Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (861576 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by quin9(f): 1:51pm On Oct 18, 2021
jollytravels:
Pllease @LIANNA...Please can you help me with the online websites where you posted sometimes ago that you use in selling some properties please i need it and have tried searching for it back to some few pages up to no avail. Thanks

Click on her name,then check post by lianna you will find it easily

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hebsyn: 1:51pm On Oct 18, 2021
Good morning all, the Msc program i am looking at set its admission requirement is a 70% grade. I want to know its equivalent in the Nigeria academic system on a 5.0 GP scale. I have researched on the internet but i could not find any helpful information. I have a 3.63/5.0 scale , would i scale the 70% requirement for the program? Thanks in anticipation of your response[/quote]

Your GP which is 3.63/5.0 is 72 percent and I think you are qualified. Which school if I may ask? quote author

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2021
Please go ahead and raise a webform to submit it. Also explain what its need in the description box provided.

All the best

dollymon:
Hi guys

I submitted my application last week, but there is an important document that I am realising I should have added. Is it advisable to submit it via webform?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 1:56pm On Oct 18, 2021
Perfectyyyyyy:
Guys I am back again. Make una nor vex oh.

Can I include my Binance and Trustwallet screenshot showing funds? I have about 2,000 USD there. Same with Bamboo (Stocks)app.

Instead of using my younger sister as sponsor, can she just transfer like 3m into my account and thereafter prepare a gift deed?

Lastly, writing SOP is a huge task for me oh. Lots of things in my small head and I am struggling to put them down in papers cohesively as well as logically while trying to prove to the VO that I deserve a Study Permit Approval.

DO NOT USE THE BOLDED AS YOUR SOURCE FUNDS FOR YOUR APPLICATION.

Your sis can transfer the 3m into your account and issue a gift deed and a signed sponsor letter where the transaction has to be declared.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 18, 2021
Lekiboboe:

You are to address it to;

To,
The Visa Officer,
Deputy High Commission of Canada,

4, Anifowose Street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos, Nigeria

Sample Letter of Sponsorship - Father (Avoid Plagiarism) - FIND ATTACHED IN THE LINK BELOW
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/121#91193146

Thank you so much, please what is the difference between letter of sponsorship and affidavit of support do I need to write both

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mmoo: 1:57pm On Oct 18, 2021
April 4th still here...Patiently waiting .....
gracedson:
Wait what !! May 15th, Omo, you need to choke them with emails

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 2:06pm On Oct 18, 2021
fellabrims:
Biko Experts on this Canadian thread and those that used the student visa application means to travel, kindly explain this and further advise what to do:

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or
program of studies that you intend to pursue.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.

No travel history...however I have seen those without travel history given...but let me hear you guys out.
Purpose of visit [/b]was to for 2 years with an admission letter and all
[b]Sponsor accounts details
worth $30k
The course was a coop course (practical work during and after the course)

Kindly advise so we get it better while reapplying

Travel history is not a denial reason therefore you can skip that.

Purpose of visit
Purpose of visit cuts across alot like your SOP wasnt well documented or vague
What course are you going for ?
What level of program is it?
Is it related to your work experience?

Finance
Who is your sponsor
how is the sponsor related to you?
Was any amount paid to show commitment towards studying in canada
Did you include your own bank statement .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 2:10pm On Oct 18, 2021
mmoo:
a big “ommo” just like your name rearranged, it’s well, May God perfect what he’s started.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 2:20pm On Oct 18, 2021
mmoo:

I will advise you send mails twice a day for 2weeks if you want a change in your app.

Someone i applied for in July, his eligibility started today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iphydiamond: 2:24pm On Oct 18, 2021
Please who knows the price range for winter jacket at yaba?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 2:25pm On Oct 18, 2021
gracedson:
My people, has anyone flew to Canada with British airway lately ?

Bro, you go land for UK first and i think there is this travel pass or something you mist have to use BA.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 2:26pm On Oct 18, 2021
Iphydiamond:
Please who knows the price range for winter jacket at yaba?

Thank you ooo, seriously i don dey search for am online. And winter boot too with gloves. Biko, i am still expecting PPR

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mmoo: 2:27pm On Oct 18, 2021
I think I will do just that...I am kind of confused because...I got my first gcms note 22nd July eligibility was recommended interview...I got my second gcms and eligibility was blank....both had no pre assessment ...my school resumption is Jan 10th. Pls what will change recommended interview to blank

Anon123:

I will advise you send mails twice a day for 2weeks if you want a change in your app.

Someone i applied for in July, his eligibility started today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mmoo: 2:28pm On Oct 18, 2021
Amen, I will testify here very soon

gracedson:
a big “ommo” just like your name rearranged, it’s well, May God perfect what he’s started.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 2:35pm On Oct 18, 2021
Boss man I sent you a mail please can you reply me I need your assistance
Anon123:

DO NOT USE THE BOLDED AS YOUR SOURCE FUNDS FOR YOUR APPLICATION.

