Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,882 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Human Resource Professionals: - Career (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Human Resource Professionals: (331833 Views)

How Much Do Human Resource Professionals With A Masters Degree Earn? / Human Resource Management In Canada / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 13, 2012
A friend asked me this question so I decided to share it on here.

Question? HR professionals, do u think it's okay to send an updated resume even after all interviews have been completed. Reason being that, original resume was submitted in march for a job that would start a year after. Friend also wants to use that opportunity to change references on her submitted resume.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Maximus85(m): 12:12pm On Oct 14, 2012
saxywale: A friend asked me this question so I decided to share it on here.

Question? HR professionals, do u think it's okay to send an updated resume even after all interviews have been completed. Reason being that, original resume was submitted in march for a job that would start a year after. Friend also wants to use that opportunity to change references on her submitted resume.

Since all interviews has been completed, for the company to even invite you for interview, it shows that something must have impressed them on the submitted CV. So I don't see the need to submit an updated CV in this situation.
Better still make sure that your CV is always up to date. Hope you are satisfied with my comment!

1 Like

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by aniume(m): 8:16am On Oct 17, 2012
My organisation is located in Onne, Rivers State and we are in need of a HR officer with generalist skills/experience. The ideal candidate should have worked in a HR dept. for at least two years with basic HR knowledge. Interested applicants should send their resume to aniume78@gmail.com.

Please only candidates with HR experience should send their CVs. I wish you all a wonderful day.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Kermarl8x(m): 3:45pm On Oct 20, 2012
Good day, professionals. I'm an unemployed graduate of economics but minored in HRM. I developed interest in HR wen i was in final yr and i'm currently considering an msc in human resources/ personnel economics, HRIS/HRMS training and cipm membership. I've been striving to get an HR job for a yr now since i finished nysc. I'm even trying to get an internship but all to no avail. Is it that i'm no match for this field? Pls, i'd like to solicit for ur assistance, advise etc asap. Thank you in anticipation
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Kermarl8x(m): 4:15pm On Oct 20, 2012
I'm a resident of Ilorin but ready to relocate. My email ad is kamal.shola@gmail.com in case of any help. Thanks once again.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 24, 2012
Dear All, I recently wrote the intermediate II exams of CIPM and passed. Please I need past past questions for the PE I&II exams. I know I could get same at their office but could not really afford any now(not employed). Email:moreeni@yahoo.com. Thanks a lot.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by pojoe: 4:12pm On Oct 25, 2012
GET BULK SMS FOR AS LOW AS 1 NAIRA. SAVE COST IN SENDING SMS. CALL 08099634075. TO REGISTER LOG ON TO www.easytextme.com
BULK SMS ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS

Cost Effective Mode of Promotion: With bulk SMS you can easily send personalized messages along with brand names and several essential information.

Time Saving Mode: You can send your message to thousands of mobile numbers in an instant, this is obviously the easiest and the most time saving means to reach people and provide information about your latest products, services, offers and alerts etc.

Easy Branding: By sending Bulk SMS you can easily configure your Sender ID which can easily be the name of your Company, Business, Products or Services. Thus promoting your Brand name is a lot easier with the help of Bulk SMS.

Wide Market: You can easily send Bulk SMS worldwide from any particular point therefore you can easily send your information throughout the world within seconds. And the mobile numbers you have target to send you message would receive the SMS at the same time and at the same price.

Convenient Way: The Bulk SMS service is available any time 24X7. And therefore the message can easily be sent according to user convenience through the Web.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by lutha: 12:23am On Oct 29, 2012
Hello! Yemmy&co. I must say well done to you guyz. You've really done more than enlightment.
I hold a B.Ed in Business Education (Accounting). I graduated 2007 and am presently working as a school Vice Principal.
I am currently planning to change my career from Educationist to HR Professional. But reading this thread just opened my eyes to many things about the job.
The questions are;
1. After five year of graduation, hope is not too late to change career path?
2. Between Master of Human Resources and Industrial Relations (MHIR)@lasu & CIPM, which should I do first?
3. How many years would it take me to complete the CIPM?
4. Upon graduating from MHIR or CIPM, will I still be recruited as entry level or middle?
Pls, I need your sincere response.

