Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,579 members, 7,837,186 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Human Resource Professionals: - Career (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Human Resource Professionals: (333226 Views)

How Much Do Human Resource Professionals With A Masters Degree Earn? / Human Resource Management In Canada / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yigarbaba: 3:45pm On Nov 05, 2010
@my peace,
thanks for the early reply to my post in the morning!!! i know operation research is tuff, i guess i can still catch up, abi!!!do you have any idea with rgrds to their pricing!!!!
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by nonnyno(m): 6:03am On Nov 09, 2010
hello all! Please i need your advice. I read mass comm in d university but now found myself in HR/Admin. Actually, it was my first job as a PA that linked to me to HR. now i ve another job in a media house and they deployed me to HR b'cos they are heavily understaffed there and my experience. I was planning to request for change but i am gradually falling in luv wit HR and have equally made great impact there. Now i want to go for my masters but i don't know d field to go to; Hr or comm? And my career, should i continue wit Hr? Does mass comm and Hr ve any relationship? I am a member of NIM and i like Public relations practice. Your advice please!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by lee007(m): 11:37am On Nov 11, 2010
Hello All,

Please i need some advise/help here. I am an HR Generalist with over 3 Years expperience in the Private Sector.

I however inted to relocate to Abuja but i have discovered that finding Human Resource Jobs in Abuja is quite a challenge.

I would appreciate if anyone in the house can link me up with one or provide info. Please

I Major in Talent Sourcing.Trainning. Performance Management. Employee Relations and Org Dev.

Thanx!
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by otuwe(f): 6:27pm On Nov 11, 2010
pls how do i apply for CIPM

i need details plssss
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Recruitoo: 10:30am On Nov 15, 2010
Principles of Human Resource Management, the first of the HR Boot Camp
Series is designed to introduce participants to essential Human Resources
Management concepts and techniques. The programme is a comprehensive
review of key Human Resources processes as they support the achievement of business results. This programme provides an opportunity to gain insight
into contemporary HR principles as taught by experienced HR Professionals,

Who should attend?
* Human Resources Managers
* Human Resources Professionals
* Professionals transiting into a Human Resources role

Topics covered:

*HR Management: An overview
*HR Strategy and Business Result
*Recruitment and Selection
*Performance Management
*Training and Development
*Compensation and Reward Management
*Career Management
*HR Career Options
*Key Skills for HR Professionals

Fees: N35,000 per person (Course pack and lunch will be provided)
To Register Contact: Lanre on 0705 549 7357 or 01 826 1894 or email the
completed registration form to info@kendorconsulting.com
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by ifunayam(f): 2:22pm On Nov 16, 2010
Good day Yemmight,

Thanks for the good work, more grease to your elbows. Please check your email, i've just sent you a mail.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by iolawore: 9:32am On Nov 25, 2010
We are a systems integration company with Headoffice in Lagos.

We seek to recruit an HR professional with cognate years of experience in retention; Payroll, Health benefits, pension management, employee compensation and benefits, etc?

Pls forward your CV to poetchi@hotmail.com with the position as subject ASAP.

Salary is very attractive
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by lolarde(f): 11:33am On Nov 27, 2010
hi. am eyeing the hr career and i really need someone to put me thru the basics. i work for a small firm in their hr dept but the exposure there is not enuff. pls any help from the house wld be appreciated. tks
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by achmed1(m): 1:01am On Dec 10, 2010
@all i recently enrolled cipm. Am not sure if i can cover d sylabus b4 feb diet. I wud like 2 know if d study pack given at d secretariat is suficient 2 prepare nd pass d exam. I wud b startin frm intermidiate 2. I wud b self studyin. Tips on what topics 2 concentrate on wil b appreciated
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Nezed(f): 8:43am On Dec 13, 2010
achmed1:

@all i recently enrolled cipm. Am not sure if i can cover d sylabus b4 feb diet. I wud like 2 know if d study pack given at d secretariat is suficient 2 prepare nd pass d exam. I wud b startin frm intermidiate 2. I wud b self studyin. Tips on what topics 2 concentrate on wil b appreciated

Hi Achmed1,
Am also writing the exams in Feb 2011 for Int II though i attend lectures. However, since you are self studying, i will advise you concentrate a lot of energy on Comparative Mgt. That course is voluminous and residual knowledge 'may' not apply. I cannot say exactly which topics you should concentrate on in the courses but i think laying your hands on past question papers should do alongside your readings.

