Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,022 members, 7,828,595 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. (4501 Views)

Girlfriend Got Pregnant For Another Person / 'See Why You Should Not Sleep With Another Person's Wife Or Girlfriend' - Toolz / Can You Marry Someone Whose Nude Photos/video Has Leaked On Social Media?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by 7victor(m): 2:34pm On Oct 02, 2021
My experience is this:

One Igbo woman saw me and asked to know whether I was married or not.

I answered in the negative.

She said as a lecturer, what is keeping me from marrying since federal government is paying us well?

I told her I am praying to God about it.

She said she is a pastor and she believed God was prompting her to find me a wife.

She said she would introduce me to a very good lady whom I would really enjoy as wife.

It was not quite 3 hours later when she sent someone to call me to see the lady.

To my utter astonishment, she introduced me to one elderly woman who is from Kaduna.

It was as much as I could do not to show my astonishment.

After the old woman left, I told her I would prefer someone younger who is Igbo.

She said age doesn't matter in marriage.

I told her I am in my early thirties and how can I even marry someone who is 40, let alone someone who is above 50?

It is my idea that the woman she introduced to me is her long time friend and age mate. She herself(ie the woman who introduced someone) has big children who are all in the University and polytechnic.

She insisted that love, and not age, is what matters in matter.

As for marrying an Igbo woman, she said no Igbo woman will ever condescend so low as to marry a Calabar man.

She said she is an Igbo woman so she knows her tribe very well.

I made her understand that my cousin is Calabar and is married to an Igbo beauty queen.

I mentioned up to 6 Calabar men I personally know who are married to Igbo.

She said an Igbo lady can only marry a Calabar man if maybe she has a problem(like mental problem) which makes people to reject her,

to the extent that it is only a Calabar man that she would finally condescend to marry.

She was just insulting my tribe.

I told her that the former governor of Akwa Ibom, and the present minister of Niger Delta is a Calabar man married to Igbo woman.

[Modified: Please note that people call those from Akwa Ibom and Cross river "Calabar". That is my observation.]

My idea now is that I can never accept any woman brought by this woman,

because she will never give me something good. Any woman she brings must be low because she believes that low women fit Calabar men.

She said if I don't like that other Kaduna woman, she would introduce me to another woman.

But I know on a high state of conviction that she will not bring someone good to me because of the way she looks down on my tribe.

She doesn't believe my tribe can marry someone better.

Please share your experience.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by 7victor(m): 2:34pm On Oct 02, 2021
At a certain point, she became angry over what she believed was my "inability to understand divine agenda".

Everything the woman said to me was the most totally debasing thing someone has ever said to me,

although it was certainly evident that she said those things to make me feel so unworthy to the extent of agreeing to marry the old woman from Kaduna.

The truth in the matter is that even she herself did not believe what she was saying.

I told her that before today, I had the opportunity and agency to have married an Igbo lady.

But the only downside was the distance.

She is a government employee also and it won't be reasonable for her to resign, leave her state and come to the North where I base.

I remember another Igbo girl in Sokoto who, before she later got married, was urging me to go see her parents,

but then, I was only a private school teacher who was also running a masters program.

I didn't have money for such.

Share your own experience if you have any.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by zaxbash: 2:36pm On Oct 02, 2021
grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by DaddyRochie1642: 2:37pm On Oct 02, 2021
Better rebuke that woman and run as fast as your legs can carry you grin

26 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by horlahsunbo225(m): 2:37pm On Oct 02, 2021
Omo grin cheesy
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by Ynix(m): 2:40pm On Oct 02, 2021
7victor:
My experience is this:

She said as a lecturer, what is keeping me from marrying since federal government is paying us well?

She said she is a pastor and she believed God was prompting her to find me a wife.

She said she would introduce me to a very good lady whom I would really enjoy as wife.

It was not quite 3 hours later when she sent someone to call me to see the lady.

To my utter astonishment, she introduced me to one elderly woman who is from Kaduna.

After the old woman left, I told her that I would prefer someone younger who is Igbo.

She said age doesn't matter in marriage. I told her I am in my early thirties and how can I even marry someone who is 40, let alone someone who is above 50?

It is my idea that the woman she introduced to me is her long time friend and age mate. She herself(ie the woman who introduced someone) has big children who are all in the University and polytechnic.

As for marrying an Igbo woman, she said no Igbo woman will ever condescend so low as to marry a Calabar man.

I made her understand that my cousin is Calabar and is married to an Igbo beauty queen.

She said an Igbo lady can only marry a Calabar man if maybe she has a problem(like mental problem) which makes people to reject her,

to the extent that it is only a Calabar man that she would finally condescend to marry.

I told her that the former governor of Akwa Ibom, and the present minister of Niger Delta is a Calabar man married to Igbo woman.

because she will never give me something good. Any woman she brings must be low because she believes that low women fit Calabar men.

She said if I don't like that other Kaduna woman, she would introduce me to another woman.

But I know she will not bring someone good to me because of the way she looks down on my tribe.

You are in for manipulation, bro run for your life.
In marriage there is nothing like referral, it is a matter of choice. By the time the heat begins she won't he there.
Avoid that woman by every means.
What you should be doing now is going on single dates and group dating, with that you will have opportunities to interact with younger ladies and will be able to make your choice.

6 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by missyojo(f): 2:41pm On Oct 02, 2021
Let me laugh small cheesy
OP, am not making jest of you oo, it's the old woman that got me laughing.
Best wishes in your search

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by emae009(m): 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2021
When did Senator Godswill Akpabio become a Calabar man?
Essien Udim in Akwa Ibom sounds like Calabar to you??
Please next time do the right thing and stop dragging people that are not from your tribe into it.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by OG1BABY(f): 2:50pm On Oct 02, 2021
Lol. But did you give her the contract of helping you look for a wife?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by 7victor(m): 2:51pm On Oct 02, 2021
emae009:
When did Senator Godswill Akpabio become a Calabar man?
Essien Udim in Akwa Ibom sounds like Calabar to you??
Please next time do the right thing and stop dragging people that are not from your tribe into it.

