Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,999 members, 7,810,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 (10341 Views)

Nigerian Air: FG Spent N190bn On Ethiopian Aircraft Photoshoot- Peter Okoye / How FG Spent Over N200bn On Postponed Census – Nasir Isa-Kwarra (NPC Chairman) / Abba Kyari: How FG Spent Millions Of Naira In Trying To Save Buhari's COS - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by TheRareGem1(f): 5:28am On Sep 25, 2021
Vice-president Yemi Osinbajo says the federal government disbursed over N8.9 trillion funds for infrastructural developments across Nigeria in 2020.

Osinbajo said this during the inauguration of the 21-storey Dakkada Tower in Akwa Ibom state on Friday.

Over the years, the federal government has increased spending on projects especially for electricity accessibility, such as solar energy and road rehabilitation/construction.

He said the present administration ensured funds were disbursed to cater for infrastructure deployment in the country despite the COVID-19 pandemic.

“We have invested more than any administration on infrastructural development,” Osinbajo said.

“As at last year, we expended over N8.9 trillion on infrastructure development despite the severe economic meltdown in the country.”

Regarding infrastructure projects in Akwa Ibom, such as the Lagos–Calabar rail project and deep seaport, the vice-president said it will establish the state as a major industrial hub both in Nigeria and West Africa.

He said the industrialisation drive in Akwa Ibom was significantly one of the essences of the federal government’s economic agenda.

According to him, the 21-Storey Dakkada Tower was among the tallest buildings in West Africa.

“This tower is state of the art, with the latest technology, developed for an efficient and smart world.

“I heard that some IOCs have expressed intentions. I am glad to know that the investment in the Dakkada tower was already yielding fruits.”

“My opinion on the 21-storey Dakkada tower is that it complements the government’s effort at creating an enabling environment for investments to thrive in the state.

“It is a catalyst for the private sector, I commend the governor for his industrialisation agenda.”

In his remarks, Udom Emmanuel, Akwa Ibom governor, asked international oil companies (IOCs) to relocate their headquarters to Uyo, the state capital, and secure offices in the 21-storey tower.
https://www.thecable.ng/osinbajo-fg-spent-over-n8-9trn-on-infrastructure-projects-in-2020/amp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by TheRareGem1(f): 5:28am On Sep 25, 2021
There is no disputing the fact that this administration is transforming and upgrading the Infrastructural revolution of this country, one of their strong and undisputed achievement, and that is what Nigerians will always remember them for. It's a great giant strive I just say.

Came across this one twitter, a beautiful thread I must commend.

https://twitter.com/nnaji_kate/status/1384379491523366912?s=19

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by Seniorwriter(m): 5:37am On Sep 25, 2021
TheRareGem1:
There is no disputing the fact that this administration is transforming and upgrading the Infrastructural revolution of this country, one of their strong and undisputed achievement, and that is what Nigerians will always remember them for. It's a great giant strive I just say.

The brain and spinal behind this infrastructure moves isn't far fetched.....FASHOLA... he has a past antecedents and nack for that though much could have been achieved if not for the kind of leader and people around him.....very incompetent terrorists infested buhari maladministration!

Declaring these monies spent is funny though to me.

WE NEED YOUNG VISIONARY LEADERS & NOT THESE CHARLATANS PARADING THEMSELVES IN POSITION OF LEADERSHIP!

allthingsgood:

So what have u said now
Deep Quote:
Ability to read & comprehend is a superpower @allthingsgood learn to build the ability!
Lugianostar:
It is frustrating to ponder how these our recycled figure heads leaders think we are dumb and visionless to believe this hugh sum went into infrastructural development projects .

Where are the prove with corresponding completed projects and awarding contracts job orders....!

