Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,484 members, 7,836,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (886934 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Teflon1: 10:42am On Aug 14, 2014
yapyap: What alternative do one have if he lost his original waec result?

Do u have a statement of waec result from your secondary school &/or masterlist (containing all ur grades along with those of students that wrote d exam with u)? Then present a waec scratch card.

U could try this if d time frame to replace it may take u too long...just a suggestion, not from experience though.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 14, 2014
geemana:
@ebele17 I am sorry I called you bros.your name reminded me of our president so I could only think of a man. the issue is these private landlords dont reply of which I don't know why.Catholic halls are full.Student Union Halls,no space.I just tire. I will try the Facebook option.thanks a lot.how is Munich.please what is Bavaria known for?

Beer na!!!Are u asking again? The largest beer festival, Oktoberfest is held there from 21 sep to 6 oct. U will drink beer and eat sausage tire! Lol!

Check this link. It shows available houses in Freising and Munich too

https://www.wg-gesucht.de/wohnungen-in-Freising-Innenstadt.4606758.html

Www.wg-gesucht.de
Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 11:29am On Aug 14, 2014
Eke40seven:
Need I say more? Thou art....oops! sorry, if you had problems comprehending my words. Never knew it was gonna be such a brainteaser for an English student!
Howbeit, Brother, variety is the spice of life, and creativity is the cook. Am sure we have had some fun while still learning invaluable lessons and a lot of people would agree with that assertion. We are gonna be facing much more difficult posers than this in our German academic texts.
Nevertheless, for the good of all, I submit to bust the gravity defying billows of ancient words which had been my mortal soul and exorcise my tongues from the medieval spirits that had possessed it.
Henceforth, I shall possess the tongue of a modern day wordsmith in the light of my perceived emancipation.
At this juncture, I bid you good luck!

I like your choosing, using and combination of words. You are an orator in your own kingdom. Keep it up and see sky be your starting point. Shalom

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by expresschamber: 12:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
phucado:
Guy from my observations and inquiries, the city no too sure if you wan be hustler. By the way, it depends on the course. Dem gimme admission too.

Ok, are you preparing already becos my interview is slated for september and I want to knw the course you were offered.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 1:13pm On Aug 14, 2014
ebele17:

Beer na!!!Are u asking again? The largest beer festival, Oktoberfest is held there from 21 sep to 6 oct. U will drink beer and eat sausage tire! Lol!
LOL
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 1:18pm On Aug 14, 2014
ebele17:

I can't help but laught at your response.
There is a phrase that goes thus: "Good beer and machines, Bavaria's gift to the world..." and also heard that "..German sausages (Bavarian particularly) are the Würst.." (pun intended)
To add more, Bavaria, Munich particularly are known for:
BMW: Bavarian Motor Works or the Nigerian version Be My Wife
Football (Bavaria generally): popular Bayern München; and less TSV 1860 München; Spvgg Gruther Fürth; FC Nuremberg; FC Augsburg. and look out for their noisy drunk ultras
Transportation: ICE trains and Autobahns (express roads without speed limits) aircrafts.
Language: Other Germans think they have a throat disease because of the way they speak, wish you good luck understanding their dialect. and don't be surprised if they speak better English than you because its one of the compulsory courses in their schools and don't forget English is a Germanic Language and therefore very similar in structure.
Behaviour: humourless, direct, methodic, cold, and reluctant to talk to you and always minding their business and are considered arrogant and will even look down at their fellow German siblings. Apart from the occasional piercing look which can bore a hole in you they have no problem; They are punctual (lateness is frowned upon and can be considered insulting!): They are efficient, thorough and hard working and proud of their roots. They love them catholic church and conservatism.
Physical Appearance: Tall, fair haired (dark is very common too) and eye colour can range from gray to brown.(blond and blue eyes is a northern thing, e.g Hamburg). The women in some parts are considered masculine in structure by many Europeans but them dey OK sha, especially in Munich.
Economy: With their neighbouring Baden Württemberg in the West, they have one of the strongest economy in Germany, they produce everything from chemicals to optical and precision instruments; standard of living high but cost of living is relatively high too compared to Berlin. Don't just think of the big companies, the Mittlesland ( SMEs) are as important too.
and oh! Don't forget to buy your German friends a Dirndl and lederhosen when attending Oktoberfest and while you at it grab a sauerkraut and Würst so you won't drink on empty stomach. and oops! don't go calling them 'Bavarians', win them over by calling them Bayern.
P:S some of these descriptions may not apply to all/ everybody.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by damilola15: 1:20pm On Aug 14, 2014
Does Deutsche Bank have any application form online, I mean apart from the downloaded one?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by terryo1: 2:36pm On Aug 14, 2014
Teflon1: Hello people, I have finally received my invitation to come along with my passport & 3 month travel health insurance package. I would like to thank u all for generously dishing out helpful info. overtime!

