Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (478) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (884290 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Oye50(m): 11:10am On Jan 08, 2015
Williamso:
Good day all. I must say a big thank you for what you all are doing here - giving out vital information for free. It is very much appreciated...
While I don't blame any of you for not spoonfeeding/breastfeeding newbies like me, I want you to realize that going through 477 pages of important (and unimportant) information is not easy, and not something one can do in a day... Even if you don't want to explain to a newbie in detail, a simple page-range reference, if you know it, won't be so bad...
Nevertheless, I'm about to start reading every page on this thread from page 0 so as to graduate from breastmilk to spoonfeeding...
Once again, really really grateful for what you lot are doing. grin
U cannot undermine the power of Internet, u can actually search for the specific info u require on Nairaland. All u need u is use the search engine provided on NL and filter it to travel section. I bet u, what u need will surface. I've got a million and 1 questions but I don't need to ask anyone, though I've read almost all the pages, yet I can get any info I require per time

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by ehcenihc(f): 12:30pm On Jan 08, 2015
For the person asking where to certify documents, you can go to the german embassy and its free.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Williamso(m): 8:12pm On Jan 08, 2015
Please I need you all to help me out here.
Was going through daad website, and most of the schools/degree options I saw require either offline application or a combination of offline and online. Only a few (2 or 3) use uni-assist. Knowing that they all require my transcript, how do I go about the application when my school charges 35k for transcript to Germany, and I plan to apply for not less than 5 schools, that will be 175k on transcripts alone, which is outrageous!!!

Will it be possible to obtain a student copy of my transcript and send out photocopies? Will it be valid? Please I need you all to guide me here...

Oye50:

U cannot undermine the power of Internet, u can actually search for the specific info u require on Nairaland. All u need u is use the search engine provided on NL and filter it to travel section. I bet u, what u need will surface. I've got a million and 1 questions but I don't need to ask anyone, though I've read almost all the pages, yet I can get any info I require per time
That method didn't help me here bro... Thanks for the tip though
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Clandestine60: 8:53pm On Jan 08, 2015
Williamso:
Please I need you all to help me out here.
Was going through daad website, and most of the schools/degree options I saw require either offline application or a combination of offline and online. Only a few (2 or 3) use uni-assist. Knowing that they all require my transcript, how do I go about the application when my school charges 35k for transcript to Germany, and I plan to apply for not less than 5 schools, that will be 175k on transcripts alone, which is outrageous!!!

Will it be possible to obtain a student copy of my transcript and send out photocopies? Will it be valid? Please I need you all to guide me here...

That method didn't help me here bro... Thanks for the tip though

If you'd done your homework properly by reading previous pages of this thread, you definitely would have found precise answers to this question as it has been treated extensively.
Well, what most people do is to have their universities send transcripts to places like a companies etc forming that they need it to secure a job and all that. You just get someone in a company probably a friend, to pick it up on your behalf. Make photocopies of the transcripts and have them certified. Depending on the type of certification required by the schools you intend applying to,you can do that at the german embassy in lagos which I hear is free, at the court for a minimal fee, or at a notary public which can be quite expensive depending on your relationship with such individuals. You then send these certified copies to such schools. As a matter of fact, most schools explicitely state that applicants need not send original documents but certified copies of required documents.
Finally, I will advise you to read this thread properly. You will be doing yourself a world of good as so so many have benefited from this thread and have achieved their primary goals of getting visas. The importance of this thread cannot be overstated as I am a living witness of this. You read this thread, apply yourself, meet the various requirements of your schools and embassy, you get your Visa. Chikena !!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Clandestine60: 9:17pm On Jan 08, 2015
Eke40seven:

If it won't get to them on or before January 15th then don't bother....a deadline is a deadline. set your mind towards winter, you will have more time to select as many as possible then.

I know someone who had similar challenge too recently. its not peculiar to you at all.

