Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings (40050 Views)

Chewing Gum: I Can Break Up With A Lady Because Of This. / Man Sends N50k To Lady Because She Replied His Twitter Message / Her Uncle Refused Me To Marry Her After Our Pre-wedding Photos Went Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by phemmyfour: 3:49pm On Sep 02, 2021
Citygal:
He marrying her doesn’t mean he would have to shoulder their responsibilities and there has to be an agreement to that.

He probably doesn’t love for real.

Yinmu....They always said that until after wedding. Before you know it, he ll be paying the sister in law's school fees, their mother house rent in the village with brother in-law already squatting with them

3 Likes

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by friendl: 3:56pm On Sep 02, 2021
That one no be excuse ,he no wan marry her before ,... everything depends on the lady ,

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by bepositive11: 3:59pm On Sep 02, 2021
pansophist:
For me, it is not about material (financial) brokenness but the mental one. Poor people have a predatory mindset developed over a sustained period of scarcity. Any sign of abundance (e.g, rich boyfriend) is seen as a fleeting resource to exploit, ransack and parasite from. Their personal responsibility will be projected to the other party and made to feel guilty if he refuses to accept such conditions in a relationship. Their family problem becomes yours to carry with pressure coming from different angles like sharp bullet forcing you to comply.

Poor people usually do not understand the concept of a mutual relationship, its all about what they will benefit only. Ultimately, the difference between the rich and the poor is their mindset. A rich person going for a broke woman is like throwing foods to hungry fish, you will be devoured. While the smart one realizes to leave poor people alone and let them date each other, seems they understand themselves better. Different mindset.

This is very very very true. Mindset is what separates the rich from the poor. So many people fail to understand this. And it's very easy to get influenced by the people you surround yourself with

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by uthlaw: 4:08pm On Sep 02, 2021
RightToReject:
Prosperity doesn't automatically follow the rule of all these too clever by half permutations. His life, and that of the lady's siblings, might equally change for good if he had married her - assuming that she possessed all of the other realistic things he needed in a companion. It's only people who haven't been at the forefront in the pursuit of real advancement or haven't seen people's economic fortunes turn from good to bad, and vice versa, that would always fail to see money and status beyond what they're.
na rubish you de talk!

2 Likes

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by uthlaw: 4:10pm On Sep 02, 2021
Yves4real:
That may be one of the "don't" in his pre-marriage checklist. His choice and I respect it. But the separation should be on a mutual agreement.
Imagine dude looking for a job in the nearest future and one of the lady's siblings is the CEO of the company. Everyone that applauded the man for his decision now will come out to preach forgiveness.
Future events could come as a surprise no matter how much you prepare for it.
In general, be careful of the way you slam/walk out of the door opened for you by others because you may need to pass through that door tomorrow.
Nollywood story na scam.... so because he no accept them,he will be sack and be looking for job under them!

2 Likes

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Julietuche(f): 4:10pm On Sep 02, 2021
Joseph Juliet
It is his cchoice
How many of you have heard about Supetrlife? The are the producers of stem cell which is a curative relief for Ulcer, fibroid, cancerous growth, Kindy challenged. You don't need to go for kidney dialysis simply reach me on uche8966@gmail.com for a solution to any kind of health rested ailment.
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by 27Pushing30: 4:11pm On Sep 02, 2021
Citygal:
He marrying her doesn’t mean he would have to shoulder their responsibilities and there has to be an agreement to that.

Please don’t kid yourself

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by pansophist(m): 4:15pm On Sep 02, 2021
Vickyvice:
one bottle of beer for your analysis

I prefer palmwine, or one olosho wey get big yansh. The darker, the better cool

10 Likes

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by UncleJudax(m): 4:28pm On Sep 02, 2021
RightToReject:

Direct your mention to small-minded people like you because my submission isn't for small-minded people. Now, scram.
Tah. big-minded person.
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by RightToReject(m): 4:33pm On Sep 02, 2021
uthlaw:
na rubish you de talk!

It's a known fact that the poor's biggest problem is the fellow poor - so it's not surprising seeing the display of you poor/wannabe-rich elements against your very own, the lady in the story.

Meanwhile, one of the biggest dummies ever sold to you elements is that financial success determines one's mindset - value system and ethical leanings in general do.

A platform like this is truly a true leveler. Now scram and direct your further mention to small-minded people like you.

4 Likes

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Bngf: 4:34pm On Sep 02, 2021
Best decisions

As a man you should understand that love alone is not enough

I have rejected many girls because of too many siblings, you will be burdened if you make such mistakes

I am also rejected many girls that are currently unemployed and not making any effort to earn money.