I would like to ask if the 'date of travel' i stated on my visa application form must correspond with the one i am expected to state on my 3 month travel health insurance? i am currently not in Lagos and may not be returning soon (i.e after my stated 'date of travel') i would want to shift d travel date sha!

hope no consequences?

Congrats bro. Please how long after ur interview were u contacted? All the best
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2014
ebele17:

Check this link. It shows available houses in Freising and Munich too

https://www.wg-gesucht.de/wohnungen-in-Freising-Innenstadt.4606758.html

Www.wg-gesucht.de
@ebele17 thank you for the information.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 3:49pm On Aug 14, 2014
Eke40seven:
I can't help but laught at your response.
There is a phrase that goes thus: "Good beer and machines, Bavaria's gift to the world..." and also heard that "..German sausages (Bavarian particularly) are the Würst.." (pun intended)
To add more, Bavaria, Munich particularly are known for:
BMW: Bavarian Motor Works or the Nigerian version Be My Wife
Football (Bavaria generally): popular Bayern München; and less TSV 1860 München; Spvgg Gruther Fürth; FC Nuremberg; FC Augsburg. and look out for their noisy drunk ultras
Transportation: ICE trains and Autobahns (express roads without speed limits) aircrafts.
Language: Other Germans think they have a throat disease because of the way they speak, wish you good luck understanding their dialect. and don't be surprised if they speak better English than you because its one of the compulsory courses in their schools and don't forget English is a Germanic Language and therefore very similar in structure.
Behaviour: humourless, direct, methodic, cold, and reluctant to talk to you and always minding their business and are considered arrogant and will even look down at their fellow German siblings. Apart from the occasional piercing look which can bore a hole in you they have no problem; They are punctual (lateness is frowned upon and can be considered insulting!): They are efficient, thorough and hard working and proud of their roots. They love them catholic church and conservatism.
Physical Appearance: Tall, fair haired (dark is very common too) and eye colour can range from gray to brown.(blond and blue eyes is a northern thing, e.g Hamburg). The women in some parts are considered masculine in structure by many Europeans but them dey OK sha, especially in Munich.
Economy: With their neighbouring Baden Württemberg in the West, they have one of the strongest economy in Germany, they produce everything from chemicals to optical and precision instruments; standard of living high but cost of living is relatively high too compared to Berlin. Don't just think of the big companies, the Mittlesland ( SMEs) are as important too.
and oh! Don't forget to buy your German friends a Dirndl and lederhosen when attending Oktoberfest and while you at it grab a sauerkraut and Würst so you won't drink on empty stomach. and oops! don't go calling them 'Bavarians', win them over by calling them Bayern.
P:S some of these descriptions may not apply to all/ everybody.
@ Eke40seven Lol..thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nedu09(m): 4:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
Eke40seven:
I observe and muse that thou art of a sacred lineage since thou art called 'Holyboss', a name with a form divine and thy question draweth us back to the days of yore, thus, my olde-worlde language.
Behold, happiness shall be thine, if thou hearken unto the counsel which I shall give thee. Write it upon that holy heart of thine I pray thee.
Since thou hast 1.5m in thy account, let patience be thy forte now, for thou shalt need N2m when thou goest for German admission which thou hast been found unworthy as I speak unto thee. Prove thyself worthy by getting thyself an admission into a University in Nigeria, (NOUN is good) for thou canst get it more speedily. Tarry thee a year that thou mightest obtain a year transcript, then proceed to seek a German admission OR
2. Enroll thyself into Geothe institute, to learn German B1 level in one year and seek thee an admission into a student college or Abitur in Germany then proceed into a university there.
3. check Mexico, Malaysia (cheap but thou canst not work legally with thy student visa, Ukraine (cheap but poor), check Norway and Finland (no tuition but needest thou N1.8-2m in a blocked account)
4. Portugal doth offer good courses at good tuition but hath high financial requirement for visa and it hath a poor economy as I write upon this thread.
I pray that thou findest this useful.
I bid thee good luck!
@Eke40seven: that's interesting. But my prob now is that NOUN dnt offer mechanical engineering course. I was even contemplating whether to go for physics but would i use physics to apply for mechanical engineering course at Rhein waal university? Secondly if i purchase HND form now would two semesters qualify me or do i have to complete the 2yrs before Good to go? What do u fink?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by holyboss: 5:09pm On Aug 14, 2014
Nedu09: @Eke40seven: that's interesting. But my prob now is that NOUN dnt offer mechanical engineering course. I was even contemplating whether to go for physics but would i use physics to apply for mechanical engineering course at Rhein waal university? Secondly if i purchase HND form now would two semesters qualify me or do i have to complete the 2yrs before Good to go? What do u fink?
Bro if dey don't recognise OND I doubt if dey can accept to b completed HND..

