Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,786 members, 7,851,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:58 AM

Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria (5636 Views)

El-Rufai: I Still Believe In Tinubu’s Capacity To Make A Difference — Sen. Kalu / PEPT: Do You Still Believe Peter Obi Has No Case? / Umahi: Why South-East People Still Obey IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Abohboy: 12:49pm On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

This is where you are wrong.
There won't be any war, after all is San Marino not a country in Italy?
You talk as if Igbo survival depend on Opobo or any of the mentioned group.

Igbo Nation "exists as a union of independent autonomous region" same as most reasonable nations in the world so any part of Igboland that doesn't want to join won't be forced except if a particular family or group within want to claim the place as a prize of conquest. That goes to the family you are claiming they were accepted by the people of Opobo. Was there any referendum on whether jaja will represent them?
Or any of such proof of acceptance?

I believe you now understand what I am talking about.
Almost al Nations in the world exist as a union of autonomous similar people including England (a significant amount are even vikings, celts etc)

Hausa, the same.
Yoruba is more visible.
Bini, the same
Ijaw never existed.

On the last part, who did you say "Ndigbo" will struggle with over OPOBO?
That is if Ndigbo was an imaginary alien or Opobo themselves are not one.

The whole documentation you speak of, shows and proves that Opobo and Ubani are not cases. The only ones that no longer tally with contemporary people on ground is Kalabari, Ogoni and Annang
If the later must be part of the new union. There scope and limits will be clearly defined

Not every country is strucutred as an autonomous state of different people a country can only exist in such a manner if it's a federalist state England doesn't fit into your description at all there's no autonomous states that make up England and his point is right and is infact what I think will happen with these nation states slowly over time corruption will still be there and so will the rampant poverty so individual groups like Anioma, Aguleri, Ubani etc. Will breakaway and form their own individual nations but still there'll be no progress and I hope if it ever reaches that point they'd have learnt that ethnicity doesn't ensure progress
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Sergio101(m): 12:50pm On Oct 11, 2021
Abohboy:

1. I never made any statement on a united Nigeria and I only use the term One Nigeria because it is the general term used today

2. On secession i've said very clearly until we make a united concerted push to put a good leader and a good government into power across the board I [b]cannot support secession I must first see if Nigeria can truly work under said reforms before I can simply up and claim that secession [/b]is the right path Nigeria has every single ingredient needed to become a superpower
Large population
Large educated class
Hard working people
Natural Resources ( Oil, Coal, Gas, Tantalum, Gold, Iron, Tin, Bitumen etc. )
Large diaspora network
And access to the coast
So for such a great nation with such a massive potential to go to waste cannot be possible in my eyes until I see all groups come together and support a party outside of APC and PDP and give power to a good leader whether it be Moghalu, Durotoye, Adesina or just any other Nigerian that is fit to run the country well and not only at presidential level but from bottom to top all Nigerians make an effort to change the system till that day comes I cannot seriously take a stance on secession because we've never actually seen what Nigeria can be.

Since how many years??.
I think you are more Master English than the England who rightly put "a fool at forty is a fool forever".
Now your own standard is a fool at 61. Not just that things are getting better but getting worse.
On the case of finding a good leader to lead the nation outside Apc and PDP............. You know the country you find yourself into.
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 12:51pm On Oct 11, 2021
Idiko1:

I am very happy you do not have monopoly on historical events. The southwestern part of what became Cameroon was joined to eastern part of Nigeria by the British on administrative convenience. It was not an integral part of Nigeria. The shot of who stays or leaves rested on the colonialists. Nigeria, Cameroon, Eastern region of Nigeria and southwestern region of Cameroon did not have a say in the matter. Who are the "They"?
The fact here remains people can actually leave the union, otherwise we could have not gotten independence becuase it was purely the british that gave us independence on the demand of the natives,

What about the creation of Midwest all I'm saying is that two Military officers misunderstanding dragging all of us into a mess should not be implied that secession is impossible in Nigeria it is not, but they way it is currently pursued makes it quite costly
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Idiko1: 12:53pm On Oct 11, 2021
AlexBells:

Conduct a referendum within your family if the respond you will get is not "if Nigeria is good, no one really need Biafra" be sincere about your finding, let's start there,

