Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! (10725 Views)

Ali-Baba Gets N2m From Jacob Zuma's Visit To Nigeria / Rapper 50 Cent Calls Out P Diddy Over Tupac Shakur's Death / Do You Think P. Diddy Looks Somali? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by honeric01(m): 8:41am On Jul 28, 2007
The Yeye comb wey dey lost for foreign land come dey yarn rubbish about him father land, i no blame the prodigy son, sooner or later, monkey go comot from him yash
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by Mustay(m): 8:55am On Jul 28, 2007
honeric01:

The Yeye comb wey dey lost for foreign land come dey yarn rubbish about him father land, i no blame the prodigy son, sooner or later, monkey go comot from him yash

no minjd em
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by honeric01(m): 9:00am On Jul 28, 2007
I blame the slave trade masters, if not for that, maybe na shoe maker p.diddy for dey do for somalia
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by Mustay(m): 9:17am On Jul 28, 2007
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by redsun(m): 10:41am On Jul 28, 2007
It is not the fact that some areas in nigeria are clean and tidy,but the fact that the majority of areas are uninhabitable and unfit for humans is what suprises first time visitors.There is no reason for the filth,not even poverty or natural disaster, It is indigestible when you see from the outside.Ghetto or no ghetto in america,it can't be compared with the filth.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by Mustay(m): 10:55am On Jul 28, 2007
W D Y M?

DIDNT COOL J AND AKON TOUR SOME PARTS OF LAGOS?

DIDNT YCLEF STAY A LITTLE WHILE 2 RECORD A SONG?

ABEG MAKE WE HEAR WORD. E 4 GO DO IMMUNIZTION TE TE grin
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by SMC(f): 11:05am On Jul 28, 2007
The truth is bitter, but it has to be digested. The fact of the matter is that Nigeria is a crap place to live.
P.Diddy was right on the money when he said that the country is poverty stricken. What will you call a country in which well over 60% of the population lives below the poverty line? Let us call a spade, a spade. The country has lots of natural resources and wealth, but most of it is embezzelled by a few greedy people and does not filter down to the masses who continue to live in penury.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by Mustay(m): 11:16am On Jul 28, 2007
i hope this is not turnin 2 a poverty or politics section

didnt he kno that tele tele ni?

no be say na humanitarian visit e come do
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by SMC(f): 11:23am On Jul 28, 2007
And on Rhianna's comment about drinking water, the fact is many Nigerians don't drink tap water. In fact, the truth is that most Nigerians do not have water coming out of their taps, PERIOD. Most people have personal boreholes etc. I am Nigerian and I most definitely do not drink tap water nor use it to brush my teeth (2 serious bouts of typhoid fever ensured this action). The best I'd do is make sure the water is boiled and filtered first, but bottled water is definitely preferred.

Moreover, you don't want to catch typhoid then return to somewhere like the UK where you will see a good few doctors start to recommend that you be quarantined.

Gone are the days when there was quality control in Naija. Now it is everyman for himself.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by Mustay(m): 11:30am On Jul 28, 2007
rihanna's got her thread

see,

[size=28pt]if u can m,ake it in lagos[/size], [size=38pt]u can make it in any [/size] f king [size=48pt]place in d world[/size]
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by corperfiel: 11:36am On Jul 28, 2007
There is no doubt about that. But there are still some people in Lagos who are still not up to date{i.e SOJI guys} .
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by Mustay(m): 11:43am On Jul 28, 2007
mos' definitely
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by zigbo(f): 1:32pm On Jul 28, 2007
SMC:

And on Rhianna's comment about drinking water, the fact is many Nigerians don't drink tap water. In fact, the truth is that most Nigerians do not have water coming out of their taps, PERIOD. Most people have personal boreholes etc. I am Nigerian and I most definitely do not drink tap water nor use it to brush my teeth (2 serious bouts of typhoid fever ensured this action). The best I'd do is make sure the water is boiled and filtered first, but bottled water is definitely preferred.

are u tryin to compare "many nigerians" to super stars,ok my point is rihanna and co were not sent to a ghetto cos those are one of the few places in naija were there are no runnin water,they were prolly sent to a top class hotel and tryin to say that there was no runnin water in such a hotel is impossible cos even in guest houses there is runnin water 24/7. I'm nt tryna say them stars are lying i jst dunno though, nywy na dem sabi!
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by SMC(f): 2:27pm On Jul 28, 2007
zigbo:

are u tryin to compare "many nigerians" to super stars,ok my point is rihanna and co were not sent to a ghetto because those are one of the few places in naija were there are no runnin water,they were prolly sent to a top class hotel and tryin to say that there was no runnin water in such a hotel is impossible because even in guest houses there is runnin water 24/7. I'm nt trying to say them stars are lying i jst don't know though, nywy na them sabi!

She did not say that there was no water from the tap O. She said they couldn't use it (i.e. it was not safe for human consumption) not even for brushing.

