Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out (31474 Views)

Policemen Beat Up Driver Along Owerrinta (Photos) / Picture Of A Couple In A Bottle Thrown Into River MINI-EZI In Abuja (photos) / Pregnant Woman And Her Sister Gang Raped By Soldier At Mami Barracks. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by Karlosorji(m): 5:56pm On Oct 10, 2021
Evercurious:

You shut the hell up and stop talking about useless sacrifice while they kill and intimidate innocent citizens... Sacrifice my ass . As of they dont get paid. Or dont you pay tax? Nonsense
You know nothing so I can't keep wasting my time with you. If you want better, responsible security system you all have to come out and demand for it and stop typing rubbish
Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by lexy2014: 5:57pm On Oct 10, 2021
Bahamas95:
It could be anything.....Most of them are so addicted to their phones that they can't do without touching it for a minute. She wouldn't have died if she had walked pass the checkpoint before checking who was calling.

so how is d scenario u have painted a crime?
Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by greatiyk4u(m): 6:01pm On Oct 10, 2021
PaedophileProph:

Shut the fck up, if you don't know what to comment .
I know that checkpoint and how unruly those guys mounting that checkpoint behave , they see nothing but enemy they must inflict pain to when they not collecting "tollgate" from you

Of all the heavy traffic along that ABA-Owerri road, na only this lady they see to harass without reasonable reasons

I know there more than you may be
Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by juman(m): 6:02pm On Oct 10, 2021
It looks like another fake ipob story.

1 Like

Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by thugthang(m): 6:06pm On Oct 10, 2021
OgunLaakaye

So she knew the tribe of the soldier by just looking at him.

It hurts me as a fulani man seeing someone painting my tribe black.
Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by thugthang(m): 6:10pm On Oct 10, 2021
[quote author=Theunbothered

Military personnel have name tags on their uniforms

Dlwhat are u implying? Do Fulani have unique names the Christen thei new born?
Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by decub: 6:11pm On Oct 10, 2021
Davash222:

Have you been to that Owerrinta before? Those soldiers at that checking point deserves to be curtailed or maybe interact with in a language they will understand. .
I know that road too well and understand how those men operate.

In as much as I'm not taking sides, the possible scenarios that played out are:

The phone rang and she brought it to look at who called, most likely placing her hand over the phone so she can see the caller clearly. This will raise the suspicion that she wants to take pictures. It only takes experience, patience and professionalism to believe she wasn't but those guys aren't smiling.

She may have brought the phone from her pocket and was shouted on to put it back but she insisted on knowing who was calling.

When you are walking past a millitary base and your phone rings, leave it to ring out unless they tell you to take your call (which they hardly do, they can only tell you to put it off). They also frown at discussing with whomever you are with when you are walking past their base; among other things.

The lady being a regular user of that route should have known better. I have had my own experience both there and Umuikaa junction which they used to mount very early in the morning or late at night but I played ignorance with apologies. Meanwhile, that was even a very long time ago when insecurity wasn't on the increase as it is now.

2 Likes

Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 10, 2021
speaktome:
With ur sanity intact, you think that someone giving signal to ESN, Taliban or whatever you may call them will just come to the check point and be making the call
The very area this thing happened is my area... You need to see how rude those touts in Army uniform are

With your sanity intact, have uniformed men not been killed in the east in recent times?
Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 10, 2021
[s]
Kennedy97:

See the kind of analog brain you have
So If ipob wants to attack them the ipob personnel will stand where they are and make the phone call?
I no just dey understand some of una way of thinking!
[/s]

Your parents have analog brain.

Go back and read that post well.

Ode.
Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by ejimatic: 6:23pm On Oct 10, 2021
loveth360:
Soldiers at Owerrinta Smashed my Phone and Threw it into River - Girl Cries Out

# IgbereTV

A female indigene of Abia State has narrated her ordeal with a Personnel of the Nigerian Navy at a Navy checkpoint of the Owerrinta axis. The young lady who pleaded anonymous stated that she was harassed, threatened and denied her smart phone which she newly purchased with over a hundred thousand naira.

According to her, she had on Thursday, 7th October 2021, boarded a motorcycle which was heading towards Okpoala before she bumped into the security personnel standing with a riffle at a checkpoint in between Imo and Abia State.

"As a normal routine, I and the bike man went down from the bike just to cross the checkpoint on foot. The bike man dragged his bike while I follow suit with my phone inside my pocket.

