Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Human Resource Professionals: - Career (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Human Resource Professionals: (332444 Views)

How Much Do Human Resource Professionals With A Masters Degree Earn? / Human Resource Management In Canada / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by teehaywhyooh(f): 12:33am On Apr 21, 2013
I need help on all d rrequirements for CIPM membership examination

Kindly reply
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by princessebong(f): 10:23pm On Apr 23, 2013
can one who did not do a course in hr or its related field in the university run a professional program on it?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 1:05pm On Apr 24, 2013
Slaak: Good day professionals. Pls wots d pay like for HR graduate trainee in a fmcg company and how best can one answer a salary question in an interview?

Personally, i have been very relunctant to discuss salary issues in an open forum recently my reason is best known to me for the second question. Place a price on yourself. Ensure you do not under-price niether over-price yourself. (Don't aways say 'pay anything your organisation pay for my category') That could hurt you.

All the best.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 24, 2013
Many thanks Mr. Yemmight
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 1:38pm On Apr 24, 2013
princess-ebong:
can one who did not do a course in hr or its related field in the university run a professional program on it?

Of course, yes.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 2:12pm On Apr 24, 2013
teehaywhyooh: I need help on all d rrequirements for CIPM membership examination

Kindly reply

Please check this web for all your enquiries. www.cipmnigeria.org
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 3:36pm On Apr 24, 2013
yimidee: smileyHey,am realli glad I found dis thread am intrested in hr bt don't knw hw to go about it,so I av a lot of questions. am a graduate of history and sociology do I qualify? Am presently serving in gombe are there study centers in gombe if no where is d closest, wen is d next diet and how do I register?,what level do I start from? You can send replies to justyimi@gmail.com thanks

1. The only two centres we have in the North exist only in Abuja.

2. If you have your Degree/HND in Social Sciences, Management, Human Resources, you can start from Intermediate II and if you have your Degree/HND in other discplines, you will start from intermediate I.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by ademutiu: 9:34am On Apr 25, 2013
hi all, please can someone help me with a survey template to carry out a research on best and worst performing staff?. should you have any or you can help, do state here so i can provide my email addresss. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by princessebong(f): 5:59pm On Apr 25, 2013
thanks yimidee.. i am and undergraduate of genetic and biotech, cipm courses are accounting based and i never studied accounting. plus, they are certificate based. i.e, u have to ve a degree of some sort like ond, hnd,bsc etc.. i want to get a hr qualifications befor i graduate from school
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by linsa01(m): 6:59am On Apr 27, 2013
yemmight:

2. If you have your Degree/HND in Social Sciences, Management, Human Resources, you can start from Intermediate II and if you have your Degree/HND in other discplines, you will start from intermediate I.

you forgot to add Degrees in Arts/Humanities plus the grades that qualify you for INT1 or INT2
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by lacord5: 9:45am On May 04, 2013
Hello yemmight, I sent you a mail requesting for advice, please if you didn't get it send me your current mail address at lacord5@yahoo.com.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 10:36am On May 07, 2013
lacord5: Hello yemmight, I sent you a mail requesting for advice, please if you didn't get it send me your current mail address at lacord5@yahoo.com.

Please send it again.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by dhrey: 8:43am On May 19, 2013
Pls house,how many years is it going to take to finish cipm programme startin from d foundation level.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 20, 2013
@soaring4life. Thanks for the advice and i was able to write the exam. I passed all there except the accounting course which I've already started preparing early.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 3:40pm On Jun 04, 2013
Liciouslucy: @soaring4life. Thanks for the advice and i was able to write the exam. I passed all there except the accounting course which I've already started preparing early.

Prepare timely coz August is very close. All the best.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by olawumia(m): 3:42pm On Jun 04, 2013
pls aside CIMP which i ll be writing the last stage by Aug, which other professional Hr course one can write in Nigeria. I know of Shrm, but i dont know if they are available in Nigeria.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by olawumia(m): 3:47pm On Jun 04, 2013
Liciouslucy: @soaring4life. Thanks for the advice and i was able to write the exam. I passed all there except the accounting course which I've already started preparing early.
which accounting course? what level or diet?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 4:12pm On Jun 04, 2013
Human Resource Unit

1 Like

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 04, 2013
olawumia:
which accounting course? what level or diet?

