Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,534 members, 7,812,658 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884417 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by elvis10ten(m): 9:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
Eke40seven:
My surest guy. Congrats o. Don't forget your comrades on this thread o.
Wishing you all the best!

Both in terms of quantity (referring to the number of schools) and quality (standings and rankings), they are all present in Germany. If you have the right qualifications, you have an 'unlimited' quantity of quality options to choose from in terms of schooling.
Have at least a year's result in a recognised Nigerian University and see how it goes from there.
Start by checking DAAD and Google 'study in Germany'. You are gonna find them helpful.

Good luck!
thanks.very.much.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by honourableseyi: 10:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
Good day house. How have you all been? Good news will begin to roll in starting from tomorrow through the months and the remaining part of this year in Jesus name. For those that are waiting to hear good news from the embassy, be rest assured that success will definitely come your ways in Jesus name. Also, let's try and give embassy time to do their things. Though I know the waiting time is not always easy, but I'm sure nobody here will want embassy to contact him or her a week after his or her interview; so why pressing panic button when you still have time to be patient. Contacting them might also make it looks like desperation. Submit your things, go for your interview and patiently waiting for their response with prayers. It is well with all us and success is ours in Jesus name. Shalom

4 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by lacuna(m): 3:05am On Sep 12, 2014
dolpaz:

Another One..am so sorry..just helping our fellow brothers who were rejected..

Dear Nairalanders, let me begin by expressing my sincere and unreserved apologies for my inability to have offered a prompt and timely follow -up to my previous updates and all the attendant responses. I have been quite busy trying to wound up on a number of activities, including and especially, preparations for my departure. I regret any inconvenience this may have caused. I have realised that once you are issued your visa, the days become faster than normal and before you know it, your departure date stares you right in the face. I appreciate everyone who has made valuable contributions, volunteered time and resources to this forum.

I wish to quickly address the concerns that have been raised about my first interview; why i said it was bad, what made it bad and what was responsible for the initial outcome which necessitated an appeal. My first interview was bad basically because i buckled under the threat of the Old Lady. I allowed her unfriendly mien and harsh disposition get at me. I was befuddled at her aggressive nature, i allowed it affect my composure and performance. This adversely affected my performance. I lost composure and couldn't answer basic questions regarding Germany and my course of study. Also, I think i was over confident. I am reputed at doing well at oral interviews and general presentations and i apparently allowed that becloud my sense of modesty but unlike others, this was a different ball game as i clearly missed essential details which could have enhanced my assessment by the Visa Officer. Hope someone here can borrow a leaf from that. READ! READ!! READ!!!

JULY 21, 2014.....ANOTHER MAIL INVITING ME TO THE CONSULATE

At about 11.00am, i checked my mail and noticed i had been invited to the Consulate. Nothing was specific, except for the instruction to come with my passport for the purpose accreditation and access into the premises of the Consulate. Even though i was optimistic about the outcome of my second interview, i was a little agitated because i was not quite sure. It would been a bit of respite if the mail had included the usual request for the three months insurance policy but i wasn't expecting that because my sponsorship letter came with an insurance cover from Germany. Still worried, I quickly put a call through to the Consulate requesting to speak with the undersigned but was told she was in a meeting. At this point, i couldn't go on with my work, i became quite uneasy. About twenty or thirty minutes later, i dialed the number again, the receptionist again picked and asked why i wanted to speak with the Visa Officer. I told her i had inquiries to make regarding a mail she sent. She requested i hold on and immediately put me through to the Visa Officer. Not minding she was acting very business-minded, I promptly introduced myself and requested to know why i was requested to come to the Consulate. She asked for my details, crosschecked and told me my visa application was successful and therefore i was requested to come for collection.

JULY 22..... I arrived the Consulate shortly before 7.00am. This was my fourth time! After handling formalities, I was ushered to the reception where, to my greatest chagrin, i was confronted by the same old woman who conducted my first interview. On her request, I submitted the mail and my passport, sighting my name and face, perhaps my reference number, she obtrusively let out a smile. I guess she remembered our first encounter. oh! the chubby beautiful woman at the reception was happy for me. I was asked my proposed travel date which she quickly wrote down and requested i come back at mid day for COLLECTION.