Until you have enumerated the goodies about Nigeria, I shall not stop the hunger for Republic of Igboland or even Republic of Biafra. In fact, there is nothing good about Nigeria after it has lavished more than 61years on goofiness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by BKayy: 12:54pm On Oct 11, 2021
AlexBells:

I said the odds are high that Opobo would join their Igbo brothers and sister but should they want they can be their own independent city state which was what they were,

And please first attribute the Igbo nation as an entity to the British otherwise by now you would have been fighting the wars of Unification, there could have been no way to navigate through without a war look at the Ikwerre today they are some of the yet to be unified Igboid units, we could have waged Military options against them and we shall if they make that the only option post Nigeria

Nigeria is the very Unification factor for everyone, without Nigeria, I don't think an Onitsha man could have seen himself as one with an Mbaise man even in next 100 years, who could have come up with Igbo Izugbe, you guys takes everything so much for granted becuase you didn't have to ever fight for independence
Nigeria never united Ndigbo.
First of all what you call Nigeria is the southern part of the present day Nigeria.
The North was not addressed as such until the amalgamation.

Second of all, I notice that you are very keen on stiring what you think will disunite Ndigbo but you lack the historical knowledge to do so.
Before the establishment of Nigeria, Onitsha struck deals with Obosi, Ogbunike etc not as people from separate nations but related people.

Thirdly, the unification of Igbo Language is not as you people put it. Infact like the Catholic converted with Ubani dialect, Anglican did theirs with Onitsha dialect. So what are you saying?
If the people from Mbaise or any example you use cannot understand or doesn't see them as related groups there won't be basis of using such dialect in another their town in the first place.

Of all the place the British colonised as Nigeria, Alaigbo was the only place with relative peace until they introduced slave trade.

As for your independent city state. Every town in Igboland is already an independent city state until Ndigbo bring out their own united constitution for the first time after Nigeria.
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Abohboy: 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2021
Sergio101:

Since how many years??.
I think you are more Master English than the England who rightly put "a fool at forty is a fool forever".
Now your own standard is a fool at 61. Not just that things are getting better but getting worse.
On the case of finding a good leader to lead the nation outside Apc and PDP............. You know the country you find yourself into.

Nigeria is a relatively young nation and the problem with Nigeria isn't that it exists or even that it's diverse but that the people haven;t canvassed properly for good leadership dividing into ethnic states won't ensure any progress i've even seen some saying in Biafra orji Kalu will be the president and in Oduduwa Tinubu will be president how exactly does that ensure development or progress? Attack the underlying issue and deal with it and currently that's lack of unity between the people and tribalism most of the time votes are informed by ethnicity if that isn't ended there'll be no progress
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2021
Idiko1:

In case of Nigeria, it was only the colonial stiffs. Are you in any form of illusion why Nigeria is a broken adult at 61?
It is okay to be this way at 61, China had been existing for over a thousand years, though different dynasties, Egypt had been around for over 6000 years, in case you understand the life of a nation sixty years could be considered adolescent or even childhood, this is time to make the most mistakes and learn our lessons if we did not break around this stage you could be looking at Nigeria still together in next 1000 years
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Igboid: 12:56pm On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

First of all what you call Nigeria is the southern part of the present day Nigeria.

Second of all, I notice that you are very keen on stiring what you think will disunite Ndigbo but you lack the historical knowledge to do so.
Before the establishment of Nigeria, Onitsha struck deals with Obosi, Ogbunike etc not as people from separate nations but related people.

Thirdly, the unification of Igbo Language is not as you people put it. Infact like the Catholic converted with Ubani dialect, Anglican did theirs with Onitsha dialect. So what are you saying?
If the people from Mbaise or any example you use cannot understand or doesn't see them as related groups there won't be basis of using such dialect in another their town in the first place.

Of all the place the British colonised as Nigeria, Alaigbo was the only place with relative peace until they introduced slave trade.

As for your independent city state. Every town in Igboland is already an independent city state until Ndigbo bring out their own united constitution for the first time after Nigeria.
Thank you

I like the last part of your write up, about independence of every single Igbo town.
That's how it is in reality.
Every single Igbo town operated like a city state with its own democracy before the colonials arrived.

