Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! (79701 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 2:34pm On May 23, 2011
Ancelotti should have been sacked in January if this was the plan all along. Why waste half a season when you knew you were going to fire him anyways?

Oh - because you also sacked his second in charge and had no Avram Grant who could come in and hold fort till the end of the season. By the way, you appointed a coach (Emenalo) he never wanted to work with. Yet the blame is on Ancelotti.

Meddling from above eroded Carlo’s authority and his ability to turn things around at Chelski. You don’t go from double winning to rubbish in a year. While Chelski’s form was poor, winning the league with 80 points showed the league overall was poorer at the top this season.

First hire a new coach, sell off a number of ageing/unwanted players and then try to ‘rebuild’ all in the same summer? One step too far I think. . . .the results will be interesting to see no doubt.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by mithel(m): 5:00pm On May 23, 2011
I never jubilated at this man's
appointment,infact its since the
beginning of the season that i
have been hoping he gets
sacked.when he first came,he
was talking about a diamond
formation,which was his first
F9.it didnt work and chelsea had
a blip for some weeks cos he
was looking for anoda
formation.and dat was his first
season.he won a double even
with everything but still showed
he doesnt av anytin mighty to
offer as he was brushed away by
mourinho.chelsea didnt really
complain abt dat match probably
cos they knew he didnt stand a
chance against a tactical pro lyk
mourinho.This season,he was so
poor that it got to a stage that i
could predict his formations and
substitution.if me a mere fan can
know his tactics,den wat is he
dere for.(dis particular one is
constant k tactic:If chelsea is
playin n tins go awfully wrong in
d first half,we alredy know mikel
is goin off n if drogba was
playing before,he wud cme off
too.source,mancity h & away,first
season)
and to now kill it off.he decided
to ignore emenalo thruout.(he
doesnt know dat nigerians sabi
coach ni Wink )
And as for me,its goodbye to
average rubbish.i dnt want
rjikaad or dat porto manager,i
have a feeling that they would
turn out to be like scolari.IF IT IS
NT MOURINHO,THEN IT SHOULD BE
HIDDINK AND NO ONE ELSE!!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by switch47(m): 10:32pm On May 23, 2011
Ibime:

Can the OP change his thread title to simply "Official Chelsea fan thread". The current title is quite unprofessional.

And also can the OP write a short intro "This is the thread for NL Chelsea fans. . . bla bla bla" and not start with his biased views? This starts the thread off on the wrong note. The discussion on Lamps, Anelka, Bosingwa, Ferreira can start on the second post, but not on the thread title as not all of us agree with t[b]he OP's myopic view[/b] that Lamps and Anelka especially are problems at Chelsea, and there may even be some who disagree with the OP's opinion on Bosingwa and Ferreira. In the interest of[b] democracy[/b], can we have a professional intro to this thread, rather than allow the OP hijack the thread and colour the intro with his 'non-universal' views?

confusion from the very start un professional?? yeee!! so you guys are professional fans. the Op is a mod and did you say he hijacked the thread?? all this your Terrorist language sef. Characteristics of a highly disapponted & depressed football fan. [/b]chelsea fans no go kill person sha[b]. myopic thread starter ?? grin grin kai see wetin chelsea misfortune dey cause their followers. na wa!! the team will go from bad to worse next season so brace your selves for a more miserable season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by usbcable(m): 10:36am On May 24, 2011
debosky:

Ancelotti should have been sacked in January if this was the plan all along. Why waste half a season when you knew you were going to fire him anyways?

Oh - because you also sacked his second in charge and had no Avram Grant who could come in and hold fort till the end of the season. By the way, you appointed a coach (Emenalo) he never wanted to work with. Yet the blame is on Ancelotti.

Meddling from above eroded Carlo’s authority and his ability to turn things around at Chelski. You don’t go from double winning to rubbish in a year. While Chelski’s form was poor, winning the league with 80 points showed the league overall was poorer at the top this season.

First hire a new coach, sell off a number of ageing/unwanted players and then try to ‘rebuild’ all in the same summer? One step too far I think. . . .the results will be interesting to see no doubt.

sacking a coach mid season is suicidal
IMHO
and what now becomes of our former super eagles player emenalo?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 6:03pm On May 24, 2011
usbcable:

sacking a coach mid season is suicidal
IMHO

I thought any Madrid fan would know that sacking John Toshack mid season(November 1999) brought good fortunes to Madrid.

Liverpool sacking Roy Hodgson was the best decision made this season

Bayern sacking Louis Van Gaal and klinsmann mid season were perfect decisions then
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 6:25pm On May 24, 2011
Sacking Scolari mid season, turned out to be a good decision even though I didn't support it then.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 12:37am On May 25, 2011
Somehow, i feel bad for CA.
I still can't believe he is the same double winning manager.
The guy had serious issues in picking his squad and making subs.

