Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,445 members, 7,830,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Townhall Initiative - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Townhall Initiative (3904 Views)

Poll: Meeting date

Saturday, 6th August 2011: 60% (3 votes)
Sunday, 7th August 2011: 40% (2 votes)
other: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Osinbajo Townhall Meeting At Maryland USA (Photos) / Pictures From PDP Youth Townhall Meeting In Ilorin Kwara State / PDP Youth South/South East Rally & Townhall Meeting (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Townhall Initiative by agabaI23(m): 10:05pm On May 26, 2011
I have an idea and I need 5 more people who are passionate about Nigeria beyond Nairaland activism to indicate interest in the project. I do not care what divide you come from or who you support.

Because of the nature of the project, I would prefer people from 5 other zones but it does not matter where they are from at the long run.

I need people who self reliant, contented and selfless. If you are that Nigerian willing to give(not money) Indicate interest. When I get the required number, I will open another thread in the journal section where I will unfold my idead and we discuss a way forward.

Thank you for popping in.
Re: Townhall Initiative by agabaI23(m): 10:11pm On May 26, 2011
Who is brave?
Re: Townhall Initiative by agabaI23(m): 10:41pm On May 26, 2011
Still waiting
Re: Townhall Initiative by agabaI23(m): 11:34pm On May 26, 2011
5 slots still available. You can pull out if you do not like it later
Re: Townhall Initiative by Bishopking: 11:36pm On May 26, 2011
what is the idea? volunteer should no what they are sticking their neck into. don't you think so?
Re: Townhall Initiative by agabaI23(m): 11:59pm On May 26, 2011
Bishopking:

what is the idea? volunteer should no what they are sticking their neck into. don't you think so?
Yea I know, they will know and they will decide how to go about it but I want people to volunteer based on desire to be involved and make Nigeria a better place for our children. Like I said, I will lay down everything in the journal section where only the volunteers can discuss.

Should I count you as one?
Re: Townhall Initiative by lucabrasi(m): 12:05am On May 27, 2011
the beginning ofyour thread seems puzzling are you looking for people so support an idea you have already made up your mind on or youhave a working idea that will be developed and changed if necessary after putting minds together with the people that are teaming up with you.
you have to provide a skeletal explanation/analysis of what you have in mind imo
Re: Townhall Initiative by agabaI23(m): 12:19am On May 27, 2011
lucabrasi:

the beginning ofyour thread seems puzzling are you looking for people so support an idea you have already made up your mind on or youhave a working idea that will be developed and changed if necessary after putting minds together with the people that are teaming up with you.
you have to provide a skeletal explanation/analysis of what you have in mind imo
I have an idea which will be developed together with the volunteers.

The idea in a nutshell as the name implies is to build a Town hall structure (group) in each of the 36 states of the federation. This will be made up off people of like minds. There is no haste.

The essence is to get people who can demand for accountability from the leaders. The initial groups in the states will undertake the job of reorientation of the masses in each state.
This is totally a selfless initiative for anyone interested and take out of your pocket instead of putting into your pocket.

We need people who are contented, self reliant and determined.

Thanks for coming in.
Re: Townhall Initiative by agabaI23(m): 1:57am On May 27, 2011
Re: Townhall Initiative by Kilode1: 2:05am On May 27, 2011
Do you want people who live in Nigeria or outside Nigeria?
Re: Townhall Initiative by agabaI23(m): 2:42am On May 27, 2011
I need both. Those in Nigeria will do the ground job. Those outside can give in their brain.
Re: Townhall Initiative by Pharoh: 7:05am On May 27, 2011
I think you should expand the group size beyond six members. undecided
Re: Townhall Initiative by chamber2(m): 7:13am On May 27, 2011

The essence is to get people who can demand for accountability from the leaders.

If this is the aim, then count me in. I do not live in 9ja now but will move in at the end of this yr.

So am in.
Re: Townhall Initiative by agabaI23(m): 10:18am On May 27, 2011
Pharoh:

I think you should expand the group size beyond six members. undecided
It will definitely be more than 6 but at this planning stage only six is needed. Fine I can make it seven
Incase of voting. Are you in
chamber2:

If this is the aim, then count me in. I do not live in 9ja now but will move in at the end of this yr.

