Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group (3278 Views)

Traditional Wedding Of Igbo Man And Chinese Lady (More Photos) / Pre-wedding Pictures Of Igbo Bride And Her Oyinbo Husband-to-be / Beautiful Traditional Marriage Photos Of Igbo Couple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by CALEB1590(m): 7:13am On Sep 19, 2021
i have seen many girls wishing not to be married to an Ngwa man, even when they want to, their family will always object strongly. Please my peeps can we just throw more light on this.... Please mods promise Land won't be a bad idea let us learn a thing or two and work to eradicating tribalism in our country.
Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by lilvicky68(m): 7:24am On Sep 19, 2021
I think you know the answer..
Anyways you can also ask those girls..
No be from me you go hear say okro dey draw..

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by GuyWise(m): 7:29am On Sep 19, 2021
CALEB1590:
i have seen many girls wishing not to be married to an Ngwa man, even when they want to, their family will always object strongly. Please my peeps can we just throw more light on this.... Please mods promise Land won't be a bad idea let us learn a thing or two and work to eradicating tribalism in our country.
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

If you are Igbo then this is not the right place to ask this type of question, you should locate an Igbo Facebook group and there you will get your answers.

But if I am to answer you as Ngwa guy I think those things were in the past and it is always so among Igbo clans where onye Mbaise will not marry someone from another clan and where onye Ngwa will not like to marry from another clan and where onye Nnewi will not like to marry from another clan and where onye Awka will not like to marry from another clan.

These events happened in the 90s and early 2000s but it's fast changing as I now have a brother who married a woman from Njikoka in Anambra and also a cousin who married an Mbaise man and they are all living happily.1

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by ItsGoodToBeGood: 7:32am On Sep 19, 2021
Aba Ngwa!
Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by brosom(m): 7:42am On Sep 19, 2021
Duda I don't know,

Shit gotta to do with history.

Shitt..!!
Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by advanceDNA: 7:53am On Sep 19, 2021
CALEB1590:

Cannibalismmmmmmmmm
Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by cutecommend: 8:05am On Sep 19, 2021
advanceDNA:

Cannibalismmmmmmmmm
WHY IS IT THAT MANY COUNTRIES AVOID NIGERIANS in some way(s)? Go and clean up yourself before talking about NGWA

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by advanceDNA: 8:07am On Sep 19, 2021
cutecommend:
WHY IS IT THAT MANY COUNTRIES AVOID NIGERIANS in some way(s)? Go and clean up yourself before talking about NGWA

No one is claimimg to be pure...that doesn't change the fact that ngwa is known for cannibalism....

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 19, 2021
Why is this common among igbo people. It is either they tell you their forefathers were outcasts ( osu ) or it is forbidden to marry from that community. Na only una

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by Ekejoestar(m): 9:11am On Sep 19, 2021
Ha n'eri anu mmadu
Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by dogmax(m): 9:19am On Sep 19, 2021
Because Suya or assorted beef.
Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by Quinns: 9:31am On Sep 19, 2021
I'm from Ngwa and this is the first time I'm getting to hear such, y'all still liviin the past. cheesy grin grin
It's the personality that matters

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by Quinns: 9:33am On Sep 19, 2021
Young King those groups are biased, he's better off without them biko.

GuyWise:

Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

If you are Igbo then this is not the right place to ask this type of question, you should locate an Igbo Facebook group and there you will get your answers.

But if I am to answer you as Ngwa guy I think those things were in the past and it is always so among Igbo clans where onye Mbaise will not marry someone from another clan and where onye Ngwa will not like to marry from another clan and where onye Nnewi will not like to marry from another clan and where onye Awka will not like to marry from another clan.

These events happened in the 90s and early 2000s but it's fast changing as I now have a brother who married a woman from Njikoka in Anambra and also a cousin who married an Mbaise man and they are all living happily.1

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by ifytrik(m): 9:37am On Sep 19, 2021
Well as a igbo guy born and brougth up in igbo land i can tell that igbos naturally doesn't fancy the idea of getting married to someone that is not from their clan, infact if you marry somebody from a fifferent state some of the locals will say you married another tribe, it's comon among the igbos but i will definetly nnot engage in such foolish act, i will not marry outside igboland but i will marry from any state within the southeast including delta igbo
Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by Bluezy13(m): 9:59am On Sep 19, 2021
I grew up in Aba.
If the descendants of two brothers staying a stone throw apart could still be at loggerheads with each other over who wrongly took the head of a cow during their forefathers' funeral; then ethnic marital inferiority is a child's play.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by Deelaw(m): 10:12am On Sep 19, 2021
CALEB1590:

