Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,160 members, 7,811,350 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration (2706 Views)

Gov. Fashola Plans To Defect To PDP / Fashola - Plans For Lagos Inner City Roads On Course / Fashola Plans N60 Billion Alternative To Ikorodu Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by monkeyleg: 1:57pm On May 28, 2011
BY OLASUNKANMI AKONI
THERE were indications that Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State may not celebrate tomorrow’s inauguration with pomp and pageantry even as plans have been put in place to ensure a successful inauguration ceremony.

The ceremony will take place at the Tafawa Balewa Square, TBS, Lagos Island. Security arrangements have been secured with armed and anti bomb police squad to be on guard.

Tomorrow May 29th, Governor Babatunde Fashola will be sworn in as the governor to pilot the affairs of the state for another four years.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/05/fashola-plans-low-key-inauguration/
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by monkeyleg: 1:59pm On May 28, 2011
This guys really sees things differently.
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by aljharem3: 2:03pm On May 28, 2011
monkeyleg:

This guys really sees things differently.

yeah while our president is spending billions on inaugration and millions on church inauguration

fresh air 2011
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by jason123: 2:12pm On May 28, 2011
. . . . .and that is why I love this guy!!! smiley
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by monkeyleg: 2:49pm On May 28, 2011
The guy is truly miles ahead. He probably understands that spending billions on chop chop means no new hospital or facilities for the masses. Would the public rather have a lavish disco for the few privilaged thieves or spend the money on badly need amenities. We have really got our priorities wrong in that country
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by hunkyjohn(m): 2:53pm On May 28, 2011
I love Fashola. But, does anybody have the figure? i.e. How much has the state budgeted for the event?
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by monkeyleg: 2:57pm On May 28, 2011
The article doesnt say, but I doubt one would be looking at 100's of millions or billions in some cases
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by ektbear: 3:04pm On May 28, 2011
Fashola Baba
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by Johndoe100(m): 3:26pm On May 28, 2011
You mean he is being sworn in as a gofnor? Wow I thot he was the president of Nigeria already. Anyway lets wait by the time NL is finished with him he will be the president of the world.
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by joecrack(m): 3:28pm On May 28, 2011
@monkey leg
pls sir,when next you post some news and tell us its a low or high key,it would do us good if we have the figures.
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by EkoIle1: 3:39pm On May 28, 2011
joecrack:

@monkey leg
pls sir,when next you post some news and tell us its a low or high key,it would do us good if we have the figures.

He posted according to the news article, send your suggestions to the Vanguard Newspaper.
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by rebranded(m): 4:07pm On May 28, 2011
I'm sure it can't be more than 50-100m
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by henry101(m): 4:35pm On May 28, 2011
rebranded:

Is that low or high key?
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by violent(m): 4:42pm On May 28, 2011
rebranded:

you re sure? how?
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by joecrack(m): 8:52pm On May 28, 2011
henry101:

Is that low or high key?
well then,seems we've got to have NL definition(figures) of a high or low key inaugration~as the case may be.
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by Knight1(m): 8:56pm On May 28, 2011
that fashola guy knows when and how to shine grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by joecrack(m): 8:57pm On May 28, 2011
@eko ile
i surprise say u no get the figures abi na the 'pictures' of the figures we suppose see.ehm egbon wetin dey happen.
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by friedrice1: 9:52pm On May 28, 2011
I just denounced my Nigerian Citizenship today,
Tomorrow May 29th I become a citizen of Lagos State.
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by vislabraye(m): 1:59am On May 29, 2011
If low key any need to plan ? grin . Plenty chop chop go dey for im house sha.
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by Kobojunkie: 2:11am On May 29, 2011
joecrack:

@eko ile
i surprise say u no get the figures abi na the 'pictures' of the figures we suppose see.ehm egbon wetin dey happen.

Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by eghost247(m): 4:53am On May 29, 2011
Fashola all the way
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by iudoagwu(m): 4:59am On May 29, 2011
Fashiola you are good. Keep showing examples.
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by HamidO1(m): 8:54am On May 29, 2011
Talk of class, Fashola is honestly on a different level, I expected such from GEJ considering the enormous task ahead of him and also the fact that he is handing over to no one but himself.
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by kollyp2000(m): 10:16am On May 29, 2011
Is it okay to say that Fashola is the best leader Nigeria have ever had? Anybody?
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by DAY12(m): 11:21am On May 29, 2011
See praises everywhere & corner

My score sheet= Fashola get sense pass GEJ!! grin grin grin

BRF too get brain, He promised and he delivered!