So am in.
Thanks that's 2 of us.
Re: Townhall Initiative by lucabrasi(m): 12:20pm On May 27, 2011
agabaI23:

I have an idea which will be developed together with the volunteers.

The idea in a nutshell as the name implies is to build a Town hall structure (group) in each of the 36 states of the federation. This will be made up off people of like minds. There is no haste.

The essence is to get people who can demand for accountability from the leaders. The initial groups in the states will undertake the job of reorientation of the masses in each state.
This is totally a selfless initiative for anyone interested and take out of your pocket instead of putting into your pocket.

We need people who are contented, self reliant and determined.

Thanks for coming in.
sounds like a worthwhile initiative,although i live outside nigeria but count me in as i am always willing to give my time in service of our country good luck smiley
Re: Townhall Initiative by agabaI23(m): 1:26pm On May 27, 2011
lucabrasi:

sounds like a worthwhile initiative,although i live outside nigeria but count me in as i am always willing to give my time in service of our country good luck smiley

Thanks lucabrasi. Together we can get it done. Three slots left!
Re: Townhall Initiative by agabaI23(m): 1:52pm On May 27, 2011
Waiting for 3 people
Re: Townhall Initiative by Mynd44: 2:04pm On May 27, 2011
Intresting i love knowing the full consequence of stuff before i decide to get my hands dirty so i think i will just watch and learn
Re: Townhall Initiative by lucabrasi(m): 2:06pm On May 27, 2011
^^^getting your hands dirty??the man is not asking you to commit murder or steal anything
Re: Townhall Initiative by agabaI23(m): 2:15pm On May 27, 2011
Mynd_44:

Intresting i love knowing the full consequence of stuff before i decide to get my hands dirty so i think i will just watch and learn
Part of the planning process includes the identification of the risks involved and we will have plans on how to deal with it. We are not planning demonstration or a 'protest'. We are interested in civil emancipation through education and transparent influence.
Re: Townhall Initiative by agabaI23(m): 2:15pm On May 27, 2011
lucabrasi:

^^^getting your hands dirty??the man is not asking you to commit murder or steal anything
Thanks!
Re: Townhall Initiative by mikeywise(m): 2:42pm On May 27, 2011
agabaI23:

Waiting for 3 people
am interested, count me in.
Re: Townhall Initiative by agabaI23(m): 2:43pm On May 27, 2011
mikeywise:

am interested, count me in.
That's 4 of us thanks

2 slots for grabs remaining!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Townhall Initiative by agabaI23(m): 3:41pm On May 27, 2011
Two more slots.

MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Let's move from knowing the problem to solving the problem
Re: Townhall Initiative by agabaI23(m): 4:55pm On May 27, 2011
23 responses from 5 posters

Only 2 people left? A call to serve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Townhall Initiative by agabaI23(m): 3:05am On May 28, 2011
Wow, I can't believe that I am finding it difficult to get up to 6 people in nairaland. Seun please stick this to hopage for me. Moderator, can you stick this up the section?
Re: Townhall Initiative by ayinba1(f): 3:50am On May 28, 2011
^^^and why would he? wink
I am not in Nigeria but I am definitely interested in making the world a better place. Charity, they say, begins at home.
Count me in!
Re: Townhall Initiative by agabaI23(m): 3:55am On May 28, 2011
Thank you for joining us Ayinba1. The group
would be incomplete without a lady. About the first question, because he is the mod;-)
Re: Townhall Initiative by agabaI23(m): 3:58am On May 28, 2011
5 down 1 to go. Would that be you? Lets put that your passion to some good use
Re: Townhall Initiative by agabaI23(m): 7:27am On May 28, 2011
Good morning
Re: Townhall Initiative by Gboliwe: 7:46am On May 28, 2011
I may be the one, the completion of the group.
I've always believed in Nigeria.
I'm passionate about the idea and I have the time.
I'm in.
Re: Townhall Initiative by agabaI23(m): 2:02pm On May 28, 2011
1 more person to make it an Odd number

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? / APC Has No Igbo Agenda. We 'll Vote For Jonathan-ohanaeze / Revealed: Abuja Was Part Of Igboland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.