Shortly before mid day, i arrived at the Consulate and took my seat amongst several others who had also come for collection. It took a while before the man in charge of issuance showed up. You could see apprehension and curiosity on people's faces. Eventually, i was called and just as i stretched my hand to collect my visa, the man looked up to me intently and said ''we have looked at your appeal and your visa application has been accepted but i'm afraid we cannot issue you a visa now because your intended date of travel does not correspond with the date on your foreign insurance''. hmmmm, nna mehn, my blood begin vibrate...e no go better for Satan. Ok, let me explain that. The date on my insurance and that of my intended departure were five days apart!

He advised that i called the Foreign insurance company and request that they reissue a new insurance to reflect or correspond with the date i will arrive in Germany. The date on the insurance cannot exceed your arrival date! In other words, your insurance should take effect on the same day or before you arrive. Well, i quickly called my sponsor (God bless that dude. That guy is a friend indeed), inspite just returning from work and feeling worn out from the stress of a hard day's job, he had to quickly drive to the insurance office to effect the necessary change. Before he could finish the process and scan for me to print and take back to the Consulate, official hours had elapsed. hmmmmm, chai...words are inadequate to describe how i felt. The annoying part was that i had to pay as much as 1kto print the insurance, one page of document around the Consulate just so i could meet up with time. I left for the office, weighed down yet very optimistic. I knew it could only be delayed, it could never be denied because God was involved.

JULY 23......SIXTH APPEARANCE AT THE CONSULATE, WOW!
Again, i beat the 7.00am time line. Got cleared, at the reception, I submitted my passport and a printed copy of the mail. I was asked to come back for collection at mid day. At mid day, i was there and TO THE GLORY OF JESUS, I GOT MY VISA. Note that this was my seventh appearance since i had to appear twice on two consecutive days. I am grateful to God, only He could have done this, He made it possible!

Note that I have painstakingly shared this details to encourage all others who may be going through some challenges or expectantly waiting for the outcome of their interviews or admission. My prayer is that God will meet all of you at the point of your heart's desires in Jesus name.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 6:58am On Sep 12, 2014
4129:

Block Account..... was asked through mail to fund the account by embassy just 2hrs after interview...@ebele17 where are u heading to?

Oh ok. Munich. You?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Amosiye: 7:44am On Sep 12, 2014
Amen
lacuna:

Dear Nairalanders, let me begin by expressing my sincere and unreserved apologies for my inability to have offered a prompt and timely follow -up to my previous updates and all the attendant responses. I have been quite busy trying to wound up on a number of activities, including and especially, preparations for my departure. I regret any inconvenience this may have caused. I have realised that once you are issued your visa, the days become faster than normal and before you know it, your departure date stares you right in the face. I appreciate everyone who has made valuable contributions, volunteered time and resources to this forum.

I wish to quickly address the concerns that have been raised about my first interview; why i said it was bad, what made it bad and what was responsible for the initial outcome which necessitated an appeal. My first interview was bad basically because i buckled under the threat of the Old Lady. I allowed her unfriendly mien and harsh disposition get at me. I was befuddled at her aggressive nature, i allowed it affect my composure and performance. This adversely affected my performance. I lost composure and couldn't answer basic questions regarding Germany and my course of study. Also, I think i was over confident. I am reputed at doing well at oral interviews and general presentations and i apparently allowed that becloud my sense of modesty but unlike others, this was a different ball game as i clearly missed essential details which could have enhanced my assessment by the Visa Officer. Hope someone here can borrow a leaf from that. READ! READ!! READ!!!

At about 11.00am, i checked my mail and noticed i had been invited to the Consulate. Nothing was specific, except for the instruction to come with my passport for the purpose accreditation and access into the premises of the Consulate. Even though i was optimistic about the outcome of my second interview, i was a little agitated because i was not quite sure. It would been a bit of respite if the mail had included the usual request for the three months insurance policy but i wasn't expecting that because my sponsorship letter came with an insurance cover from Germany. Still worried, I quickly put a call through to the Consulate requesting to speak with the undersigned but was told she was in a meeting. At this point, i couldn't go on with my work, i became quite uneasy. About twenty or thirty minutes later, i dialed the number again, the receptionist again picked and asked why i wanted to speak with the Visa Officer. I told her i had inquiries to make regarding a mail she sent. She requested i hold on and immediately put me through to the Visa Officer. Not minding she was acting very business-minded, I promptly introduced myself and requested to know why i was requested to come to the Consulate. She asked for my details, crosschecked and told me my visa application was successful and therefore i was requested to come for collection.