"At this point, my phone rang and I decided to bring it off my pocket to know who was calling me . I have always used this route so I know I can't take calls until I cross the bitter looking armed Navy security operative.
"Unfortunately, the dark lanky and tall Fulani Navy personnel concluded that I was taking a picture of him which was totally a lie. My phone was ringing out loud and so it was totally impossible for me to be taking pictures same time.

"These I tried explaining to him, but he hurriedly snatched the phone off me and smashed it countless times on the tarred road. Looking at the already pieced phone with tears in my eyes, I pleaded to have at least my sim cards, but the wicked soul instead picked the smashed phone and threw it into the nearby river", she said.

"I'm highly pained because my smart phone is my livelihood, I earn my living with it and that's why I don't joke with it" , she added.

Similar reports had drawn the attention of our reporters on how same security men intimidates innocent passer-by including motorists and bus drivers who toll the routes on daily basis.

Well meaning citizens should rise up against such inhuman treatment and rights Violation by the security forces. We asked that justice must take its place.

https://www.facebook.com/192893700739192/posts/5116175058411007/?app=fbl
. Why do soldiers not want civilians to use phones in their presence?
Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 10, 2021
Kennedy97:

Na my parents be ode because I be bastard child
Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by Theunbothered: 6:25pm On Oct 10, 2021
thugthang:
[quote author=Theunbothered

Military personnel have name tags on their uniforms

Dlwhat are u implying? Do Fulani have unique names the Christen thei new born?
When you see names like Musa Atiku Lamido will you say he's a Calabar man?
Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by Babaken(m): 6:31pm On Oct 10, 2021
Americafighter:
Smell lies
I experience similar thing but my phone wasn't smashed, mine was along Aba Owerri road 3 years back I was answering call right there in front of army checking point why inside the vehicle going to Aba. I was surprised when the military man ask the driver to pack that who is making call there everyone start looking at me that was when I realized that It was an offense to make call at checking point the army officer took my phone from me walk away with it the driver get upset that I should come down that he don't want problem with these people ( soldiers). I walk to the young army officer when I got there I greeted him he ask am I the owner of the phone I said yes he ask me who am I calling I told him is my elder brother He ask me don't I know that answering call at the checking point is an offense I said am sorry that I don't know that am not in the country for some time now he gave me back my phone that I shouldn't repeat it again. Sometimes how you approach them matters and all these fulani housa soldiers that been post to Southern part of the country that don't understand English everything is an insult to them.

2 Likes

Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by lamalang(m): 6:33pm On Oct 10, 2021
So you can even tell his language by his look?
Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by Evercurious(f): 6:39pm On Oct 10, 2021
Karlosorji:
You know nothing so I can't keep wasting my time with you. If you want better, responsible security system you all have to come out and demand for it and stop typing rubbish

Lol.. thank God you know you waste you time
Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by Dchair2: 6:39pm On Oct 10, 2021
Americafighter:
Smell lies
All hail the one who smells all things!
Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by bluebay(m): 6:39pm On Oct 10, 2021
That girl is telling lies . If you wanna Lie again any security personal, not the Military nor Naval officer for the matter . I believe that girl was trying to make video of them and they just can’t break her phone for just that. I believe she must have done something adding to that . So long she wasn’t physically assaulted, they did the exact right thing .
Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by Evercurious(f): 6:40pm On Oct 10, 2021
Ibkhaleel01:
if not for the poverty you wouldn't have stay here and open your gutter mouth to speak Ill of the hand that feeds you

Lol... GO FEED YOURSELF. CERTIFIED ALMAJIRI
Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by bluebay(m): 6:47pm On Oct 10, 2021
loveth360:
Leave those people.

They will always support Nigeria army provided the injustice is against Igbo person.

evil people
Shey na only una Dey Nigeria ni?
Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by bluebay(m): 6:48pm On Oct 10, 2021
odysey:

Instead of criticizing their actions you are poking the story may Nigeria happen to you not
For all I know, she wasn’t assaulted physically and am sure she must have done something else to make her phone smashed… Navy officers and Airforce officers, I respect them so much. They are so intelligent
Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by BadBradley: 7:06pm On Oct 10, 2021
Americafighter:

All of una comment no pass that... So the soldier just collect her phone and smash... Make you self think.... Girls are so rude..
wetin concern rudeness concern soldier when take law into his hands?
Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by Obec70(m): 7:20pm On Oct 10, 2021
Be it truth or not the excessesive show of power on the masses plying that rute is embarrassing, imagine, Army, Navy, Police, FRSC in combination within same environment collects toll gates ranging from #100, #200-#500 from motorists especially commercial driver without any fear of who is passing by, they deploy their footsoldiers to collect the money if you dare disobey hell will be let loosed
Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 10, 2021
TripleOh7:
Sorry about that but even the unborn Nigerian child knows that you must never answer your phone at a military checkpoint.

