Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! (79733 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 1:09am On Dec 13, 2011
coogar:

dayokanu is a charlatan. . . .

barely few days ago, he disputed this same topic with me that the stats i provided did not show mata is any better than silva/lampard.
now, he's using his goofs to beat you with a stick.
how spastic can dayo get on this thread, eh?

Which exact stats, Can you bring the exact argument out and lets see what you are talking about.

Making blanket statements wont help you in this situation.

pay no attention to him. you have been vindicated.
villas-boas' tactics are working. it's down to the players to take their chances and beat big teams.
nice to see sturridge was less selfish today. he played for the team tonight like he should have done in the games chelsea lost @ stamford bridge!

I have never argued with anyone on Villas Boas tactics.

My point has been made and I am vindicated

Torres is the cog in the wheel of progress.

Is it a coincidence that Torres has been stuck further into the bench and Chelsea is now performing better.

Torres is the same for Spain, Same for Chelsea.

USELESS player for both club and country.

Drogba in January would be going for the AFCON. How would the Shape keeper perform is the 50m Question
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 1:23am On Dec 13, 2011
coogar:

mata has shown he's the new midfield general.  telling me there's no competition from any of your midfielders is telling porkies.

against newcastle

mata: 37/38 pass completion( shocked shocked shocked shocked), 3 scoring attempts, 4 attempts created, 1 goal assist in 75 mins.
lamps: 28/37 pass completion, 2 scoring attempts, 1 attempt created, 0 assist in 61 minutes.

i accept mata played more minutes to have created more scoring attempts, etc but did you see that passing statistics?
is mata xavi in disguise? shocked shocked shocked shocked
---------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------
this season so far. . . . .

juan mata: 3 goals, 7 assists, 28 key passes, 485/564 pass completion, 869 minutes
frank lamps: 6 goals, 4 assists, 26 key passes, 629/745 pass completion, 1026 minutes
david silva: 4 goals, 8 assists, 33 key passes, 716/817 pass completion, 1095 minutes.

ibime, numbers don't lie. . . . . .there's a new midfield general in the land, he's called juan mata!
the much talked about silva and lampard are sheriffs! grin

dayokanu:

Based on this stats I wont call Mata the best?

Scorer/Assist point?

Even Pass completion doesnt show he is better than those you compared him to?

According to this stat you posted, On what basis statistically is Mata better than Lampard or Silva?

coogar:

he's scored or assisted more goals in less minutes than his counterparts, yes or no?
in spite of him being played out of position, mata scores/assists a goal per 86.9 mins.
the others do the same task after 90 mins.

for a player shifted in the wide position of the pitch, he is actually delivering more than what's humanly possible.
yesterday against the toon army, he clocked 37 accurate passes in 38 attempted. only xavi can match that.

like i said earlier, mata scores/assists a goal per 86.9 mins.
silva completes the same task in 91.25 mins
lampard completes the same task in 102.6 mins

mata delivers a key pass in every 31 mins
lamps delivers a key pass in every 39.5 mins
silva delivers a key pass in every 33 mins.

there's a new midfield general in town - juan mata!

dayokanu, i hope i have been able to cure your selective monthly amnesia. grin cheesy
you homoerotic nazi!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 2:09am On Dec 13, 2011
And what can we deduce from the posts you quoted ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by 195(f): 2:25am On Dec 13, 2011
dayo stop taunting torres angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 2:39am On Dec 13, 2011
dayokanu:

And what can we deduce from the posts you quoted ?

we can deduce that your reasoning is too vacuous to explain simple statistics.
you couldn't see mata has performed better than lampard and silva until i analysed his performance per minute.

and yet, you had the chutzpah to beat nateevs with the same stick when we all know dayokanu is intellectually sterile himself.

i will also address your spastic conclusion that torres should be benched.
hell no, torres shouldn't be benched. lampard should be benched. chelsea's midfield coped well tonight without lampard and any of the chelsea's strikers would have also have led the line effectively.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 8:58am On Dec 13, 2011
Ibime:

A victory for pragmatism over philosophy.
We have now seen the philosophy concede 5 goals against Arsenal at the Bridge whilst the pragmatic system trumps the Citeh machine.
Only Nateevs could try and spin this situation any other way.
Well done bros. Nateevs wants to take credit for the advice that we (tap me in  grin) have been giving AVB on the shape of his team all season.  grin
I wonder why he didn't start his sermon about "philosophy" again.