Guys be smart or get dealt with by these girls out there who want everything for nothing

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by okewumi: 4:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
okine4real:
This Morning my wife lamented that if she new, na two children she for stop. My Children go scatter house as you dey arrange am finish. Feeding them na die.. Sometimes i wonder if na suffer i come suffer for this life. Four children na die for Buhari ohh. My wife is even complaining, na me dey work ohh. Na me dey spend the money, so if person when nor be she dey work the money dey complain, then imagine me when come dey work the money. Any man when ready to hear, make him hear, in marriage a time comes when the pussy go tire you, even prick go tire the woman, what matters first is the money.....Money maketh marriage. imagine say, people dey send there children go school of 150k per term, and during Holidays, you send them to UK for chilling, but when you nor get money, na vex you go just dey vex, you go see as your wife FINE, but she go just dey irritate you because she be empty barrel. Alots of men are suffering inside marriage ohh, na you go pay rent, pay school fee, build house.... The truth is guys should stop dating the avail girls, the avail girls are not doing anything, they cant add nothing to your life, dey only have in-between there legs to offer. Date girls and marry girls that are not avail. Date girls that are working, or learning trade, even if she ugly marry her like that, you cant use because of your wife is fine, then you nor go pay children school fees. girls that are working would give you less stress in marriage because they can contribute. Date and marry girls that there parents had train them very well, not the once roaming the street and looking for whom to carry all there problems.
grin grin[color=#990000][/color]

Hmmmmmm
Leave them now, most never know anything.
Sometimes l wonder if we are still in the same Nigeria or we are in another planet. Food is very high, that school fees that seems cheap, you will pay thrice in a year, house rent is there, PHCN bill, etc and you think a lady or a man with many baggage will allow his or her family to be suffering because of you?
No wahala

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by omooba969(m): 4:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
friendl:
That one no be excuse ,he no wan marry her before ,... everything depends on the lady ,

I'm struggling to make sense of your comment.
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Klass99(f): 4:39pm On Sep 02, 2021
smiley
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Raalsalghul: 4:40pm On Sep 02, 2021
Smart and logical decision not driven by emotions.

2 Likes

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Raalsalghul: 4:40pm On Sep 02, 2021
Citygal:

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by elijahozzy(m): 4:42pm On Sep 02, 2021
RealSolution001:
What do you think? Right or wrong?

Uncle Charles 110 @AkwanCharles wrote: "My uncle refused to marry a lady because she has a lot of siblings with no dad and their income level wasn't that great. Sometimes love is not enough. He was just scared of savoring too many responsibilities and I agree with his decision."

It’s right because the Bible said love your neighbor has you love yourself, so he putting down is love for siblings that have no dad, is unconditional love. which is the highest love in history, and I know my God will bless your uncle up the point He’ll train them and God will give him an accommodative wife someone like him. He wants to sacrifice is Fatheree right for siblings that has no dad for is unborn kids n wife to be, that’s a uncle like Jesus, God bless his soul. He will be favored more than what he can handle and give birth to wonderful kids like Jesus with love and no hate. I love your uncle good man. Hug your uncle for no reason pls he needs it yes unconditional love ❤️ �
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Realmi: 4:44pm On Sep 02, 2021
Vinnie2000:

It's from our Terrible African Tradition/Culture..
A Pastor in my area said' As a Man, you should be sending your Mother-in-law something every Month Ending'..

I just SMH..
Right But also Ridiculous/Unbelievable.. sad
African Men are Trying oo!! embarassed sad
I send my regards to her every month
And I send cash SOME month
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by jules123(m): 4:46pm On Sep 02, 2021
Very correct Uncle Charles !!!! Especially in Nigeria where some family as turn marriages into business.
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Raalsalghul: 4:54pm On Sep 02, 2021
RightToReject:
Prosperity doesn't automatically follow the rule of all these too clever by half permutations. His life, and that of the lady's siblings, might equally change for good if he had married her - assuming that she possessed all of the other realistic things he needed in a companion. It's only people who haven't been at the forefront in the pursuit of real advancement or haven't seen people's economic fortunes turn from good to bad, and vice versa, that would always fail to see money and status beyond what they're.

I've always respected your views and opinions on Nairaland, but I'm a tad bit disappointed at the bold; to think people still believe that success is dependent on marriage partners is shocking.

Did you see the part where they mentioned the lady's siblings?
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Mypeople2(m): 4:55pm On Sep 02, 2021
Citygal:

He doesn't have a lot of money to spend .It is not all about love .Do you have money to give him when the responsibilities are becoming too much ?
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Raalsalghul: 4:59pm On Sep 02, 2021
Yves4real:
That may be one of the "don't" in his pre-marriage checklist. His choice and I respect it. But the separation should be on a mutual agreement.
Imagine dude looking for a job in the nearest future and one of the lady's siblings is the CEO of the company. Everyone that applauded the man for his decision now will come out to preach forgiveness.
In general, be careful of the way you slam/walk out of the door opened for you by others because you may need to pass through that door tomorrow.

