Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,126 members, 7,829,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja (5688 Views)

Lockdown: Osagie Ehanire, Chikwe Ihekweazu Meet Buhari (Photos) / Osagie Ehanire Silent On Question About Abba Kyari’s Whereabouts / Peeled Leather Chair Of Osagie Emmanuel Ehanire, Nigeria's Minister Of Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by EngrXrix(m): 5:50pm On Aug 25, 2021
Fineman87:
This govt is made up of stupid people, I swear. How can Saudi Arabia's govt come to Abuja to recruit our medical professionals. How?? On what basis?? Who is conducting the recruitment exercise?? Is it a Nigerian company?? Does the Saudi Arabian govt have permission to conduct recruitment on Nigerian soil. Does their embassy have the authority to conduct recruitment in a foreign country?? How is this recruitment possible pls? Can any country just go into another country to recruit foreign citizens.

This govt is very stupid. I never for once admired any of its ministers, especially the foreign affairs minister, whom I consider an elufelu. Shame on Nigeria. Shame.

Under a foolish careless irresponsible president, who has assembled a team of buffoonery ministers, would a foreign govt come, without permission, to our country to recruit our medical professionals. Shame. If we allow this, other countries would follow suit.

However this Buhari became president of this country, Hell fire awaits all those who packaged this ethnic and irresponsible irredentist to Nigeria in 2015. The afterlife would be interesting.
Stop fire! You no dey hear say dem dey pay Nigerian doctors for Saudi 1.somtin a month. Why stop them wen u can't pay them what they are worth?
Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by HitRun(m): 5:51pm On Aug 25, 2021
SportsHD:

You're all high on cheap drugs.

To the people watching this thread, this is a perfect example of "your brain on drugs".
Please stay away from drugs.

Do you even know what tuition is?

Very ignorant fellow who does not know he is ignorant.
Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by buckeyemedia: 5:53pm On Aug 25, 2021
rayvelez:
Some people will just open thread to post nonsense even ur govt is not complaining, meanwhile ur president just returned from UK after treating malaria fever and ear infections don’t forget Tinubu still Dey UK hospital.
True Talk.
Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by MufasaLion: 5:59pm On Aug 25, 2021
They should stop it so as for you to keep underpaying and owing them? Subjecting them to be applying for loan just to take care of basic things?

Bombaclat!
Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by MufasaLion: 6:04pm On Aug 25, 2021
UbongCR7:

You are m.ad.
Is it only doctors that are leaving?
The bankers leaving everyday to Canada, wasn't their education subsidized?
What about the engineers?
You won't pay them after most of them working for more than 20 yrs for you, they now decided to leave, you are foaming in your smelly mouth.

Nigerians are used to the pattern of working away their lives for years and end up getting freezers/t.v./microwave etc as souvenirs after retirement, and wait for many years after before their gratuity is paid. Don't forget their pension would still be owed for months

1 Like

Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by olabukola: 6:12pm On Aug 25, 2021
ATTAHDYE:
A lot of you are not aware that your education was/is subsidized. What you pay as school fees in the University is just for maintenance and noting more.

Secondly, most of you are on the side of the doctors today because it suits your quest to criticise the Government. Are these not the same doctors that are not always on sit, that will misdiagnose a patient and prescribe a one-way ticket to the hereafter in the name of treatment without remorse.

These same doctors all have their private practice(against the rules) and are cashing out big time in the name of strike. It is true that thing are not the way they ought to be but that does not mean striking doctors are all saints suddenly. The Saudi Arabia they are running to has rule, I hope they are ready to play by the rules when they get there.

The are not on seat because they need side hustle to compliment the little salary yhey get. Pay them well and get maximum efficiency. It's very simple. As for those saying nonsense about subsidizing the training, did they sign any contract that they must work for you for a salary paid once every two months? Even UK medics( 100% subsidy from UK govt with grant) migrate to other countries to work. The govt failed and the consequences is the shxt Saudi Arabia is pilling on us.
Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by Blue3k(m): 6:26pm On Aug 25, 2021
Your argument is based on a false premise OP. The doctors don't owe subsidies because they aren't loans. Subsidies are tax dollars the state extracts from productive members of society to pay for projects they deem a public goods. If your issue is should the state be heavily Subsidizing education that would be an interesting conversation.