They'd think you were signaling to ESN about their location given that ESN has been killing uniformed men.

You are quite lucky you weren't beaten to a pulp by the soldiers.

Must she check who is calling her at the check point ?

A man won't act the way she did. So she can't check who called her after crossing over ? Is this different from the girl doing Facebook live beside gas burner ?

Don't even fiddle with your phone
in front of them b4 they will say you are sending text message

But as fish brain, they won't disappoint.

Both she and the soldier are guilty.

1 Like

Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by FourElements: 7:34pm On Oct 10, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
this type of politics you guys are playing is destructive to our growth as a nation. Because it happen in the east or with people you don't like then it's a lie but if it happen to your people you will beleive it. South west is playing with fire.
You tribal bigots always compromise your case by attacking Yorubas at the slightest opportunity. Even when his moniker shows he is likely to be from anywhere, you still have to threaten the Yorubas.
Hating and threatening Yorubas has never, and will never help your agitations.

1 Like

Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by nerd004: 7:39pm On Oct 10, 2021
Theunbothered:

This thread really shows the shameless stupidity many Nigerians exhibit.

After years and years of seeing the military doing the same thing since the 60s they suddenly can't believe this instance happened.

I am tired of daft Nigerians who led this country into the gutter

Bros Nigerians ain't daft.. even though the military can be high handed ,,,the girl was wrong for picking a call at a check point
Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:40pm On Oct 10, 2021
Bighead9:

Good news.
Our Galant Soldiers should leave no Stone unturned in their move to neutralise IPOB TERRORIST, Unknown Gunmen and their SYMPATHISERS.
don't worry, it'll get to you very soon
Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by nerd004: 7:43pm On Oct 10, 2021
Obec70:
Be it truth or not the excessesive show of power on the masses plying that rute is embarrassing, imagine, Army, Navy, Police, FRSC in combination within same environment collects toll gates ranging from #100, #200-#500 from motorists especially commercial driver without any fear of who is passing by, they deploy their footsoldiers to collect the money if you dare disobey hell will be let loosed

Fake news I traveled that same route to Akwa Ibom last week...nah lie
Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by DPricey1(f): 7:43pm On Oct 10, 2021
[quote author=Charmingrascal post=106594543][/quote]
Soldiers at the said check point smashed my sister-in-law's phone last month.
Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:

Must she check who is calling her at the check point ?

A man won't act the way she did. So she can't check who called her after crossing over ? Is this different from the girl doing Facebook live beside gas burner ?

Don't even fiddle with your phone
in front of them b4 they will say you are sending text message

But as fish brain, they won't disappoint.

Both she and the soldier are guilty.

Exactly. Everyone who's passed a military checkpoint knows not to make calls or even use their phones.

I don't blame those guys for being edgy.
Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by Theunbothered: 7:51pm On Oct 10, 2021
nerd004:

Bros Nigerians ain't daft.. even though the military can be high handed ,,,the girl was wrong for picking a call at a check point

The amount of daft responses and statements on this thread I had to respond to shows that Nigerians are daft.

So many people turn off their brains when it's time to defend nonsense because it's not their family members who are being affected.

Second she already knows she can't pick calls, the foolish sailor now made up an excuse and destroyed her phone because he's drunk on power.

This why I say Nigerians are daft, they don't read, they don't think, only talk loudly and foolishly.
Re: Soldier At Owerrinta Smashed My Phone & Threw It Into River - Girl Cries Out by FahBuLous: 8:03pm On Oct 10, 2021
amuwo1980:

This person ever read a book ?
I read books alot but never seen the one that shows me how to make money from my fone, if you know, I am open for learning please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Robbers Caught & Stripped Unclad By Vigilante In Delta(photos) / Mechanics Manhandle Pickpockets At Idemili, Anambra (Pics, Disturbing Video) / How My Older Daughter Beat Our 13-year-old To Death In Lagos - Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.