JULY 22..... I arrived the Consulate shortly before 7.00am. This was my fourth time! After handling formalities, I was ushered to the reception where, to my greatest chagrin, i was confronted by the same old woman who conducted my first interview. On her request, I submitted the mail and my passport, sighting my name and face, perhaps my reference number, she obtrusively let out a smile. I guess she remembered our first encounter. oh! the chubby beautiful woman at the reception was happy for me. I was asked my proposed travel date which she quickly wrote down and requested i come back at mid day for COLLECTION.

Shortly before mid day, i arrived at the Consulate and took my seat amongst several others who had also come for collection. It took a while before the man in charge of issuance showed up. You could see apprehension and curiosity on people's faces. Eventually, i was called and just as i stretched my hand to collect my visa, the man looked up to me intently and said ''we have looked at your appeal and your visa application has been accepted but i'm afraid we cannot issue you a visa now because your intended date of travel does not correspond with the date on your foreign insurance''. hmmmm, nna mehn, my blood begin vibrate...e no go better for Satan. Ok, let me explain that. The date on my insurance and that of my intended departure were five days apart!

He advised that i called the Foreign insurance company and request that they reissue a new insurance to reflect or correspond with the date i will arrive in Germany. The date on the insurance cannot exceed your arrival date! In other words, your insurance should take effect on the same day or before you arrive. Well, i quickly called my sponsor (God bless that dude. That guy is a friend indeed), inspite just returning from work and feeling worn out from the stress of a hard day's job, he had to quickly drive to the insurance office to effect the necessary change. Before he could finish the process and scan for me to print and take back to the Consulate, official hours had elapsed. hmmmmm, chai...words are inadequate to describe how i felt. The annoying part was that i had to pay as much as 1kto print the insurance, one page of document around the Consulate just so i could meet up with time. I left for the office, weighed down yet very optimistic. I knew it could only be delayed, it could never be denied because God was involved.

Again, i beat the 7.00am time line. Got cleared, at the reception, I submitted my passport and a printed copy of the mail. I was asked to come back for collection at mid day. At mid day, i was there and TO THE GLORY OF JESUS, I GOT MY VISA. Note that this was my seventh appearance since i had to appear twice on two consecutive days. I am grateful to God, only He could have done this, He made it possible!

Note that I have painstakingly shared this details to encourage all others who may be going through some challenges or expectantly waiting for the outcome of their interviews or admission. My prayer is that God will meet all of you at the point of your heart's desires in Jesus name.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 8:23am On Sep 12, 2014
This forum gives me hope even though I av not gotten my visa, just funded my act on weds and waiting for d confirmation from d bank. I come here every hour to read updates and calm my nerves. Keep up d gud work pple
Re: German Embassy And Visa by graciousme(f): 8:55am On Sep 12, 2014
nevilbot: This forum gives me hope even though I av not gotten my visa, just funded my act on weds and waiting for d confirmation from d bank. I come here every hour to read updates and calm my nerves. Keep up d gud work pple

Did you fund your account before or after the interview?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 10:08am On Sep 12, 2014
House please is it possible to get a visa 7days after interview if acct already funded before the interview?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 12, 2014
Please guys how much is e passport now? The immigration people are telling me that if I want it normal way which will be between 2 months or whenever it will cost 25 thousand but if I want it ozigbozibo sharp sharp, within a week it will cost me 28 thousand.
Also I want to register for TOEFL but Ebs Reutlingen has application deadline as 15 October. Please guys is it possible for me to get my result before then thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 10:25am On Sep 12, 2014
@lacuna, nice job. We have been anticipating your return. Your story is refreshing as well as inspiring. Amen to your prayers

@elvis10Ten you will see job. However, I think you have not done your assignment properly. I will advise that you read this thread at least from page 320. You will find it very educating as most of these questions and more have been answered from even our ogas in Germany

@Kingsleymike, How much na? Can it be used for student visa?

@honourableseyi, Amen.

