Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Human Resource Professionals: - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Human Resource Professionals: (332663 Views)

How Much Do Human Resource Professionals With A Masters Degree Earn? / Human Resource Management In Canada / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by baj: 6:12pm On Aug 22, 2007
Hello all,
I am very very very glad that this forum exists, I was reading this website when i stumbled on this forum .
I am an HR Manager working in a small telecoms company in lagos. This is a wonderful opportunity to share with others on the day to day experiences of HR.

I have a masters in HR and belong to the CIPD (UK). Right now i am happy to just listen and learn but hopefully i will definetely be contributeing. Please keep up the good work.

Baj
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by oluyele(f): 10:14am On Aug 27, 2007
Hi yemmight,

I really have a desire to be an HR professional and i have a less than a year HR experience at a consulting firm. i need to hobnob with cos i think u r an HR guru.

Please can i glean from your field of knowledge and i am currently working with an educational management firm and its boring. I want to do HR. Can you help me please?

Thanks a lot Yemmight

My email addys are oluadebiyi@gmail.com, yeledebiyi@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 3:19pm On Aug 29, 2007
The underlisted Functions I considered as HR, we shall be discussing on each of them. Please feel free to share your knowledge on each of them so that we can always apply it in the discharge of our day-day activities:-

• Compensation and Benefit
• Performance Management
• Motivation and Improvement
• Labour and Employee Relations
• Knowledge Management
• Organization Development
• Staffing and Selection
• Training and Development
• Human Resource Software & Information Systems
• Financial Management
• Change Management
• Legal
• Information Management
• Industrial Relations
• Career Management.
• Manpower Planning
• Employee Orientation Programme

Please do make this an interactive discussion.

Best regards.

1 Like

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 30, 2007
hello y'all. i just started work at a small firm and i've been made hr/admin manager. i have little or no experience in this and i am currently just learning and picking bits and pieces, so ild need people to pour out suggestions as to ways i can improve and how to bring growth and a positive change in this firm and also new policies and stuff like that i can put in place. this would be really helpful to me and i look forward to torrents of suggestions. thanks.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 09, 2007
@Yemmight
Yemi Do you have a sound and powerful CIPM tutorials i can attend,i will be rounding off my BSc in HRM by next year and i need to start my professional lessons asap, Please kindly advise on what i need to do,exemptions etc, am based in Lagos, email opeyemi_seun@yahoo.com
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by maddock(m): 1:50pm On Sep 11, 2007
All you H.R professionals in the house,just posted a thread about opportunity for HR Manager in Victoria Island,you may wanna give it a shot.Check Urgent Vacancies in job and career section.Take kias
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yvy1(f): 7:45am On Sep 12, 2007
elnuga:

@Yemmight
Yemi Do you have a sound and powerful CIPM tutorials i can attend,i will be rounding off my BSc in HRM by next year and i need to start my professional lessons asap, Please kindly advise on what i need to do,exemptions etc, am based in Lagos, email opeyemi_seun@yahoo.com

@Yemmight:

Pls Post your advise for we budding HR people. Thank you very much as I know we'll benefit from it too.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Alua: 10:13pm On Sep 12, 2007
All the posts r so rich.I am always happy and lifted whenever i read these posts by u all.Good job.I am a lawyer by profession but is going into HR.I am likely to have an interview with a HR firm,pls can anyone feel me in on what to expect,the kind of likely questions to be asked,and the way to respond to make a good impression.All i need to know and prepare for. Thanks. smiley
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by soulonfire(f): 5:32am On Sep 13, 2007
WAOW, thank God we have HRs in the house. Could you pls enlighten us wrt wot u really look out for in a cv. I min wot has a cv got to have or look like to get your attention. I'm sure theres somtin u HR folks look out for in a cv. Wot presentation must a cv have to get ur attention and wot presentation iritates or bores u.

thank you sooo much.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by deezzle(m): 2:35pm On Sep 13, 2007
My Client , A group HR Manager in an insurance coy in Lagos wants an assistant.
Candidate should have 5years experience in HR.
Interested? Call me on 08053303730 or IM me on deleneye@yahoo.com.
Bye
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 12:58pm On Sep 16, 2007
Please find attached are two separate adverts for Tuesday, 18, September, 2007 in Guardian Newspapers. The Advert is from my company. If you have people that are suitable for the positions, they should apply directly to my mail box and I promise I will call them for interview.

