Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,113 members, 7,818,319 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

One Man's Opinion - Men Should Treat Women Well Only Half The Time - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / One Man's Opinion - Men Should Treat Women Well Only Half The Time (1703 Views)

16 Tips On How Men Should Treat Women? [for Singles And Married] / Why Men Should Love And Treat Women Well - As Queens! / It Is About Time Men Should Be REQUIRED To Chop Chop Toto! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Man's Opinion - Men Should Treat Women Well Only Half The Time by dealordea(m): 10:43am On May 22, 2011
I had the pleasure of discussing women with a kid in our neighborhood. Good kid, in his teens, but his parents are, IMO, quite backwards. That's another story for another time.

He said his father told him that he should only treat women well half the time because when you're good to them all the time, they will leave you for someone else.

I wanted to be sure he didn't get the wrong message. I asked him if, perhaps, his father meant that you can't be too nice because nice guys tend to be taken advantage of. Nope. The instructions were to purposely mistreat women sometimes to keep them on their toes; to do it intentionally.

Thankfully, and like I said, he is a good kid. He said he would never do that. He wouldn't want to keep a woman by breaking her down. Thank goodness. What was this man thinking and why was he allowed to reproduce?

Thoughts?
Re: One Man's Opinion - Men Should Treat Women Well Only Half The Time by Nobody: 10:46am On May 22, 2011
Who cares. Hopefully he's not the man I'm gonna marry lol cool cool
Re: One Man's Opinion - Men Should Treat Women Well Only Half The Time by Nobody: 10:54am On May 22, 2011
Lots of fathers advise their sons never to take women seriously. FACT!
Lots of fathers advise their sons never to treat women well all the time.FACT!

I know lots of hypocrites will be on this thread threatening brimestone and hell fire,but it is the truth.
Re: One Man's Opinion - Men Should Treat Women Well Only Half The Time by Dyt(f): 12:05pm On May 22, 2011
ok
Re: One Man's Opinion - Men Should Treat Women Well Only Half The Time by Beync(f): 12:16pm On May 22, 2011
Wrong education.
If u marry the woman of your dream, you'l treat her half good because your grand father says.
Treat others the way you espect them to treat you simple.
Re: One Man's Opinion - Men Should Treat Women Well Only Half The Time by MrsChima(f): 12:51pm On May 22, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: One Man's Opinion - Men Should Treat Women Well Only Half The Time by Dsense(m): 1:10pm On May 22, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: One Man's Opinion - Men Should Treat Women Well Only Half The Time by Onchedu(m): 1:15pm On May 22, 2011
Opinion seconded. Ok maybe not half the time as opined by the dude in question, cos there's no accurate measure of ''half the time'' since 'full the time' cannot be calculated.

Anyway it's better to give a woman the full experience. Treat her good sometimes, treat her bad sometimes - good more than bad, but make sure she gets the full experience.

Truth is when a girl doesn't feel she has it all she'l go looking for what she doesnt have, whether it's the good, the bad or the ugly.

He treats her right & ''he's just too good;'' bad, and ''he's just evil.'' He cares too much & ''he's a whimp.'' He doesn't care at all & ''he's a brute.''
A man's scholng is too big & ''it's too big it hurts.'' It's too small & ''it's soo small, I don't feel a thing.'' He lasts long & ''it's too much,'' he cums quick & ''it's too soon.'' He's likes its tender & slow & ''he's too mushy,'' rough & hard & ''he's not sensitive to my needs.''

Gentlemen, there's a reason why they say ladies first,  Boring as it may be & limiting to their needs with disregard for Urs, it's best to look at it as a job. Forget how U feel, your own needs e.t.c, & give her the full experience, till she's older & more mature & convinced she has it made being with U, & if she has been disciplined enough to have kept herself attractive & tuned to your needs then, U will have rest & comfort at the arms of the one U worked on for years & she will have U. There's a time for everything, seed time and harvest time.

Don't be afraid to say no when U have to & don't be so frugal U can't say yes.
Here a little, there a little.  If she needs to be cuddled, cuddle with her, if scolded, scold her. Being predictable is boring.

Every girl wants that ''full woman experience.'' They like to believe that's it's cos of something about them U can't resist U are with the. They want to feel like they earned Ur love by some skill or talent that they have honed better than the other girl. Now as much as Ur with her cos U love her & want her, it's better to let her imagine sometimes & believe that it's cos of that superiority she has above the other girls that U 'can't do without her.'

Young girls/women usually idolize the thrills & excitement. Older women whose bodies have aged & eyes have opened cherish love.