Now i know these mandate had no blue print.

boxypane:

It isn't about age, it's about vision and how to manage it. Na Yahaya Bello you wan vote?
Hello age is a factor going by so many variables as to Nigerian medical system in place...we don't need a medical tourist as president....how is yaya bello visionary from his past antecedents!?
Try and comment to show you comprehend writeups rather than for comments sakes.
poiZon:

If at all u knew what 8.9trillion naira is, u for kuku just whistle and not start writing rubbish.
The lagos calabar rail whatever,ameachi just said they r looking for alternative source of loans to commence that project. The ibaka deep sea port sofar is 200percent financed by the state govt, the only input fed govt under ttansport ministry is doing is to sign and give approval.
No financial assistance whatsoever, its saddening when an ordained pastor lie more than abdulai
So because you couldn't comprehend the point i made makes the write up @bolded!

@SENIORWRITER

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by wunmi590(m): 5:43am On Sep 25, 2021

Ok
Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by KangaIye: 5:44am On Sep 25, 2021
Sebi na borrow dem borrow am

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by slawormiir: 5:44am On Sep 25, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

We have invested more than any administration on infrastructural development,” Osinbajo said.

“As at last year, we expended over N8.9 trillion on infrastructure development despite the severe economic meltdown in the country.”

Even bros Osinbajo don sabi lie.....it seems there are alot of no good sons and daughters of bitches in this present administration....

57 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by olumzzz(m): 5:44am On Sep 25, 2021
shocked
Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by Shooyie: 5:45am On Sep 25, 2021
The infrastructural development so far has been highly commendable. This will help economic growth and investments.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by Phiniter(m): 5:47am On Sep 25, 2021
On projects that are so Brobdingnagian that you can't see them...

-Lie Mohammed

21 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by DaBullIT(m): 5:47am On Sep 25, 2021
Developers of Nigeria limited good job

When will you develop food for poor Nigerians

When will you develop safety and security

When will you develop good welfare amongst the aged

When will you develop paying salaries promptly

10 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by Racoon(m): 5:48am On Sep 25, 2021
Have these infrastructure development taken Nigeria out from the numerous poor indices of financial/ economic, developmental or human capacity development?

Have all these so called infrastructure yielded any return to start easing off the massive debt burden of this nation within and foreign? Our GDP to debt ratio is abysmally terrible.

While more than 90% of the little generated revenue are used in debt servicing and not even payment. While the executive/legislature continue the chronic debt pillage by borrowing indiscriminately to sustain their overbloated financial lifestyle.

All these are happening in the midst of abject poverty, double digits inflation, forex/capital flight, constricting govt economic policies, widespread deteriorating insecurity and unabating terrorism among many factors.VP Osinbajo just like being fanciful with figures.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by Dozie32(m): 5:49am On Sep 25, 2021
I smell lies and betrayal from our so called thief politicians..

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:50am On Sep 25, 2021
Abalado:
APC governments didn't even have any serious project for NIGERIAns,both federal and state level,,awon eleribu gbogbo,,, ideregbe niwon

More sad news to the eyes of wailers..........
All they love reading is about deaths and blood being sponsored by the evil politicians they worship.
Good news make them sick all day long.
What manner of people they are!?

Slow and steady, Nigeria will be great in our lifetime.

More sad news to the eyes of wailers..........
All they love reading is about deaths and blood being sponsored by the evil politicians they worship.
Good news make them sick all day long.
What manner of people they are!

I HATE TRAINS.
I HATE BRIDGES.
I HATE RICE.
I HATE TALLEST BUILDING EAST OF THE NIGER

Let me give the background to this piece. I was reading some comments on Twitter early in the week, when I ran into this one by one Dr Ben Gbenro: “Why are some people allergic to good news about Nigeria? You are angry about the test-run of Lagos-Ibadan rail, you are angry about the development in Onne Port, but will eagerly amplify any negative news even if it’s not true. Something is wrong with you and I am here to tell you.”

Of course, that comment generated responses, both positive and negative. But the one that caught my fancy specially was by Ayekooto, who declared: “We have got to a stage when GMB achievements can no longer be denied but hated. I hate trains. I hate bridges. I hate rice.”