Students should be expected to pay more into the system. If they did the university would be better run and they would get better service and have less disruptions by way of strikes. Notice it mainly thing run badly by the state that experience perpetual strikes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 25, 2021
Fineman87:
This govt is made up of stupid people, I swear. How can Saudi Arabia's govt come to Abuja to recruit our medical professionals. How?? On what basis?? Who is conducting the recruitment exercise??
Op, what's your problem exactly? Why can't you allow our esteemed medical professionals japa in peace? Since you've signed a death warrant with bubu, good luck to you! You can die in Nigeria, nobody cares! Shame on you! Nonsense!
Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by aribisala0(m): 6:32pm On Aug 25, 2021
Fineman87:
Nigerian doctors got subsidized education. They should repay all the subsidy they got.
Only doctors get subsidized education?

Even Jay Jay Okocha got subsidized education
Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by oyatz(m): 7:12pm On Aug 25, 2021
Fineman87:

My friend, Federal and State universities are heavily subsidized. Even the Private universities are minimally subsidized because they train alongside Federal and State teaching hospitals. No individual can easily pay for medicine degree at Uni. They use real dead bodies there to learn. Can ypu pay for that? Bodies of Nigerians that were provided by the State and FG police, prisons, etc. Life is not all about money. These professionals after leaving, who would treat their own brothers and sisters, when the have complications. Guy, wake up. All that glitters isn't gold.

1) There's equality of citizens

2) Any citizen of Nigeria can go outside Nigeria to work and they have been doing that.

3) The Saudi Arabian recruitment in Lagos is to Cherry pick the workers they intend to hire rather than allowing multitudes to enter Saudi Arabia before selecting the ones they will hire.

4) Different categories of workers also get recruited to go and work in overseas.

1 Like

Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by after4: 7:32pm On Aug 25, 2021
Wow subsidised education in an unequipped school you mean? Will you say the same for covenant university that is well equipped? Are you not ashamed of mediocrity?

Fineman87:
Nigerian doctors got subsidized education. They should repay all the subsidy they got.
Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by GeorgeTheCoder: 7:37pm On Aug 25, 2021
Fineman87:

[s]Nigerian doctors got subsidized education. They need to work and repay all the subsidy they got from the FG[/s].

Shut your dirty mouth. If it is subsidized why didn't you take advantage and read medicine ?
Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by ken6488(m): 7:38pm On Aug 25, 2021
1. Yes subsidized education
( with out resources)

2. Buhari prefer UK doctors to Nigerians

So anyway if I have the opportunity I done jakpA
Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 25, 2021
9jamyHome:
Op, what's your problem exactly? Why can't you allow our esteemed medical professionals japa in peace? Since you've signed a death warrant with bubu, good luck to you! You can die in Nigeria, nobody cares! Shame on you! Nonsense!

Wait until you get very sick and there isn't a consultant to treat you. Smh. Be careful what you wish for.
Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 25, 2021
Many of the people talking here dont understand the implications of losing medical consultants. Who will treat you and your mothers when you get ill or need a surgery. Smh.
Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by oyatz(m): 7:44pm On Aug 25, 2021
ATTAHDYE:
A lot of you are not aware that your education was/is subsidized. What you pay as school fees in the University is just for maintenance and noting more.

Secondly, most of you are on the side of the doctors today because it suits your quest to criticise the Government. Are these not the same doctors that are not always on sit, that will misdiagnose a patient and prescribe a one-way ticket to the hereafter in the name of treatment without remorse.

These same doctors all have their private practice(against the rules) and are cashing out big time in the name of strike. It is true that thing are not the way they ought to be but that does not mean striking doctors are all saints suddenly. The Saudi Arabia they are running to has rule, I hope they are ready to play by the rules when they get there.

What exactly is your point sir?

* If the doctors are the problems ,then you should be happy that they are leaving.

* Are these doctors complaining that they can't obey the laws of S/Arabia?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by McStoic(m): 8:50pm On Aug 25, 2021
Fineman87:
This govt is made up of stupid people, I swear. How can Saudi Arabia's govt come to Abuja to recruit our medical professionals. How?? On what basis?? Who is conducting the recruitment exercise?? Is it a Nigerian company?? Does the Saudi Arabian govt have permission to conduct recruitment on Nigerian soil. Does their embassy have the authority to conduct recruitment in a foreign country?? How is this recruitment possible pls? Can any country just go into another country to recruit foreign citizens.