Thank you Eke for calming my nerves. Got the details from them after lodging a complaint via the contact form on their website. Once again, thank you
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Williamso(m): 9:36pm On Jan 08, 2015
Clandestine60:

Thank you very much for your help. Started reading this thread from the first page today, already covered "good ground" and gotten lots of vital info. Unfortunately I had to post that question because I was yet to come across it and I need to make a decision as I will be heading to my school tomorrow. All the same, thank you very much...
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Eke40seven(m): 11:07pm On Jan 08, 2015
Williamso:

Thank you very much for your help. Started reading this thread from the first page today, already covered "good ground" and gotten lots of vital info. Unfortunately I had to post that question because I was yet to come across it and I need to make a decision as I will be heading to my school tomorrow. All the same, thank you very much...
Why not just go to your school and talk to the people in charge of that office (I believe records) if there is any way you can get it by hand. Or alternatively if you know someone in any other school, like a lecturer or coordinator of a particular programme/course. Some schools may not accept sending to ordinary companies, except embassies, professional or academic institutions. e g Unilag.

As clandestine pointed out, read up the info on the thread, detail for detail. I believe the last 170-200 pages is enough to get you by for the meantime then you can then read the others, I.e earlier pages at your convenience.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tayoslayer(m): 6:18am On Jan 09, 2015
Clandestine60:

If you'd done your homework properly by reading previous pages of this thread, you definitely would have found precise answers to this question as it has been treated extensively.
Well, what most people do is to have their universities send transcripts to places like a companies etc forming that they need it to secure a job and all that. You just get someone in a company probably a friend, to pick it up on your behalf. Make photocopies of the transcripts and have them certified. Depending on the type of certification required by the schools you intend applying to,you can do that at the german embassy in lagos which I hear is free, at the court for a minimal fee, or at a notary public which can be quite expensive depending on your relationship with such individuals. You then send these certified copies to such schools. As a matter of fact, most schools explicitely state that applicants need not send original documents but certified copies of required documents.
Finally, I will advise you to read this thread properly. You will be doing yourself a world of good as so so many have benefited from this thread and have achieved their primary goals of getting visas. The importance of this thread cannot be overstated as I am a living witness of this. You read this thread, apply yourself, meet the various requirements of your schools and embassy, you get your Visa. Chikena !!

Yes oooo! my people reading older pages is just like gaining the experience of all the veterans here. Also, staying updated is also important. Personally, I read every single page I might have missed on days I couldn't come here. For instance, there were some changes by the embassy which a whole lot of us lamented about around the ending of 2014. Without bursting your bubbles, things like -certification is no more free at the German embassy undecided Yup! you now have to pay a token of 1,200 naira for the certification of your document, I think regardless of the number of sets. Also don't forget money is paid can't remember the amount in euros precisely, i think about 4,500 naira (depending on the value of the naira to euro) cool as you sign and submit the form during the opening of the blocked account at the embassy . Others can add to or subtract from this as seen fit. We shall all drink garri in Germo grin Alles in ordnung (all is well)

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by hollaytan: 2:02pm On Jan 09, 2015
wow! just got a mail from uni-assist today that my documents have being evaluated after much anticipation, I guess anytime from now I will know my fate of getting admission. for the brother that his school charges 35k for documents I guess u should just request for the student copy of your transcript, make photocopies of it and get them certified and use it for ur process, I used certified student copy of transcript. u will get more details from royal bossness at the top

my two kobo
Re: German Embassy And Visa by baggylips(m): 2:03pm On Jan 09, 2015
@ williamso....are u a superlion
Re: German Embassy And Visa by adenjnr(m): 2:05pm On Jan 09, 2015
Hello house, I just received the long awaited email after waiting for 6weeks.
All glory to God Almigthy there is no better way to start 2015, and a special thank you to everyone on this thread who helped one way or the other.
In my subsequent post will take time to share my experience (from missing winter opportunity till date)
#teamSummer#

6 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by cahnellven: 3:32pm On Jan 09, 2015
adenjnr:
All glory to God Almigthy there is no better way to start 2015, and a special thank you to everyone on this thread who helped one way or the other.
In my subsequent post will take time to share my experience (from missing winter opportunity till date)
#teamSummer#

congrats o MR Ade. I tap into your testimony. . .abeg do make you come share your experience o . We are patiently waiting to hear from you.

