Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Human Resource Professionals: - Career (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Human Resource Professionals: (332270 Views)

How Much Do Human Resource Professionals With A Masters Degree Earn? / Human Resource Management In Canada / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by AjanleKoko: 10:30am On Jan 27, 2011
Sorry Mypeace.
Nigerian Labour Act, Chapter 198, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 1990.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by MyPeace(f): 2:50pm On Jan 27, 2011
yemmight:

@my peace,

Have you gotten what you asked for?

I have got some but not all. I am doing a Compliance Evaluation. I am still looking for ITF Act, and ILO Act, need to know what laws there affects my HR role and whether or not d coy is abiding with them. Dont have any access to these.

have the following
Labour Act
Workman compensation
insurance act
NHIS Act
Pension Act

As per the email l sent to you, l have clear understanding of it now.

AjanleKoko:

Sorry Mypeace.
Nigerian Labour Act, Chapter 198, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 1990.

Thank you very much, l have been looking for the date of issue of the labour act.

1 Like

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by DisGuy: 4:48pm On Jan 27, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Government makes the NYSC compulsory for everybody; whether government or private companies. I honestly do not know what sanctions are available if you employ staff that don't pass through NYSC, but I am aware it's the law.

As per the state and LGA stuff, you know there is Federal Character legislation in Nigeria. Even private companies are expected to distribute hiring sufficiently across the geopolitical zones, depending where in Nigeria they are operating. It's a government thing, but it's some kind of unwritten expectation that your hiring should reflect the diversity of either your stakeholders (board members) or the government itself.

A bank that is operating nationally is not really expected to take staff from the South to run its branches up north. But when they advertise, they have to use the national press, cos the local press in the North may not be as developed as the one from the South. So when they do, th[b]ey ask for all that info upfront, so they can shortlist the likely candidates. I remember in one company I worked, where the HR person got into trouble when she presented a report at the board meeting, which showed that a significant percentage of the staff were from the CEO's state and local government area. The other board members were furious.[/b]

Another example is the oil and gas sector. There are usually quota reserved for host communities, like Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, etc. An oil company may well find itself hiring majority Yoruba indigenes simply because its head office is in Lagos, and Yorubas have a geographical advantage. But taking those Yorubas to work in the Delta will likely create a major issue. So you may well find specific jobs zoned to indigenes of these communities, even if other applicants are better qualified, they won't be considered.

These things may sound weird but I guess they're necessitated by the peculiarity of the environment. Laws in the UK are liberal, but I doubt if the same situation is applicable in Nigeria, where people have the mindset[b] of 'national cake'.[/b] It's not even a government or leadership thing; to a large extent Nigerians are not liberal. You can't blame them either. It's just the way people see things.

No wonder cheesy
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 7:21pm On Jan 27, 2011
@my peace

Please find below ITF ACT. I think you will get everything you need here.

www.itf-nigeria.com/
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by MyPeace(f): 8:43am On Jan 28, 2011
yemmight:

@my peace

Please find below ITF ACT. I think you will get everything you need here.

www.itf-nigeria.com/

Thx alots! l so much appreciate.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by dupsy2: 10:37pm On Jan 31, 2011
hi people, pls can someone help me with sites where one can get relevanrt hr materials
i think its important for one to better himself about current hppenings and general info cheesy
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by aduhube: 3:21am On Feb 01, 2011
A christian brother needs a job. Please help. agbochriss@yahoo.com 08034920805.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by melodytoda: 1:05pm On Feb 02, 2011
Please everybody,

I'd like to know the appraisal system adopted by KPMG, Accenture and PWC. i.e 360 degree, 180 degree e.t.c.

I also need samples of the appraisal forms.

I'd be glad if anyone can help.

Thank you all.

This HR section is wonderful.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 10:25am On Feb 07, 2011
melodytoda:

Please everybody,

I'd like to know the appraisal system adopted by KPMG, Accenture and PWC. i.e 360 degree, 180 degree e.t.c.

I also need samples of the appraisal forms.

I'd be glad if anyone can help.

Thank you all.

This HR section is wonderful.