*day11 quickly jump in his kabukabu and voommmm straight to TBS*
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by hunkyjohn(m): 11:58am On May 29, 2011
As much as I support Fashola, I would have loved to see the figures first. Nobody has seen the figures yet praises abound. That is the power of propaganda. Should GEJ have done what BRF did? Just say low key and get everybody to love you more. Fashola is a very smart guy. I guess he has seen the media reaction to FG swearing in budget hence this news.

Once again, anybody that has the actual figure should please tell us.
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by beejaei: 6:13pm On May 29, 2011
There are alleged plans, no quotes, no nothing, and everyone is going crazy. Like what is the political IQ of NIgerians again?
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by EkoIle1: 6:30pm On May 29, 2011
Fashola Defies Rainfall At Children Day Marchpast

2011 Chidren's Day Parade

May 27, 2011 - This year's edition of the annual Children's Day Anniversary, which comes barely 24 hours to the end of my first tenure as Governor of Lagos State is one that I have looked forward to with a lot of anxiety and enthusiasm.

This year's event will be the last of this term as I prepare to take another oath of office for another term and as I look back on what has been possible, I must acknowledge with profound gratitude the role that children have played in the circumstances leading up to my election not only in 2007 and 2011; but also in the successes of our administration.

It is with that sense of gratitude and immense appreciation that it delights me to no end to be here today to say a big thank you to all our children all over the State.

While my gratitude goes out to every child in the State on this day and to their parents and guardians, it will be remiss of me not to mention a few children whose passion for my personal safety and success and that of our Government have been most touching, humbling and inspiring.

I re-call that during the 2007 elections, our campaign team was shot at and a few people died. On the same day in the evening shortly after 10pm, a call came through on my phone from Mr. Larry Izamoje.

His daughter, Becky who had heard the news of the attack on our team was inconsolable in the belief that something had happened to me and inspite of her father's assurances, insisted that she must speak with me to be assured.

I will never forget what happened when she came on the phone that night. She spent at least five minutes praying for me. She insisted on the phone that I close my eyes and went on to pray not only for my safety but also for our success at the polls.

Of course it is now history that we won the elections in 19 (Nineteen) Local Governments out of 20 (Twenty) with a vote of 800,000 to our nearest opponent's 300,000.

Similarly on Tuesday 26th April 2011 as I was proceeding with my wife to cast my vote, an 8 year old girl accosted me with a poster which read:

"My dear Gov. Fashola, my Mum says I can't vote because I am 8 years old. I pray that God will give you victory today"

As it is now widely acclaimed, Lagosians delivered a renewed mandate to our Party in the Gubernatorial elections with over 1,500,000 votes to our nearest opponent's 300,000 votes.

Can any person truly doubt the efficacy of prayers and good wishes of children, said in the innocence of youth? I do not.

And this is why some of the letters I have received from other children such as Omoehi Ighodalo, Moyosore Reis, Eniola Olajuwon, Nabila Shuaibu, Onosetale Ijewere have not only been framed as treasures in my office, they are constant reminders to me of the hope that these generation of children hold in my ability and that of all of us in Government. They reinforce the trust of their future in our ability.

It is an enormous responsibility and we cannot afford to betray these children.

Let me attempt to demonstrate the strongest of their beliefs and trust that this Government will always come through for them.

Eniola Olajuwon had participated in an election to be Head Boy of St. Saviours School, Ebute Metta. He had never met me. But he had promised the electorate, his school mates, that if he was voted as Head Boy he would bring the Governor of Lagos State to their School.

I got to know about this when I received an email he had pressurized his mother to send to me in an attempt to redeem an electoral promise that got him elected as Head Boy.

I obliged, by replying the e-mail and visited the School. And nothing delighted me more than to see how proud he was amongst his colleagues that his promise to them was fulfilled.