Very profound. A lot of people can no longer deny the many achievements of President Muhammadu Buhari, particularly in the area of infrastructure, building a new Nigeria, and so, they have decided to hate it. Sad. Very sad.

Nobody can deny that there are very serious challenges in the country, particularly in the areas of security, the economy, and standard of living generally. But that is not all there is to Nigeria of today, and those challenges are being addressed very robustly. That hymn says “behind a frowning providence, He hides a smiling face. His purposes will ripen fast, unfolding every hour.” We will surely see an end to the challenges, if we all work together, and eschew hate speeches.

Why then do some people choose to see and amplify only negative things? Why do they choose to remain willfully blind and deaf to positive things? And surrounded and confronted by salutary developments, they keep repeating; what has the Buhari administration achieved? Show us.

You tell them that just last weekend, there was a test run of the Lagos-Ibadan rail project, with brand new coaches that will begin commercial operation before the end of the year.That is happening in a country where we were told we couldn’t afford new coaches when our oil was selling at over 100 dollars per barrel. Now, at about 40 dollars per barrel, we are launching new coaches. Instead of giving credit to a prudent government, they just say; I hate trains.

Okay, if you hate trains, what of brand new airports in Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano, Enugu, and others in the works? There was a time we were said to parade the worst airports in the world. But not any longer. Buhari reversed it in his four years. What do they say about that? They look up, look down, scratch their heads, and say; I hate airports. I’ve never even boarded a plane in my life, and I don’t want to board. Will I ever enter a plane if I’d been killed by bandits?

Okay. You hate airports and planes. What of bridges being built over rivers in different parts of the country, most especially the Second River Niger Bridge, which the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) built with mouth for 16 years. You tell them that the bridge is almost 50% done, and should be completed in the first quarter of 2022. There’s also the Loko-Oweto Bridge, linking Benue and Nasarawa States. It was started by a previous administration, but almost completed now. Like a cornered rat, their eyes dart furtively from corner to corner, seeking a hole to enter. Finding none, they tell you deadpan: I hate bridges.

Okay. All those are physical structures. So they want stomach infrastructure. You then tell them of the rice revolution, which has freed us from being a net importer of the product in the world. You point out that if Buhari hadn’t put his money where his mouth was, and encouraged us to go back to the land, causing rice farmers to rise from six to 12 million, we would have been in serious trouble when COVID-19 struck. How would we have imported rice, with all international borders closed, and no foreign exchange to even place orders? They pat their tummies gingerly, belch after a hearty meal, and then declare: I hate rice.

A Cancer Centre has been built and commissioned by President Buhari at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH). An ultra-modern diagnostic center also built and commissioned in Kano. And just this week, another diagnostic centre built at a cost of $5.5 million, was commissioned at the Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia, in Abia State. What do they say of all these? “I hate hospitals. May I never need to use any diagnostic centre. It is not my portion.”

You join them to say amen, since you don’t have a hateful heart. And you remind them that the largest ever vessel in the country, Maerskline Stadelhorn, with a length of 300 meters and width of 48 meters, berthed few days ago at Onne Port, in Rivers State. That is the biggest ever container vessel to berth in any part of Nigeria. Onne people were delirious with joy, and praised the government to high heavens, because no vessel had come to their port for 12 years, till August last year, under Buhari. You tell the naysayers the positive economic implications, but they refuse to listen. They dive under water, shouting as they go: We hate container vessels.

You then take them to Yenagoa, in Bayelsa State. Just last week, the skyline of South-south and South-East was transformed, as President Buhari commissioned the tallest Federal Government structure in the region, the 17-story Nigerian Content Tower, Headquarters of Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).

The architectural masterpiece occupies an area equivalent to four football fields, and has a 1,000 seater conference centre plus a 10 MW power plant. Started in late 2015, now completed, all under Buhari. Engineer Simbi Wabote, Executive Secretary of the agency paid tribute to the resolve, determination and encouragement of the President, that saw the structure to completion in record time. And Wabote, third E.S of NCDMB in its 10 years history, has written his name in gold. Just because he has a supportive President.