Anyway, how una see Meireles game today. Combative, neat in possession and always showing for the ball, unlike Ramires.

Hahaha. Sebi na you.
You thin I am spinning eh?
Go fetch the posts. You cannot claim to call for pragmatism more than anyone.

When I talked about philosophy, I explained how I "understood" what AVB was trying to do. . . I clearly stated that I did not "accept"
I even quoted my posts from pre-season of how expressed my fears of the "defensive high line".

I was not vile, dis-respectful and dismissive of the young manager as you were. Infact, more times than not for you, it was mockery.
Not you show up to claim glory.  grin grin As always!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 9:02am On Dec 13, 2011
Meanwhile Sky Sports are rating Yaya Toure 7 and Mata 6. undecided undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by medjai(m): 9:04am On Dec 13, 2011
coogar:

i guess we should wait but juan mata is setting the league ablaze.

this is also mata's debut season whilst silva struggled in his first season at city.
i would wait till chelsea visit city - if mata obliterates city's midfield again then it would no longer be a myth. . . .it would be a fact!
Silva created 73 chances in 2564 minutes in the league last season. 10th best chances/minute ratio. . . How on earth is that a struggle? He was one of the best performers in the league last season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by ritchboy(m): 9:36am On Dec 13, 2011
Mata = poor man's David Silva.

Meanwhile, before una label AVB the best thing since sliced akamu, note this was a game turned on it's head by Clichy's Clichyness.

Even with low-block "strategy" over medium-block "philosophy", 11 v 11, Citeh for still win handsomely grin grin tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 10:10am On Dec 13, 2011
nateevs:

Hahaha. Sebi na you.
You thin I am spinning eh?
Go fetch the posts. You cannot claim to call for pragmatism more than anyone.

When I talked about philosophy, I explained how I "understood" what AVB was trying to do. . . I clearly stated that I did not "accept"
I even quoted my posts from pre-season of how expressed my fears of the "defensive high line".

I was not vile, dis-respectful and dismissive of the young manager as you were. Infact, more times than not for you, it was mockery.
Not you show up to claim glory.  grin grin As always!

I dont show up to claim glory. Simply to recognise the fact that AVB has recognised after 3 months what I've always known as a Chelsea fan - that half-pressing game and counterattack is the way to go especially in big games. Why wont I call him names when he throws point away on silly "philosophy". You on the other hand refused to accept that system has changed, telling me that "Valencia were better ball keepers". Yet you'll be the first one to celebrate like you weren't abusing those of us who called for AVB to scrap his silly philosophy and return to what works for this set of players.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 1:30pm On Dec 13, 2011
Ibime:

I dont show up to claim glory. Simply to recognise the fact that AVB has recognised after 3 months what I've always known as a Chelsea fan - that half-pressing game and counterattack is the way to go especially in big games. Why wont I call him names when he throws point away on silly "philosophy". You on the other hand refused to accept that system has changed, telling me that "Valencia were better ball keepers". Yet you'll be the first one to celebrate like you weren't abusing those of us who called for AVB to scrap his silly philosophy and return to what works for this set of players.

No I did not abuse you calling him philosophy insufficient.
I only call you names when you resort to mockery as though it was a more effective to pass your point across. . . "Portuguese Kevin Keegan" for example.

For the umpteenth time, I never said AVB's approach was the best thing ever. . . I always maintained "I understood it" . . .
Other times I argued that he must have his way, his methods and ultimately his players if "his philosophy" must work.
I even told Debo that I wish he can defend deep, park the bus for all I care and win the big games, then resort to high line whatever in the easy games.

There's no need to twist issues for justification of position held.
Whether we defend deep or high, I just want us to win with a positive approach to football.

At least we all agree now that "AVB is not crap", he "knows what he is doing" and there is no need for "If not for the length of his contract, I would have asked for him to be sacked right away"
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 2:21pm On Dec 13, 2011
medjai:

Silva created 73 chances in 2564 minutes in the league last season. 10th best chances/minute ratio. . . How on earth is that a struggle? He was one of the best performers in the league last season.

