Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? (12184 Views)

Distribution Of Exotic Vehicles Divides Senators / SS/SE,If Nigeria Divides Today!Can You Vote Jonathan As The President Of Biafra. / Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by dustydee: 9:29am On May 21, 2011
Don't bother your small head we shall not divide. tongue
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by LadyT(f): 9:46am On May 21, 2011
angry

The north is hostile fullstop. The south will have no problem accomadating people who wish to live in peace no matter their religion or tribe. But its about time we stop decieving ourselves. The North are a problem let them rule themselves so we can have peace jare!
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Nobody: 10:12am On May 21, 2011
LadyT:

angry

The north is hostile fullstop. The south will have no problem accomadating people who wish to live in peace no matter their religion or tribe. But its about time we stop decieving ourselves. The North are a problem let them rule themselves so we can have peace jare!

Amin o!
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Nobody: 10:13am On May 21, 2011
rubbish thread,
So we shuld kip gettin murdered??
Dumb*dumbly*dumb thread.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Afam4eva(m): 10:21am On May 21, 2011
I think every region should mind their business. Why do you concern yourself so much about the Christians in the north. Are there no Christians in India and Pakistan? This separation is based on Ethnicity and/or Region and not religion. If this country divided the Christians in the north are free to move into southern Nigeria as foreigners. At least here they won't be slaughtered.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by DeCleff(m): 10:26am On May 21, 2011
Wether there are majority of christians in the north or not, that has nothing to do with dividing the nation. If nations like Libya, Sudan, Iran, Syria, Eypt, parkistan, Dubai and Malaysia etc have christians living and doing well there, i don't think that the division of Nigeria will effect northern christians nagatively. We serve a living God who is able and willing to help, deliver and protect His people where ever they are. So lets don't use the northern christians as excuse or barrier to stop the division because thing called Nigeria must divide for good.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by jaguar09(m): 10:29am On May 21, 2011
For me Nigeria is better off when divided, or let all regions control and run a government answerable to a central government that would be constituted like the National Assembly with representatives from all regions based on agreed quota. Only then would resource control, power sharing formula (the major cause of Nigerian issues), better standard of living all be a thing of the past. Let every region feed for themselves and remit a percentage to the central government which would be saddled with the responsibility to provide and propagate international affairs, while the regional heads manage all local affairs of their people.

Summary:

Option A: Divide Nigeria

Option B: Run a region government answerable to a central structure with even representation of all regions.

Then let the measure you give to the central government be the same proportion you are given in return.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by fineboy200: 10:31am On May 21, 2011
please tell my people in the north; to your tents oh israel! dont deceive yourselves.  that you have been living in that region for quantum years does not mean you can never be sacrificial lamb some day. a word is enough for the wise.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Nobody: 10:36am On May 21, 2011
Christians in the North can relocate to the South
99.8% chance they would not be killed down here tongue
Tired of peasants who think they've got liberty to kill for silly reasons  angry
and hope they will get certain amount of virgins for eternity  sad
err no, you wouldn't. . .most certainly you would burn in hell
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by macjive01: 10:43am On May 21, 2011
I find it very repugnanting that u tell cjristain majority In a state to vacate for her minority,nomadic  immigrant community!

Are u guys crazy or what?
What has happened to the valor?

If there has to be a division the hausas wud hv to go. Simple.

I can't see how Hausas; a nomadic, unintelligent, muslims can sustain n win an outright war.

They annoying thing about the xtain majority in the north is they re so fragmented into little tribes. There re over 100 in adamawa alone.
And years of Muslim military rulership has imbibed so much fear into their system.
That not withstanding there is a way out.

1. Form a solidarity. A group. A national body for northern  xtains. ( this body wud b ur mouth piece).

2. Form alliances with other southerns.

3. Encourage marriages with southerns. (NYSC is a great opportunity)  

4. Form political  n social bodies n learn to vote enblock .

5. Open ur markets, rent and sell lands to Igbos - n others who re willing to live and fight for the good cause.

6. Educate ur children. Set up funds to have ur children, ur intelligent ones trained abroad. In the best schools.

7. Lobby southern states universities to allocate higher number of places for northern christains.

8. Set up local vigilant services to keep a watchful on the society and also empower them to fight.

9. Shd b the second, adopt an identity. STOP WEARING THe MALLAM wear!, for Christ sake do u guys have no heritage?

10. Advocate peace but prepare for war!
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by homerac7: 10:45am On May 21, 2011
Having lived in d North, i hav always asked proponents for divison dt where is d boundary line to b drawn?

