Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,612 members, 7,820,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (885457 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 12:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
@dolpaz, sorry for the mistaken identity. Corrections have been made. The blessings still remain yours.

@Gsentme, The information that thou seek is on the German website.
Nevertheless, here are the requirements according to the German Missions in Nigeria (2014)
"Please note that the application will only be accepted when it is complete, i. e. when all the required documents are attached. Should there be documents missing the application will be rejected and the applicant has to apply afresh for a new appointment
Checklist for visa applications for the following purposes:
• business travelers
• importers of used cars, spare parts, electronic goods etc.
• visitors for conferences, courses, trainings and cultural events
• trade fair visitors
Every applicant is asked to provide one set of application documents. This set has to contain the following mandatory documents (original + one copy of each document) in this order:
• valid passport + color copy of its data page – only E-Passports can be accepted, no observations or renewals allowed
• for non-Nigerian nationals residing in Nigeria: copy of Nigerian residence permit
• 2 passport photos according to biometric specifications, one attached to application form and one loose (both identical photos)
• Schengen visa application form plus questionnaire “§54 (6) AufenthG”
• travel health insurance
• flight reservation or copy of flight ticket including return flight
• confirmed hotel booking or proof of any other accommodation in Germany, no booking through a hotel booking portal is accepted
• color copy of all previous Schengen visas if applicable
• typed and signed sheet with the following information: name, d.o.b., place o.b., passport number, telephone number, email, postal address, contact in Germany (name and address)
• original invitation letter:
– for business travelers: invitation from a company in Germany (not older than 3 months)
– for persons negotiating, purchasing and shipping goods in/from Germany (e.g. spare part dealers): invitation from a company in Germany (not older than 3 months), including a copy of the German company's „Certificate of registration/ Incorporation“, (German: Handelsregisterauszug/ Gewerbeanmeldung). The “Certificate of Registration/ Incorporation“ should not be older than 6 months.
– for visitors of conferences, courses, trainings and cultural events: invitation for the respective purpose
– for trade fair visitors: invitation for the trade fair or entry ticket
• Certificate of Incorporation/Registration of the company in Nigeria
• Memorandum and Articles of Association / Company and Allied Matters Act
• Federal Inland Revenue Service Income Tax Clearance Certificate/Company Income Tax Clearance Certificate of the past year
• personal bank statements of the last three months (only stamped and signed bank statements accepted)
• company´s bank statements of the last three months (only stamped and signed bank statements accepted)
• letter of introduction from employer
• pay slips of the last three months
• evidence of business in Nigeria and also of former and current transactions in Nigeria and/or abroad (e. g. bills of lading, receipts, contracts)
• Marriage Certificate (issued by the marriage registry) or, if traditionally married only, „affidavit of facts“ plus wedding pictures (not for frequent travelers)
• NPC Birth Certificate/s of minor children even if they are not traveling
Additional requirements for exporters of precious stones:
• license to possess or purchase minerals
• exporter´s registration certificate
• export clearance certificate
• Certificate of Entry into the Mining Industry (only if applicable)
All documents must be valid at the time of application.
If applicant is a minor:
• child´s NPC Birth Certificate
• letter of school confirming current enrolment and sanctioning leave of absence
• consent letter from both parents regarding child´s travel
• copy of parents` passports
• if one parent is deceased: Death Certificate
• if parents are divorced: Court Order regarding child´s custody
Supplementary information or evidence may be requested in each individual case.
Please note: You MUST submit the appropriate fee together with your application!"
SOURCE
German Missions in Nigeria (2014) "Checklist for Business Visa". Retrieved from:
http://m.nigeria.diplo.de/contentblob/3811522/Daten/3518209/checklist_business_visa.pdf [Accessed on 31/08/2014]
Sorry am a bit on the old school side.
Hope you find it useful.
Good luck!

