Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Human Resource Professionals: - Career (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Human Resource Professionals: (332327 Views)

How Much Do Human Resource Professionals With A Masters Degree Earn? / Human Resource Management In Canada / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Eddodoh(m): 1:19am On Aug 30, 2015
Does age really matter in the category of exams to write? I learnt persons above 30yrs will start from Foundation 1.

Do they really enforce dis rule even when u meet other requirements?

1 Like

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by WaleAdeyemo54: 2:17am On Aug 30, 2015
WRITERS RECRUITMENT !!! WRITERS RECRUITMENT !!! WRITERS RECRUITMENT !!!

KLIQ-IT ENTERPRISES is currently recruiting writers for the following writing roles:
1.Article Writers
2.Web Content Writers
3. Academic / research Paper writers.

QUALIFICATION
1. Good command of English Language
2. Graduate, Masters Holder and PhD level writers

Send your applications to recruitment@kliq-it.org
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by adebusola09: 4:55pm On Sep 06, 2015
Good evening. Pls where can I do human resource management training in Lagos
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by alftdbts: 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2015
Messages now take long before being answered!!!! Whats happening on this thread, its becoming inactive, and where are our old Oga's from the start. kindly come back and attend to us freshers ohh, we definitely going to appreciate every advise given and support rendered in our tutelage process.@adebusola09 there are lots if training centers in Lagos especially... Its just that the most popular training centers are quite expensive, but there re still a number of other credible centers with affordable fees, just completed my 2nd training under HR and it was awesome, one on one training, so the whole focus was on me and I really gained a lot after 3 days... well just inbox me for better explanations if you find this helpful. daryllic@gmail.com.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by ttomexy(f): 8:21am On Oct 06, 2015
Pls when is cipm releasing our result, induction is next week oo
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Vannesa(f): 3:47pm On Oct 06, 2015
Hi Guys, i'm a fresh HRM graduate in search of internship while i await Nysc
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Wealthyone: 9:37pm On Oct 06, 2015
ttomexy:
Pls when is cipm releasing our result, induction is next week oo

Induction is next week ke? Abi annual conference is next week. Heard result will be uploaded b4 d annual conference. It is well.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by ttomexy(f): 8:34am On Oct 07, 2015
there will be induction during the annual conference, or am i wrong?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by ttomexy(f): 2:47pm On Oct 07, 2015
cipm result is out and uploaded, check the website

1 Like

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by jendoslim(m): 8:55pm On Oct 07, 2015
abeg house, I did Cipm exams (intermediate 1), nd I av two references, pls does it means I can't take d resit comes next diet cos I only see one resit candidates dere......pls help
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by wolestix: 7:14am On Oct 08, 2015
If u have 2 ref, it means that u are to retake those two subject only at the next diet. U won't be able to do any exam in inter2 at the moment.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by jendoslim(m): 9:46am On Oct 08, 2015
thanks @ wolestix......really appreciate
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by detutu1: 11:57am On Oct 08, 2015
And if you have one reference....I am to write just that one paper next diet?? shocked sad sad is that how it works?

How do they differentiate between a resist and a reference? Does that mean I failed or what?

I tried to get the statement of result on the website but according to it, it hasn't been uploaded.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by ITAB: 7:18am On Oct 11, 2015
If u had one reference, u can write the next stage alongside the reference.
detutu1:
And if you have one reference....I am to write just that one paper next diet?? shocked sad sad is that how it works?

How do they differentiate between a resist and a reference? Does that mean I failed or what?

I tried to get the statement of result on the website but according to it, it hasn't been uploaded.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by detutu1: 11:55am On Oct 12, 2015
oh! thanks...the resit is what then?
ITAB:
If u had one reference, u can write the next stage alongside the reference.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by ITAB: 10:02pm On Oct 12, 2015
Resit should be retaking the whole exam stage. Not sure tho
detutu1:
oh! thanks...the resit is what then?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Wealthyone: 7:37pm On Oct 15, 2015
Anyone at the '2015 GO BEYOND' Conference? If you are not here, you ain't anywhere cheesy wink
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by dayus12(f): 6:02am On Oct 16, 2015
Hi everyone,
Please I was told I need to become a student member of cipm before I can proceed wwith getting the study pack n et.c. But my question is how can I register as a. Student member online?.The one I was able to do is the normal signup of account.it didn't generate ny student code. I look forward to your kind response.
Thank you
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by ITAB: 1:57pm On Oct 17, 2015
U can register online as a student member. Just fill all the necessary information and upload ur certificates.a mail will be sent to you with your student number and all necessary info
dayus12:
Hi everyone,
Please I was told I need to become a student member of cipm before I can proceed wwith getting the study pack n et.c. But my question is how can I register as a. Student member online?.The one I was able to do is the normal signup of account.it didn't generate ny student code. I look forward to your kind response.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by macaranta(m): 1:14am On Oct 18, 2015
Hello professionals ,kindly use our platform to teach your HRM thingy.See signature thanks.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by LondonCool(m): 10:21pm On Oct 18, 2015
shegz4law:
Hello everybody.. I'm a recently qualified Lawyer who is passionate about starting a carrier in Human Resource Management... I'm thinking of volunteerimg to gain experience in the field.. I need advice on how to accomplish this... Thanks

shegz4law,

Volunteering is the pragmatic option for you to take in order to cross over to the HR sector for practical experience. However, there is still a body of theoretical HR knowledge that you need to acquire in order to demonstrate proficiency as an HR practitioner. This means you either need to enroll with the CIPMN as a student or go for a Masters degree in HRM (and apply for some exemptions from the CIPMN).