Pls do ur home work well before u go for that. Infact I suggest u contact the school to b sure and don't make ur decision with only what u get on NL since we guyz here r not d school management..

Dt just my one cent advice smiley

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Teflon1: 5:46pm On Aug 14, 2014
terryo1:

Congrats bro. Please how long after ur interview were u contacted? All the best

I did my interview 25 July & was contacted 13 August. So 2 weeks & 5 days.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nedu09(m): 6:01pm On Aug 14, 2014
Guys help me out!. But my prob now is that NOUN dnt offer Mechanical Engineering course. I was even contemplating whether to go for physics course at NOUN but would i use physics to apply for mechanical engineering course at Rhein waal university or any university normally?

Secondly if i purchase HND form now would two semesters qualify me or do i have to complete the 2yrs before Good to go? What do u guys fink? Somebody once said something like that but couldn't get it....
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 6:03pm On Aug 14, 2014
Nedu09: @Eke40seven: that's interesting. But my prob now is that NOUN dnt offer mechanical engineering course. I was even contemplating whether to go for physics but would i use physics to apply for mechanical engineering course at Rhein waal university? Secondly if i purchase HND form now would two semesters qualify me or do i have to complete the 2yrs before Good to go? What do u fink?
@Holyboss Thou art a humorous lad and of good cheer (sorry for using archaic language, I couldn't help myself)
Nedu09 am not sure they will accept an uncompleted HND degree (what is now the use when its incomplete). Just as the 'holy' one commented, is better you contact the school.
However, here is my humble opinion/suggestion:
I think when assessing your suitability for a course, they consider the subjects you have taken, thus, the request for your transcripts. I don't really know whether they accept physics for Mechanical Engineering or not, the school should be in the best position to see whether the courses you passed in your undergraduate qualifies you.
Alternatively, the best and safest option for you is to take other courses in NOUN which are obviously very similar to what is available in Rhine Waal.
For instance, NOUN offers Computer and Mathematics (combined), communications Technology, and computer science. These courses should be able to qualify you for courses like Mechatronics System Eng. (or something like that), Science communications, Electronics or even the mechanical Eng. Also, I think you are at liberty to choose more than two courses in Rhine Waal and at least one of them should accept you with any of those NOUN courses listed above.
I hope you get more contributions from others and hope you find this helpful.
I bid thee good luck!