10th? and he did not struggle?
can you kindly tell us mata's position in his debut season?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 2:58pm On Dec 13, 2011
coogar:

Is his debut season over? cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 3:03pm On Dec 13, 2011
debosky:

Is his debut season over? cheesy

not over but current rankings actually put him ahead of silva.
if he maintains his performance. . . .he would have eclipsed silva's performance by a million miles.

i like silva but i think mata is a better player.
some of his dribbling last night were world class.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 4:29pm On Dec 13, 2011
coogar:

we can deduce that your reasoning is too vacuous to explain simple statistics.
you couldn't see mata has performed better than lampard and silva until i analysed his performance per minute.

and yet, you had the chutzpah to beat nateevs with the same stick when we all know dayokanu is intellectually sterile himself.

i will also address your spastic conclusion that torres should be benched.
hell no, torres shouldn't be benched. lampard should be benched. chelsea's midfield coped well tonight without lampard and any of the chelsea's strikers would have also have led the line effectively.

Well Chelsea got back to winning ways the moment Torres was stuck on the bench,

Its soo obvious that for any team to perform well whether Spain or Chelsea, Torres must be benched
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 4:33pm On Dec 13, 2011
dayokanu:

Well Chelsea got back to winning ways the moment Torres was stuck on the bench,

Its soo obvious that for any team to perform well whether Spain or Chelsea, Torres must be benched

the moment lampard was benched. . .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by medjai(m): 4:37pm On Dec 13, 2011
coogar:

10th! Out of all the gazillion of midfielders in the PL. The likes of Lampard, Henderson, Downing, Wilshere, aren't even in the top 10.
What has this got to do with Mata's position? Are you saying Silva struggled or he struggled in comparison with Mata?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 4:39pm On Dec 13, 2011
coogar:

the moment lampard was benched. . .

Chelsea won vs Newcastle and lampard started.

the game yesterday was still tied until lampard came in.

Can we say the same about Torres?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 5:37pm On Dec 13, 2011
medjai:

10th! Out of all the gazillion of midfielders in the PL. The likes of Lampard, Henderson, Downing, Wilshere, aren't even in the top 10.
What has this got to do with Mata's position? Are you saying Silva struggled or he struggled in comparison with Mata?

silva struggled last season and he has also struggled in comparison with mata.

this is mata's debut and he's ripping this league apart.
in last night's game - he outplayed silva in leaps n bounds.

dayokanu:

Chelsea won vs Newcastle and lampard started.

the game yesterday was still tied until lampard came in.

Can we say the same about Torres?

of course, chelsea haven't won a game this season in which torres started(without lampard).
you expose yourself as a tool when you make pitiful comments like the above.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 5:43pm On Dec 13, 2011
The winning goal Lampard was involved from the beginning to the end.

The Pass to Sturridge that led to the foul and the penalty itself.

While Fernando was looking for people who would speak Spanish to him

Well Arsenal now has Henrys status in from of Emirates, Chelsea has Torres statue on the bench.

Let him keep the shape from there.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 5:48pm On Dec 13, 2011
dayokanu:

Well Arsenal now has Henrys status in from of Emirates, Chelsea has Torres statue on the bench.

Let him keep the shape from there.

which idiotic winning goal is that? lampard strolls for 10 mins and he copped a penalty and the victory is down to him?
conveniently forgetting the poof missed a penalty against newcastle?

i am sure lampard also played a part in the equaliser.
his spirit entered meireles.

you have dodged my question.
has torres scored for chelsea before in a game fat frank was missing? goals from open play - not awoof goals like scoring from 12 yards from a free shot on goal.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 6:02pm On Dec 13, 2011
Yes. lampard was strolling while he made the pass to Sturridge

AVB knows what to do when he needs result.

Stick Torres further into the bench
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 6:09pm On Dec 13, 2011
dayokanu:

Yes. lampard was strolling while he made the pass to Sturridge

AVB knows what to do when he needs result.