@graciousme, you can fund it before or after

@researchHQ, send a mail to Reutlingen, I think an English taught degree is sufficient in lieu of TOEFL or IELTS. Tell them you are from an English speaking country (official language) and your o'level and possibly BSc is entirely taught in English. Am 70% sure, the proof of Language proficiency will be waived.
They just increased the price of the passport to about 20k officially I think. The sharp sharp passport can be up to that price you were told, I.e 28k but you can negotiate further to beat it down.
Hope you all have a nice day.
Our heart desires God shall grant.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by elvis10ten(m): 10:34am On Sep 12, 2014
Eke40seven: @lacuna, nice job. We have been anticipating your return. Your story is refreshing as well as inspiring. Amen to your prayers

@elvis10Ten you will see job. However, I think you have not done your assignment properly. I will advise that you read this thread at least from page 320. You will find it very educating as most of these questions and more have been answered from even our ogas in Germany

@Kingsleymike, how much na? Can it be used for student visa?

@honourableseyi, Amen.

i haven't read all the posts thats true. Really sorry for asking already answered questions.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by elvis10ten(m): 10:37am On Sep 12, 2014
i went through the proof of financial of financial resources here => https://www.study-in.de/en/study/admission-requirements/before-you-leave/proof-of-financial-resources/ . Want to ask about this two lines:
1) Your parents submit documents certifying their income and financial assets.
2) You submit a bank guarantee.

Does this option work for nigerians ? and how does this bank guarantee works ?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Clandestine60: 10:50am On Sep 12, 2014
researchQ: Please guys how much is e passport now? The immigration people are telling me that if I want it normal way which will be between 2 months or whenever it will cost 25 thousand but if I want it ozigbozibo sharp sharp, within a week it will cost me 28 thousand.
Also I want to register for TOEFL but Ebs Reutlingen has application deadline as 15 October. Please guys is it possible for me to get my result before then thanks

As for your first enquiry, I am not quite up to date in that area so will advise you to wait for people who are better informed on the subject to respond.
With regards to the second, you can check the official toefl website, www.ets.org/toefl, to see if there is any available test date with free space at least 11 days before the aforementioned deadline(15th October) because it takes 10 days after your exam date to be able to access your result online (which you can print and send to the school while awaiting the hard copy) and a couple of weeks to receive the hard copy.
So basically, look for a test date which falls within the month( September) to allow adequate time to receive the result and send in your complete application.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 10:55am On Sep 12, 2014
lacuna:

@Lacuna, God bless you real good... Meanwhile, you have a mail. wink wink
you are so inspiring..
Seyi, thanks very much..
I see your handwork grin grin
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 10:56am On Sep 12, 2014
@research, yes its true.. the FG have just increased the passport fee by 50%
The "runs" can be done within hours and for 25k or so..
U can send me an email..hope you dont mind getting it from abeokuta?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 10:59am On Sep 12, 2014
damsamty16: House please is it possible to get a visa 7days after interview if acct already funded before the interview?

Damsamty, Nope, its not possible to get a visa 7days after interview..
Your documents/informations will be sent to germany for some processing..
if you get an email between 7days after interview, am sorry it might be a rejection.
just stay calm and be prayerful.
My ogas can also contrib
Re: German Embassy And Visa by damsamty16(m): 11:04am On Sep 12, 2014
dolpaz:

Damsamty, Nope, its not possible to get a visa 7days after interview..
Your documents/informations will be sent to germany for some processing..
if you get an email between 7days after interview, am sorry it might be a rejection.
just stay calm and be prayerful.
My ogas can also contrib
Thank you boss
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kingsleymike: 11:31am On Sep 12, 2014
Eke40seven: @lacuna, nice job. We have been anticipating your return. Your story is refreshing as well as inspiring. Amen to your prayers

@honourableseyi, Amen.

@researchHQ, send a mail to Reutlingen, I think an English taught degree is sufficient in lieu of TOEFL or IELTS. Tell them you are from an English speaking country (official language) and your o'level and possibly BSc is entirely taught in English. Am 70% sure, the proof of Language proficiency will be waived.
They just increased the price of the passport to about 20k officially I think. The sharp sharp passport can be up to that price you were told, I.e 28k but you can negotiate further to beat it down.
At only 8,500/month or even less if you buy for up to a year.
The ones we have in Nijja are more expensive, take 9,800 for only 2 weeks and 15,000- 16,000 for a month for Mutual Benefits just for instance.
It's better for students to buy for as much as a year here because over there in Germany its as from 61Euros. A friend pays 71Euros monthly
Re: German Embassy And Visa by kingsleymike: 11:33am On Sep 12, 2014

@honourableseyi, Amen.

