Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,604 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Human Resource Professionals: - Career (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Human Resource Professionals: (331696 Views)

How Much Do Human Resource Professionals With A Masters Degree Earn? / Human Resource Management In Canada / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by ColoursnBrushes: 5:18pm On Jun 19, 2013
Tnks liciouslucy. Im currently studying on my own (actually started yesterday as I just got the study pack) using the review questions at the end of each chapter. Im wondering if that would be enuf cos the topics are really broad. Wat study technique did you use? Tnks
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by enceehr: 11:19pm On Jun 19, 2013
Vital Solutions presents a training on:
facilitation and presentation skills
Aldgate Hotel, Port Harcourt
June 27-28,2013
fee:N40,000

Every HR person needs this and i think this came really cheap.
registration at least one week ahead attracts some discount.

cheers!

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 20, 2013
ColoursnBrushes: Tnks liciouslucy. Im currently studying on my own (actually started yesterday as I just got the study pack) using the review questions at the end of each chapter. Im wondering if that would be enuf cos the topics are really broad. Wat study technique did you use? Tnks
I'm doing the same which is studying on my own because I'm writing Intermediate 2, also using the review questions and Google is my best friend when reading cos I see simpler and better explanations of most of the topics online.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by ColoursnBrushes: 12:46pm On Jun 21, 2013
Tnks lucy, I really appreciate it. Pls can u send me ur phone no so we can talk on phone. I kinda still need clarifications on a few issues. Mine is 08138440869, bb pin-2a013509. Look forward to hearing from u. Tnks

[quote author=Liciouslucy]
I'm doing the same which is studying on my own because I'm writing Intermediate 2, also using the review questions and Google is my best friend when reading cos I see simpler and better explanations of most of the topics online.[/quote
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Foxie: 10:30pm On Jun 21, 2013
yemmight:

I honestly don't know.
Thank you so much.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by ademutiu: 10:48am On Jun 23, 2013
ColoursnBrushes: Tnks liciouslucy. Im currently studying on my own (actually started yesterday as I just got the study pack) using the review questions at the end of each chapter. Im wondering if that would be enuf cos the topics are really broad. Wat study technique did you use? Tnks
I am also studying on my own for the intermediate 2 exams...though yet to get the current study pack as i will be going to their office this week, i am currently studying with the ones i get from a friend...can we share ideas via mai/whatsapp at leisure?...if yes...then signify so i can drop my email addy...safe
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by ColoursnBrushes: 9:03pm On Jun 23, 2013
ade_mutiu:
I am also studying on my own for the intermediate 2 exams...though yet to get the current study pack as i will be going to their office this week, i am currently studying with the ones i get from a friend...can we share ideas via mai/whatsapp at leisure?...if yes...then signify so i can drop my email addy...safe

@ ade
No problem. I wouldn't mind at all. My number is 08138440869. Pls send me a txt first. So I knw its u. Cheers.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by ademutiu: 10:59am On Jun 24, 2013
okay
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by benny2015(f): 3:04pm On Jul 07, 2013
Good day hr professionals in the house

I just registered with cipm on monday 1st of July to start from INT. II, am yet to choose a study centre cos am new in PH, and I don't know the partcular one to choose between Dline and Trans amadi,pls those residents here should help me out as am more concerned with the learning environment and good tutors. I will also like to know if its too late to register for the August exam, can I meet up with all that have been taught or should I wait for February. Thanks as I look forward to ur response.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by ColoursnBrushes: 10:06am On Jul 10, 2013
benny2015: Good day hr professionals in the house

I just registered with cipm on monday 1st of July to start from INT. II, am yet to choose a study centre cos am new in PH, and I don't know the partcular one to choose between Dline and Trans amadi,pls those residents here should help me out as am more concerned with the learning environment and good tutors. I will also like to know if its too late to register for the August exam, can I meet up with all that have been taught or should I wait for February. Thanks as I look forward to ur response.