The Introduction to Accounting and Finance for Managers - Intermediate 1
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 04, 2013
yemmight:

Prepare timely coz August is very close. All the best.

Definitely and thanks for the advice/best wishes
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Foxie: 11:01am On Jun 05, 2013
Being on this thread has really being educative. Thanks Mr Yemmight and every other HR professionals. Please I want to be clarified on this- I've come to understand that most organisations employ the services of HR consulting firms to handle their entire recruiment process, my question is are the HR departments of these organisations not involved in the Recruitment process that they sort the services of consulting HR firms? And please I'd love to know the HR consulting firm that handles Chevron Nigeria Limited's recruitment process. Thank you.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 1:46pm On Jun 05, 2013
Foxie: Being on this thread has really being educative. Thanks Mr Yemmight and every other HR professionals. Please I want to be clarified on this- I've come to understand that most organisations employ the services of HR consulting firms to handle their entire recruiment process, my question is are the HR departments of these organisations not involved in the Recruitment process that they sort the services of consulting HR firms? And please I'd love to know the HR consulting firm that handles Chevron Nigeria Limited's recruitment process. Thank you.

Some organisations see recruitment as distraction, because the process drags a lot. If recruitment of any organisation is outsourced, it does then don’t mean HR of such organisations are not functioning well.

However, during the course of recruitment handling by consulting firms, in house HR is involved from the selection and they have the final say.

For Chevron recruitment, I am not so certain which of the consulting firm they use but definitely KPMG handle lots of recruitment for the Oil and Gas industries.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Foxie: 12:38pm On Jun 06, 2013
yemmight:

Some organisations see recruitment as distraction, because the process drags a lot. If recruitment of any organisation is outsourced, it does then don’t mean HR of such organisations are not functioning well.

However, during the course of recruitment handling by consulting firms, in house HR is involved from the selection and they have the final say.

For Chevron recruitment, I am not so certain which of the consulting firm they use but definitely KPMG handle lots of recruitment for the Oil and Gas industries.
Thank you so much Sir. Please will you be kind enough to enlighten M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ on KPMG forms of assessment,like their forms of tests( Assessment centres,psychometric tests,aptitude tests or interviews). Thank you.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by ColoursnBrushes: 2:55pm On Jun 18, 2013
Good day evryone. I've been followin this thread and im amazed @ the wonderful job being done here , kusos to the professionals in the house. I was wondering if anyone here has any idea hw the cipm exam questions are set. Is it strictly theory? How many questions shud we expect? Pls reply as its my first exam with cipm and im currently preparing for intermediate 2. Tnks
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by pojoe: 9:04am On Jun 19, 2013
Would you like to earn extra Income from your business? JOIN THE SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE and learn 101 WAYS to earn extra income. Be part of our business academy (PATSURE CONSULT) and start applying the success formula that will boost your business and gain your financial freedom.
SUCCESS FORMULA
S = D (I+A+P)+B
WHERE :
S= SUCCESS
I= INFORMATION
A= ACTION
P= PERSISTENCE
B= BELIEVE
LEARN HOW TO GROW YOUR BUSINESS STARTING WITH A LITTLE CAPITAL OF N5,000 ONLY AND 101 BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES. FOR MORE INFO CALL 08099634075
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 12:49pm On Jun 19, 2013
Foxie: Thank you so much Sir. Please will you be kind enough to enlighten M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ on KPMG forms of assessment,like their forms of tests( Assessment centres,psychometric tests,aptitude tests or interviews). Thank you.

I honestly don't know.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 19, 2013
I wrote the Intermediate 1 exam and we had about 20 open ended questions and essay questions (like 6 to answer 4)
ColoursnBrushes: Good day evryone. I've been followin this thread and im amazed @ the wonderful job being done here , kusos to the professionals in the house. I was wondering if anyone here has any idea hw the cipm exam questions are set. Is it strictly theory? How many questions shud we expect? Pls reply as its my first exam with cipm and im currently preparing for intermediate 2. Tnks

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (91) (Reply)

Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! / Salary In The Nigerian Army? / Any HSE Professionals In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.