Good luck to us all.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Stdomain(f): 4:56pm On Dec 13, 2010
Hi everybody,

I am interested in HR and hope to build a career in it.
How do I become a member of CIPM. I reside in abj.

Thanks.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 11:24am On Dec 14, 2010
@ St Dominion,

Check this location in Abuja, you will be informed of every requirement. I am also in Abuja presently and I have visited them once. Gud luck.

18. Telmark & Associates Ltd
C 52/55 Efab Shopping Mall
Annex Area 11 Garki, Abuja
Tel: 08037879543, 08054249485
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by achmed1(m): 12:04am On Dec 17, 2010
@Nezed thanx much 4 ur reply. Actually i read comparative mgt twice b4 readin others, cos its scarily voluminous. I just hope i can cover it b4 january, so i can start revision.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by hallyman: 12:56pm On Dec 18, 2010
CareerSeam is currently recruiting Senor Marketer that will market Recruitment and Talent Management Services in Nigeria.
Candidates with 5 years post NYSC ecperience in the telecomms industry can

visit www.CareerSeam.com portal to view details and apply.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by dubem3(m): 1:55pm On Dec 19, 2010
since there are a lot of you here'
i imagine u'ld be willing and able to help me.
i want to study human resources as a masters course
but the problem is,
no naija university seems to be offering the course.
i may not have looked well enuogh,
please i'ld like you to advice me on what schools to checkout.
thank you
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Lumdee: 11:37pm On Dec 19, 2010
@Dubem, unilag offers a master degree in Industrial Relations and Personnel Management (Full time) and Master in Industrial and Labour Relations (Part time).
I think University of Ibadan equally offers a master degree prog in Human Resources, check their websites for more details.
Wish you the best.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by afroxyz: 9:19am On Dec 20, 2010
Plz i heard there is a south african HR certification one can get in 2wks.does anyone know about it and how mch it costs?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by achmed1(m): 4:44pm On Dec 20, 2010
^^^alternatively one can go 4 an mba with concentration on hr mgt .Unilag offer such
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by dubem3(m): 8:13pm On Dec 22, 2010
thanks lumdee
i'll get back to you after i've made enquiries
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by barry40: 11:22am On Dec 23, 2010
Are you talking about people with HR certification or it includes other professionals such as accountants that render recruitment services. We should also remember that there are some recruitment websites where information about careers/vacancies are posted. If what you want includes the aforementioned groups of individuals, there are websites that provide the services. On request, I can make the list of the ones I know to you. This can benefit other members of the forum too.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 27, 2010
Deals Affair helps Nigerians enjoy the best offers, discounts, bonanzas, special promotions and unbeatable prices around them.

Our service helps customers buy smart and save money and businesses use this to attract new customers to their products and services.

Links
www.dealsaffair.com

www.facebook.com/dealsaffair

www.twitter.com/dealsaffair
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Nezed(f): 8:18am On Dec 29, 2010
Hello All,
Anyone with a concrete date as to the CIPM exams-February diet?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by dupsy2: 12:48am On Jan 18, 2011
hi ppl, just came accross this site, and hv spent the last hour goin through what everyone has to offer,
YOU GUYS R DOIN A GREAT JOB.
im presently not workin in hr but hv my cipm, while i await my dream job, im hopin d house can advice me on the nx hr relevant training/cource/certification to attempt. im already working on my masters.
really i seriously believe in d definition of luck as === oppurtunity meets preparation. and i believe now is d time to prepare.
so guys, what nx would u advice.
thanks
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by DisGuy: 7:44am On Jan 21, 2011
HR people

what exactly do you do with info such as, state of origin, LGA, Date of birth and marital status that is required on nigerian CVs? and application forms?

Does this in anyway have anything to do with the ability to perform or it's a case of na so i see am na so we do am? tongue
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by AjanleKoko: 8:46am On Jan 21, 2011
Dis Guy:

HR people

what exactly do you do with info such as, state of origin, LGA, Date of birth and marital status that is required on nigerian CVs? and application forms?

Does this in anyway have anything to do with the ability to perform or it's a case of na so i see am na so we do am?  tongue

They're relevant information oh, especially in the Nigerian context.