hi benny. transamadi is ok. the office is actually off odili road, danjuma drive after corporate affairs commission. there is a sign for M.A.N on the gate by ur left. if u can spend time reading at least three hours evryday till then, u may pass the exams. gudluck
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 1:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
Wishing you guys all the best in the forthcoming August Exams.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by linsa01(m): 4:15pm On Jul 26, 2013
Mr Yemmight and others, pls i wrote and passed CIPM INT2 in feb. 2012. I've not since then registered for PE1 or visited their office. I don't know how long will my studentship valid cos i still want to complete the course later in future. Pls any info on this will aid my decision making.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 26, 2013
Hi all, pls I need help with operations research from PE1 exam. Flunked it and can't afford the tutorial. Thanks.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by NarenderRana: 1:58pm On Aug 08, 2013
Hi All,

Human Resources Management is one of the vast growing field, some of the institute providing certification in Human resources, some of them are Private undertaking and some of them are Government Institutions. [url]Vskills.in[/url] is one of the Government comp. Initiatives providing certification in Different domains, HR is one of them.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by oweniwe(m): 9:02am On Aug 09, 2013
Good morning house. .

I would like to ask a question. . .

All the applications i've dropped are titled "APPLICATION FOR GRADUATE TRAINEE PROGRAMME" . . However, it feels like i'm limiting myself with that coz i know there are other entry level vacancies available that i can competently handle (e.g. Admin Assistant, ICT roles) that doesn't fall within the confines of graduate Trainee.

My confusion now is, whether to continue applying with Graduate Trainee title or apply for other roles. . e.g Admin Assistant or ICT Officer coz from what i'v seen with the HR folks, when they see the "Graduate Trainee" Title, they just shake head, put up a empty look and put aside my application without asking further questions
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by ColoursnBrushes: 10:55pm On Aug 12, 2013
yemmight: Wishing you guys all the best in the forthcoming August Exams.

Tnks so much. Really appreciate.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by cutebambam: 11:40pm On Aug 12, 2013
Pls my fello Nlders i need help for a job, chalenges of life is becomin unbearable, i join this topic cos i belive i'm dealing with HR professionals in the house who can be of great help to me. I have Bsc in business admin with working experienc as admin officer and customer service officer, sitting @ home doin nothin is really affectin me. Thks all and especially those dat will read and render a helping hand. God bless.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 12:56pm On Aug 13, 2013
cutebambam: Pls my fello Nlders i need help for a job, chalenges of life is becomin unbearable, i join this topic cos i belive i'm dealing with HR professionals in the house who can be of great help to me. I have Bsc in business admin with working experienc as admin officer and customer service officer, sitting @ home doin nothin is really affectin me. Thks all and especially those dat will read and render a helping hand. God bless.

Generally, regular employment is almost impossible in Nigeria today and this has become so worrisome and discouraging. Presently, I am not doing any recruitment but please forward your CV to my mail box. I have a senior colleague who runs recruitment firm. The engage lots of companies. You might just be lucky.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by van909: 1:09pm On Aug 13, 2013
@ hencee_hr were is aldgate hotel in PH
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by cutebambam: 6:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
@ yemmight thanks a million for ur understanding but u didnt state ur email so i can forward my resume
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 1:11pm On Aug 14, 2013
cutebambam: @ yemmight thanks a million for ur understanding but u didnt state ur email so i can forward my resume

o_olayemi@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by cutebambam: 12:16am On Aug 15, 2013
I ve sent my resume thanks 1ce again
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 8:57am On Aug 15, 2013
cutebambam: I ve sent my resume thanks 1ce again

U welcome.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Tonb: 11:52am On Aug 15, 2013
yemmight:

o_olayemi@yahoo.co.uk

i av sent mine too thanks alot
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by anticent(m): 6:11pm On Aug 15, 2013
I am currently looking for an HR Personnel with 8years experience in Oil and Gas.Candidate must have relevant professional certificates and must be able to function in all areas of HR activities.