2 Likes

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 12:58pm On Oct 11, 2021
Idiko1:

Until you have enumerated the goodies about Nigeria, I shall not stop the hunger for Republic of Igboland or even Republic of Biafra. In fact, there is nothing good about Nigeria after it has lavished more than 61years on goofiness.
I can count the good in Nigeria and I will begin by counting you, a country that have people like you would get it right Biafra shouldn't be an enemy, Igbo Republic shouldn't be an enemy, just ask yourself how do we go about it and what's the least costly option
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Idiko1: 12:59pm On Oct 11, 2021
AlexBells:

The fact here remains people can actually leave the union, otherwise we could have not gotten independence becuase it was purely the british that gave us independence on the demand of the natives,

What about the creation of Midwest all I'm saying is that two Military officers misunderstanding dragging all of us into a mess should not be implied that secession is impossible in Nigeria it is not, but they way it is currently pursued makes it quite costly

In fact, I have to applaud you for holding brief on behalf of the shithole called Nigeria. I still cannot fathom an iota of reason which makes Nigeria a country.

3 Likes

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by BKayy: 12:59pm On Oct 11, 2021
Abohboy:

Not every country is strucutred as an autonomous state of different people a country can only exist in such a manner if it's a federalist state England doesn't fit into your description at all there's no autonomous states that make up England and his point is right and is infact what I think will happen with these nation states slowly over time corruption will still be there and so will the rampant poverty so individual groups like Anioma, Aguleri, Ubani etc. Will breakaway and form their own individual nations but still there'll be no progress and I hope if it ever reaches that point they'd have learnt that ethnicity doesn't ensure progress
Google is your friend. Google how many independent kingdoms existed in England before Vikings invasion.

How many independent kingdoms and Republics existed in Italy until recently

How many autonomous emirs and Districts existed in Kano (I didn't even say North) alone until the amalgamation.

How many independent Kingdoms existed in France until their unification. Even Paris was an independent kingdom until recently.

How many chiefdoms existed in Arabia until the house of Saudi supported by Wahhabi unified Saudi Arabia.

So what are you people saying?

In Igboland was mere autonomy which every Democratic nation respected but all I listed above except kano were full independent kingdoms
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Abohboy: 1:02pm On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

Thank you

Nigeria did unite the Igbos there was never a time where the Igbos were all in a singular nation or state they were all broken apart into small city states, or village commynities and a few became kingdoms but they were never one

Alaigbo was never peaceful as you wrongly claim there's always been wars between different Igbo groups even before the slave trade the Aro fought a war for Ibini Ukpabi and that's just a singular example there were many wars between different groups otherwise why would they have special fighting techniques with swords? Or be specialized in the making of shields and helmets for protection in battle as far back as the 1500s the Abam warriors were feared across the southern parts of Nigeria and were even hired to fight in the Benin-Idah wars so how exacttly were you peaceful?

I'll just ignore your last point doesn't even begin to make sense

But just so you see what the real problem is watch this Anambra election there's many good candidates yet all the people will still vote Soludo even though Nwankpo and Maduka exist

Nwankpo promised to bring back the Umunna form of governance or decentralized leadership where each community is represented that way each community can get what they need most through the community head not only that but he plans on beautifying the ontisha waterfront, building schools and hospitals and improving power supply in commercial and industrial areas to attract more investments but in the coming election eh will get less then 10k votes

Maduka built schools, hospitals, roads, housing and even boreholes for his community showing he can deliver quality projects for good prices for the whole state of Anambra but he will still lose to Soludo who with all his money has done next to nothing for his community our problem is that we don't have sense and we don't vote the right people not that we're in Nigeria or that we're too diverse

1 Like

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Igboid: 1:03pm On Oct 11, 2021
AlexBells:

It is okay to be this way at 61, China had been existing for over a thousand years, though different dynasties, Egypt had been around for over 6000 years, in case you understand the life of a nation sixty years could be considered adolescent or even childhood, this is time to make the most mistakes and learn our lessons if we did not break around this stage you could be looking at Nigeria still together in next 1000 years

You are actually not making any sense.
You are almost reinventing the wheel.

So because China existed for thousand of years before now, NIGERIA needs thousands of years to get to where China currently is at, by which time China would be light years ahead of Nigeria.
How old is Singapore?