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Ndyoo(m): 1:03pm On Aug 31, 2014
emeka55:

That seems a little confusing. If u are a student in Germany or u are employed and you earn below 4,000€ a month then it is compulsory you take up public insurance (GKV) though your employer pays half and u pay half from your salary. If you earn above 4, 500€ or so per month then u have the option of choosing a private insurance known as PKV.
All students take public insurance.
Why the age issue is confusing is that some Germans who are unemployed go to take private insurance where they can pay cheaper like 35€ a month and then the company says u have to be 30 and above for the offer.
Some students register with these insurance companies online and pay 20-35€ a month but the thing is when u are sick or have health issues and u go with your card to a hospital they will tell u your insurance can afford u only panadol. So what's the point?
Public insurance is the best and for students. U pay up to 80€ a month and enjoy the benefits. There are some companies like AOK, TK etc but doctors say TK is the best.

Thankyou for the Information...I appreciate
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 1:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
Weldone Eke40seven..
Keep up the good job
Regards !
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 1:28pm On Aug 31, 2014
And can anybody access this site on any Nigerian IP : www.fh-kiel.de
please signify !
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 31, 2014
ebele17: Guys ooo, i don return!!!!!
Gist dey oooo!!!
Got to the embassy this morning around 6:30. That fair guy wey dey for gate wan try frustrate me. I told him that he is a joker. If the devil sent him, he should tell d devil that he didnt see me. The guy even said he will send me away, can u imagine? Mtewwww!!! After everythin, i got in and i met two cool people @Vivien and @kelechi if u guys are hear, let us hear ur experience. They went before me.
I got to the counter by d gate, counter 5, the VO na one german woman wey una dey refer to as chinese. She no be chinese ooo.

She took my documents, original, stamped my possport after she flipped thru it. I have one active american and anoda active german visa. I also have a german visa and indian visa that i have used before. She checked my sponsor ship letter, she asked me who d person was, i told her my brother-in-law. She asked me if my sister was married to a german, i told her yes. She said my visa fee, i gave it to her, she printed recipt and gave me. She now said i should pick up the phone so dat the interview can start.
She asked me why my program, i told her that my whole study and work experience has developed me for this level and dat i am going for the course because of the unique nature of the program, what i will learn, the research area and so many other things. I talk tire o. She asked what my bsc was, i told her. She asked what materials i submitted for d admission, i told her. I forgot to tell her i did video interview too as an admission requirement. She picked up my first letter that they used to notify me of admission, she read it more than 5 times, this is wat d letter says:

Dear Ms. Maduekwe,
Freising, 07-25-2014
Thank you for participating in the interview as part of the second phase of the application pro- cess for our unique international Master’s program in Life Science Economics and Policy at the TUM – an internationally leading university of excellence.
We follow a rigorous process of assessing applicants’ aptitude and suitability for our program. We carefully considered your academic record and extra-curricular activities, combined with the motivation and interest for doing our program which you showed in the interview.
We are very pleased to invite you to join our Master’s program. You will be receiving an official letter of admission from TUM’s Admissions Center in due course. We look forward to welcom- ing you to the TUM family and working with you in your academic endeavors.
Yours Sincerely

Professor Johannes Sauer, Program Leader

Mr. Richard Smart, Program Coordinator

Mr. Philipp Schautschick, Advisor to the Program

She read it more than 5 times, no be joke. Maybe she could believe i got a preliminary admission letter signed by d chair himself and this one no be admission letter ooo! She still see the formal admission letter join that one sef.
She asked me where my school is located? I told her munich, she said 'are u sure?' I told her that my school is in munich but my campus is in weihenstephan, freising. She said ok. She asked me which school i graduated from, i told her. She asked what i have been doing till now, i told her from my nysc in nafdac to work in a pharmaceutical firm in VI to my work with WAEC now. She asked if i still worked with them, i told her yess. She asked me to give her a breakdown of my program ie d individual courses for each semester, i gave it to her, course by course semester 1, 2 and 3, 4. She asked where i will be staying. I told her munich with my sister, she asked if my sister has a house or apartment, i told her house. She asked if they can support me financially, i told her yes. She asked what they do, i told her that my sister works for sharp and her husband works for allianz SE. I even had to give her like mini lecture on their jobs. She asked me to tell her about d town i am going to. I told her that munich is one of d biggest cities in germany, has abt 36 UNESCO world heritage sites( germany oo), is home to Oktoberfest, the football club Bayern Munich, Max Planck research institute, the best in europe, my school is the best school in germany and 2nd best in d whole of europe, she now said i should tell her abt germany in general. I told her that germany has a federal Parliament made up of Bundestag and Bundesrat, the chancellor is angela merkel,home to world class researchers and inventors like Einstein, Planck, e.t.c, had its final unification of the Eastern and western bloc in 1990, has experienced 2 world wars......... At this point, she now said i should stop. I dunno if she was afraid dat i go mention Hitler join d thing. Lolzzzz!!!!!. She asked me what i will do with the degree, i told her that i will come back to use it in naija (story, if they see my brake light sef). She asked in which area, i told her govt. She asked what i have done to prepare for my trip, i told her that i have been learning german and speaking with my program coordinator on research areas. She now said " du schribt german gut?" I now replied " ich schribe german gut nicht" lol!!!!!!. I talk say na wa oooo!!!

