition for two years )
Land receipts
Landed documents of my brother
Relationship with sponsor (I uploaded his birth certificate, photos with him and his Int'l passport.)
CAC documents for his business
CA valuation report for his assets.

I did all these from the knowledge I got from nairaland and the one I think might scale through for me, personally. Finally is God that perfected it,because I didn't submit a perfect application but He perfected it in the eyes of the visa officer.
All thanks to JustMellow,he helped answer some of the questions concerning my refusal and best way to tackle them. I emailed him privately. Thank you all too for your contributions,it really helped me.

I will like to go through your LOE .
I sent you mail

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hebsyn: 1:50pm On Oct 18, 2021
Your GP which is 3.63/5.0 is 72 percent and I think you are qualified. Which school if I may ask? quote author=Blurpy post=106837535]Good morning all, the Msc program i am looking at set its admission requirement is a 70% grade. I want to know its equivalent in the Nigeria academic system on a 5.0 GP scale. I have researched on the internet but i could not find any helpful information. I have a 3.63/5.0 scale , would i scale the 70% requirement for the program? Thanks in anticipation of your response[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.