1 Like

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by VENUSS(f): 2:56pm On Oct 30, 2012
hello all, i would be sitting for intermediate ii xams in febuary. i need your help with past questions and where to concentrate. regards.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 10:26am On Oct 31, 2012
lutha: Hello! Yemmy&co. I must say well done to you guyz. You've really done more than enlightment.
I hold a B.Ed in Business Education (Accounting). I graduated 2007 and am presently working as a school Vice Principal.
I am currently planning to change my career from Educationist to HR Professional. But reading this thread just opened my eyes to many things about the job.
The questions are;
1. After five year of graduation, hope is not too late to change career path?
2. Between Master of Human Resources and Industrial Relations (MHIR)@lasu & CIPM, which should I do first?
3. How many years would it take me to complete the CIPM?
4. Upon graduating from MHIR or CIPM, will I still be recruited as entry level or middle?
Pls, I need your sincere response.

1. Its never too late to change your career now.
2. Please complete CIPM before MHIR because you can complete CIPM before your masters and most organizations favour CIPM ahead of masters depending on your level.
3. If you concentrate on the exams, you could finish in 1 year with you sitting for intermediate II and pass in February 2013 for example, write PEI and pass in August 2013 and write and pass PE11 in February 2014. You are good to go.
4. You could get employment as middle level depending on organization but definitely not an entry position.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 10:44am On Oct 31, 2012
Kermarl8x: Good day, professionals. I'm an unemployed graduate of economics but minored in HRM. I developed interest in HR wen i was in final yr and i'm currently considering an msc in human resources/ personnel economics, HRIS/HRMS training and cipm membership. I've been striving to get an HR job for a yr now since i finished nysc. I'm even trying to get an internship but all to no avail. Is it that i'm no match for this field? Pls, i'd like to solicit for ur assistance, advise etc asap. Thank you in anticipation

@Kermar,

Its not that you are not match. You already indicated your interest in HR. However, you may not get any invitation for HR position for now because your cv is not carrying any HR related background/qualification. I will advice you not to only consider doing your CIPM/MSc in HR but to take drastic steps now in sitting for those exams. Once any of these qualifications is reflecting in your CV, i am certain that you will get some invitations for HR position at least an entry level.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by lutha: 10:06pm On Oct 31, 2012
@yemmight, u may not know the good ur responses&contributions on this thread are doing those of us whose interest are into the HR job. I pray wisdom & understanding never to depart frm u (Amen). Thanks a lot.

Pls, I will like to know where the CIPM office is located in Lagos and If one can find a study center in&around Ikeja axis? Thanks in anticipation for ur detailed response.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 1:21pm On Nov 01, 2012
lutha: @yemmight, u may not know the good ur responses&contributions on this thread are doing those of us whose interest are into the HR job. I pray wisdom & understanding never to depart frm u (Amen). Thanks a lot.

Pls, I will like to know where the CIPM office is located in Lagos and If one can find a study center in&around Ikeja axis? Thanks in anticipation for ur detailed response.

Recore Limited
10B, James Oluleye Street
Off Adeniyi Jones Avenue
Ikeja – Lagos.
Tel: 08033019760.

PPCA Ikeja
C/o Caleb International School
Ikosi-GRA, CMD, Magodo Road, Lagos
Tel: 08063113880

Ultimate Educational College
30a Afolabi Aina Street
Behind Alade Shopping Mall
Off Allen Avenue, Ikeja-Lagos
Tel: 08038411842, 08037264087, 08022899569

Poliskonsult Associates
Oshodi Mile 2 Expressway
Odo-Olowu Bus Stop, Lagos
Beside Powerline Bible Church
Tel: 08036508126, 08082681828

University Faculty Development Centre
39A, Ayilara Street
Surulere – Lagos.
Tel: 08033311224, 08051401713

Intravision Associates Limited
C/o Cayley College
6 Church Street, by Amara Olu Str
Agidingbi Road, Ikeja-Lagos
Tel: 08030769222, 08057000358, 08028820475

You can check for more centers here http://www.cipmnigeria.org/cipmStudyCentre.html

1 Like

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by lutha: 6:46pm On Nov 01, 2012
Thanks once, yemmight
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by lutha: 7:00pm On Nov 01, 2012
I got that. A very big thanks to you, yemmight.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Kermarl8x(m): 8:55pm On Nov 01, 2012
Got ur point Mr. Yemmight. Many thanks and GOD bless
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by VENUSS(f): 8:46pm On Nov 05, 2012
VENUSS: hello all, i would be sitting for intermediate ii xams in febuary. i need your help with past questions and where to concentrate. regards.
some one pls help with question format. pls.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Bisjosh(f): 9:59pm On Nov 07, 2012
Yemmight have sent a mail to you but you have not replied!!!! Kindly go through your mail box. Thanks
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 11:26am On Nov 08, 2012
Bisjosh: Yemmight have sent a mail to you but you have not replied!!!! Kindly go through your mail box. Thanks

