Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,478 members, 7,812,471 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami (27512 Views)

Breaking!the Supreme Court Slapped Down The Seditious Puppet Show Out Of Texas / Sowore: AGF Malami Orders DSS To Hands-Off Trial, Takes Over Case-file / Offa Robbery: AGF Malami clears Saraki, says police lack evidence against Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by RZArecta(m): 6:55pm On Sep 30, 2021
The Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, has told the ECOWAS Court that simply having the Twitter app on one’s mobile device in Nigeria constitutes the offence of sedition under the strict penal code applicable to Northern Nigeria.

Mr Malami’s argument was part of a 17-page defence document filed before the court on September 27 in response to an ongoing class action suit challenging the Buhari regime’s crackdown on Nigerians using the micro-blogging platform.

“Furthermore, it is apt to note that the possible prosecution of violator(s) does not only lie against the use and operation of Twitter in Nigeria, a careful examination of section 419 of the Penal Code (Northern States) Federal Provisions Act shows that the installation of Twitter App alone could suffice as an offence under the section, that is the offence of possession seditious articles,” the court document said.

In the argument presented by lawyers from the Ministry of Justice, including Maimuna Lami Shiru and Enock Simon, Mr Malami asserted that having the mobile application installed on one’s device also constitutes the possession of seditious articles under the Penal Code.

The Federal Government outlines four offences actionable under the Penal Code of Northern Nigeria. The offences include inciting disaffection to the government, exciting hatred between classes, possession of seditious articles, and importation of prohibited publications.

These offences are all pursuant to the Penal Code (Northern States) Federal Provisions Act, though it was unclear why the Buhari-led regime would apply a set of laws drafted for a portion of the country over Nigeria’s multiethnic and multi-religious population of about 200 million people.

The consolidated lawsuit before the regional court was filed by a coalition of activists and media houses, including Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project and Peoples Gazette, challenging the banning of Twitter’s operations in the country. The court has adjourned till January 2022 for ruling.

In June, after the ban had been announced by information minister Lai Mohammed, Mr Malami directed for the immediate prosecution of offenders of the ban despite violating it himself.

https://gazettengr.com/installing-twitter-seditious-under-penal-code-of-northern-nigeria-agf-malami-tells-court

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by Mastakija(m): 6:57pm On Sep 30, 2021
Yinmu

14 Likes

Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by FallenShitHole: 6:59pm On Sep 30, 2021
Islamic Republic of nigeria. Ndi one nigeria, where are all you fools? Especially the Useful idiot Igbos.

228 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by RZArecta(m): 6:59pm On Sep 30, 2021
Attorney General of the Federation grin

174 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by delzbaba(m): 7:00pm On Sep 30, 2021
You people don't understand that when you appoint a sharia lawyer into a secular legal position, he will only interpret everything using sharia law. malami is a half baked cigarette guzzling numbskull.

361 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by Charmingrascal(m): 7:01pm On Sep 30, 2021
Yet you think the daily killings in Christian populated areas are not pre-planned by these jihadists

Even the ex convicts Zakyzaky wants an Islamic Republic of Nigeria and he says majority of Nigerians are in support.

O ye foolish Southern Christians screaming one Nigeria have you seen your life outside

267 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by Vulcanheph(m): 7:01pm On Sep 30, 2021
I don't have the strength to read what the idiot said.... Someone should please summarize for me.

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 30, 2021
Malami.
Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by rayvelez(m): 7:03pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nigeria AGF lol it’s just funny when we have illiterate holding a sensitive post in govt.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by saintjimos(m): 7:07pm On Sep 30, 2021
How did we get here
Who did we offend na, make I go plead for mercy

Executives will just be saying anything they feel like without any process and the men on black will just use it to make money

Where's the Nigeria Constitution?
Has it been suspended ?