As I said on the day, I was very proud of the honour and candour with which he had set out to redeem his promise. For me it did not matter whether he eventually succeeded in getting me to the school or not. What was important was the honour with which he made an effort though his mother to redeem a promise.

The future of our country can only be better as these children of honour grow up to become men and women of honour, whose word will be their bond.

I must also share the story of Onosetale Ijewere of Corona School, Victoria Island. Her own campaign promise was to ensure that I fix the road leading to her school. The truth was that I had previously approved that remedial works be carried out on the road but when I received her letter, it certainly spurred us into action that the work had not been completed.

I am happy to note that I have received reports from our Works Department that substantial progress has been made on the road.

The story of Moyosore, Omoehi and Nabila are not different. Moyosore was a victim of many hours of traffic gridlock during the construction of the Eti-Osa – Lekki –Epe Expressway. I was saddened to hear that she had to wake up as early as 4am in order to get to school for 8am.

Part of the problems which caused the delay in the project was the mindless, inciteful and very unethical campaign by our opponents in the PDP. A road which served to bring relief to everybody, which was an award winning foreign investment model for Nigeria had become a political tool in the hands of our opponents without caring or minding the pain and cost to children like Moyosere.

Their attitude frightened our investors who withheld funding because people had been incited to resist the payment of tolls.

Can our opponents really have compensated the trauma and loss of sleep that children like Moyosere went through for weeks and months? Does their brand of politics not care about children?

Happily, I am proud to say, albeit at great cost to the State, work has resumed, progress is being made on the road and relief has gradually spread on the corridor to all and sundry including our children as travel time is daily improving.

Let me use this opportunity to state again, that our brand of politics in the Action Congress of Nigeria under my watch, will always be issue driven and ethically defined. We will play very robust and partisan politics in Lagos but we will never play politics with Lagos, its residents or its prosperity especially the future of our children.

At the start of our administration, Omoehi and Nabila had written me letters about the need for a better bus system, improved security, a cleaner State, better education and improved healthcare.

I feel very happy to report that a lot of progress has since been made with our Bus Rapid Transit system; our Police and security improvement, our refuse clean-up and polio immunization for children and healthcare system for mothers and children amongst our diverse and multifarious policies.

I am of course very proud to say that children have played a very significant role in bringing on these successes.

They have participated in many of our turn around and life changing programmes like the Climate Change Clubs, Be Road Friendly Traffic Awareness Programmes, Spelling Bee Competition, Schools Debates and School Quiz competitions that have brought significant improvements to our healthcare and environment policies, education development and traffic management.

Truly, our children have been ambassadors in word and deed.

As I conclude this year's address and look forward to seeing you all next year, I pray that God keeps you all under his watchful and protective care.

Let me once again restate that I hold your trust and beliefs in me in a very special place in my heart.

I will do everything within my power never to let you down and to provide for you, that truly brighter and rewarding future.

Happy Children's Day. God bless you all.

Eko o ni baje o!

Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN
Governor of Lagos State

Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by EkoIle1: 6:32pm On May 29, 2011

Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by beejaei: 10:47pm On May 29, 2011
Ok, it is confirmed. You are officially a Fashola propagandist. You are to fashola, what Beaf is too GEJ. I hope you guys get paid the full worth of your consciences, although they are worth pittance.
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by EkoIle1: 11:33pm On May 29, 2011
beejaei:

Ok, it is confirmed. You are officially a Fashola propagandist. You are to fashola, what Beaf is too GEJ. I hope you guys get paid the full worth of your consciences, although they are worth pittance.

lmao. this fool is still crying. You still have to ask yourself why you get heartburn every time you see Fashola.

Like I said before, Fashola is the least of your worries, you have serious personal issues,
Re: Fashola Plans Low Key Inauguration by phantom(m): 11:46pm On May 29, 2011
Eko Ile:

lmao. this fool is still crying. You still have to ask yourself why you get heartburn every time you see Fashola.

Like I said before, Fashola is the least of your worries, you have serious personal issues,

you do love jerking of to pictures of this man dont you?That would explain the craze

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alert!!! Four Army Hilux Trucks Loaded With Armed Masked Men Sighted In Kaduna / Presidency Says Nigeria Is Winning War On Corruption. / Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.