As for comparing Nigerians to "super stars", my point is ife many Nigerians won't use the water, why should you expect foreigners to use it?
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by SMC(f): 2:35pm On Jul 28, 2007
Mustay:

see,
if u can m,ake it in lagos, u can make it in any f king place in d world

That is a fallacy mate.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by YOUNGDICEs(m): 3:48pm On Jul 28, 2007
I wish them niggas do juju on his asss and we will really show him how is goin down in naija.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by Mustay(m): 3:59pm On Jul 28, 2007
diddy ole!

well, i still like e music sha
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by YOUNGDICEs(m): 5:11pm On Jul 28, 2007
go diddy go diddy go diddy is your birthdate.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by moondust(m): 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2007
d guy speaks d truth. u guys shouldn't mouth him yet. afterall kelly couldnt even stomach wat she saw and passed out.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by Mustay(m): 5:20pm On Jul 28, 2007
moondust:

d guy speaks d truth. u guys shouldn't mouth him yet. afterall kelly couldnt even stomach what she saw and passed out.

na 4 only naija that kinda thing dey happen

thief ole carry am gho!
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by SMC(f): 5:55pm On Jul 28, 2007
Haba Mustay, Why you dey carry this case put for your head now? undecided tongue
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by LILDICEs: 5:58pm On Jul 28, 2007
smc are you hausa?
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by Mustay(m): 6:05pm On Jul 28, 2007
smc no mind me o! i no get work do
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by SMC(f): 6:06pm On Jul 28, 2007
LILDICE$:

smc are you hausa?

Haba Yaro/Yarinya. Ina (No)!!
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by chiogo(f): 6:23pm On Jul 28, 2007
LOL some ppl are just yarning dust.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by Mustay(m): 6:33pm On Jul 28, 2007
bt jayz see some na
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by zigbo(f): 7:56pm On Jul 28, 2007
@smc how the hell  did they know that the water was nt good enough for human consumption, may i remind u or may be them that water straight from bore hole is good enough for consumption, ok most people dnt drink it directly from the tap but u can freakin use it to wash your mouth.they are acting like there was no runnin water at all or if there was,they saw life bugs runnin out with the water
moondust:

d guy speaks d truth. u guys shouldn't mouth him yet. afterall kelly couldnt even stomach what she saw and passed out.
glad she's d only one that ve collapsed yet.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by chiogo(f): 7:58pm On Jul 28, 2007
she didn't even say d water was not clean but that there was no water at all , which is a big, fat lie and she had to brush her mouth with bottled water. tell me how that is possible! phewww, am tired anywayz, they can kiss my wee-wee.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by honeric01(m): 10:43pm On Jul 28, 2007
SMC:

She did not say that there was no water from the tap O. She said they couldn't use it (i.e. it was not safe for human consumption) not even for brushing.

As for comparing Nigerians to "super stars", my point is ife many Nigerians won't use the water, why should you expect foreigners to use it?
The way you sounded here warrants my wrath but i wouldn't have to descend on you cos you are not the mouth runners, why would someone like you believe that the water in sheraton hotel or meridian hotel is not safe for drinking? and you still quote such thing here? thats bad of you, tell me, does the water they drink in the states fall from heaven direct into their cups? why will that yeye Caribbean girl talk that the water can't even be used for brushing her artificial teeth? bullshit them all, there is tap waters in Nigeria, you hardly see wells in Lagos Now a days not to talk of people drinking it, instead there is bole holes and tap water in most places, we stay in lagos and we know what's going on here, so if you know you are not in lagos or hardly go out of your highly fenced home with barbe wire as if it's a prison yard, then don't comment on what you don't know.
and again, you said 60% of Nigerians live below $1 abi? have you ever been to mama put's canteen before? go and check how much food is sold there, try the market and see if you will be able to buy anything that's below $1 and be filled up, Let's stop believing the crap these useless people talk about our country! we know Nigeria is just developing, even if strangers are saying rubbish about our country, must you self say the same thing? if someone say your mom is bad, does that make you support them and rubbish your mom too? this is so simple, you can hardly eat a meal less than $1 and be satisfied, no way, if you think i am lying, go and make research yourself, we eat, cook, go to the market everyday and we know how much we spend just for one derica of rice which is almost $1, excluding ingredients, so why do we talk as if we are that sure of the stupid fact the westerner do give us about our own country?
example, rihana says our five star hotel water is not even safe for brushing of teeth, and then you believe her, you see this useless and baseless fact! INFACT I AM ANGRY WITH NEGATIVE NIGERIANS IN HERE with the way they comment and support stupid and fame seeking celebs from the westerner world who prefer rubbishing African countries the way they like.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by SMC(f): 10:54pm On Jul 28, 2007
zigbo:

@smc how the hell  did they know that the water was nt good enough for human consumption, may i remind u or may be them that water straight from bore hole is good enough for consumption, ok most people dnt drink it directly from the tap but u can freakin use it to wash your mouth.they are acting like there was no runnin water at all or if there was,they saw life bugs runnin out with the water glad she's d only one that ve collapsed yet.

They were apparently advised not to use the water.

And while lots of Nigerins drink the water directly from boreholes, many people do fall ill. may I remind you that such water is not treated. Moreover, the constitution of the average Nigerian is tougher than most foreigners.

I don't know if Rihanna gave multiple interviews where she talked on the Nigerian trip, but in the interview I saw, she did not say that there was no water. She said they could not use the [Nigerian] water and had to use bottled water to brush their teeth.
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by Mustay(m): 11:04pm On Jul 28, 2007
[size=88pt]naija rocks[/size]

no matter what they say
Re: Diddy's Opinion After Visit To Naija! by Mustay(m): 11:11pm On Jul 28, 2007
they've obviously read many erroneous stories that they're confused on which one 2 believe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wow!!!she's So Beautiful! See Alafin Of Oyo’s Youngest Wife / Neymar On Blonde Hair / Akpororo, Asu Ekiye, Others Light Up Abuja At 'A Night With The King' Concert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.