#teamWinter2015#
Re: German Embassy And Visa by stharrie(f): 3:35pm On Jan 09, 2015
Abeg, if person get first year transcript in liberia, shey dem still go accept am for undergraduate degree? undecided
Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by GoldHorse(m): 8:45pm On Jan 09, 2015
tayoslayer:

Yes oooo! my people reading older pages is just like gaining the experience of all the veterans here. Also, staying updated is also important. Personally, I read every single page I might have missed on days I couldn't come here. For instance, there were some changes by the embassy which a whole lot of us lamented about around the ending of 2014. Without bursting your bubbles, things like -certification is no more free at the German embassy undecided Yup! you now have to pay a token of 1,200 naira for the certification of your document, I think regardless of the number of sets. Also don't forget money is paid can't remember the amount in euros precisely, i think about 4,500 naira (depending on the value of the naira to euro) cool as you sign and submit the form during the opening of the blocked account at the embassy . Others can add to or subtract from this as seen fit. We shall all drink garri in Germo grin Alles in ordnung (all is well)

Yes the blocked account is now 4,500.

And I tried booking appointment for visa interview same day I submitted my blocked account documents, below is the response I got from the embassy the next day. Guess I have to wait then or is there any need telling them I want to do it earlier so I can go on time? I plan getting to Germany in early August.

Sir,
your study starts in October so it is too early for visa processing.
We can advise you to book an appointment for student visa in June.
Thanks for understanding.

Kind regards,

Visa Section

Generalkonsulat der Bundesrepublik Deutschland - Lagos -Nigeria
Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany - Lagos - Nigeria

Tel: +234-1-280-9966
Fax: +49 30 1817 67232
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Williamso(m): 9:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
baggylips:
@ williamso....are u a superlion

please could you explain what you mean?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by tayoslayer(m): 10:29pm On Jan 09, 2015
GoldHorse:

And I tried booking appointment for visa interview same day I submitted my blocked account documents, below is the response I got from the embassy the next day. Guess I have to wait then or is there any need telling them I want to do it earlier so I can go on time? I plan getting to Germany in early August.

Sir,

Kind regards,

Visa Section

shocked Interessant! Does this mean you already winter admission for 2015? Although I would agree early August is quite early smiley
Re: German Embassy And Visa by GoldHorse(m): 2:33am On Jan 10, 2015
tayoslayer:

shocked Interessant! Does this mean you already winter admission for 2015? Although I would agree early August is quite early smiley

Yes. Was fortunate to have been given admission by the first school I applied to. The others are just notifying me that they have my hard copies now.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by yommywindy: 7:17am On Jan 10, 2015
congrats. which school did you apply to?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by yommywindy: 7:18am On Jan 10, 2015
GoldHorse:

Yes. Was fortunate to have been given admission by the first school I applied to. The others are just notifying me that they have my hard copies now.

Re: German Embassy And Visa by princetutu: 7:26am On Jan 10, 2015
adenjnr:
#teamSummer#
Congratz Man
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Obiwannn: 9:28am On Jan 10, 2015
GoldHorse:

I like your spirit bro...
TeamSharpSharp

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by stharrie(f): 11:40am On Jan 10, 2015
stharrie:
Abeg, if person get first year transcript in liberia, shey dem still go accept am for undergraduate degree? undecided
Thanks
Re: German Embassy And Visa by dolpaz: 11:54am On Jan 10, 2015
GoldHorse:

Sir,

Kind regards,

Visa Section

Hey, I really need you to explain more on the bolded part.
Cos the last time I checked, you are expected to Block a total amount of 8500 euros

How true is this?

House, Please confirm this

Danke !
Gemiensam sind wir starke

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by tayoslayer(m): 1:49pm On Jan 10, 2015
dolpaz:

Hey, I really need you to explain more on the bolded part.
Cos the last time I checked, you are expected to Block a total amount of 8500 euros

How true is this?

House, Please confirm this

Danke !
Gemiensam sind wir starke
That means you have to pay 4,500 naira at the embassy whilst opening the blocked account in which you transfer 8000 Euro to.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by GoldHorse(m): 4:38pm On Jan 10, 2015
tayoslayer:

That means you have to pay 4,500 naira at the embassy whilst opening the blocked account in which you transfer 8000 Euro to.

That's correct!
Re: German Embassy And Visa by GoldHorse(m): 4:41pm On Jan 10, 2015
yommywindy:

Applied to about 5 schools. Have d admission letter from one for a joint program offered by Uni of Kassel and Uni of Gottingen
Re: German Embassy And Visa by GoldHorse(m): 4:44pm On Jan 10, 2015
@ Obiwannn...thanks. Just following the many advises of the many gurus here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.