Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor (3485 Views)

7 Photos That Prove Fashola Has The Perfect Ministerial Portfolio / Since Fashola Has Agreed/confessed To The 78 Million Site / Fashola Has A List Of 37 Commissioners! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by EkoIle1: 11:36pm On May 29, 2011
phantom:

it is surer not to have a civil post from you than it is that the sun will rise tomorrow, sad really, sad

I'm really not interested in your lame talk, I just need you to answer the questions I asked you.
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by Kobojunkie: 11:41pm On May 29, 2011
Wooo~!! grin cheesy grin cheesy

Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by EkoIle1: 12:15am On May 30, 2011
lastpage:

x[b]@Eko ile[/b]
Take it easy now?
At less than 50posts on this topic, your "insult rate" is more than 50%, wetin?
Remember that opinion do defer and thats why the Poster asked for "People's Opinion".

Your own opinion is just one of many, you're entitled to it just like any one has the right to defer, heaping insults on them does not make your own opinion more intelligent or superior.,.,, ,. and its does not shut them up as well!
@beejaei Continue to try, dont stoop down low, abeg!

Having said that, Fashola has impacted people, positively and negatively, we can only hope the "positives" far out-weigh the "negatives".

Most contentious (and please dont abuse me or insult my father! grin ) is the issue of those Toll bridges!
Three in a single local government, on a single stretch of Road, is unprecedented, not even in Europe or America has this wonder been achieved!
(BTW: l am not awoof-loving as l do pay E-Toll regularly along my route just that l dont have to pay six times on a single road that is not even 100KM in length!)
As in Nigerian version of success, it must be driven down the people's throat or how do you explain that just to ensure that "users have no option" than to pay, Fashola needs to fence out a lot of business that have nothing to do with his quest to recoup his money back!
Ask those in advance economies and they would tell you that for every "Toll gate", the government creates alternative routes which though could extend your journey by additional 5-10mins more or give you a bumpy ride but YOU ARE NOT DEPRIVED OF A CHOICE! That fencing is criminal, to say the least and as a Lawyer, l dare say, Fashola fall my hand in that area.

On roads, he's tried so much within the first 3yrs of his administration. I dont expect him to do ALL the roads, what are the LDA chairpersons doing or dont take their own statutory allocations? (If "Ojuyobo" will allow them use it and not blackmail them out of it). Street roads are the responsibility of LGA chairpersons and thats why people erroneously criticize Fashola cos it seems the road works is not reaching the grassroots.

There are hundreds of communities without water
! L dont know who the 15 waterworks is benefiting! Go to Bariga, Iwaya, Makoko, Orile, Ikorodu as big as it is, and so many other places, NO PORTABLE WATER.

Beautification projects its good, a beautiful environment has a psychological impact on people's behavior and mentality. Pass mark awarded.
Oshodi too was a success. Pass Mark awarded.

BRT: Good attempt, buses revealed their state after a few months! Most are refurbished sold/presented to us as NEW.No wonder they packed up so quickly and larmingly, my prayer is that the "Toronto Train" would not go the same way! Despite that, it was a "3-steps forward, 1-step backwards". Average pass awarded.

Shops and Entrepreneurial relations
: He has built and is still building "Modern shops" for people whose "local Shops" have been knocked down but whether he is building those shops for a few "money-miss-roads" or for those Traders who really need them, is another question! How do you expect my "tailor" whose shop was knocked down, (an OND school leaver who is just trying to make some money to further his education and not burden his aged parents, same reason l decide its him l will patronize) to raise close to #400,000 to rent any of those shops, is any ones guess! (Bank loan? Which bank is that?) Fail grade on that one

Housing: He has tried building a few "Government LOW COST Housing" in places like Ikorodu but at times you wonder whether our Fashola knows how much those building are renting/selling? if he does, you will ask him why he still tags them "LOW COST" when no Teacher, Nurse, Petty Trader, Civil Servant (who has not embezzled), can rent/buy such houses! I was thinking low cost will refer to something affordable by average people like Teachers or Nurses? certainly not it for purpose.
And to think that he has been talking about "private" affordable Housing, when his own houses are far from affordable! Fail Grade awarded.

Education: He has built some schools and l have seen them with my own eyes! No bull-shaet! No long story. There is room for improvement in terms of books, more Libraries, laboratories, teaching aids. Pass grade awarded.

Health: Took too much time to sign the harmonized medical pay. Doctors too were intransigent. Overall, our Health facilities are so decayed that it will take more than one administration to put them back on a good footing. Fashola only cannot bear the blame, Tinubu was worse and played area-boy with our health for 8yrs! Fashola is stepping up the game in this area and l wish him more greaze. Jury is still out on this. Paper yet to be graded!

Others can say their own as they deem fit.

Caveat: This is just my own "personal opinion", you dont have to agree and its not forced on anyone. Dont even read it, just move on. Anyone that wants to develop "dysentery of the mouth" over this, l warn you to go elsewhere! wink

How do you touch people's lives? Obviously by looking out for them as they go about their daily business. You provide for them by making sure they get transported safely, they have access to affordable health care, they are safe in terms of security, the kids have good schools, communities have clean water to drink and ultimately, they believe and have confidence in the people they ask to take care of their daily affairs.

Now, you are free to minimize, negate, cut and slice it as mush as you want to or what ever float your negative boat. The fact remains that Fashola touched all the areas I listed and it's all out there for the people of Lagos to see which they do everyday and based on the fact that they felt his leadership, they rewarded him with a land slide victory.

Some of us are rational and reasonable people and we do realize that's it's absolutely impossible to get rid of decades of rot and decay in less than 4 years, even Lagosians are in-tune with these facts and they didn't because of that withheld their votes because they see everyday his positive influence all around them. I hope you are not one of the irrational folks expecting fashola the magician to turn Lagos into Rome over night.

We know there's is still a whole lot of room and ground to be covered, but you can not tell me that this man is yet to touch any area of human and infrastructural development. You are of course free to dispute or ask me to prove any of my assertions or point to any area he's yet to touch.

The fact is, we are all entitled to our opinions, but of what good is our opinions if we all sit here and accept serious lack of knowledge, misinformation and lies?

He scored a land slide @ 82% because the people he's administering felt his touch.
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by vislabraye(m): 3:30am On May 30, 2011
may be Eko Ile is Fashola,

I heard Fashola wants to introduce helicopter to decongest the road, . abi.

the way Eko Ile is saying, I won der where he leaves. I'm sure he takes pleasure in farting his opinions. . . I doubt if he can pay a toll fee when going to his village. Think b4 u post
Re: How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor by EkoIle1: 3:35am On May 30, 2011
vislabraye:

may be Eko Ile is Fashola,

I heard Fashola wants to introduce helicopter to decongest the road, . abi.

the way Eko Ile is saying, I won der where he leaves. I'm sure he takes pleasure in farting his opinions. . . I doubt if he can pay a toll fee when going to his village. Think b4 u post

Comedy is obviously not your thing. Shut your mouth if you don't have anything meaningful to contribute, it's not by force to spew rubbish.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

De Potter College Of Health Technology Form Is Out / Seyi Makinde youngest governor Lead Ajimobi With A Wide Margin / Addis Ababa Beats Lagos To Light Rail As Construction Delays Mount

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.