So what next?
It either has to be Mourinho or Hiddink.
Anything short of this and we will be going round in circles.

But sha, what does the Roman empire really want?
Maybe we shoud get a manager who will win the CL and lead us to 16th in the league.
Channel all our focus on the CL only while neglecting the other competitions.

Anyhow sha, let"s keep our fingers crossed.
Hiring Rijkard or any other mediocre will be a joke.

PS:
I agree that the title of this thread should simply read, Chelsea Fan Thread.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 12:43am On May 25, 2011

Ermm. . .physician heal thyself. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by chelseabmw(m): 12:57pm On May 25, 2011
Ibime:

Does the Chelsea Fan Page on Facebook have "Bosingwa, Ferreira and Anelka are rubbish" written as its introduction? I can assure you there are Portuguese Chelsea fans who may not agree with your views on Ferreira and Bosingwa. Fans may slate Bosingwa and Ferreira, but the Chelsea Facebook fan page certainly doesnt read "Chelsea Fan Page - We hate Ferreira". And you cannot go on ChelseaFC website and type the nonsense you typed about Lamps without being attacked.

My point is, you have appointed yourself the thread starter. Just start the thread in a professional way, and any personal views you hold about players can come after you have started the thread normally. Why should you hijack the intro of the thread to discuss your personal matter? Guy, just respect yourself o, a mod shouldnt be acting like a tout. Open the thread for guys to discuss, then you can bring in your views later. No turn Chelsea Fan thread into GEJ debate on NTA where one man just hijack the whole process.

Customer Service grin grin grin. . . . . . . . We are one so two head is always better than one. . .I have modified the post
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by usbcable(m): 3:26pm On May 25, 2011
dayokanu:

I thought any Madrid fan would know that sacking John Toshack mid season(November 1999) brought good fortunes to Madrid.

Liverpool sacking Roy Hodgson was the best decision made this season

Bayern sacking Louis Van Gaal and klinsmann mid season were perfect decisions then

o.k then,

the reasonable thing to do in mid-season is to sack any sub-performing or non performing coach.

does ^^^^ sound like a better approach.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 4:00pm On May 25, 2011
chelseabmw:

Customer Service grin grin grin. . . . . . . . We are one so two head is always better than one. . .I have modified the post

Correct man. . . although you suppose leave space here - Thread:Better tongue

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Better Things To Come Next Season
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 4:28pm On May 25, 2011
Well after stories that we are certain to land Neymar, Lukaku and Van Der Weil, Aguero said yesterday that he wants to leave Atletico Madrid. Ian McGarry is now reporting that Chelsea bid is imminent and there are reports that we are favourites to land him.

After following for a few days, it appears as though Van Basten is favourite for the Chelsea gaffer job. The bookies have slashed the odds on Van Basten becoming the next boss.

Ian Mcgarry is confident that Roman wants Van Basten with Hiddink as a sort of technical overseer. He also believes that Chelsea are after 5 targets this summer (A RB, 3 Strikers and a creative midfielder) and Roman is prepared to spend up to 150m.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by tayoast(m): 5:28pm On May 25, 2011
^^ u work for Chelski?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 25, 2011
Customer Service . . . . . . . . We are one so two head is always better than one. . .I have modified the

Modify it further.
Blues for life sounds local. tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by chelseabmw(m): 10:42pm On May 25, 2011
Ibime:

Correct man. . . although you suppose leave space here - Thread:Better tongue

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Better Things To Come Next Season

You are never satisfied grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by chelseabmw(m): 10:44pm On May 25, 2011
BlueDiva:

Modify it further.
Blues for life sounds local. tongue

I also thought of it.So what should it be changed to this time?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 25, 2011
Aguero said yesterday that he wants to leave Atletico Madrid. Ian McGarry is now reporting that Chelsea bid is imminent and there are reports that we are favourites to land him

Are we now a dumping ground?
We don"t need Aguero, please!!!

I also thought of it.So what should it be changed to this time?

It"s okay, just take away the "Blues for life"
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by chelseabmw(m): 10:48pm On May 25, 2011
This Is Open to the house. . . .What do you think should be the subject of this thread?

Suggestions will be highly appreciated
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 12:30am On May 26, 2011
3 strikers on top of £50m Torres? Another maga don pay season is opening up. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by tayoast(m): 1:51am On May 26, 2011
chelseabmw:

This Is Open to the house. . . .What do you think should be the subject of this thread?

Suggestions will be highly appreciated

Keep it simple.