Stick Torres further into the bench

go and find somewhere else to troll. . . .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by codedguy1(m): 7:45pm On Dec 13, 2011
dayokanu:

Well Arsenal now has Henrys status in from of Emirates, [b]Chelsea has Torres statue on the bench.[/b]Let him keep the shape from there.

ha ha ha this is funny grin grin grin You are wicked!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by 195(f): 6:10am On Dec 14, 2011
Torres has infinite class and skill!! He is not a flop and liverpool's 2007-2009 season is evidence of this, not to mention his countless goals for spain including the winning goal in euro 2008. He was listed as the 3rd best football player in 2008 and has continued to break records all over the world. He will come back to his best but Chelsea's coach needs to give him a chance to prove himself, not leave him on the bench for 70 minutes of a game. AVB needs to realise that leaving him on the bench only hurts his confidence and in this is damaging to Torres and Chelsea. If Liverpool want him back, I would be more than happy to see him return, as would alot of Liverpool fans!!! Chelsea are taking him for granted and have simply not made use of him, which is a very big mistake!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 9:56am On Dec 14, 2011
Andres Villas Boas apologises for his Kevin Keeganness! grin grin grin

The rebirth of the Blues: Chelsea back on track after AVB admits he was wrong to change style

It was after watching his side suffer their fourth Barclays Premier League defeat of the season that Andre Villas-Boas conceded he might have got it wrong; that his desire to see Chelsea play a more aggressive, expansive style was probably asking too much of his players.

Week after week they were getting caught out, a team suddenly vulnerable in a way that we would not normally associate with a defence boasting the quality of John Terry, Ashley Cole and Petr Cech.

After losing 2-1 to Liverpool at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea's young manager called a meeting at the club's Cobham training ground. And it was during that meeting, Sportsmail understands, that he told his players he had made a mistake; that it was time to revert to a more familiar system and one that has now seen them win three successive Premier League encounters and qualify for the last 16 of the Champions League.

Villas-Boas's harshest critics will see that admission as a weakness - a sign of his immaturity and his inexperience in gambling so much in the first place. Some of those dissenting voices remain at the club.

But others, and there are senior players who stand among them, see it as a pragmatic move that deserves respect. Not only was he big enough to admit an error of judgment, but also he decided to make the necessary changes now bringing success.

At Stamford Bridge on Monday night those same players were acknowledging as much. They had just become the first team to beat Manchester City in the league this season and they had reduced the gap on the leaders to seven points when a defeat would have left them staring at a 13-point deficit that even Villas-Boas feared might be insurmountable.

The decision to defend deeper, switch to their more familiar 4-3-3 formation and shake things up in midfield did not pay off immediately, however.

A defeat against Bayer Leverkusen would come first, albeit in the absence of the injured Cole on a night when David Luiz was suffering with illness.

But the game against Wolves would be the first clear indication of what Villas-Boas had in mind, a midfield trio of Oriol Romeu, Ramires and Raul Meireles behind a front three of Didier Drogba, Juan Mata and Daniel Sturridge, a line-up he used again against Valencia and then against City on Monday night.

Against City they were initially defending higher up the field, and were punished as a result. Mario Balotelli scored after little more than 90 seconds and a penalty should have followed when Jose Bosingwa brought down David Silva.

But that was seen as Chelsea's eagerness to take the game to City, with their confidence restored by their previous two results, rather than a sudden return to a more ambitious approach that had proved so costly earlier in the season.

They responded by dropping significantly deeper, with no more than 15 yards between the back four and a midfield five. It wasn't pretty but it was not nearly as easy to penetrate either, Chelsea absorbing the pressure and hitting City on the break in a manner Jose Mourinho perfected in the Champions League at Inter Milan.

'It is the manager who decides,' said Mata after the 2-1 win over City. 'We just try to do whatever he wants us to do, depending on the opposition. We will press in some games and sit deeper in others, depending on whether the other team has the ball a lot. But this has given us confidence. Now that we are in a run of results where things are more positive, everything is easier. But we have shown that we are together with the manager, like a family.'

There is no doubt that Villas-Boas has got Chelsea back on track. Romeu has been a revelation in that libero role while Ramires and Meireles have the youth and athleticism to do the hard running alongside him.