And by the way. China is an almost homogeneous country. They are 92% ethnic Chinese Han by composition.
You can't compare China with a tower of Babel like NIGERIA.
There is no lesson to learn with Nigeria. Nigerian is like a Frankenstein monster, a Babelian entity made up of ideologically divergent ethnicities.
It will never work, unless the Fulani manage to conquer everyone and convert all to Islam, then we can all unite in Islam and on Fulani terms.
This is perhaps what Britain is hoping for, Yoruba Muslims desire that as well,but we both know that the Igbo would rather commit suicide than let that happen.

3 Likes

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by BKayy: 1:04pm On Oct 11, 2021
Igboid:

I like the last part of your write up, about independence of every single Igbo town.
That's how it is in reality.
Every single Igbo town operated like a city state with its own democracy before the colonials arrived.
It is funny that the same people shouting Ndigbo are not united are the ones actively fighting to prevent the unity.

Until Ndigbo secede from Nigeria, Alaigbo modern history as a unified people will never start. Once Nigeria is broken into pieces, the first thing to follow suit is a unified Igbo constitution and laws which will mark the very first beginning of modern Igbo country.
That is what these two are fighting against.

2 Likes

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Abohboy: 1:04pm On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

Google is your friend. Google how many independent kingdoms existed in England before Vikings invasion.

How many independent kingdoms and Republics existed in Italy until recently

How many autonomous emirs and Districts existed in Kano (I didn't even say North) alone until the amalgamation.

How many independent Kingdoms existed in France until their unification. Even Paris was an independent kingdom until recently.

How many chiefdoms existed in Arabia until the house of Saudi supported by Wahhabi unified Saudi Arabia.

So what are you people saying?

In Igboland was mere autonomy which every Democratic nation respected but all I listed above except kano were full independent kingdoms

All those places became unified other 500 years ago the Igbos were never close to unification and it wasn;t even in the works for Kano the Sokoto caliphate united it with all the other hausa states so that point cannot be supported I don't see how 500 years is recently though that's the thing all the examples and points you gave are senseless and don't even make sense in the first place had Nigeria not been created the Igbos wouldn't be unified accept that fact
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Idiko1: 1:05pm On Oct 11, 2021
AlexBells:

I had been resourcefully informed that a fool at forty is a fool forever. Where does this categorization leave Nigeria which is well over forty and counting? I cannot believe you cited craps as the cornerstone of you argument for the one-legged Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Abohboy: 1:06pm On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

It is funny that the same people shouting Ndigbo are not united are the ones actively fighting to prevent the unity.

Until Ndigbo secede from Nigeria, Alaigbo modern history as a unified people will never start. Once Nigeria is broken into pieces, the first thing to follow suit is a unified Igbo constitution and laws which will mark the very first beginning of modern Igbo country.
That is what these two are fighting against.

You're trying to make it seem like you've always been united that isn't the case nobody is against Igbo unity just against ahistorical views and stories ultimately the best option for all groups is to ACTUALLY VOTE THE RIGHT LEADERS if you can't do it in Nigeria why would you suddenly be able to do it in an ethnic state? Think critically not from a tribal point of view
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 1:07pm On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

Thank you
Nobody is trying to bring disunity among Igbos here, you can't overlook the obvious truth but say same thing about Nigeria, the catholic you talk about I guess your great grandfather was the one who originated catholic here

Was catholic not brought to us by the British missionaries, you seem to confuse the missionaries, the Marchants with the Colonialists there where three stages of British entry into Eastern Nigeria, first was the mission, second was the Marchants and third was the Colonialists

In fact I had followed your arguments here and all of your maps made were made by the British even all your defence was based on the British accounts, so lets be sensible Africans, only a referendum would decide who becomes Biafra and who becomes not and who becomes part of Igbo Republic and who is not

You made reference to Onitsha and the environs, isn't that a tiny bit of what's today known as AlaIgbo, what about Northern Igboland, what about The Delta Igbos, what about Rivers Igbos or you think in actual sense those Ikwerre who keeps denying being Igbo don't have logics to it,

Ofcourse they are Ikwerre Igbo sub groups but the Igbo as an umbrella was given to us by the British, even if you look at the Onitsha environs or lets even use the Omambala environment as the Omambala River covers most of what is today know as Anambra and part of Enugu it still don't represent 30% of AlaIgbo so it was the Missionary which did most of the peaceful Unification work and you condemn them when it didn't favour you but dont praise them when it favours you

1 Like

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Abohboy: 1:11pm On Oct 11, 2021
Idiko1:

I had been resourcefully informed that a fool at forty is a fool forever. Where does this categorization leave Nigeria which is well over forty and counting? I cannot believe you cited craps as the cornerstone of you argument for the one-legged Nigeria.