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:36am On Sep 12, 2014
elvis10ten: i went through the proof of financial of financial resources here => https://www.study-in.de/en/study/admission-requirements/before-you-leave/proof-of-financial-resources/ . Want to ask about this two lines:
1) Your parents submit documents certifying their income and financial assets.
2) You submit a bank guarantee.

Does this option work for nigerians ? and how does this bank guarantee works ?

There are different visa requirements for different countries and some times, those general information do not apply here in Nigeria. I will advise you forget all those, instead, Google German embassy in Nigeria for details. That's is the more reason why you should stick to this thread and study it like you are preparing for your final year exam.
Since you are new and would need a little 'spoon feeding', I will advise you stick to 'DAAD International students' and this thread. Read from 320 or even before and follow up what's trending now or you may find this whole thing confusing and may cone back here asking irrelevant questions.
Good luck!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by elvis10ten(m): 12:04pm On Sep 12, 2014
Eke40seven:

There are different visa requirements for different countries and some times, those general information do not apply here in Nigeria. I will advise you forget all those, instead, Google German embassy in Nigeria for details. That's is the more reason why you should stick to this thread and study it like you are preparing for your final year exam.
Since you are new and would need a little 'spoon feeding', I will advise you stick to 'DAAD International students' and this thread. Read from 320 or even before and follow up what's trending now or you may find this whole thing confusing and may cone back here asking irrelevant questions.
Good luck!

thanks. will do that
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 1:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
graciousme:

Did you fund your account before or after the interview?

I funded it a month after my interview, my interview was on the 8the of last month august, BT as I no b dangote pikin, we just raised d money Ni so I just funded on weds. Embassy even sent me second mail to remind me to fund my acvt thinking I don forget BT how could I forget, d money Na loan sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by m365571: 1:52pm On Sep 12, 2014
To God be the glory. I was called today to come to the embassy with my insurance ooh. Heilbronn bound grin

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 2:02pm On Sep 12, 2014
m365571: To God be the glory. I was called today to come to the embassy with my insurance ooh. Heilbronn bound grin

Congrats OK, plz how many days after sending dem ur act confirmation did dey cal u to bring insurance
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2014
damsamty16: House please is it possible to get a visa 7days after interview if acct already funded before the interview?

Nahhhh!!!, even ordinary short stay schengen visa takes minimum of 10 working days. For long stay visa, they will check everything u submit to them.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by OlaoChi: 3:10pm On Sep 12, 2014
smiley nice topic here

pls whats the equivalent of Abitur for a BA program?
can SSCE and Jamb work?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 3:29pm On Sep 12, 2014
OlaoChi: smiley nice topic here

pls whats the equivalent of Abitur for a BA program?
can SSCE and Jamb work?

Welcome, the equivalent of an Abitur for a BA programme is at least a complete session's result in a Nigerian university or a complete HND result in Nigeria and nothing less.
Hope that answers your question.
Good luck!

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by m365571: 3:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
My interview was on the 7th if August
nevilbot:

Congrats OK, plz how many days after sending dem ur act confirmation did dey cal u to bring insurance
Re: German Embassy And Visa by nevilbot: 3:40pm On Sep 12, 2014
confirmation of funding recieved. sent immediately to info@lago.diplo.de as a reply to the mail of the embassy to fund my account. plz should i also send to rk-visa201@lago.diplo.de or is that one enuf
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Adexhat(m): 3:50pm On Sep 12, 2014
Eke40seven:

Good luck!

Hey bro, can I give you a title? If yes, then i'm dashing you "General Manager, Customer care and services, Nairaland German Visa Forum." I'm really hoping you get a testimony soon as you've been so prompt in responding to most inquiries here! though you've been quite sarcastic with some comments (during d spoon feeding saga cheesy) over all i rate your contributions very high wink wink
@Others, well done to y'all
@Lacuna, Nnah mhen, you're destined for greatness and no devil can stop you. Just keep a connection to Him that can fight on your behalf at any time t, frequency f!
Wonderful weekend and success to all.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by OlaoChi: 3:54pm On Sep 12, 2014
Eke40seven:

Welcome, the equivalent of an Abitur for a BA programme is at least a complete session's result in a Nigerian university or a complete HND result in Nigeria and nothing less.
Hope that answers your question.
Good luck!
yh thanks it answers my question but that's bad news cry I only have the ones I stated above.
I read about Studienkollege, a years course should work right? pls do u know the general requirement to enroll in a studeinkollege?

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.