Your sis can transfer the 3m into your account and issue a gift deed and a signed sponsor letter where the transaction has to be declared.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Rach622(f): 2:35pm On Oct 18, 2021
quote author=Teemenzo post=106844679]

Bro, you go land for UK first and i think there is this travel pass or something you mist have to use BA.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 2:42pm On Oct 18, 2021
Seniorman you do collect PPR. congrats bruh
Teemenzo:

Thank you ooo, seriously i don dey search for am online. And winter boot too with gloves. Biko, i am still expecting PPR
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 2:49pm On Oct 18, 2021
Lol, you noticed that. I practically open and read immediately, and even when I login to randomly check, I still open and read again. I have downloaded my medical request more than 100 times, to read it again and again LOL...
The wait is not for the faint hearted shaa.

It will end in Praise for everyone waiting for this good news...

Ketima:

Hello Frankob, I understand how you feel, but be rest assured that they are working on your file behind the scene. A decision may come to you like magic and in a day everything will change. So stay strong and be positively hopeful.

To tease you small, lol. mehn, it took you more than a month to read the submission message. I like your strength ooo.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 2:52pm On Oct 18, 2021
Yeah, its Passengers locator form. It need to be filled once you are transiting via UK...

Cc @gracedson

Teemenzo:

Bro, you go land for UK first and i think there is this travel pass or something you mist have to use BA.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MadeMan01(m): 2:54pm On Oct 18, 2021
June 11, 2021 application date
Biometric completed August 24, 2020
Medical done August 22, 2020
Eligibility started June 16, 2021
BVL and PPR Oct....iJN

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Patricknetter: 2:54pm On Oct 18, 2021
Please, if u re fully vaccinated, will u still be entitled to do quarantine
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 2:59pm On Oct 18, 2021
viviangogos:
Yeah, its Passengers locator form. It need to be filled once you are transiting via UK...

Cc @gracedson

Just the locator form, no need for visa right ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 3:00pm On Oct 18, 2021
Teemenzo:

henheen, I just wan sure the process, make e no be say e need visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chisolove3: 3:04pm On Oct 18, 2021
Go and Book your medicals... Do upfront medicals with either IOM or Qlife....Do it very fast ,I pray you get a slot before the year ends

Bukaka:
Good day my people. Biometric was July 1st and till now no request for medical.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 3:06pm On Oct 18, 2021
Amen oooo . But your medical has expired though... do you want to wait for a request? But you can book for a date while waiting. I checked IOM site last night for date, and the next available date is December 30th or so. Though with a medical request, they can give you an earlier appointment.

All the best!!!

MadeMan01:
June 11, 2021 application date
Biometric completed August 24, 2020
Medical done August 22, 2020
Eligibility started June 16, 2021
BVL and PPR Oct....iJN

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by elenewton1: 3:07pm On Oct 18, 2021
Only the locator form. You won't need a transit visa.

gracedson:
Just the locator form, no need for visa right ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 3:09pm On Oct 18, 2021
ManLikeB:

Thank you so much, please what is the difference between letter of sponsorship and affidavit of support do I need to write both

You are welcome. LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP is totally different from AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT.
You are not to write an AFFIDVAIT OF SUPPORT yourself, you are to get it a NOTARY PUBLIC or a COURT, but you would required to got with some information.

See the contents in the link below for;

Detailed guide on how to get a SWORN affidavit of support (Lagos State Case study), If you are not based in Lagos, apply the information to your location and look for a NOTARY PUBLIC or a COURT there
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/179#98455585

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 3:10pm On Oct 18, 2021
elenewton1:
Only the locator form. You won't need a transit visa.

Thank you my boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sirenoel: 3:19pm On Oct 18, 2021
BVL; today, 18th October
PPR; just in time IJN

#WhatGodCannotDoDoesNotExist

sirenoel:
Let me join this trend in faith...

December 31st, 2020 application date
Biometric completed January 4th
Request for medical September 10th
Medical done October 5th
Medical passed October 14th
Bvl and ppr October... IJN

#WhatGodCannotDoDoesNotExist

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MadeMan01(m): 3:23pm On Oct 18, 2021
viviangogos:
Amen oooo . But your medical has expired though... do you want to wait for a request? But you can book for a date while waiting. I checked IOM site last night for date, and the next available date is December 30th or so. Though with a medical request, they can give you an earlier appointment.

All the best!!!

Thanks.
Yes I applied with upfront medical. 3rd time applicant. First two applications were decided in 94 days or less. This application is now 130 days today. I just decided to chill till they asked for another. Though I sent new LOA in late July from September 2021 to May 2022 because school said class was virtually full for September
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 3:34pm On Oct 18, 2021
mmoo:
I think I will do just that...I am kind of confused because...I got my first gcms note 22nd July eligibility was recommended interview...I got my second gcms and eligibility was blank....both had no pre assessment ...my school resumption is Jan 10th. Pls what will change recommended interview to blank

No specific reason. like i advised, keep sending mails regularly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 3:34pm On Oct 18, 2021
Omiinii:
Boss man I sent you a mail please can you reply me I need your assistance

Just replied

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.