If U love her selflessly, give her the full experience. Be her everyman & if she can't still appreciate your efforts, good riddance & don't look back. That's where looking at it as a job comes in handy,  U don't get attached as much as if U look at it as a pleasure ride in a fair world.
Re: One Man's Opinion - Men Should Treat Women Well Only Half The Time by MMM2(m): 1:41pm On May 22, 2011
yeah
Womanliness re only yours when dey re with u cos immediately dey leave u, is now anoda guys Womanliness.
Re: One Man's Opinion - Men Should Treat Women Well Only Half The Time by iice(f): 2:25am On May 23, 2011
Be yourself. Don't hide who you are from your partner.
All this calculation/formulas like say na chemistry lab.
Just because you're in a relationship doesn't mean you cannot be yourself. Yes, you make concessions and compromise but have a sense of self!
Re: One Man's Opinion - Men Should Treat Women Well Only Half The Time by sexyLeamon(f): 4:47am On May 23, 2011
I do not follow all my mother told me. Only an idiot blindly follow everything their parent tell them without questioning the motive behind the advice.
Re: One Man's Opinion - Men Should Treat Women Well Only Half The Time by Jackieugo(f): 5:01am On May 23, 2011
undecided angry
Re: One Man's Opinion - Men Should Treat Women Well Only Half The Time by Onchedu(m): 10:50am On May 23, 2011
Iice, at the end of the day, no one's real self is so irresistibly desirable. that's like telling marketers not to advertise, peacocks not to plume, male birds not to grow brightly coloured feathers in mating season & politicians not to campaign & then expect for all these to succeed in their ambitions.

Reality is boring or can be better appreciated by the more mature mind. A man should show all he can be & let the woman see she can have what she wants & what she needs with him.

By giving a woman the best of both worlds nested in love, affection & desire, a man helps her discover what she wants, what she needs & how to be content with a healthy dosage & balance in the relationship.
Most girls appreciate mystery cos it gives them something to do.

Even in marriage, being Urself can lead to a rot.
It is boring & tiring & should be reserved for when it can be tolerated or appreciated. Variety spices life. Best be everyone U can be with an understanding of seasons & your loved one will open up to show U which of U they best relate with in the ways that are healthy for the both of U.

Attraction is a powerful tool. A woman will be morecertain U are the one when she finds herself attracted to U, & more so when she feels other women find U attractive. Though it may just happen without ones effort sometimes, it takes effort to keep it happening from time to time the closer U get to each other.

I totally agree with U on having a sense of self, however I choose to differ on being urself. It is important that self is preserved amidst the drama so as not to loose oneself to any of the possible characters. be firm in character but flexible in personality when needed.
Re: One Man's Opinion - Men Should Treat Women Well Only Half The Time by iice(f): 3:11am On May 24, 2011
Onchedu, i do agree with what you said because that applies to majority of people.
True, reality can be boring but maybe i'm a matured mind. . .i prefer that.
When my bro he started dating his now wife, he never hid who he was because that's they way we are in my family. Too stressful to mask this and that or treat someone like an egg. . .you either take it or leave it. If you weather the bad, you'll also enjoy the good. It's a choice she made. I guess it all boils down to choices. Anyway i did say you can make compromises and concessions. I guess in a roundabout way, we are still talking about the same thing.
Re: One Man's Opinion - Men Should Treat Women Well Only Half The Time by HaveSense1(m): 3:29am On May 24, 2011
Some men and women are warped in the mind as a result of upbringing, past relationships, deeds or misdeeds etc. It's unfortunate, but some people are allowed to procreate and teach their children all the evils in the world.

My opinion would be to treat women well ALL the time. It can be boiled down to the most basic of sayings: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. You want respect? Give respect, but only to those deserving. You want kindness? Give kindness etc.

There are people that would take advantage of this, but that's where COMMON SENSE comes in. That boy has COMMON SENSE, because obviously he knows RIGHT from WRONG, and that it's WRONG to treat people unfairly.

That boy's father, however,
Re: One Man's Opinion - Men Should Treat Women Well Only Half The Time by Onchedu(m): 6:43am On May 24, 2011
iice, U are right, we just might be saying the same thing.

Havesense1, I don't know about U o, but I believe in reward & punishment. I will not reward bad behavior with good gifts, neither good behaviour with punishment.
I have no intentions of being positively affectionate to anyone ALL the time. My relationships will not be left at the mercy of whims.
Being good to someone doesn't always mean being pleasant.
when our mums would force bitter pills down our throats when we were sick, & our dads refuse to buy us the jeep we wanted for our 10th birthday, they were being good to us but it definately didn't look that way, did it?
Re: One Man's Opinion - Men Should Treat Women Well Only Half The Time by Insanity(m): 12:23pm On May 24, 2011
@onchendu n iice
Nice one guyz.
Re: One Man's Opinion - Men Should Treat Women Well Only Half The Time by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 29, 2015
for me I don't believe in treat a lady like this or like that or whatever,why should I treat her like a queen? just cos of the fact that she is a lady?! if she's a good lady then I will but if she ain't then I won't. mine is this, I treat people the way they act (or sometimes treat me) as a lover of natural science I also believe that for every action there is an equal reaction. i treat my girl like a queen cos she's lovely,sweet,adorable, kind and many more but if she acts like a bitc'"h, I will first let her know how I despise such behaviour (warn her cos I love her before I react ) but if she continues then bam!!! she gets the results of her actions.
call me an a'hole or whatever I don't give a shii, I treat people the way the treat me simple thou I'm a very loving, kind and caring person and by all means shower my loved ones with the best love and ways I can but I have a disease and the disease is that I'M ALLERGIC TO BULLSHII so if u act like a bitc( or whatever then I will treat u like one. peace

(1) (Reply)

Just After Your Wedding Your Partner Reveals That. . . / Are You A Stingy Guy Or A Maga? / Does Spending Money On Her Translate To Real Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.