Which one is northern Nigeria panel code again , it's applicable to the north na

And tomorrow they will be shouting indepence grin

33 Likes

Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by TearNinja001: 7:10pm On Sep 30, 2021
Anytime I see malami, I know he's going to spew trash.

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by Samunique(m): 7:12pm On Sep 30, 2021
Which one be penal code-northern Nigeria na ?

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by unbitchable(m): 7:27pm On Sep 30, 2021
The consequence of voting jihadists into power.

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by chrisxxx(m): 7:27pm On Sep 30, 2021
And Malami is a SAN!

27 Likes

Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by chatinent: 7:32pm On Sep 30, 2021
In case of an emergency arrest, Fani Kayode uses Twitter.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by pacino26(m): 7:33pm On Sep 30, 2021
If my eye serve me well and my brain still coouting well as in the days of Godman. Did I just read Northern Nigeria Penal Code in defense of breaching the fundamental rights enshrined in the 1999 constitution by our supposed AGF?

One Nigeria, two constitution. Can we charge the AGF for treason! Unless Northern Nigeria is the capital of Niger.

The Federal Government outlines four offences actionable under the Penal Code of Northern Nigeria. The offences include inciting disaffection to the government, exciting hatred between classes, possession of seditious articles, and importation of prohibited publications.

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by Authoreety: 7:45pm On Sep 30, 2021
Vbb
Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by WibusJaga: 7:46pm On Sep 30, 2021

In summary he said having twitter app on your device is a treasonable offence under Northern Nigeria penal code.

Una de see how these mumu people de use their hands de divide this country yet they will tell us one Nigeria. Amalgamation of N & S Nigeria should never have been.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by inoki247: 7:46pm On Sep 30, 2021
ok allow am for the southern part since e no dey under any law here....

Since u guys av choose to be backward...

19 Likes

Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by nairaman66(m): 7:46pm On Sep 30, 2021
Malam + Mumu= Malami

What a senile!!!

27 Likes

Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by marttye(f): 7:46pm On Sep 30, 2021
Under true federalism, state government via their
parliament decide what goes.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by Felabrity: 7:48pm On Sep 30, 2021
Shattap

Penal code kii you there

11 Likes

Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by Evanderbright: 7:48pm On Sep 30, 2021
Yet idiots will insult Igbos for wanting Biafra
Is the plan of islamization not clear enough.
Why are you roping igbos,a predominantly Christian tribe into your sharia republic?
Let me see any bas.tard insult igbos for wanting a country of their own.

Useless cursed nation filled with jihadists

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by JosephXavier: 7:48pm On Sep 30, 2021
What other evidence do we need to see before we believe that northern Nigeria and southern Nigeria are not meant to be together

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by WhatCanIsay(m): 7:48pm On Sep 30, 2021
In all honesty I find this too unbelievable to take serious. I just checked my calendar, we are in September, today ain't 1st of April.

Which one is penal code of Northern Nigeria?? Please someone tell me that it's a serious joke, that both Malami and Gazzette are just pulling our legs.

I have no further comment. It's not the truth.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by tunize(m): 7:48pm On Sep 30, 2021
Vulcanheph:
I don't have the strength to read what the idiot said.... Someone should please summarize for me.
Simple having twitter alone on your phone is an offense
In pigin to get twitter for phone na offense against law
In Chinese 簡單地在手機上單獨使用推特是一種冒犯

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by Corroro: 7:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
The north is a prison

16 Likes

Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
Okay
Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by elonmuskbaby: 7:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
Awon werey

Shey Na the people wey dey wan dey call us Nigerians together be this?with this dirty,crude uncivilized barbarian abokis

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by Mikeman123(m): 7:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
This sounds strange.. nsogbu dikwa

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Installing Twitter Seditious Under Penal Code Of Northern Nigeria - AGF Malami by Marketeta: 7:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Reconciliation: Bola Tinubu, Tambuwal And Wamakko Meet (Photos) / Aisha Buhari Visits Baby Musa At National Hospital, Abuja(Pics) / Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.