Minister of State for Petroleum, Chief Timipre Sylvia, under whose tenure as Bayelsa State Governor the land was allocated for the project, declared: “The commissioning of this building is symbolic in many ways. It shows that Mr President is keen to see infrastructural development in every part of the country...It shows that skyscrapers and other laudable infrastructure can be built in the Niger Delta.”

But they say Buhari hasn’t achieved anything. You show them the 17-story building, and as they gaze skyward, their caps and headgear fall off. You pick the cap and headgear, dust and hand them back. And you ask, brothers and sisters, how now? Rather than admit defeat, they pull the caps and headgear over their eyes, and grumbled: We hate skyscrapers. They make us dizzy.

At that point, you pity them.
You realize that they need prayers.
They hate everything good.
They hate anything uplifting.
They hate development.
They hate their country.
They even hate themselves.

To the enemies of the country,
AKA : Children of hate, Frustrations and perdition,
The anointing wey all of us @[/color] carry,
No be una @$@^# mate!

No Cap!

MAY BUHARI SUCCEED.
GOD BLESS [color=#006600]NIGERIA

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:50am On Sep 25, 2021
We have invested more than any administration on infrastructural development,” Osinbajo said.

Only a willfully blind enemy of Nigeria can't see this.
All they only want to be reading about is deaths, sorrow and blood of innocent Nigerians, and all they seek to read about our citizens will soon pay them all supporters of evil and sorrow an untimely visit.
No be curse,
Na FACT.

Sane, honest, Patriotic and hardworking Nigerians, Do not Waste time Arguing with Buhari Haters* 

We are not talking about critics who are genuinely concerned about a better Nigeria,. You will know them because when they see good efforts of government they applaud.

But the others, the one who swore on their lives Buhari will never be president, the enemies of the nation, are the ones we are talking about. The following are their traits:

* They lie and mislead others with statements as 'I regret voting Buhari'(Saraki and Atiku) etc a cliche they started using as early as few months into the Buhari government. To them it doesn't matter that the last government looted the treasury and Buhari met an empty treasury...they will say 'we voted him because he said he will change the nation in '3 months? (Don't bother to ask for proof, lying is their trademark)

* They are the one who swore on their father's head that Buhari died in Aso rock, and later in UK. Then they said the Buhari that returned to Nigeria is a clone (duplicate) and you still take cognizance of what comes out of these peoples mouth.

* They were the ones who said 8 years was not enough for OBJ, and 6 not enough for GEJ etc They are the beneficiaries of corruption. They are either the full time politicians, corrupt civil servants, journalists, bankers, fraudulent contractors, religious businessmen etc Its no longer business As usual, so they pretend that they are fighting for ordinary Nigerians (na lie!!!)

* When you remind them of how corruption in last government has ruined the nation....they ask you to stop talking about the past

* When you say Buhari is a man of integrity and his fighting corruption...they say his son has a power bike.

* When Evans the kidnapper say something against Buhari, he becomes an hero. When you say their heroes and spokespersons lack integrity (IBB, OBJ, Fayose, FFK, Saraki, Reno, GEJ, Atiku, etc)...then they say look at the message not the messenger (what meaningful words do the robber want to utter?)

*They are not interested in any development in Nigeria, if it means ascribing any success to PMB. 

* Every good news of the nation brings them sadness, and they remain quiet until another bad news crops up

* If you tell them Buhari is building over 300 roads all over Nigeria, they say it is because of 2019.

* Tell them Buhari is developing the rail system all over Nigeria, they say it is not his initiative that Obasanjo and GEJ had plans to do it.

* Inform them about the agricultural revolution how Nigeria now produces its local food and has become a foremost world exporter of food, they say it is Obasanjo that started Operation feed the nation in the 70s (God have mercy!!!)

* When you say Buhari is working to completing abandoned projects, over 8000 nationwide (Mambila hydro power, Ajaokuta Steel Plant etc), they say it is because he has no program of his own.