So, she then said thank u and that i will receive a mail later and that i should follow the instructions there. Na so, i tell am thank u ooo. My interview pass one hr sef. I stand sotee my hand and leg start to dey pain me. Lol!!!!.
Another TUM Newbee.. Welcome to Freising... We go full here small by winter.. Coincidentally.. I also work as a Graduate assistant in your department .. Prof. Sauer na my oga grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 31, 2014
seunstein: Lol...Sincerely,I don't know how I am going to survive the accommodation wahala in Munchen.About the 2 Euro sir,I am a JJC o.Pardon my errors.Will keep disturbing u and also Ebele17 until I pull through.Thanks.
Accomodation is hell is munchen especially during the Oktoberfest period starting in 3 weeks time... Your best bet is a youth hostel which is currently over priced or stay in Freising at Cardinal Dofner's Haus.. Its abit cheaper.. Start making plans for other alternatives now.. I have classmates who came last winter and had to stay in a guest house/hotel all through the semester.. So so expensive
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 31, 2014
emeka55:

Lol save your statement of purpose for the V.O.... 2/2 is not a problem. If u had the right grades on the relevant courses to your Master course then u are good to go. A 2/2 not below 3:00 is good enough perhaps
Oga I sight you from afar
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
[quote author=Eke40seven]Good morning everybody, the interview continues
@emeka55, is back! One with one of the most anticipated comments on the thread. God bless ya brother. Before we start, please, can you tell us what region in Germany you are schooling or state if you may.
Your comments are more than enlightening and here are further questions.

6. In your opinion, do you think a hard working Nigerian student with a particular result can maintain his/her academic performance in Germany with the same efforts? A scale will be appreciated, I know time is not the only or the best measure of hard work but For instance,
A spends 6 hours of study everyday in Nigeria, GPA=4
". ". ". ". ". ". ". in Germany GPA=
[b]Of course yes,He/she can maintain same if not higher academic performance in Germany.. In Nigeria, you struggle to get everything relating to your study. In Germany, all is provided for free at the expense of German tax payers.... Before I got to Germany I only read about HPLC,MS,IR, Gas chromatography etc in test book and out dated journals.. I have 24/7 access to it here in the laboratory.. Even on weekends, my School ID card opens the door for me, no security to challenge me.. The only challenge here is, you have to take extra time to read and watch youtube videos on how all these machines work and how to use them..
In addition, its not just exams alone that counts to final result, some courses have modules and divided into presentation, class participation, lab work and exams.. There is access to internet 24/7, For students of TUM, even in some popular locations in the city, there's wireless connection for Students.. So,if you put in the effort you used in Naija universities.. Sky is the limit[/b]

7. Like in any society, there are distractions or factors that reduces performance, what are the major culprits in Germany for an unenlightened Nigerian JJC
?
Hehehehehe.. Loads of distractions... But I can only speak from the region where I live(Bavaria).. Their are up to 200-300 breweries in Bavaria alone grin grin grin grin.. If you don't drink beer, this is a wrong city to come to cheesy cheesy cheesy... And if you abuse it, of course it will affect your academics.. Another distraction are the blonde girls.. Chaiii.... o boy, blonde is sweet I swear.. wink wink wink.. Another culprits is the parties almost on a daily basis organised by students, also don't get carried away by the comfort of Germany, so you need to be mentally prepared and plan your priorities

8. Most of the male or even females at one time or the other would have fantasized having a German Prince or princess, what are their chances? Do the shy Germans gals take to Nigerians? Can ebele17(f), get her prince charming easily?