That applies to a man who's lifespan is no more on average then 80 years how are you comparing a saying for a man to a nation? It is in a nations hardest times where you find out how far it will go because I promise you if Nigeria stays together and the people wake up to vote in good leaders or just vote decent people by 2040 Nigerians will be happy they made the decision to stay as one
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by aniomadei1975: 1:11pm On Oct 11, 2021
YES, PEOPLE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO OFFER STILL BELIEVE IN ONE NIGERIA, WHILE THE USELESS ONES DON'T BELIEVE IN NIGERIA.

OKONJO IWEALA STILL BELIEVE IN ONE NIGERIA
ALIKO DANGOTE STILL BELIEVE IN ONE NIGERIA
ARTHUR EZE STILL BELIEVE IN ONE NIGERIA
KELECHI IHEANACHO BELIEVES IN ONE NIGERIA
CHUKWUEZE BELIEVES IN ONE NIGERIA
ALL OUR SUPER STARS HOME AND ABROAD BELIEVE IN ONE NIGERIA

TELL ME A RESPONSIBLE NIGERIAN THAT DOES NOT BELIEVE IN ONE NIGERIA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Idiko1: 1:11pm On Oct 11, 2021
AlexBells:

Nobody is trying to bring disunity among Igbos here, you can't overlook the obvious truth but say same thing about Nigeria, the catholic you talk about I guess your great grandfather was the one who originated catholic here

Was catholic not brought to us by the British missionaries, you seem to confuse the missionaries, the Marchants with the Colonialists there where three stages of British entry into Eastern Nigeria, first was the mission, second was the Marchants and third was the Colonialists

In fact I had followed your arguments here and all of your maps made were made by the British even all your defence was based on the British accounts, so lets be sensible Africans, only a referendum would decide who becomes Biafra and who becomes not and who becomes part of Igbo Republic and who is not

You made reference to Onitsha and the environs, isn't that a tiny bit of what's today known as AlaIgbo, what about Northern Igboland, what about The Delta Igbos, what about Rivers Igbos or you think in actual sense those Ikwerre who keeps denying being Igbo don't have logics to it,

Ofcourse they are Ikwerre Igbo sub groups but the Igbo as an umbrella was given to us by the British, even if you look at the Onitsha environs or lets even use the Omambala environment as the Omambala River covers most of what is today know as Anambra and part of Enugu it still don't represent 30% of AlaIgbo so it was the Missionary which did most of the peaceful Unification work and you condemn them when it didn't favour you but dont praise them when it favours you

I am not a fan of digression. This topic is about Nigeria's future and actualization of homeland. When Republic of Igboland or even Republic of Biafra is actualized, we can discourse Igbo unity or lack thereof.
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by BKayy: 1:12pm On Oct 11, 2021
Abohboy:

Nigeria did unite the Igbos there was never a time where the Igbos were all in a singular nation or state they were all broken apart into small city states, or village commynities and a few became kingdoms but they were never one

Alaigbo was never peaceful as you wrongly claim there's always been wars between different Igbo groups even before the slave trade the Aro fought a war for Ibini Ukpabi and that's just a singular example there were many wars between different groups otherwise why would they have special fighting techniques with swords? Or be specialized in the making of shields and helmets for protection in battle as far back as the 1500s the Abam warriors were feared across the southern parts of Nigeria and were even hired to fight in the Benin-Idah wars so how exacttly were you peaceful?

I'll just ignore your last point doesn't even begin to make sense

But just so you see what the real problem is watch this Anambra election there's many good candidates yet all the people will still vote Soludo even though Nwankpo and Maduka exist

Nwankpo promised to bring back the Umunna form of governance or decentralized leadership where each community is represented that way each community can get what they need most through the community head not only that but he plans on beautifying the ontisha waterfront, building schools and hospitals and improving power supply in commercial and industrial areas to attract more investments but in the coming election eh will get less then 10k votes

Maduka built schools, hospitals, roads, housing and even boreholes for his community showing he can deliver quality projects for good prices for the whole state of Anambra but he will still lose to Soludo who with all his money has done next to nothing for his community our problem is that we don't have sense and we don't vote the right people not that we're in Nigeria or that we're too diverse
All you said ended up contradicting you.
Whatever Aro did with Ibini Ukpabi doesn't prove anything about Ndigbo after all it was not against another Igbo group. Even at that didn't Wessex conquer the whole of England?
Uthman Dan Fodio conquer the whole of Hausa people?
Ibn Saud conquer the whole of Saudi Arabia and expelled the house of Khalifa?