1 Like

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 12:59pm On Sep 16, 2007
Please find attached are two separate adverts for Tuesday, 18, September, 2007 in Guardian Newspapers. The Advert is from my company. If you have people that are suitable for the positions, they should apply directly to my mail box and I promise I will call them for interview.

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by prettyblaz: 12:27pm On Sep 19, 2007
am really gald that this forum exists. Am not new to hr but i just started applying most of what i know.
i think i will help others by attaching books and all that that will equip our skills.

keep this forum alive!
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 12:32pm On Sep 20, 2007
Please find attached a powerpoint on how you can conviniently do a good presentation if u have not been presenting

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 12:56pm On Sep 20, 2007
Please find attached a presentation on leadership skills; I believe you find it interesting as you read.

1 Share

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Dcarding(m): 4:41pm On Sep 20, 2007
Hi yemmight,
Thanks for all your advise and informatiom.pls can i have your email.HR practitional too.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Dcarding(m): 4:44pm On Sep 20, 2007
Hi yemmight,
Thanks for your valuable information.Pls. can i have your email address.
Am HR practitional too
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 4:51pm On Sep 20, 2007
yemmylove3@hotmail.com, o_olayemi@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by prettyblaz: 12:22pm On Sep 21, 2007
Men yemmight you are really good.
am just a graduate (not served) who got a challanging to mann the HR of an IT company pls i will be needing your help always.
ppl like you are what still keeps me going in my work place. Yeah i have piror knowledge of Hr but all that where theoritical now am getting practical and i dont wanna mess up.
pls anything just be sending my mailbox is chubbybabynelly@yahoo.com
Of course i have collected you mail too.
hoping i hear from ya.

keep the forum alive!
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by zibosagie: 1:05pm On Sep 21, 2007
hi all,

am intrested in this topic, i am a human resource consultant working with a bank. hrm is a very intresting proffession, u need the ability to manage people, tolerate people and settle conflict arising from differences in background, culture and environment.

u could join the Chartered Institute of Personnel Mgt, Association of Negotiator and Mediators, Chartered Institute of Personnel and develpment, read on Labour law, attend courses on human resource management, read up issues about psycology development and many others.

lets look at the topic not only from the "hrm departments in organizations" point of view. look at hr as a process of managing people. anyone who wants to be a hr consultant should be a leader. check yourself, do u have the qualities of a leader?

2 Likes

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by prettyblaz: 11:26pm On Sep 23, 2007
stuffs for u all

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by prettyblaz: 11:31pm On Sep 23, 2007
some more

1 Share

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by prettyblaz: 11:33pm On Sep 23, 2007
so much more!

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 3:55pm On Sep 24, 2007
Find attached 50 interview questions. This is useful for both interviewee and interviewer. As HR practitioner, you need also to know appropriate questions to ask when conduction an interview.

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by LadyM1: 11:10am On Sep 25, 2007
Yemi dear, gudmorn pls tell me, is it wise i do my pgd in lag? n in lbs, what re d qualificatn 4 one ot get admission for his/her masters?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Dcarding(m): 1:13pm On Sep 25, 2007
Hi Lady M,
can u try unilag?i finished my maste in public administration(HR) and not too expensive.Goodluck
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by LadyM1: 1:18pm On Sep 25, 2007
Yemi i dnt get u, re u suggesting i do my masters in unilag? because was am thinking is to do my pgd in unilag then d master in lbs.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Dcarding(m): 1:33pm On Sep 25, 2007
Lady M,
Am not yemi.Am only suggesting you enrol in lag since u stay/work in lag
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by LadyM1: 3:10pm On Sep 25, 2007
ok tnx
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Dcarding(m): 3:14pm On Sep 25, 2007
Hi
Is there anyone/consultant interested in a joint partner for national assignment on Human Resource consultancy. Please, i need your immediate response.

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 9:30am On Sep 28, 2007
7 things to do for new employees is attached.

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 9:39am On Sep 28, 2007
7 things to do for new employees is attached.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (91) (Reply)

Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! / Salary In The Nigerian Army? / Any HSE Professionals In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.