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nimakor: 6:15pm On Aug 14, 2014
damilola15: Does Deutsche Bank have any application form online, I mean apart from the downloaded one?
? Wie bitte?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nedu09(m): 6:45pm On Aug 14, 2014
Eke40seven:
@Holyboss Thou art a humorous lad and of good cheer (sorry for using archaic language, I couldn't help myself)
Nedu09 am not sure they will accept an uncompleted HND degree (what is now the use when its incomplete). Just as the 'holy' one commented, is better you contact the school.
However, here is my humble opinion/suggestion:
I think when assessing your suitability for a course, they consider the subjects you have taken, thus, the request for your transcripts. I don't really know whether they accept physics for Mechanical Engineering or not, the school should be in the best position to see whether the courses you passed in your undergraduate qualifies you.
Alternatively, the best and safest option for you is to take other courses in NOUN which are obviously very similar to what is available in Rhine Waal.
For instance, NOUN offers Computer and Mathematics (combined), communications Technology, and computer science. These courses should be able to qualify you for courses like Mechatronics System Eng. (or something like that), Science communications, Electronics or even the mechanical Eng. Also, I think you are at liberty to choose more than two courses in Rhine Waal and at least one of them should accept you with any of those NOUN courses listed above.
I hope you get more contributions from others and hope you find this helpful.
I bid thee good luck!
no be small thing my brother! Thanks though,
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 9:14pm On Aug 14, 2014
Where is ferdimako?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 9:18pm On Aug 14, 2014
@holyboss and probably nedu09, i think stumbled upon something that my interest your inpatient mien. Here on nairaland I stumbled upon the Portuguese thread and a guy there is doing a marvelous job at informing people with keen/like interests and the thread have been gathering momentum. I confirmed his claims and am sure as there is a head on my shoulder that they are true. Here is my submission after weighing and assessing the Portuguese option:
PROS:
1.They accept O level and OND
2. You may gain admission without a Portuguese language qualification as you can get that whilst studying.
3. The tuition fee can be as low as €1k(for schools that have not increased their fees) to €3k5 (for those who recently increased theirs)
4. Your sponsor can be from Nigeria, all you need do is to get a letter from friends or relative with sufficient amount in their account and you are home and dry. Therefore, the burden of providing a certain amount in a blocked account in a foreign land or seeking a sponsor therein is unnecessary.
5. Its a Schengen country, so you have the legal right to enter 25 EU countries including Germany to visit us without restraints.
6. You can explore for courses taught in English if the phobia for learning new language overwhelms you.
6. You can pay your tuition in 10 installments!
7. They've got some hot chicks (oops! sorry thou art
holy and shan't engage strange women for their lips drip honey which shall make thee unclean and thy consecrated fountain defile)
8. Their schools are good and internationally accepted
9. You are saved the burden of going for interviews, all you need do is submit relevant documents to the embassy for visa.

CONS:
1.You will have to set aside €1k-3k5 every session for tuition alone unlike the situation in Germany
2. Their unemployment rate is as high as approximately 14.6% this very minute and underemployment even worse (Germany is 5.10%) but the country is better than Nigeria by far, since recession/depression is the default state of our economy.
3. You may not meet up with this winter admission since it takes 3 months for visa to be processed under their system.

Now dash down quickly to the Portuguese thread on the travel session to read and make enquiries if necessary.
Hope you find it helpful.
Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by holyboss: 9:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
Eke40seven: @holyboss and probably nedu09, i think stumbled upon something that my interest your inpatient mien. Here on nairaland I stumbled upon the Portuguese thread and a guy there is doing a marvelous job at informing people with keen/like interests and the thread have been gathering momentum. I confirmed his claims and am sure as there is a head on my shoulder that they are true. Here is my submission after weighing and assessing the Portuguese option:
PROS:
2. You may gain admission without a Portuguese language qualification as you can get that whilst studying.
3. The tuition fee can be as low as €1k(for schools that have not increased their fees) to €3k5 (for those who recently increased theirs)
4. Your sponsor can be from Nigeria, all you need do is to get a letter from friends or relative with sufficient amount in their account and you are home and dry. Therefore, the burden of providing a certain amount in a blocked account in a foreign land or seeking a sponsor therein is unnecessary.
5. Its a Schengen country, so you have the legal right to enter 25 EU countries including Germany to visit us without restraints.
6. You can explore for courses taught in English if the phobia for learning new language overwhelms you.
holy and shan't engage strange women for their lips drip honey which shall make thee unclean and thy consecrated fountain defile)
9. You are saved the burden of going for interviews, all you need do is submit relevant documents to the embassy for visa.

CONS:
1.You will have to set aside €1k-3k5 every session for tuition alone unlike the situation in Germany
2. Their unemployment rate is as high as approximately 14.6% this very minute and underemployment even worse (Germany is 5.10%) but the country is better than Nigeria by far, since recession/depression is the default state of our economy.
3. You may not meet up with this winter admission since it takes 3 months for visa to be processed under their system.

Now dash down quickly to the Portuguese thread on the travel session to read and make enquiries if necessary.
Good luck.