I don't know what you people are talking about.
The only place referred to as a place with the tribes identity during colonialism was only Igboland.
Until after colonialism, no other group apart from few like Bini go by such name.

The term Yoruba land have never existed until they gain Independence from Nigeria because only 60% of Yoruba land is in Nigeria and they have never for once in their existence existed as a single country or Nation.
There was nothing like Yoruba land until recently.

The same goes with Hausa. Only around 75 percent exist in Nigeria. Until they were conquered by the Fulani they existed as heavily fragmented regions ruled by heavily independent kabes with none exerting influence on the other.
There was nothing and is still nothing like Hausa land today courtesy of Sokoto Caliphate.

So what are you people talking about.
Didn't Naples enjoy fighting other Italian states and even have the fantasy of controlling all of Florence wealth?

What do you people mean by unity?

2 Likes

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 1:12pm On Oct 11, 2021
Idiko1:

What's the life of a nation and the life of a human, the issue here is that you complicated statehood with human lifespans, an average nation survives for at least 200 years, an average human survives for about 40 years don't bring two unrelated logic a countries lifespans is longer than human it is just like you using the fool at forty analogues when referring to a mosquito lifestyle a two weeks old mosquito would already acquire its absolute wisdom

1 Like

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Idiko1: 1:15pm On Oct 11, 2021
Abohboy:

That applies to a man who's lifespan is no more on average then 80 years how are you comparing a saying for a man to a nation? It is in a nations hardest times where you find out how far it will go because I promise you if Nigeria stays together and the people wake up to vote in good leaders or just vote decent people by 2040 Nigerians will be happy they made the decision to stay as one

I have heard this nonsense for my entire life on earth yet the worst is about to unfold. Are you sure you will still see Nigeria at 2040?
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 1:16pm On Oct 11, 2021
Idiko1:

I am not a fan of digression. This topic is about Nigeria's future and actualization of homeland. When Republic of Igboland or even Republic of Biafra is actualized, we can discourse Igbo unity or lack thereof.

I'm Igbo, and we can't fight to scatter Nigeria when all I see in Biafra is another war let's put our land in order first and Nigeria would naturally part when that happens we would have a stable option to fall back at not fighting to break Nigeria when AlaIgbo is not even completely unified talk more of Biafra,

Nigeria is not one, Nigeria can negotiate unity though
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Abohboy: 1:18pm On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

All you said ended up contradicting you.
Whatever Aro did with Ibini Ukpabi doesn't prove anything about Ndigbo after all it was not against another Igbo group. Even at that didn't Wessex conquer the whole of England?
Uthman Dan Fodio conquer the whole of Hausa people?
Ibn Saud conquer the whole of Saudi Arabia and expelled the house of Khalifa?

I don't know what you people are talking about.
The only place referred to as a place with the tribes identity during colonialism was only Igboland.
Until after colonialism, no other group apart from few like Bini go by such name.

The term Yoruba land have never existed until they gain Independence from Nigeria because only 60% of Yoruba land is in Nigeria and they have never for once in their existence existed as a single country or Nation.
There was nothing like Yoruba land until recently.

The same goes with Hausa. Only around 75 percent exist in Nigeria. Until they were conquered by the Fulani they existed as heavily fragmented regions ruled by heavily independent kabes with none exerting influence on the other.
There was nothing and is still nothing like Hausa land today courtesy of Sokoto Caliphate.

So what are you people talking about.
Didn't Naples enjoy fighting other Italian states and even have the fantasy of controlling all of Florence wealth?

What do you people mean by unity?