Whats ur e:mail add?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by iearn: 12:13pm On Feb 07, 2011
do hr professionals consider cost cutting strategies when taking HRM decisions; if so which
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by melodytoda: 12:39pm On Feb 07, 2011
my e-mail is

Thank you.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 3:27pm On Feb 07, 2011
iearn:

do hr professionals consider cost cutting strategies when taking HRM decisions; if so which

Every organisation has embarked on cost cutting strategies in recent time but it all depend on policies you operate.

Recruitment
Previously, most of the organization engage services of recruitment agencies in virtually all the position but recruiments are done in house. Recruiitment adverts are placed on so many web and responses are always alarming.

Outsourcing
Some jobs have been outsourced as a result of cost usually incurred in-house. Jobs like cleaning services, canteen etc

Payroll
I used to have a large organization with about 1,250 employees aross the country on thier payroll. Previously, a total number of eight staff were dedicated to manage the payroll both from HR unit and Account. Evaluation was carried out and it became appriopriate to outsource the payroll.

Training and Development
Though employee development though training is key but in ensuring we keep the orgonisation running, there's strict identification of training need within the org. Such identification will not be a wide-range of the company. This, some money will be saved.

Downsizing
This, I assume should always be the last option because we must ensure we are not making a mistake. Understaffing loses the business economies of scale and specialization, orders, customers and profits. Overstaffing is wasteful and expensive, very importantly, overstaffing reduces the competitive efficiency of the business. While implemention this, we can also introduce a multi-skilling exercise whereby one person can as well handle mutliple tasks.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by iearn: 10:27am On Feb 08, 2011
HRM Recruitment managers need websites like; www.i-earn.org where recruiters
1. Register their firm
2. Can post jobs
3. Can screen applicants and
4. at the same time enter their company into a business directory
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by iearn: 10:28am On Feb 08, 2011
please tell me what you think
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Dayoeji: 9:17pm On Feb 12, 2011
Hi all,

I'm just wondering what my chances of getting a good hr role in Nigeria is with UK qualifications and experience

I currently have an MA/CIPD in HR from a good Univeristy in the UK and currently work in one of the largest UK banks (also have close to 2yrs hr experience here in UK).

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by babyzze(f): 12:35pm On Feb 17, 2011
Hi All,

I have just been asked to part of a training team in my company , please help me with training materials on customer service and maintaining a corporate image/internal branding.my email is babyzze at yahoo.com

Thank you
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by iearn: 10:48am On Feb 21, 2011
yemmight:

Every organisation has embarked on cost cutting strategies in recent time but it all depend on policies you operate.

Recruitment
Previously, most of the organization engage services of recruitment agencies in virtually all the position but recruiments are done in house. Recruiitment adverts are placed on so many web and responses are always alarming.

Outsourcing
Some jobs have been outsourced as a result of cost usually incurred in-house. Jobs like cleaning services, canteen etc

Payroll
I used to have a large organization with about 1,250 employees aross the country on thier payroll. Previously, a total number of eight staff were dedicated to manage the payroll both from HR unit and Account. Evaluation was carried out and it became appriopriate to outsource the payroll.

Training and Development
Though employee development though training is key but in ensuring we keep the orgonisation running, there's strict identification of training need within the org. Such identification will not be a wide-range of the company. This, some money will be saved.

Downsizing
This, I assume should always be the last option because we must ensure we are not making a mistake. Understaffing loses the business economies of scale and specialization, orders, customers and profits. Overstaffing is wasteful and expensive, very importantly, overstaffing reduces the competitive efficiency of the business. While implemention this, we can also introduce a multi-skilling exercise whereby one person can as well handle mutliple tasks.

the part I'm really interested in is the recruitment area; in africa today advertising jobs costs upwards of NGN5000 per job, now assume u looking to recruit for 10 positions, one is pay NGN50,000.00 or more at once. After posting screening has its own costs as well
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by cjleee4fun: 11:48am On Feb 21, 2011
So how do i get evolved with iearn?
and how sure are the benefits?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by iearn: 12:12pm On Feb 21, 2011
cjleee4fun:

U can get Involved with www.i-earn.org if u r
a job seeker
a recruiter/employer
or a company just looking to join a directory
ALL U HAVE TO DO IS REGISTER AND GET ALL THIS FREE
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by iearn: 12:16pm On Feb 21, 2011
cjleee4fun:

WITH www.i-earn.org
EMPLOYERS OR RECRUITERS CAN POST JOBS THEMSELVES FOR FREE AND ALSO SCREEN THOUSANDS OF APPLICATIONS
JOB SEEKERS CAN GET JOBS TAILORED TO THEIR EXPERIENCE/EDUCATIONS
BUSINESSES CAN BE SEARCHED OUT WITH EASE
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by iearn: 1:17pm On Feb 21, 2011
IS THE CREATION OF JOBS PART OF THE NIGERIAN SEVEN POINT AGENDA?
IF NO; WHY NOT?
IF YES; WHAT IS THE PLAN TO CREATE JOBS IN NIGERIA

THIS IS A QUESTION TO POLITICIANS HOW WANT TO BE VOTED INTO OFFICE BY THE YOUTH THEY HAVE CHOSEN TO NEGLECT

ALSO HOW CAN HRM PROFESSIONAL LEND A HAND TO THE UNEMPLOYMENT CRISIS IN, NOT JUST NIGERIA BUT AFRICA AS A WHOLE
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by iearn: 8:59am On Mar 04, 2011
Win $1000 in African Recruiter Competition
Do you work as a Recruiter or a HRM Manager in charge of recruiting in Africa?
Then come compete for $1000 to be the Fisher Of Talent 2011

Register by sending your CV to opsmcompany@yahoo.com.

To win the $1000 the recriuter must
Post the most jobs on www.i-earn.org (FREE)
Critic and evaluate www.i-earn.org (FREE)
Tell other recruiters about the competition

For More details Call 08161609821 or email opsmcompany@yahoo.com.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Gordonbar: 2:26pm On Mar 11, 2011
Please can anyone provide the steps involved in costing of HR Audit.

Example if one is carring out an HR Audit (limited to Hiring Practices and Procedures along side Skill and competency Level) for an organisation of 35 employees the ideal cost should be-----------------------
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by diida: 7:57pm On May 19, 2011
Hi,
I just finished an international Msc in Management and wish to further my career in HRM, i am confused between joining the CIPD or CIPM, can you please put me through.
Thank you in advance.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by afroxyz: 9:31pm On May 27, 2011
Should i pay for training on the use of sage pastel payroll software? I mean is it a relevant software in the nigerian hr industry? Also where can i get past questions on CIPM exams
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by dannycom(m): 9:16pm On May 31, 2011
hi,practical catfish farming offers intensive one on one training made solely for those who are determined to succeed in catfish farming business.
you will discover
how to hatch and breed
how to market your fish
how to make at least #100,000 in 6weeks
you can start with #20,000 from home
for training call kaykay farms on 08026224955,07056851327
you can also call us for seminal in your church,schools,association,companies.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by kehnie: 9:45am On Jun 02, 2011
Hello,
I am a secretary in an organization with an MBA in HRM, I will like to contribute to my organization by starting an Hr dept since none exit,How do I go about it please,tips,proposal will be highly welcome and can be forwarded to me, to my email address kennylakenny@yahoo.com.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 11:14pm On Jun 03, 2011
@afro
U can pay for sage pasyel as regards payroll and human resourse information sys. Its very relevant.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 11:21pm On Jun 03, 2011
@kennie
Setting up an human resourse uni involve coming up with hr.policies that will guide u.I will try and and send some of this proposals to u inspite my busy schedules since ur email is available just follow up
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 11:24pm On Jun 03, 2011
@diida
If u hv cipd already no problem but if u wish to practice in nigeria pls do have ur cipm coz its relevant here in nigeria.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by kehnie: 10:43am On Jun 04, 2011
Thanks Yemight,

I will be expecting the proposal and still looking forward to more tips from other people too.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Lumdee: 9:47pm On Jun 09, 2011
@yemmight, i would appreciate if you send a copy of the proposal to my email id, freetunad2004@yahoo.com
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (91) (Reply)

Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! / Salary In The Nigerian Army? / Any HSE Professionals In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.