If breaking up becomes so inevitable, certainly it will b on grounds on compatibility of socio-cultural ideologies and economic advantages. Then, d middle belt will b forced to move wt d south for common access to d sea. Southern Kaduna and Gombe wc r majorly christians will want to align wt southern Nigeria. Major part of Adamawa, totality of Taraba may follow suit. Many neighbouring tribes (especially if they r christians) may also want to stay wt Southern Nigeria. The final equation may leave a north dt is small and very powerless.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by tutuwater(m): 10:48am On May 21, 2011
To me, religion is not the problem but the culture associated with the religion. If we dod split what i fear the most are the following:
1. The possibility of having our own gazar strip like border.
2. The possibility of the north blaming all their failures on the split and then terrorizing the south.
3. The possibility of having a failed state has a neigbhour.
The deaths from these scenarios may be more than what we have now and adding after effect of war to the equation, i will prefer we put structures where we keep a name together but we are politically different.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by executinal(m): 10:58am On May 21, 2011
Divide is the solution to Northern Crises,
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Afam4eva(m): 11:04am On May 21, 2011
It's funny how many more people that are non-Igbos are clamoring for the division of the country. yet, it was the same people that spited Igbos over 40 years ago for doing that.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Sunofgod(m): 11:06am On May 21, 2011
afam4eva:

It's funny how many more people that are non-Igbos are clamoring for the division of the country. yet, it was the same people that spited Igbos over 40 years ago for doing that.

Maybe they are 'Awakening' - Dont abuse them for that.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Rhino5dm: 11:09am On May 21, 2011
They are casualities of war. . .
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by emmke(m): 11:16am On May 21, 2011
easy, i say divide da country into 3, at least. Take ur south, give them their north and we'd have our middle belt. Middle belt states to include, plateau, benue, adamawa, kogi, abuja,nasasawa, southern kaduna, parts of niger and Gombe, possibly. Such beautiful places, smiley, very rich in agriculture, tourism potentials and solid minerals. Plus it will be christian dominated (at least 65% will be christians). Truth is i really wont like to relocate down south as some of u are proposing, esp d SE and i definitely would not like to be in the same country with the hausas. We'd come up with a befitting name for a middle belt country.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by dayokanu(m): 11:36am On May 21, 2011
@OP,

Bauchi State is not majority xtian. In 20 LGA I think only Bogoro, Toro and Tafawa Balewa have majority Xtian population, Maybe part of Alkhaleri LGA too
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Rhino5dm: 11:45am On May 21, 2011
Are we to demonize the entire north beacuse of few selective acts of barbarism?

How else shall we turn our eyes over the criminals killing innocent souls on daily basis due to FAKE drugs they are peddling as originals?

How about trying to figure out who is the real savage here?

Those militant killings should be equally use to justify the generalisation of barbaric South. Oh! I forget they got OIL and we dare not speak ill of them cos they are 'freedom' fighters.

Yeah the north is EVIL and backward, yet we have more horrable actions in the south NO?

There is frequent crises north and there is kidnapping and ritual killings in the south NO?

We have to devide the country in to six parts, No one should be eyeing 'our' oil for any greedy intentions. Period.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by T9ksy(m): 11:50am On May 21, 2011
afam4eva:

[i]Here we go again with the same old tripe we 've had to endure from you guys.

Igbos were not trying to divide the country rather they were attempting to impose their own rule on the rest of us.[/i]We didn't spite you guys we just refused to have ojukwu tell us how to live in our own land.

Gosh! Don't you guys ever get fed-up with spewing the same spurious allegations all the time.
4 decades later and still counting!!!
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by aljharem3: 11:57am On May 21, 2011
emmke:

easy, i say divide da country into 3, at least. Take your south, give them their north and we'd have our middle belt. Middle belt states to include, plateau, benue, adamawa, kogi, abuja,nasasawa, southern kaduna, parts of niger and Gombe, possibly. Such beautiful places, smiley, very rich in agriculture, tourism potentials and solid minerals. Plus it will be christian dominated (at least 65% will be christians). Truth is i really wont like to relocate down south as some of u are proposing, esp d SE and i definitely would not like to be in the same country with the hausas. We'd come up with a befitting name for a middle belt country.

this SE or igbo people are very drunk each time they comment on this site

i mean look at this
macjive01:

I find it very repugnanting that u tell cjristain majority In a state to vacate for her minority,nomadic  immigrant community!