This govt is very stupid. I never for once admired any of its ministers, especially the foreign affairs minister, whom I consider an elufelu. Shame on Nigeria. Shame.

Under a foolish careless irresponsible president, who has assembled a team of buffoonery ministers, would a foreign govt come, without permission, to our country to recruit our medical professionals. Shame. If we allow this, other countries would follow suit.

However this Buhari became president of this country, Hell fire awaits all those who packaged this ethnic and irresponsible irredentist to Nigeria in 2015. The afterlife would be interesting.

My love and patriotism for Nigeria has died since 2015, but I also wondered about this. It's really funny and very shameful...
Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by McStoic(m): 8:52pm On Aug 25, 2021
SUPERBLOOM:
You won't pay them well and you won't let them leave

Talk about you won't let me die and you won't let me live

I think he is not against them moving out. It's just the damning effrontery he is talking about...
Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by Blue3k(m): 9:06pm On Aug 25, 2021
Fineman87:
Many of the people talking here dont understand the implications of losing medical consultants. Who will treat you and your mothers when you get ill or need a surgery. Smh.

Your illogical arguments and guilt tripping doesn't help your case. Saudi Arabia isn't taking all the doctors. There's a new batch of doctors graduating every year. If you want to keep your talent make the country a prosperous place. Most migration is due to economic factors. Don't make this a complicated issue.
Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by Orinz: 9:19pm On Aug 25, 2021
Fineman87:

This is an unnecessary quote, stop it please, nothing is subsidized, people pay tax, their parents pay tax and also pay school fees, which makes things even, nothing like that nonsense wey you de yarn
Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by mushystuff: 9:21pm On Aug 25, 2021
Tomilola360:
Christians and Muslims alike from all tribes are running to a Muslim country for such jobs.

And Muslims are terrorists grin grin grin

In fact it is surprising that while core Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia and the UAE are making their countries largely conducive for persons of all faiths to live and thrive, idiotic muslims like MURIC and sharia loving hypocrites in Kano through the Hisbah have refused to allow Nigerians live peacefully. If they aren't murdering one for cartoon in Denmark, they are aggressive if you don't fast during ramadan or they're destroying legitimate businesses and banning mannequins because it leads their fickle men to sin!

Then boko haram plus bandits keep terrorising the citizens without resistance coupled with a dead government that rather supports and sponsors islamic terrorism! The brand being practised in Nigeria must be the evil kind of islam that abhors development, peace, advancement and freedom!
Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by mushystuff: 9:24pm On Aug 25, 2021
optionalY09:
Nigerians a slaves, thought some of them study heard to get a degree, their degree will always be to the advantage of those who make sure we will never be free. This is what happen when you go abroad to work.

You are an upgraded slave

Better to stay in Nigeria, fight the government and change the bad system. Change that crazy constitution and delete all these corrupt actors in government.

Small EndSARS wey youths do no be massacre dem collect plus account freeze till date? Na so e easy to 'Change that crazy constitution and delete all these corrupt actors in government'? It is good that those that can are leaving this hellhole to earn good income and live basically decent lives while upgrading their families and communities as they can please!
Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by NnamdiN: 10:45pm On Aug 25, 2021
Fineman87:
they will repay when they get to Saudi Arabia ��.

Please do you know when they'll recruit nurses ? My sister na nurse and Saudi no go bad undecided
Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by johnbush(m): 12:31am On Aug 26, 2021
Fineman87:

what day hell do you mean. Are we not free people? No one can be forced to stay and work in Nigeria. this is simply free market competition for Labour.
Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by drkay(m): 2:19am On Aug 26, 2021
Fineman87:

You have a point. But in any case, the FG must investigate. These are trained medical professionals with years of experience. We can't allow foreigners come into our country to pack them like that .
He’s right. They are recruitment agencies. They do go to countries like Nigeria, Egypt and india, to recruit healthcare professionals who’re willing to work in Saudi Arabia and some other countries here in the Middle East.
All successful candidates will pay certain amount as agency fee.
As per those doctors that are leaving, govt can’t stop them. I left about 4 years ago because I was left with no other choice. You really don’t want to know what some of us went through before we took that decision.
It’s not all about the financial gains. Most of us were ready to stay back but the situation in Nigeria is becoming unbearable. It’s even getting worse now.
As per getting subsidized training, everyone that studied in a govt-owned institution got that. We are grateful.
Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by eyinjuege: 5:53am On Aug 26, 2021
Fineman87:

Nigerian doctors got subsidized education. They need to work and repay all the subsidy they got from the FG.