If you have a profile close to this, forward your CV asap to cvsnigeriahr@gmail.com
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Spacodinho(m): 1:31pm On Aug 21, 2013
Can a graduate of religion and philosophy apply for human relations job, because we were taught the dainamics of human relations in religious class, or do he need added professional qualification like the one offered at nigeria institute of personel management or even an M A in human relation. Valid answers please
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 10:21am On Aug 22, 2013
Spacodinho: Can a graduate of religion and philosophy apply for human relations job, because we were taught the dainamics of human relations in religious class, or do he need added professional qualification like the one offered at nigeria institute of personel management or even an M A in human relation. Valid answers please

Yes, you can but professional qualification is very essential.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 11:09am On Aug 22, 2013
oweniwe: Good morning house. .

I would like to ask a question. . .

All the applications i've dropped are titled "APPLICATION FOR GRADUATE TRAINEE PROGRAMME" . . However, it feels like i'm limiting myself with that coz i know there are other entry level vacancies available that i can competently handle (e.g. Admin Assistant, ICT roles) that doesn't fall within the confines of graduate Trainee.

My confusion now is, whether to continue applying with Graduate Trainee title or apply for other roles. . e.g Admin Assistant or ICT Officer coz from what i'v seen with the HR folks, when they see the "Graduate Trainee" Title, they just shake head, put up a empty look and put aside my application without asking further questions (I will never forget that SEEPCO HR guy's facial expression).

For example, Below is what my CV looks like. .

Working Experience: NYSC, 4 months computer admin work, Pry 4 teacher, SIWES I.T Trainee.

Certifications: HSE level 2 & 3, Project Management.

Computer Proficiencies: Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, Project, Pdf, Power Point.

Education: intelligence & security. . Second class lower honours.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

May i also add that i do have partial hearing loss but it doesn't interfer wit my ability to work. .

Insightful ideas and advices needed pls.

Thank You. smiley

First of all, you need to define your desire career. Look at your educational background, what you are good at doing and what are happy while doing. Unfortunately I don’t know what you studied but always apply for job related vacancies.
As regards graduate trainee, some organisations do have management trainees’ programmes that run between 12 and 18 months. For this category of vacancy, you are suitable for invitation. You might not just been called yet. You can also apply for entry level jobs. You will see some of these adverts both online and daily newspapers. You are also suitable for such jobs.
Send your CV to me mail let me review it and will get back to you.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by yemmight(m): 11:11am On Aug 22, 2013
linsa01: Mr Yemmight and others, pls i wrote and passed CIPM INT2 in feb. 2012. I've not since then registered for PE1 or visited their office. I don't know how long will my studentship valid cos i still want to complete the course later in future. Pls any info on this will aid my decision making.

You still can continue from the next stage as you deem fit.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by temmiedee: 7:30am On Sep 07, 2013
Please H.R professionals in the House, which one of these two will you recommend to me to do first as I have never had a practical experience in Human Resources; A Certification course from CARLTON ADVANCED MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE-USA (CAMI) (Certified Performance and Competence Developer), or a Professional Exam? e.g CIPM.
I have 1 year experience as an Account reconciliation officer in a financial Institution, and 2 years experience as an Administrative Officer in a printing firm. There is no career development where I presently work which is against my career goal. So, I need to add value to myself and move on.
The career path I want to tread is Human Resources Management.

Your response will be highly appreciated.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by ColoursnBrushes: 10:46am On Sep 07, 2013
temmiedee: Please H.R professionals in the House, which one of these two will you recommend to me to do first as I have never had a practical experience in Human Resources; A Certification course from CARLTON ADVANCED MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE-USA (CAMI) (Certified Performance and Competence Developer), or a Professional Exam? e.g CIPM.
I have 1 year experience as an Account reconciliation officer in a financial Institution, and 2 years experience as an Administrative Officer in a printing firm. There is no career development where I presently work which is against my career goal. So, I need to add value to myself and move on.
The career path I want to tread is Human Resources Management.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Cipm first the other certification later. Reason being that even if u do the carlton certification course, u'l still need to come bak to cipm. Cipm is more recognised in nigeria. By the time u'r sone with cipm, u may not even need to do carlton anymore cos its just a certification course. Cipm is broader.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (91) (Reply)

Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! / Salary In The Nigerian Army? / Any HSE Professionals In The House?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.