Your knowledge of Employment Law/Labour Law ( if at all you did the elective module) can come in very handy in the area of Employee Relations at the workplace. The problem is that you need to work your way up the HR career ladder from a foundation entry point or brag your way through at a higher level.

Local churches or charities are good places to volunteer. You can offer to update their HR policies or Staff Handbooks for starters, or offer to overhaul their HR staff record filing system. We all started our HR careers from filing HR records.

2 Likes

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by LondonCool(m): 10:42pm On Oct 18, 2015
belzieee:
good day please who knows how a fresh graduate of hrm can get experience? i stay in ph

belzieee

You are in a Catch 22 situation. You can't get HR experience without a job, and you can't get an HR job without work experience. The only way to break that cycle is to volunteer for a little while. Ask yourself what value can I add to an organisation? What HR skills can I demonstrate? Work on yourself (i.e. soft skills) read up on contemporary HR issues,attend HR seminars/workshops (if possible), join your local CIPMN branch and network there with other members.

There are so many companies in PH, send out letters to their HR departments indicating that you would like to volunteer for them for a short period. You need to create your own luck. I used to get a diary and copy down all the addresses of Banks and Embassy's and send my cv's to them many years ago.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by LondonCool(m): 10:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
fierceella:
Also considering a career in HR. Please what's the difference between CIPM and CIPD. I would like to start studies right away.

fierceella,

Without referring you to Google, CIPM is the professional body for HR in Nigeria while CIPD is the professional body for HR in the UK.

If you are in Nigeria you would need to have a licence from the CIPM to practice as an HR professional. This is usually assessed via examination. CIPD qualifications are also recognised and accepted in Nigeria as professional equivalents; they can be obtained by studying for HR degrees in the UK at CIPD accredited University courses.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by LondonCool(m): 11:03pm On Oct 18, 2015
LondonCool:
I have been a Chartered Member of the Institute of Personnel Management since 1992 with an M.A in HRM, any consultancy job ?

This was my introductory response on the first page here 8 years ago in 2007.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Wealthyone: 2:45am On Oct 19, 2015
LondonCool:

This was my introductory response on the first page here 8 years ago in 2007.

Wow! That's a long time ago. Did u come for the 'GO BEYOND' Conference? I'm a HR practitioner. If I say getting a job without a practical experience in HR was very easy, I lied. Thank God I was already on my final stage in CIPM and also running my MBA (HR).
U contributed/advised them well.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by sisisioge: 6:36am On Oct 19, 2015
Hello everyone, pls could you kindly recommend good recruitment agencies here on the mainland? I want to start hawking my CV again cos I need to change jobs. Thanks.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by LondonCool(m): 10:28am On Oct 19, 2015
Wealthyone:

Wow! That's a long time ago. Did u come for the 'GO BEYOND' Conference? I'm a HR practitioner. If I say getting a job without a practical experience in HR was very easy, I lied. Thank God I was already on my final stage in CIPM and also running my MBA (HR).
U contributed/advised them well.

Thanks. I couldn't attend the conference. I just also completed an additional MBA in HRM recently, it's important to add some substance to your HR experience in terms of qualifications.

1 Like

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by LondonCool(m): 10:30am On Oct 19, 2015
sisisioge:
Hello everyone, pls could you kindly recommend good recruitment agencies here on the mainland? I want to start hawking my CV again cos I need to change jobs. Thanks.

How good is your CV? Have you test driven your CV yet? What kind of job are you looking for?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Eddodoh(m): 12:55pm On Oct 19, 2015
@Londoncool, u r very correct! I currently work as a Call Center Agent and my previous jobs demonstrate Customer Service experience. I am currently a Student Member of CIPM.

Last week I attended an interview for d position of HR Assistant though everythin went fine but d interviewer keep reminding me dat i do not have relevant HR experience.

Presently, I got a HR Volunteer position with an NGO and another with a Human Resources firm on part-time basis, other companies I contacted earlier promised to reach me as soon as there's opportunity for Volunteering and I believe in few months time I will b a force to reckon wit in d HR field.

For anyone seeking career in HR, volunteering is your stepping stone.

3 Likes

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by sisisioge: 4:44pm On Oct 19, 2015
LondonCool:

How good is your CV? Have you test driven your CV yet? What kind of job are you looking for?

Thanks for your response cool. CV appears alright though I wouldnt mind a review. I haven't really test driven it though I have been working for 3+ years. I want a job in administrative capacity having worked in supply chain, operations and now customer care. I presently work with one of the telecoms and really wish to move to the next height. Any ideas?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by LondonCool(m): 6:19pm On Oct 19, 2015
Eddodoh:
@Londoncool, u r very correct! I currently work as a Call Center Agent and my previous jobs demonstrate Customer Service experience. I am currently a Student Member of CIPM.

Last week I attended an interview for d position of HR Assistant though everythin went fine but d interviewer keep reminding me dat i do not have relevant HR experience.

Presently, I got a HR Volunteer position with an NGO and another with a Human Resources firm on part-time basis, other companies I contacted earlier promised to reach me as soon as there's opportunity for Volunteering and I believe in few months time I will b a force to reckon wit in d HR field.

For anyone seeking career in HR, volunteering is your stepping stone.

That's quite impressive. Once you've been able to acquire a certain depth of proven experience from your volunteering/part time roles you should be ready to climb up the HR ladder with confidence by applying for permanent HR roles .

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (91) (Reply)

Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! / Salary In The Nigerian Army? / Any HSE Professionals In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.