Every Nigerian student gets subsidised education, and everyone relocates abroad for different reasons.
Some don't even practice at all and decide to be stay at home parents.
Why aren't others paying back their subsidies?
You can't single out Drs because they're not the only ones relocating.
You might as well advise that subsidies are removed from Nigerian universities and each uni given complete autonomy. That will at least stop the problem of unending ASUU strikes.
Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by optionalY09: 6:01am On Aug 26, 2021
mushystuff:

Small EndSARS wey youths do no be massacre dem collect plus account freeze till date? Na so e easy to 'Change that crazy constitution and delete all these corrupt actors in government'? It is good that those that can are leaving this hellhole to earn good income and live basically decent lives while upgrading their families and communities as they can please!

You know why the end SARS wasn’t a win win situation, some who felt they were better off condemn the movement but see what has happened to many of them now, everyone is feeling the heat now let’s us all face these monster and end it once and for all
Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by Caboceer: 6:40am On Aug 26, 2021
Fineman87:

You are.even more foolish than those in government

Your brain is completely dead
Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by SocialJustice: 6:48am On Aug 26, 2021
Fineman87:

Nigerian doctors got subsidized education. They need to work and repay all the subsidy they got from the FG.
Oya force them to stay, because na you read the book for them.
Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 26, 2021
after4:
Put your self in their shoes, will you not go? In nigeria a prof gets 400k but their he gets 6m each month. In this Nigeria that 400k hem never see am, no equipment to work with, no job satisfaction and the minister of labour said they are competing with god while your president don't care about them as he has always gone abroad. Do you know that somewhere in the SE doctors have being on strike for 40 months now and the governor don't care. If you are such doctor, what will you do?
Some of these useless doctors who are against government cannot school in Saudi Arabia, in Nigeria we are still pay N40000 as School fee, what you spend to train one medical doctor in SA can train 50 medical doctor in Nigeria and still you are blaming government , if federal government increase their fee in Nigeria the same people will move from pillar to poll to condemn government.

1 Like

Re: FG, Ehanire, IGP - Stop Saudi Arabia Recruitment In Abuja by after4: 1:58pm On Aug 26, 2021
Now i ask you, did your government equip their medical schools just like the saudi you are reffering to? are you talking about schools that receives allocations just enough to pay salaries and thats all? have you heard of research grants and how much does nigerian government spend on that compared to saudi? How much does the government allocate to education visa vis the money they said they spent feeding school children that are in their father's house during covid? Lets not decieve ourselves, whatever those doctors knows, they learnt it themselves and that is why they are good. alot of them use their personal monies to go for further training which does not happen in saudi and that is why they are good. Has abia state paid their doctors? what about taraba? do you know how many months those guys have being at home? How does the senate collects and what do they really do in that place other than ruber stamping whatever is brought to their table with bribe attached to it? you are conplaining about doctors, how about the nigerian teachers tha produce those doctors, is that not why no serious person wants to teach in nigerian schools? see, respect your self oh, we dont owe nigeria and nigerian government anything because they dont deserve our loyalty so you cant force anybody in this country to give loyalty to this country. you dont reap what you did not sow

supportnija:

Some of these useless doctors who are against government cannot school in Saudi Arabia, in Nigeria we are still pay N40000 as School fee, what you spend to train one medical doctor in SA can train 50 medical doctor in Nigeria and still you are blaming government , if federal government increase their fee in Nigeria the same people will move from pillar to poll to condemn government.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Poll: Tribunal Grants Uba, Soludo Access To Inspect Election Materials / Happy 48th Birthday To My Country, Nigeria / Aregbesola Declared Governor Of Osun State: Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.