Age, state of origin, and marital status may have some bearing on the job itself. Entry level jobs usually have a cut off age in Nigeria, marital status may have some implication (for example a married woman might not be the best fit for a field job in hazardous conditions and/or long hours), and state of origin is usually considered by even MNCs to ensure they are in line with Federal Character. The laws of Nigeria and the peculiarities of the environment necessitate some of these things.

I guess it is the same everywhere. You might not put that stuff on your CV in , say, the UK,  but when you show up for interviews, there'll probably be some means of collecting that information. For us in Nig, it helps to cut to the chase, and not have to interview the 50 million graduates that show up for every interview, every time.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by DisGuy: 9:19am On Jan 21, 2011
I was thinking most of these stuff have to do with government job really, because I doubt they are enforced in anyway; maybe they are required to collect the information but a company in ogun will never have to explain why it didn't employ anyone from Taraba for example

A bit like the nysc stuff too, It use to be just compulsory for government jobs but now even private companies make it compulsory

AjanleKoko:

They're relevant information oh, especially in the Nigerian context.

I guess it is the same everywhere. You might not put that stuff on your CV in , say, the UK,  but when you show up for interviews, there'll probably be some means of collecting that information. For us in Nig, it helps to cut to the chase, and not have to interview the 50 million graduates that show up for every interview, every time.

True but there aren't compulsory and you'll never find them on the form

You mean you its possible to whittle down suitably qualified applicants based on the LGA, State of Origin and marital status?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by MyPeace(f): 10:31am On Jan 21, 2011
Please my good people. l need this info urgently, has to complete an assignment for my boss today with it.

What laws and regulations governs HR role in nigeria?

l can only remeber the following:

1.Pension Act 2004. (contributary RSA and Group life assurance)
2Workman Compensation Act 2004 -now Employee compensation act 2010 -does anybody have access to this new act or how is it different from that of 2004.
3. NHIS Act - HMOs

Please let me know any other one, the coy wants to know the laws and regulations the coys complies with. for now we comply with these, but l want to know if there is any?

Again, is there a law that says employee must join a trade union?

Expecting your answers please.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by AjanleKoko: 10:38am On Jan 21, 2011
Dis Guy:

I was thinking most of these stuff have to do with government job really, because I doubt they are enforced in anyway; maybe they are required to collect the information but a company in ogun will never have to explain why it didn't employ anyone from Taraba for example

A bit like the nysc stuff too, It use to be just compulsory for government jobs but now even private companies make it compulsory

True but there aren't compulsory and you'll never find them on the form

You mean you its possible to whittle down suitably qualified applicants based on the LGA, State of Origin and marital status?

Government makes the NYSC compulsory for everybody; whether government or private companies. I honestly do not know what sanctions are available if you employ staff that don't pass through NYSC, but I am aware it's the law.

As per the state and LGA stuff, you know there is Federal Character legislation in Nigeria. Even private companies are expected to distribute hiring sufficiently across the geopolitical zones, depending where in Nigeria they are operating. It's a government thing, but it's some kind of unwritten expectation that your hiring should reflect the diversity of either your stakeholders (board members) or the government itself.

A bank that is operating nationally is not really expected to take staff from the South to run its branches up north. But when they advertise, they have to use the national press, cos the local press in the North may not be as developed as the one from the South. So when they do, they ask for all that info upfront, so they can shortlist the likely candidates. I remember in one company I worked, where the HR person got into trouble when she presented a report at the board meeting, which showed that a significant percentage of the staff were from the CEO's state and local government area. The other board members were furious.

Another example is the oil and gas sector. There are usually quota reserved for host communities, like Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, etc. An oil company may well find itself hiring majority Yoruba indigenes simply because its head office is in Lagos, and Yorubas have a geographical advantage. But taking those Yorubas to work in the Delta will likely create a major issue. So you may well find specific jobs zoned to indigenes of these communities, even if other applicants are better qualified, they won't be considered.

These things may sound weird but I guess they're necessitated by the peculiarity of the environment. Laws in the UK are liberal, but I doubt if the same situation is applicable in Nigeria, where people have the mindset of 'national cake'. It's not even a government or leadership thing; to a large extent Nigerians are not liberal. You can't blame them either. It's just the way people see things.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by MyPeace(f): 1:11pm On Jan 21, 2011
@AjanleKoko

pls can you comment on my question.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 12:07pm On Jan 26, 2011
@my peace,

Have you gotten what you asked for?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (91) (Reply)

Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! / Salary In The Nigerian Army? / Any HSE Professionals In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.