Praise the uncle first, make him guilty second. Women!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

A lady will not think twice about dropping a broke guy like hot potato.

Sometimes, it's good to feel what you folks dish out as well.

3 Likes

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 02, 2021
grin grin grin
MufasaLion:

What would you have him do?

And please, people with your mentality should stop using God to manipulate people into making foolish decision. God is not stupid! Even Jesus wouldn't have gone into a marriage like that.

You expect couples to marry with hope of a miracle? Lol

Is that how it works? Joker!

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Raalsalghul: 5:04pm On Sep 02, 2021
pocohantas:
Nothing wrong in what the uncle did. It is just like marrying a first son with many younger siblings in the university. His father is diabetic and the mum has arthritis, so they need routine drugs. His two sisters that married ended up with broke men and would sometimes call for school fees.

Except you are ready to be their family enemy, [b]any sane lady should japa [/b]when she sees this setup.

I don't know if you're looking for cheap likes but please stop stating the obvious. Ladies have been japaing from broke guys since time immemorial. sad

If this is supposed to be your own version of sarcasm, then it's not working in this context. undecided

Come up with something else please. undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Raalsalghul: 5:07pm On Sep 02, 2021
BinamRex:
This is the opposite of what I'd do. I wouldn't ditch a lady because she is from a poor family and she has too many siblings. My business would always need an extra hand. I'll employ them in my businesses but they wont deal with money, just work work work work.

I won't give them free money. They must learn that there is dignity in labour.

Well, this is one way to go about it.

You be real capitalist. grin

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by pocohantas(f): 5:07pm On Sep 02, 2021
Raalsalghul:

I don't know if you're looking for cheap likes but please stop stating the obvious. Ladies have been japaing from broke guys since time immemorial. sad

If this is supposed to be your own version of sarcasm, then it's not working in this context. undecided

Come up with something else please. undecided

It is only online that poor Nigerian men are not getting women. In reality, the poor are marrying themselves and having more kids than they can cater for. Thereby recycling poverty.

You are the one to come up with something else. wink

2 Likes

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by DrDax: 5:15pm On Sep 02, 2021
Citygal:

Spoken like a child
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Drizzy5001(m): 5:16pm On Sep 02, 2021
Smart guy, the man made a very good decision, E be like say baba na the first son of the family cheesy imagine feeding a hungry woman and her siblings, may be 6 of them, you will pay your own house rent, shop rent, foodstuff, and also paying their school fees, accommodation fees, clothing, and all, when you are not their father, if reverse was the case the Woman won't even consider you sef, We never even talk about the kids wey the man go born, plus his own siblings responsibility too, and e sure me die say his wife's siblings go dey visit am steady grin grin abeg nothing beats "peace of mind" no go allow overthinking and Hbp kill you oh, in this harsh economy. . sad
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Ikwerelastborn: 5:18pm On Sep 02, 2021
TWLifestyle:
why do you people delude yourselves like this ? Majority of Nigerian families are two income households - but you people keep perpetuating this ridiculous lie that only men fend for the household
Did your mother not contribute anything in the household when you were growing up? You ppl can tell disgusting lies sha.
Using people's mothers for emotional blackmail, such an old and stale tactics cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Raalsalghul: 5:21pm On Sep 02, 2021
pocohantas:

It is only online that poor Nigerian men are not getting women. In reality, the poor are marrying themselves and having more kids than they can cater for. Thereby recycling poverty.

You are the one to come up with something else. wink

Believe it or not, there are still smart broke guys in real life who are not interested in perpetuating generational poverty.
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Ikwerelastborn: 5:21pm On Sep 02, 2021
pocohantas:
[s]Nothing wrong in what the uncle did. It is just like marrying a first son with many younger siblings in the university. His father is diabetic and the mum has arthritis, so they need routine drugs. His two sisters that married ended up with broke men and would sometimes call for school fees.

Except you are ready to be their family enemy, any sane lady should japa when she sees this setup[/s].
Consolation who dash u husband cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by bennyflipy(m): 5:22pm On Sep 02, 2021
Yves4real:
Una dey always think wetin dey happen for rubbish Nigerian movies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'Small Girl With A Big God' - Opinion / Man Tying The Headgear Of His Fiancee On Their Traditional Wedding Day / Funny Relationship Breakup Story You've Heard Or Did, Here's mine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.