Official Chelsea Fan Thread don do
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 10:51am On May 26, 2011
debosky:

3 strikers on top of £50m Torres? Another maga don pay season is opening up. cheesy

Naah! It's not a just a buying process, it's a rebuilding process. If the rumours are to be believed, the oldest of the players we are bringing in is Van Der Weil at 23. All others we are currently being linked with, Lukaku, Neymar, De Bryune, Aguero, Willian are all younger than 23. See it that way and you will understand it is a strategic process rather than the historical Chelsea purchases.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 10:53am On May 26, 2011
BlueDiva:

Are we now a dumping ground?
We don"t need Aguero, please!!!

It"s okay, just take away the "Blues for life"

How do you mean buying Aguero is akin to accepting rubbish?

And thanks for that "Blues for life" thing.
I can't stand it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 12:35pm On May 26, 2011
nateevs:

Naah! It's not a just a buying process, it's a rebuilding process. If the rumours are to be believed, the oldest of the players we are bringing in is Van Der Weil at 23. All others we are currently being linked with, Lukaku, Neymar, De Bryune, Aguero, Willian are all younger than 23. See it that way and you will understand it is a strategic process rather than the historical Chelsea purchases.

There's nothing strategic about chaos.

All I see is a scattergun approach especially with regard to overload of strikers.

This is a transfer approach informed not by any manager or even Director of football, but conceived and executed in the minds of two men, Ron Gourlay and Abramovic, who have no clue about football or how players should gel together.

Not only that, but its an expensive and tardy approach.

I expect Chelsea to be looking at players like Sergio Canales, Ever Banega and Borja Valero, supremely talented midfield players whose market price is currently depressed.

I woulda liked to see Nuri Sahin, Anthony Annan jostling for the DM position.

I woulda liked to see the likes of Sammy Inkoom bought in as a cheap but worthy deputy to Ivanovic at RB.

I woulda liked to see free transfer options like Fraser Forster or Thomas Kuczcak bought as no2 goalie, not the expensive chase of Asmir Begovic just to put him on the bench.

I woulda liked to see my long time favourites Gervinho and Hazard targetted for the wings, with Ashley Young available at £12-£15m max due to contract expiry - a player who is my kind of winger - direct, straight to the point and produces results!!!

I woulda liked to see DD kept and the likes of Lukaku, Sturridge and/or Diego Costa shadowing. . . . not the expensive and formation-destabilising duo of Torres and Aguero. However brilliant Aguero is, signing him on top of Torres is an overkill that will leave us short in midfield.

Finally, I dont believe in Neymar. He's the kind of negro that will take two years to settle in Europe at least, plus he reminds me too much of Robinho.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 5:40pm On May 26, 2011
usbcable:

o.k then,

the reasonable thing to do in mid-season is to sack any sub-performing or non performing coach.

does ^^^^ sound like a better approach.

Yes oo

Sack any underperforming coach at any time
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 5:42pm On May 26, 2011
OK. I knew it was only a matter of time we disagree of transfer policies.

Because it's expensive does not mean it is tardy and not strategic. It just depends on how you see it.
How do you know the manager has not ratified the decisions to buy? There's nothing to back that up.
While I agree Roman likes to have an ample input into whatever happens at the club, it is totally wrong to suggest they only, have decided these transfers with consulting Hiddink, assuming Hiddink is the next manager.

You cannot conclude that Chelse are not looking at cheaper options. I can't find a link now but I remember Arnesen talking about Borja Valero and Chelsea's interest. Recently I remember being linked with Ricardo Montolivo and Nuri Sahin; I even reported on a story on here where Emenalo went to Eastern Europe to watch 3 players whose total value may not have come to more than 20m. Christian Eriksen being touted as one of the next best things in Europe now had a trial with Chelsea about 2 years ago if I am right. It didn't work out.

My point is there is nothing to suggest that the board has not been looking at these players you have mentioned. Their respective clubs may be holding out for too much because it's Chelsea involved. Chelsea have a scouting network of 20 people after sacking 17 last year. Are all these guys just earning for nothing? No! They have an input. Yes Roman has tendencies to override their suggestions but at least we are looking at them.

Having said that, there is nothing to suggest that those players you have mentioned will work. We have gone for very cheap options in the past that haven't worked.

Talking about strategy, Drogba, Essien, Mikel will all be leaving in Jan for the ACN and the year after. If you approve of Inkoom and Gervinho and Anaan joining Chelsea, how many squad players do we lose? What's to say the Club haven't seen these players and have decided not to buy any more African players? If true, that's strategic.

Hazard is not cheap.

I also do not understand what you mean by "formation-destabilizing" ? You already know what formation we will play even before we employ a manager?