This question is relative, but what happens for Mr A may no happen for Mr B..
It could take time to get a German girl because you don't speak the languauge, even if she speaks english, there are loads of expression she can't express to you except through German language.. Perhaps a typical German takes time even before he/she calls you a 'Friend' more less ' Girlfriend'.. You both could get involved sexually and still not be bf or gf.. Perhaps germans are not too open like that.. So if you are willing to have more fun or desperate for queen or king, the chances are brighter among Polish,Spanish, Portugese etc.. Don't be bothered, you will find them all here cheesy cheesy cheesy... Don't quote me on this, I can also speak from my own comfort zone, someone in Bremen or Cologn may have a different story

9. List 5 most important items an intending new comer should bring along to Germany.
1)Naija food,
2)Naija food,
3)Naija food,
4)Naija food
5) Naija food grin grin grin grin grin
All other things you can buy here for cheap on ebay classified.... For those who don't mind buying used stuff ni ooooo tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
My only regret is not bringing enough Naija food, Una go chop potato and pork tire grin grin grin

10. Am going to post something after this about some common stereotypes about Germany that I posted in another thread.
Post the question

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by KariKessiana: 1:58pm On Aug 31, 2014
Generalkorex:
bro can I av your email or contact

I'm not a 'bro'.
kkessiana@gmail.com
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 2:32pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ogbeche77: Accomodation is hell is munchen especially during the Oktoberfest period starting in 3 weeks time... Your best bet is a youth hostel which is currently over priced or stay in Freising at Cardinal Dofner's Haus.. Its abit cheaper.. Start making plans for other alternatives now.. I have classmates who came last winter and had to stay in a guest house/hotel all through the semester.. So so expensive
@ogbeche77 is there any way you can help? are there still free rooms at Cardinal Dofner's Haus?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 2:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ogbeche77: Another TUM Newbee.. Welcome to Freising... We go full here small by winter.. Coincidentally.. I also work as a Graduate assistant in your department .. Prof. Sauer na my oga grin grin grin grin
@Ogbeche77 that is good
what should she be expecting?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 2:50pm On Aug 31, 2014
Wooooooow!!! ogbeche77, this is just woow! Am not gonna read all yet. The question number 10 contains series of my post on German (generally) stereotype. Its immediately after the post containing the questions you've addressed.
Please, there are some questions which I asked earlier No.1-5, emeka55 did a wonderful job there. We know (may be not all) that Bayern is an entirely unique and different Germany. For the purpose of the large team heading that way, can you answer the question, Bayerische style?
Here are the questions below:
Eke40seven:
Emeka Nwannem, its good that people who cares for the affairs of others after 'crossing over' still exist. I commend you and other guys who have made them selves available to this honourable course. The goodwill of your fans will surely bring you good fortunes.

Let me seize this opportunity to conduct this interview on this forum
1. Please, introduce yourself, name (optional), course and level, school, city, your school in Nigeria (optional)
2. How does German educational system differ from the system you were used to?
3. What academic challenge(s) did you face or are you facing currently and how are/did you tackling/tackle them?
3. What is your (academic) advise to prospective Nigerian student coming over to study? (summarised)
4. Do your school have a sizeable number of international students and what is the state of interaction like with them?
5. Did you find it difficult integrating into the society and how were you able to overcome it if you had?