Are u guys crazy or what?
What has happened to the valor?

If there has to be a division the hausas wud hv to go. Simple.

I can't see how Hausas; a nomadic, unintelligent, muslims can sustain n win an outright war.

They annoying thing about the xtain majority in the north is they re so fragmented into little tribes. There re over 100 in adamawa alone.
And years of Muslim military rulership has imbibed so much fear into their system.
That not withstanding there is a way out.

1. Form a solidarity. A group. A national body for northern  xtains. ( this body wud b your mouth piece).

2. Form alliances with other southerns.

3. Encourage marriages with southerns. (NYSC is a great opportunity)  

4. Form political  n social bodies n learn to vote enblock .

5. Open your markets, rent and sell lands to Igbos - n others who re willing to live and fight for the good cause.

6. Educate your children. Set up funds to have your children, your intelligent ones trained abroad. In the best schools.

7. Lobby southern states universities to allocate higher number of places for northern christains.

8. Set up local vigilant services to keep a watchful on the society and also empower them to fight.

9. Shd b the second, adopt an identity. STOP WEARING THe MALLAM wear!, for Christ sake do u guys have no heritage?

10. Advocate peace but prepare for war!

Johnpaul2k2:

GBAM!!!!!!
but one more thing,apart from religious whatever,they also attached killing of Christians and CORPERS in their region and that also the reason why they expelled all the leaders in SS/SE/SW, simply because there were no violent in these region.
if Nigeria divide,
S[b]S/SE and almost NC will emerge,
i dont really know about SW and
'core North' like sokoto,Niger,gombe,bauchi and their likes , where people behave like WILD ANIMAL will form REAL OSAMA BIN LADEN IMAGE[/b]

this people are very silly and drunk people

they have not even thought of the current problem being taking to the north and south,.,.,., ant brainers grin grin grin

let be known that the core north will be divided into NE and NW

their will be Middle belt of plateau country

kogi country

the part of kogi and kwara will join the SW

part of beuea will join  SE if they want which i doudt

SS will also divide, the ijaw on their own, edo on their own, etc

ebonyi too will form their country

borno will unite with their other brothers in other countries

etc
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by macjive01: 12:22pm On May 21, 2011
Doesn't mk sense disintegratng the country into little fiefdoms and it won't be 
Rather what wud happen is, people of like mind and character wud come together and form a union. A country.

The christains in the north and the land the occupy WUD and MUST NOT left to any mallam!!!

Don't get me wrong, our new state wud negotiate for land-swaps to provide an effective defensible border.

We shall restrict the Hausa to sokoto, kebbi, zamfara, Kano, northern kaduna, northern kastina, jigawa, yobe, northern borno.

No one inch of the new sovereign nation shall be traded for gold nor silver. And it shall be defended with her citizenry to the last strength in our soul.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 21, 2011
macjive01:

We shall restrict the Hausa to sokoto, kebbi, zamfara, Kano, northern kaduna, northern kastina, jigawa, yobe, northern borno.

We accept you suggestion on the devide, kindly draw mw a map.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by ak47mann(m): 12:56pm On May 21, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

They are casualities of war. . .
ASHANTI why not go to your Ghana web site and argue your stupidity embarassed why are you so into Nigerian affair undecided abi they forgot to deport you doing GHANA MUST GO undecided be proud of your country mumu ashi pikin tongue tongue
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by MIBB: 12:57pm On May 21, 2011
Dividing the country wont do any section any good. No part of Nigeria except the south west can comfortably form a nation. What we need is a restructuring along already existing six zones, so that each zone can be semi autonomous and able to develop at its pace, equal representation at the centre and a central Government that will be funded by the zones.

The image we command today is a function of our size. We can only but build on this. It will be left for South East to decide to send her people to the moon when North West is still grappling with the almajiris. The current trend of institutionalizing equal pace of development is unrealistic.