I am not sure i got your mail pls.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by powerguy: 10:21am On Nov 09, 2012
GoodMorning HR Professionals,

I have a number of openings in my company, www.protaxng.com:

1. 1 HR Analyst (1-3 years of HR experience)
2. Business Analyst (1-3 years of Business Analysis experience)
3. HR Associate(4-6 years of HR generalist experience, with two or more years as corporate trainer or training consultant)
4. Analyst Trainee (NYSC corpers)

Kindly send your CVs to hr@protaxng.com

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by powerguy: 10:23am On Nov 09, 2012
Goodmorning HR Professionals,

I have a number of openings in my company, www.protaxng.com:

1. 1 HR Analyst (1-3 years of HR experience)
2. Business Analyst (1-3 years of Business Analysis experience)
3. HR Associate(4-6 years of HR generalist experience, with two or more years as corporate trainer or training consultant)
4. Analyst Trainee (NYSC corpers)

Kindly send your CVs to hr@protaxng.com

For more enquiries, please call Timilehin on 080185204022

Best of luck.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by omoleke(m): 2:54pm On Nov 11, 2012
ok, what do u think of investment advisors?[img][/img]

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Fvine: 11:52am On Nov 12, 2012
H
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Bisjosh(f): 12:19pm On Nov 12, 2012
yemmight:

I am not sure i got your mail pls.

I have again. Please check.

Thanks
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 10:24am On Nov 13, 2012
Bisjosh:

I have again. Please check.

Thanks

I would have gotten it except you are not sending it to o_olayemi@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Bisjosh(f): 8:12am On Nov 14, 2012
yemmight:

Thanks for the reply. I sent a mail to the 2 addresses u dropped on here ealier. Though one didn't deliver but the other did. Please kindly send a valid email addy to me
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Bisjosh(f): 8:12am On Nov 14, 2012
yemmight:

Thanks for the reply. I sent a mail to the 2 addresses u dropped on here ealier. Though one didn't deliver but the other did. Please kindly send a valid email addy to me

Regards
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by udoka2: 2:23pm On Nov 25, 2012
@venus
The tip that helped me was that I bought past questions for 5 diets from d institute then it was N100 per diet question, make sure u practice those questions and read ur study pack back to back. The questions are taken from d study packet. If u hv money and time go for tutorial but u can actually pass int. 11 without attending lecture only follow d tip above. But u need lectures for PE 1 because of operation research unless u are good in calculations.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Bisjosh(f): 1:12pm On Nov 26, 2012
^^^^^^^^ Thanks for this reply. I plan to just read on my own and get past questions for INTERMEDIATE II. I would love to find out if I won't miss anything if I don't go to the accredited study centers.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by udoka2: 1:50pm On Nov 26, 2012
Bisjosh: ^^^^^^^^ Thanks for this reply. I plan to just read on my own and get past questions for INTERMEDIATE II. I would love to find out if I won't miss anything if I don't go to the accredited study centers.

The only thing you will miss is the practical experiences some 'working' students will be sharing in the course of lecture, which definitely will help u when u start ur HR career, but if you are already a HR practitioner, it makes no point, because the experiences are not high level HRM experiences!

if you can dicipline yourself to read, i mean reading the study pack back to back and practice the past question, you will pass. l did lecture for inter 11 and PE1, l regretted that of Inter 11, l had better grades with my PE11, l read at home using the tips above, i even wrote 5 papers because l had one carry over from PE1. The books are not voluminous, you can finish one in one week, when u read all, start all over again, then during exam concentrate on likely questions based on the past questions.

1 Like

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Bisjosh(f): 2:19pm On Nov 26, 2012
Thanks for your response! I am not yet a practicing HR but would prefer to read on my own for Intermediate II then can start lectures for PE1 grin
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by statemanui(m): 9:56pm On Nov 26, 2012
I need help guys. I register online for student membership(cipm) which was sucessful but the problem is dat i do not know what next to do. Ur reply would be appreciated . My email:-statemanui@gmail.com. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (91) (Reply)

Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! / Salary In The Nigerian Army? / Any HSE Professionals In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.