I will ask further questions as soon as you answer this batch.
Thanks and God bless you as you answer.
P.S. Other honourable members in Germany willing to be part of these series of interview are highly welcome too.
God bless you all.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 31, 2014
geemana: @ogbeche77 is there any way you can help? are there still free rooms at Cardinal Dofner's Haus?
You can write an email to this address (info@bildungszentrum-freising.de) introducing yourself and let them know your travel Itinerary... If there is no luck, then you may have to contact your course coordinator if he/she can help

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 31, 2014
geemana: @Ogbeche77 that is good
what should she be expecting?
Loads of things to expect, they are better experienced... But I most let her know that she would be taking most of her courses at Alte Akademie which is the highest elevation point of Freising grin grin grin grin... I always don't look forward going to the area, but do I have a choice.... She can take solace in Weinheinstaphan(The oldest brewery in the world) just next building to her department cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 3:02pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ogbeche77: You can write an email to this address (info@bildungszentrum-freising.de) introducing yourself and let them know your travel Itinerary... If there is no luck, then you may have to contact your course coordinator if he/she can help
@Ogbeche how much per night or per month. I saw 101DM which is about 54 euro? itz like those coordinators don't want to help.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 3:03pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ogbeche77: Loads of things to expect, they are better experienced... But I most let her know that she would be taking most of her courses at Alte Akademie which is the highest elevation point of Freising grin grin grin grin... I always don't look forward going to the area, but do I have a choice.... She can take solace in Weinheinstaphan(The oldest brewery in the world) just next building to her department cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Ogbeche77 from your comments,I have come to a conclusion. U TOO LIKE BEER....
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 31, 2014
geemana: @Ogbeche how much per night or per month. I saw 101DM which is about 54 euro? itz like those coordinators don't want to help.
You can try the youth hostel in Munich as well http://www.euro-youth-hotel.de/, but you have to make reservation....
Coodinators are in better position to help you out, they speak deutsche and can arrange temporary accommodation for prospective students
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 31, 2014
geemana: Ogbeche77 from your comments,I have come to a conclusion. U TOO LIKE BEER....
When you are in Rome, ............................. wink wink
Re: German Embassy And Visa by hayour9: 4:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
dolpaz: And can anybody access this site on any Nigerian IP : www.fh-kiel.de
please signify !
Did, all in german
Re: German Embassy And Visa by geemana(m): 4:18pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ogbeche77: You can try the youth hostel in Munich as well http://www.euro-youth-hotel.de/, but you have to make reservation....
Coodinators are in better position to help you out, they speak deutsche and can arrange temporary accommodation for prospective students
@Ogbeche77 I just sent a mail to to the Kardinal Dofner Haus.awaiting reply. thanks.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by m365571: 4:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
Anybody here a single mom going to do masters.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Realk1(m): 7:14pm On Aug 31, 2014
grin@Ogbeche77, @emeka55, nice one guys, y'all painted vivid pictures! Kudos!..

Abeg ehn, i don ask tire but make I still try luck. Anybody sabi any naija person wey dey Uni Bremen? I don find tire!
Was able to connect with some people in the school, but neither of them nigerian, or at least, African & only such peeps would really be able to address the kinda questions I wanna ask ...Any leads?

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by ohimai83: 9:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
Visa application things again. Do I gum the picture to the form or I should just take the form along and it will be attached by the embassy. I just need the procedure for the photo and the form. thanks y'all.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 9:28pm On Aug 31, 2014
Hey guys, please I need masters who can help review my letter of intent/motivation letter.
Please help
Kind regards !
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Teflon1: 9:42pm On Aug 31, 2014
emeka55:

... Even if it is not your dream course, as long as it gets u a visa, u can change after you arrive...

Hello Emeka, i hv read almost all ur posts here, they are amongst d most enlightening ones here, direct, clear and from experience. I appreciate ur posts. I would like to ask about dat statement i boldened above (i hv tried to google stuff on it, without success):

(1) When one gets a visa and travels for a particular course in a university like an FH and on getting there wants to change to a similar course at like a TU...how does he go about it exactly (processes, setbacks involved)?

(2) Is it after finishing d 1st semester at d first univ. (d FH for instance) dat he can then apply for transfer to d other univ.(d TU for instance) to join dem in the 2nd semester with ur points earned from d initial school?

(3) Can one just decide to transfer from one univ. to another, even one dat he/she might normally hv been rejected for?

NB: considering univs. in the same state, different states, & courses slightly related, not too related. Thanks in advance.