The South/South should realise that oil alone can't make them develop, and that it will not last for ever. They urgently need to prevail on their Governments to shun white elephant projects and invest in the people.

Above all, we need to live in peace, our problem is not religion, but structure. Thats why people keep agitating for sovereign national conference to brainstorm on an acceptable structure. All positive pressures should be tailored in this direction. Long Live Nigeria , and may it become the country of our dream.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Jehu: 1:18pm On May 21, 2011
Religion is not the problem, neither is division the Solution.

The problems from my own perspective are -

1.  The Divisive propensities of our Elites, who play on religion, ethnicity, etc to create confusion in other to fan their
    selfish ambitions in to flame.

2.  Ignorance and lack of enlightenment on the part of the masses, who believe anything they are instigated with.

The solutions, I believe can be, first, restructuring our political system along socio-cultural climes

For example, Nigeria should retain its Federal Republic status and geo-political sovereignty, with a President and Council of Ministers., Bi-camera legislation, Federal Judiciary and some of the items on the Exclusive legislative listing devolved to the regions.

Instead of 36 states, let's have 6 geo-political regions/provinces with a Governor-General as Head, a Unicameral legislature and Parliamentary system of Govt.

In each Region/Province, let's have 12 States along Socio-cultural lines with Governors as Head, just like we have them, now, only smaller.

And in each State, let's have 12 Local Governments with Mayors as Heads, like our Current LGAs, only now larger.

And 12 Districts/Municipalities/Counties within each Local Government headed by Chairmen, which will now be the most basic Governmental structure (grassroot) to the people with Town Halls and everyone knowing everybody.

Say, what do you all think?
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Rhino5dm: 1:23pm On May 21, 2011
Hey osisikankwu! Can't you see we are discussing the EVILS of the north and east?

What'up? Any FAKE drugs or small children to sell?

ak47mann:

ASHANTI why not go to your Ghana web site and argue your stupidity embarassed why are you so into Nigerian affair undecided abi they forgot to deport you doing GHANA MUST GO undecided be proud of your country mumu ashi pikin tongue tongue
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by ak47mann(m): 1:54pm On May 21, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Hey osisikankwu! Can't you see we are discussing the EVILS of the north and east?

What'up? Any FAKE drugs or small children to sell?

yes in ghanaleak.net tongue tongue tongue wey your ghanaian babes both young and old dey act local po-rn tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue check it out i know you will if you haven't register long time cool cool coolyour women are some honey freaks tongue aahhhh i wish i was old enough in the 80s so that i can have many 1naira ghana ho-es as i want tongue chei i will be fu-cking those big yarsh 3 or 4 every night cheesy cheesy che you get abeg go back to your country embarassed you are not a Nigerian undecided undecided undecided
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by qmd24(m): 3:21pm On May 21, 2011
O God of Creation,DIRECT OUR NOBLE 'division'
1. United states of Oduduwa- SW + KWARA + EDO
2. Biafra Republic- SE
3. Delta Repub- SS
4. United States of Boko Haram - NW+ NE
5. Norther Xtians United- NC.

Gbam.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by ektbear: 4:03pm On May 21, 2011
^-- I'd imagine that for financial (and possibly other) reasons, Edo would look into joining the SS.

But yeah, that seems about right. Western Kogi is Yorubaland though, and comes with us if Nigeria splits.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by JimmyBoy1: 4:16pm On May 21, 2011
I don't know if any of you watched president Barack Obama's Speech on US policy towards Middle East and North Africa.He said that dictators in this region.
He said that dictators in this region have managed to divert the attention of the people by blaming the West, slave trade that ended over 50 years ago, religion and ethnicity. The same scenario is playing out in Nigeria, they have succesfuly set us up against each other, while leaders on both side of the divide and their cronies cotinue to plunder us. My conclusion is that, if amalgamation of North and South actually improved the lot of British Empire, then it should no produce a different result for the original inhabitants of the land.
Re: If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? by Odunnu: 4:39pm On May 21, 2011
Thank God i'l have dual citizenship then by virtue of birth and residence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) / Orji To Relocate 78-year Umuahia Market / Ohanaeze To Visit Buhari With Charter Of Demands - Vanguard Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.