They call people from Akwa Ibom and Cross river "Calabar people"

At least that is what other tribes call us.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by 7victor(m): 2:52pm On Oct 02, 2021
Ynix:

You are in for manipulation, bro run for your life.
In marriage there is nothing like referral, it is a matter of choice. By the time the heat begins she won't he there.
Avoid that woman by every means.
What you should be doing now is going on single dates and group dating, with that you will have opportunities to interact with younger ladies and will be able to make your choice.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by 7victor(m): 2:59pm On Oct 02, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
Better rebuke that woman and run as fast as your legs can carry you grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by emae009(m): 3:01pm On Oct 02, 2021
7victor:

They call people from Akwa Ibom and Cross river "Calabar people"

At least that is what other tribes call us.

Akwa Ibomites = Akwa Ibom

Cross Riverians = Cross River (where Calabar is).

The Europeans used to refer to the black race as monkeys. Would you prefer being called that because "that's what other tribes call you" no offense

I always do well to correct people when they make that mistake no matter how trivial it may seems. You never know what might happen tomorrow and something that was meant to go to Akwa Ibom gets channeled to Cross River and the reason might be "sheybi they are all Calabar people"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by Dreadshy: 3:14pm On Oct 02, 2021
Oga find your wife yourself so to.orrow you no go blame that woman.
Them no put gun for your head.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by Raymond0008(m): 3:19pm On Oct 02, 2021
Oga, give boys this link lol. Before my dad died, the only condition I put him when he’s lamenting of me been single is that if he can introduce a lady that’s doing better than me.

That’s the only condition I can consider whenever someone say he/she is introducing a lady to me.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by SmartPolician: 3:20pm On Oct 02, 2021
Don't mind the munu woman. She is demoting your tribe just to promote her expired product friend). Keep searching....there are many single ladies in need of a good man to marry.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by Iamagoodgirll: 3:33pm On Oct 02, 2021
The woman knows nothing about marriage and choice, she just want to help her friend by all means. I'm an Igbo lady and I know many that married to calabar men
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by sunshineV(f): 3:40pm On Oct 02, 2021
its ur fault sha. pesin wey u go don tell say for her life make she no dey follow u talk laidat. na ur future we dey talk abt na

4 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by KarinaLove(f): 3:44pm On Oct 02, 2021
But wait o....

Why do Calabar or Akwa Ibom Men love marrying Igbo?

I see this is a trend now. Why?

Asking for a friend.

But why can't you just marry from your tribe "Calabar" now. Simple.

Me that am even talking, I never even know when I will marry sef.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by AcademicWriter: 3:47pm On Oct 02, 2021
Lol. But knew you take her the deal of assisting you glance for a wife?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by Obaxxx(m): 3:50pm On Oct 02, 2021
lipsrsealed
Hell no..

But op, why'd she say those kind of rubbish about your tribe na? undecided.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by talk2hb1(m): 3:51pm On Oct 02, 2021
7victor:
My experience is this:

After the old woman left, I told her I would prefer someone younger who is Igbo.

I told her I am in my early thirties and how can I even marry someone who is 40, let alone someone who is above 50?

But I know on a high state of conviction that she will not bring someone good to me because of the way she looks down on my tribe.

Take it or leave it, you are another sacrificial lamb
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by MufasaLion: 4:10pm On Oct 02, 2021
Had it been you married that woman, your thread today would have been about challenges you are facing in the marriage.

I'm happy for you, man.

Marriage is not what anyone should just jump into irrespective of the age. Stay smart!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by MufasaLion: 4:11pm On Oct 02, 2021
KarinaLove:
But wait o....

Why do Calabar or Akwa Ibom Men love marrying Igbo?

I see this is a trend now. Why?

Asking for a friend.

But why can't you just marry from your tribe "Calabar" now. Simple.

You can DM OP. grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by MufasaLion: 4:13pm On Oct 02, 2021
sunshineV:
its ur fault sha. pesin wey u go don tell say for her life make she no dey follow u talk laidat. na ur future we dey talk abt na

The dude was just being respectful but I wouldn't have had such patience to listen to her bullshit if it were me.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 02, 2021
KarinaLove:

We don get the scope,you dey try advertise na..
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by Skullano(m): 4:41pm On Oct 02, 2021
Pastor way dey do love-vendor work.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by Karleb(m): 4:41pm On Oct 02, 2021
You are a lecturer. Propose to a final year student, better still, just get one pregnant.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by DAramis: 5:03pm On Oct 02, 2021
Karleb:
You are a lecturer. Propose to a final year student, better still, just get one pregnant.
You no well wahali grin

If na your sister wey one guy impregnate come dey tell stories, will you be happy? All the man to marry woman in appropriate culture of the wife to be.
That babymama is the in thing now no mean say na good thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by Dshocker(m): 5:09pm On Oct 02, 2021
7victor:
My experience is this:

[Modified: Please note that people call those from Akwa Ibom and Cross river "Calabar". That is my observation.]

Laugh wan kill me with this your post grin grin grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Was Introduced To You By Another Person?My Experience. by Matheusmartin: 5:13pm On Oct 02, 2021
7victor:
My experience is this:

Which kain play u and the prophetess play reach that Kain extent that she's trying to hook you with a granny
angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairalanders Share Your First Love Stories Here!! / Must Read: Mechanic’s Workshop…. Part 1 / Is MouthAction Demeaning?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.