@Eke, @naijaobi, @lacuna, @others i see u all...been seeing all ur inspiring/helpful comments, would appreciate ur comments also. Pls o, help me out...Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by chidexxy007(m): 10:43pm On Aug 31, 2014
Mehn..... I don try 2 read everythin 4 dz thread my eye don dy pain me 4 jst page 28 wey i dy.... Av gat sm questions 4 dose of u dat av been admitted/processin 4 UG PROGRAM
1... Wat doc. did u authorize or notarize, where did u do it n hw much did it cost u.
2... Hw did u apply 4 lang. course if u did/plannin 2 do d studienkellog?.... Cos al d sch i hav contactd does nt offa architecture in english..

Nid ansas plz so i can start preparin my application against nxt yr

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by KariKessiana: 10:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
ohimai83: Visa application things again. Do I gum the picture to the form or I should just take the form along and it will be attached by the embassy. I just need the procedure for the photo and the form. thanks y'all.

Put the picture at the back of the form by yourself. When I didn't attach my photo, the old lady was getting impatient and told me to leave.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Generalkorex(m): 11:01pm On Aug 31, 2014
chidexxy007: Mehn..... I don try 2 read everythin 4 dz thread my eye don dy pain me 4 jst page 28 wey i dy.... Av gat sm questions 4 dose of u dat av been admitted/processin 4 UG PROGRAM
1... Wat doc. did u authorize or notarize, where did u do it n hw much did it cost u.
2... Hw did u apply 4 lang. course if u did/plannin 2 do d studienkellog?.... Cos al d sch i hav contactd does nt offa architecture in english..

you are going for bsc right?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by chidexxy007(m): 11:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
Generalkorex:

you are going for bsc right?
yap.... U?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 11:35pm On Aug 31, 2014
Teflon1:

Hello Emeka, i hv read almost all ur posts here, they are amongst d most enlightening ones here, direct, clear and from experience. I appreciate ur posts. I would like to ask about dat statement i boldened above (i hv tried to google stuff on it, without success):

(1) When one gets a visa and travels for a particular course in a university like an FH and on getting there wants to change to a similar course at like a TU...how does he go about it exactly (processes, setbacks involved)?

(2) Is it after finishing d 1st semester at d first univ. (d FH for instance) dat he can then apply for transfer to d other univ.(d TU for instance) to join dem in the 2nd semester with ur points earned from d initial school?

(3) Can one just decide to transfer from one univ. to another, even one dat he/she might normally hv been rejected for?

NB: considering univs. in the same state, different states, & courses slightly related, not too related. Thanks in advance.

@Eke, @naijaobi, @lacuna, @others i see u all...been seeing all ur inspiring/helpful comments, would appreciate ur comments also. Pls o, help me out...Thanks

If you arrive Germany and u want to change your University or course, it is advisable u conclude one semester at your present University. By then u must have got your residence permit and settled every paper work and all of these u must do with the University name indicated on your Visa.

Every university has its own system. Some will accept you transfer your first semester grades and allow you continue while some will ask that you start afresh.
Bear in mind however that for whatever University you are changing to, you have to re-apply like a beginner even if the process requires uni-assist.
Even if your previous grades will be transfered, that will be determined after you have applied and have been accepted.

There are no hurdles to face except that you have to go through the application process again and find a new house blah blah blah....
Also be sure to check with your present University before you make any move cos they could have partner Universities where u may not need all the stress or they may require you change after one year.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Generalkorex(m): 11:41pm On Aug 31, 2014
chidexxy007:
yap.... U?
same as urs
those questions had been on my mind for a very long time bt i was actualy waiting for the rite time to come before i ask. Tank God u did that.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by emeka55: 11:47pm On Aug 31, 2014
chidexxy007: Mehn..... I don try 2 read everythin 4 dz thread my eye don dy pain me 4 jst page 28 wey i dy.... Av gat sm questions 4 dose of u dat av been admitted/processin 4 UG PROGRAM

First I would advice that you stop typing in abreviations. It shows a sign of laziness or unseriousness.
Check the University's website they have all the required documents there. You can notorize at a high court or German embassy. Find out about the cost yourself.
Before u apply to studienkollege u need to register with a German language school in Nigeria and have a certificate up to B1 at least. Which takes about a year to complete.
Good luck

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.