Aiit thanks bro #thumbsUp

That pro no 7 is so On point tho tongue
Re: German Embassy And Visa by phucado: 10:22pm On Aug 14, 2014
Anyone who applied to trier?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by busky101(m): 10:44pm On Aug 14, 2014
Eke40seven: @holyboss and probably nedu09, i think stumbled upon something that my interest your inpatient mien. Here on nairaland I stumbled upon the Portuguese thread and a guy there is doing a marvelous job at informing people with keen/like interests and the thread have been gathering momentum. I confirmed his claims and am sure as there is a head on my shoulder that they are true. Here is my submission after weighing and assessing the Portuguese option:
PROS:

CONS:

Good luck.

pls sir, can i work in germany while doing a preparatory course. And what is my chance of getting admission for it.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Moscodeman: 12:24am On Aug 15, 2014
Pls admin,my uncle in germany wants to send me an invitation,the problem is that i dnt have money in my acct for the past 3months and cant afford to lodge money now that d invitation is about to enta,i'm married with two kids.but i want to make him my sponsor,what are my chances of getin a visa?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 12:46am On Aug 15, 2014
busky101: pls sir, can i work in germany while doing a preparatory course. And what is my chance of getting admission for it.
The scanty nature of your information and the mythical roadmap to your adventurous mission leaves my thoughts in a blurry cloud of utter confusion.
Pre study To what end? First the duration for actual prestudy will usually not last up to a year and chances are limited. pre-studies as far as I know is concerned or tailored towards preparing students who are considered for admission in the school offering it. The high cost of others are vertigo inducing and your proficiency in German may be required. I wouldn't know what your educational qualifications/status is now. Am assuming you only have an O'level. If your answer is in the affirmative then I will urge you to take up a NOUN form or work towards gaining admission in other University then after a year you can apply with your transcript if you consider Germany an option.
I will advice you to settle down, relegate all worries to the background, weigh your options and plan wisely and carefully.
Note that am not an expert in this field, it will be wise to direct your question to all so you can get opinion more speedily from other members of the house. At least you have started well.
Hope you find this useful and I hope you get contributions from other members of the house.
Good luck!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 1:26am On Aug 15, 2014
Good morning people,how are you all doing?
please you guys should help a brother ooo,since i applied to rhein-waal july 7,still never get any response from them and school starts nextweek and my 1.8m is intact.just waiting to get the letter so I can proceed to the embassy stage! Patiently keeping my fingers crossed!

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Belly213: 3:03am On Aug 15, 2014
Na wa oooooooo, I am seriously expecting mine, I applied since 8th of August ooooo, hope dey sha....Rhine Waal
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Moscodeman: 6:41am On Aug 15, 2014
Gudmorning my people,Pls admin,my uncle in germany wants to send me an invitation,the problem is that i dnt have money in my acct for the past 3months and cant afford to lodge money now that d invitation is about to enta,i'm married with two kids.but i want to make him my sponsor,what are my chances of getin a visa?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 6:41am On Aug 15, 2014
Belly213:

Na wa oooooooo, I am seriously expecting mine, I applied since 8th of August ooooo, hope dey sha....Rhine Waal
Mine was july7
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damilola15: 9:28am On Aug 15, 2014
Nimakor:
? Wie bitte?
Referring to the bolded statement.

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Moscodeman: 10:04am On Aug 15, 2014
Pls admin,my uncle in germany wants to send me an invitation,the problem is that i dnt have money in my acct for the past 3months and cant afford to lodge money now that d invitation is about to enta,i'm married with two kids.but i want to make him my sponsor,what are my chances of getin a visa?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nimakor: 10:35am On Aug 15, 2014
Moscodeman: Pls admin,my uncle in germany wants to send me an invitation,the problem is that i dnt have money in my acct for the past 3months and cant afford to lodge money now that d invitation is about to enta,i'm married with two kids.but i want to make him my sponsor,what are my chances of getin a visa?
Invitation for what? Sponsor for what? Your request is very vague.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Ndyoo(m): 10:42am On Aug 15, 2014
Moscodeman: Pls admin,my uncle in germany wants to send me an invitation,the problem is that i dnt have money in my acct for the past 3months and cant afford to lodge money now that d invitation is about to enta,i'm married with two kids.but i want to make him my sponsor,what are my chances of getin a visa?

For the invitation letter to work, you have to proof that you have strong ties here in Nigeria. Business, plots of land, company...the list is endless. Something to show you're not going to abscond at the end of the day. And your documents will have to even proof what he's inviting you to do in Germany whether tourism or business. I will advise you to check their website for the list of the required documents or Go and check the travel section, list of required documents for a visa. An invitation letter is not a letter of sponsor, you will still need to proof to them that you can still take care of you and your family if you're going with them. And for an account with no money in it for the past 3 months is a red light for you alone or you with your family. And if the statement of account shows that money was transfered so urgent in it, it will be declared money lodgement. The blunt truth is that your chances are in the minimal...

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (481)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.