And you think the best place to get your answer is asking the world?
Did u just wake up today and said to yourself "Hey, i need to be a little mischievous today, which ethnicity should i start from"....SMH
Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by EzegeNdiigbo: 10:17am On Sep 19, 2021
Ngwa is a village known to be well-mannerd when it comes to tradition and custom,they value they tradition and custom more than any SH!T..Like during the time for masqurade a pregnant woman can't come and sit down say she watch masqurade.she may either deliver a live he-goat or she-goat if they don't do the needfull(they call it "isacha ala")And that's a whole lotta money ya know!!

So this is making our ladies to avoid that land, i don't blame them because not everyone can keep up to that tradition of their's....

...Talkin' out of exprience

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by Chibuezem(m): 10:22am On Sep 19, 2021
dannyrhymes600:
Why is this common among igbo people. It is either they tell you their forefathers were outcasts ( osu ) or it is forbidden to marry from that community. Na only una
shut up jare
Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by CALEB1590(m): 10:23am On Sep 19, 2021
I asked for you thought on the issue and not an advice on where to seek for answers.
Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by McStoic(m): 10:29am On Sep 19, 2021
CALEB1590:

I just finished commenting some couple of minutes ago, on a post about Mbaise folks.

Education is the best leisure you can give the mind in particular and your whole being in general.. People who always believe and speak evil of tribes who they have never encountered first hand are social liabilities..

The fact is that there are bad and good people everywhere, Ngwa people inclusive. So, let's stop all these needless comparisons..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by Upjis: 10:40am On Sep 19, 2021
CALEB1590:

Ngwa people and envy ,juju ,bleaching ,reselling lands , kidnapping are like five and six

Foolish people

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by NiklauseFred(m): 11:35am On Sep 19, 2021
Upjis:

Ngwa people and envy ,juju ,bleaching ,reselling lands , kidnapping are like five and six

Foolish people

Ur head correct so?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by StrongInBed: 11:45am On Sep 19, 2021
I'm proudly ngwa,a sister clan with ikwere abala...we kill and eat..no Nigerian military ever make it alive in our area.. very proud and wicked soul.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 19, 2021
Op, this table you're shaking, can you bear it when the parts begin to fly everywhere?

They know themselves and why girls are scared of them. Leave the girls to make their choice based on their beliefs and faith.

Abi you be girl?
Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by CALEB1590(m): 12:18pm On Sep 19, 2021
Mercychen:
Op, this table you're shaking, can you bear it when the parts begin to fly everywhere?

They know themselves and why girls are scared of them. Leave the girls to make their choice based on their beliefs and faith.

Abi you be girl?
i am ngwa too, so i want to know why it is so in this 21st century because i just heard, i have never seen us eating human meat.
Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by Pegi23(f): 1:13pm On Sep 19, 2021
I heard you guys are like dwarf and primitive and also part akwaibom..pls is it true no insults oo
Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 19, 2021
CALEB1590:
i am ngwa too, so i want to know why it is so in this 21st century because i just heard, i have never seen us eating human meat.

How about asking your parents? They should be in a better position to tell you.

Me I've never seen anyone eating human being talk more ngwa. I've not been there either. So I can't say. But those who have been there, and experienced one or two things will tell you better.
Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by Upjis: 2:21pm On Sep 19, 2021
NiklauseFred:

Ur head correct so?

Yeah it is

You know am saying the truth

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by NiklauseFred(m): 5:42pm On Sep 19, 2021
Upjis:

Yeah it is

You know am saying the truth

Where are you from?
Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by Upjis: 7:20pm On Sep 19, 2021
NiklauseFred:

Where are you from?

Why do you want to know

The truth is bitter
Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by NiklauseFred(m): 7:31pm On Sep 19, 2021
Upjis:

Why do you want to know

The truth is bitter

Go get psychological care man
You need it..
Re: Why Is It That Most Families Avoid Ngwa People Of Igbo Ethnic Group by Privatepart00: 8:12pm On Sep 19, 2021
They Eat Human Beings Not From Their Tribe , I Have Heard Stories About Them,even Outsiders Hardly Travel There For Social Events. Ask Your Parents To Tell You The Truth Just Like The Ugep People In Cross River State.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Omoh...the Gamble Dn Hard Ooh / Couple Divorces After Online Affair With Each Other / Beyoncé: Hoe, Sit Down Edition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.