If Lampard really is determined to see out the remaining 18 months of his contract, as he indicated after Monday's victory, he may have to get used to beginning each game as a spectator.

Up front too, there is a freshness about Chelsea. Mata has been superb, Sturridge is now impressing and with Drogba enjoying another good spell of they can at least afford to ignore Fernando Torres.

All together now: The Chelsea squad celebrate at the final whistle
The key now is building on this run of results, keeping up the momentum, easing the pressure on the manager and restoring a bit of calm at the club.

The atmosphere has been strained, and not just because the new manager seems intent on fighting so many public wars. The story about goal celebrations, while now the subject of claim and counter-claim, was a strange one, as was the appearance of Bruce Buck, the club chairman, at the last pre-match press conference. Buck usually attends post-match conferences at Stamford Bridge but his presence at Cobham pointed to a club in crisis mode.

Understandably, Roman Abramovich is desperate to see Villas-Boas succeed. Especially after sacking Carlo Ancelotti to bring him in. But the manager may still need to get the players on side and that will only happen if this run continues.

There will still be those who remain unconvinced, and one only has to look at that photograph of Torres - and listen to Lampard - to realise that issues remain.

But the newer, younger players might start buying into Villas-Boas if more success follows. The unity they showed in the huddle shortly after the final whistle on Monday suggested they are moving in the right direction. As did the togetherness displayed in the tunnel exchange between the two sets of players. Sparked, it is believed, by Ashley Cole when he declared, 'Have some of that you *****', it eventually descended into a trade of insults in a variety of languages but there is no doubt Chelsea's players stood as one against their opponents.

The Chelsea players' reactions illustrated a new unity, born out of an important call by the manager after that defeat by Liverpool.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2073805/Chelsea-track-Andre-Villas-Boas-admits-wrong-change-style.html#ixzz1gUtjgeuN
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 11:23am On Dec 14, 2011
I wonder how Ibime lives in the UK and believes everything the Daily Mail, The Sun, News Of the World say. Post anything as long as it supports my argument. This is lazy journalism at best. Put two and two together and arrive at the conclusion that at some point in history, AVB must have apologized for his error of judgement. That way you are not far from the truth.

In actual fact, you are far from the truth as you possibly can be. AVB admits he was wrong, but there are no quotes. Jeeez!
The same Newspaper telling us what AVB told his players in the dressing room. . . and AVB "instructed" his players to celebrate with him whenever they scored, like they were there and Ibime swallows hook, line and sinker.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 12:07pm On Dec 14, 2011
nateevs:

I wonder how Ibime lives in the UK and believes everything the Daily Mail, The Sun, News Of the World say. Post anything as long as it supports my argument. This is lazy journalism at best. Put two and two together and arrive at the conclusion that at some point in history, AVB must have apologized for his error of judgement. That way you are not far from the truth.

In actual fact, you are far from the truth as you possibly can be. AVB admits he was wrong, but there are no quotes. Jeeez!
The same Newspaper telling us what AVB told his players in the dressing room. . . and AVB "instructed" his players to celebrate with him whenever they scored, like they were there and Ibime swallows hook, line and sinker.

Are you saying Ibime is a phat, tabloid reading yob? grin cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 12:11pm On Dec 14, 2011
debosky:

Are you saying Ibime is a phat, tabloid reading yob? grin cheesy

Errrrrrrmmm! You are close! cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 12:59pm On Dec 14, 2011
nateevs:

ibime is a phat philandering phool. . . . .a first-class charlatan!
posting an article that neither discusses tactics or streams football intelligence. just an opinion of a drunken journalist. . . .no credible quotes from the players or villas-boas himself apologising for using tactics ibime thought was "wrong".

like i said on the other thread. the people who take what dailymail write as the gospel truth are tools who drive white vans and shag pr[i]o[/i]stitut[i]e[/i]s.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 14, 2011
Na wa ooo,coogar.u harsh ooo.pls take it easy on Ibime na,haba.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:11pm On Dec 14, 2011
yeeeaaahahhhhh!!+1
happy times are here again.

shey u pple have contracted CEECC to reconstruct the bridge shey grin grin grin grin
may it never last long ooo. amen cool cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2016/2017 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 0) On 11th August 2019 / Bayern Munich Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.