While I am big fan of Aguero, I am quite sure the club won't be buying Neymar, Aguero and Lukaku in one season. With Torres, Sturridge still in the team and Drogba rumoured to be getting one more year's contract, it won't happen. What I think will happen is Neymar, will come in and walk into the team playing from LF(assuming he settles), Torres will start in the middle and Sturridge will play from RF. Drogba will be relegated to plan B to switch things and rough 'em up when a change is needed.
All this is assuming we stick to a 4-3-3.

Lukaku and De Bryune will be bought and sent on loan. Anelka and Kalou, Bosingwa, Ferriera and Zhirkov will leave.

Lamps will become Plan B or moved deeper into midfield. A creative midfielder will come in.

One of Van Aanholt or Betrand will step up to deputise for Ashley at LB. VDW will be RB and Ivanovic can step in to shore things up if we want to defend well.

Kakuta will be sent on loan for a season. McEachran will slug it out in team A. Nothing will change in midfield except the new dude and Josh!.

For me this is very strategic. Building for the future it seems. Maybe a tad expensive but that doesn't remove the motive. Infact, the only place where I see an overkill is at CB and we will unsettle some players.

All I have said are suggestions based on the rumours I have heard.

Last thing. Sorry Ibime, Neymar is not Robinho!.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 9:15pm On May 26, 2011
@ Nateevs,

I'm mobile, so lemme summarise quickly.

Firstly, by signing Annan, Inkoom and Gervinho, I am of course not expecting to keep the other Africans except DD.

Aguero plus Torres is formation destabilising cos it forces you to play 4-4-2, besides none of em can drop deep and link play, meaning the whole team will be lightweight.

Thirdly, of all the targets mentioned, I haven't seen any wingers mentioned. A manager knows where players are needed. 20 scouts could recommend 20 brilliant players, but they may all be strikers. Too many cooks spoil the broth if there's no one to streamline transfer policy, hence Chelseas transfer policy is CHAOTIC and has always been that way since the signing of Sheva in 2006. There's never any hope for the future at Chelsea, just a disjointed team.

Thirdly, Lamps doesn't need to drop deep, although he can. A wiser coach would drop a posession midfielder deep and allow Lamps to continue output further up. There's not many possession midfielders with good output. The deeper lying Modric, Alonso, Valero, Banega type players is the current blueprint for possession ballers. The only nucca I would sacrifice Lamps output for on the market right now is Mario Goetze.

Finally, I hope you remember the hype around Robinho was greater than Neymar even, especially after Robinho beat a player with 12 stepovers in the Libertadores final of 2003 when Santos won it. Sorry to say but everything about Neymar reminds me of Robinho. Too soft to play as a central striker, too lazy to play as a winger, too many skills based on stepovers. I think he can thrive in a team that will carry him, maybe in Spain, but he won't succeed in the Prem! And how come only Chelsea is interested in him? You don't buy an effeminate nukka like him straight from Brazil for £35m. Let him go to Portugal or Holland and toughen up first.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 26, 2011
How do you mean buying Aguero is akin to accepting rubbish?

Didn"t say Aguero is rubbish.

If we buy him, it will be for a pricey sum. For a team that has already spent a fortune on an underperforming striker, that will be foolish.

What we need now are talented, "cheap" players, not some fancy name underperformers. We"ve made the mistake once, twice will be a disaster.

Chelsea FC is not a dumping ground for overpriced, overrrated players. Chicharito, VDV and Osaze didn"t cost an arm and a leg, but they lit up the EPL last season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 4:53pm On May 27, 2011
Spurs would let Harry Redknapp speak to Chelsea - Spurs
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by ritchboy(m): 6:37pm On May 27, 2011
Aguero plus Torres is formation destabilising cos it forces you to play 4-4-2, besides none of em can drop deep and link play

Aguero can't drop deep and link play?

Another dirty bomb from the stables of Ibime! grin grin

I agree with everything else.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by dayokanu(m): 6:42pm On May 27, 2011
Ibime:

Spurs would let Harry Redknapp speak to Chelsea - Spurs

YEBARIBA SANBORIBOBO
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 8:09pm On May 27, 2011
Ritchboy,

Stop being a pedantic eediot. He can't drop deep and link play as a fulltime job while Torres waits on the last man, contributing nothing.

He can maybe share the link-up role part time as he does with Forlan, but even that is inadequate as both of them upfront leave the Atletico midfield and defence light and notoriously porous.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by ritchboy(m): 8:20am On May 28, 2011
^^ Sharrap! Aguero can drop deep, simples. Kun is more than capable of playing as an SS. Which one be as a fulltime job? If he's deep fulltime isn't that more of an AM role(451) than the SS role(442) you mooted?

Rooney's despoiling of Chelsea has really struck a chord in your cerebrum! grin grin

Aguero is no Rooney but he can play that role, though maybe not as deep as Rooney has played at times since the Hernandez era.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2016/2017 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 0) On 11th August 2019 / Bayern Munich Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.