Let us stop here abeg....
How many we wan talk?!
But definitely, the willfully blind will forever be blind and the wilfully deaf, will be deaf for ever.

President Buhari, The looter of our National treasury are still so much in PAINS from 2015 because you blocked all avenue for them to continue their looting as usual.
STEALING IS NOW CORRUPTION.

GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by AntiChristian: 5:51am On Sep 25, 2021
We need a total restructuring of ourselves in this country!
Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by Bigchristo: 5:54am On Sep 25, 2021
Racoon:
Have these infrastructure development taken Nigeria out from the numerous poor indices of financial/ economic, developmental or human capacity development?

Have all these so called infrastructure yielded any return to start easing off the massive debt burden of this nation within and foreign? Our GDP to debt ratio is abysmally terrible.

While more than 90% of the little generated revenue are used in debt servicing and not even payment. While the executive/legislature continue the chronic debt pillage by borrowing indiscriminately to sustain their overbloated financial lifestyle.

All these are happening in the midst of abject poverty, double digits inflation, forex/capital flight, constricting govt economic policies, widespread deteriorating insecurity and unabating terrorism among many factors.VP Osinbajo just like being fanciful with figures.
Well said

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by Comedian2019: 5:55am On Sep 25, 2021
Where are the projects?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by Doubleoh7: 5:56am On Sep 25, 2021
Yes ooo, even though we are still waiting to see them. And I guess it will also include the billions that was used to feed school children during lockdown. We dey wait for una for front

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by chukwuibuipob: 5:56am On Sep 25, 2021
sad grin angry angry for the lockdown shocked shocked shocked sad sad.May Ogun blind Y'all FG angry angry for this FRAUDULENT
Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by MVLOX(m): 5:57am On Sep 25, 2021
They must be ghost infrastructures.....

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by Oddfinder: 5:57am On Sep 25, 2021
Where's the infrastructure ? Abi am i not in Nigeria?.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by Whois(m): 5:57am On Sep 25, 2021
post=106146005:

“As at last year, we expended over N8.9 trillion on infrastructure development despite the severe economic meltdown in the country .”

True talk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by money121(m): 5:58am On Sep 25, 2021
Yimu

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:58am On Sep 25, 2021
Comedian2019:
Where are the projects?
Na dem cool cool cool

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by CYBERWEAVER(m): 5:58am On Sep 25, 2021
Loan taken and overwatch bye China shocked

They apply for a constructions or infrastructure development from China then they come for the development not like they paid money for it ooo

But we will pay with our oil and VAT

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by chukwuibuipob: 5:59am On Sep 25, 2021
angry Nonsense. If he say 2019 NOT 2020 web we all dey house angry
TheRareGem1:
Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by Savageman: 5:59am On Sep 25, 2021
Issorite...
I laugh, my advice to any street nigga, forget dis govt, dem no get any thing to offer niggas. If you get smartphone and hand,start bombing, find legit update from real street niggas, bomb dem spanish countries, bomb dem taiwan, always use a strong VPN while on d internet, e get why

I movveeeee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by saddler: 6:00am On Sep 25, 2021
Where are the infrastructure?

Dont mention all those world war 1 locomotive trains he bought at tokunbo price from China

And the naira has done a 250% loss in value since this bastard became president.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by aikyg(m): 6:02am On Sep 25, 2021
This country eh!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: FG Spent Over ₦8.9 Trillion On Infrastructure Projects In 2020 by chukwuibuipob: 6:03am On Sep 25, 2021
Pa Lai, Inspector FASO,Pa ROTIMI, TERRORIST PataNLA, Bandit MALAMI ABUBAKAR don deceive Pa OSIBA and dis one come knack us LIE sad

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tribunal Tsunami: LP Lawmakers Look To Appeal Court For Survival / Tinubu Should Rethink His Frequent Trips - Punch Editorial / Naira’s Outlook Is Brightening Amid Steps To Steady Currency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.