If Igboland is peaceful then so will the inhabitants be peaceful the Aro still count as Igbos and conquered other lands and you still made no mention of why there would be Abam warriors extremely well trained fighters in existence if they were peaceful

This conversation is about Igbos you're the group canvassing the most for disintegration of Nigeria and yes most other places in modern day Nigeria weren't united until Nigeria was created but you tried to make the points that the Igbos were united which is false so why bring in other ethnic groups in Nigeria as if we don't already know that they weren't all united before Nigeria cane.

And in terms of Europe they became united over 400-500 years ago so that isn;t the same as in Africa stop trying to use that as an example
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Abohboy: 1:21pm On Oct 11, 2021
Idiko1:

I have heard this nonsense for my entire life on earth yet the worst is about to unfold. Are you sure you will still see Nigeria at 2040?

Have Nigerians even tried to vote a good leader before? In 1979 you had Awolowo, Azikiwe and Kano yet you chose Shagari, in 1999 you chose Obasanjo over everybody else when he had already showed himself as a bad leader before in 2007 you chose Yar'adua because of 'zoning' although he was decent we could have done much better as in Gani fanwenheimi was there as well but it must be 'zoning' to decide our next president then we had jonathan not a good leader but in 2015 you saw Buhari a leader who recked the economy in the 80s and decided yes that is a great option and see where's that gotten us never in our history have we chosen a good leader as president ever and until that is done we obviously won't see progress and ultimately if you can't choose a good leader in Nigeria why would you be able to choose a good leader in Biafra and Oduduwa nobody has been able to answer this question

2 Likes

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 1:23pm On Oct 11, 2021
Igboid:

You are actually not making any sense.
You are almost reinventing the wheel.

So because China existed for thousand of years before now, NIGERIA needs thousands of years to get to where China currently is at, by which time China would be light years ahead of Nigeria.
How old is Singapore?

And by the way. China is an almost homogeneous country. They are 92% ethnic Chinese Han by composition.
You can't compare China with a tower of Babel like NIGERIA.
There is no lesson to learn with Nigeria. Nigerian is like a Frankenstein monster, a Babelian entity made up of ideologically divergent ethnicities.
It will never work, unless the Fulani manage to conquer everyone and convert all to Islam, then we can all unite in Islam and on Fulani terms.
This is perhaps what Britain is hoping for, but we both know that the Igbo would rather commit suicide than let that happen.
Nobody is asking Nigeria to work as an entity the constituent can work independently, you can't think that the Fulani can over run Nigeria, if there is any Nigerian nation which have such capacity it is the Igbos abd the last time I checked we are not enslaving by nature.

I'm not saying that Nigeria should stay for a thousand years before getting it right, I'm only saying a thousand years is possible if you don't use the right approach, if you want Biafra it is fine but only the majority would decide that and you and I knows that the day the conduct a free and fair referendum in Nigeria, Biafra would loose

You know why, that they Nigeria would be confident enough to conduct a referendum it means that Nigeria had become great and majority would not want to leave a great Nigeria for the unkown that's my logic let's unify AlaIgbo and let those who want to make Nigeria a failed state continue, Biafrans are not the problem here once Nigeria fails we consolidate our own Republic but get involved in the fight and some terror would be inherited.

1 Like

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Idiko1: 1:28pm On Oct 11, 2021
AlexBells:

I'm Igbo, and we can't fight to scatter Nigeria when all I see in Biafra is another war let's put our land in order first and Nigeria would naturally part when that happens we would have a stable option to fall back at not fighting to break Nigeria when AlaIgbo is not even completely unified talk more of Biafra,

Nigeria is not one, Nigeria can negotiate unity though

I shall take you for what you have written about yourself. However in Igbo culture and tradition, Ndigbo believed in the stance to fight off the external aggressors and then turn inward to discipline the wayward.

3 Likes

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Abohboy: 1:30pm On Oct 11, 2021
AlexBells:

Nobody is asking Nigeria to work as an entity the constituent can work independently, you can't think that the Fulani can over run Nigeria, if there is any Nigerian nation which have such capacity it is the Igbos abd the last time I checked we are not enslaving by nature.

I'm not saying that Nigeria should stay for a thousand years before getting it right, I'm only saying a thousand years is possible if you don't use the right approach, if you want Biafra it is fine but only the majority would decide that and you and I knows that the day the conduct a free and fair referendum in Nigeria, Biafra would loose

You know why, that they Nigeria would be confident enough to conduct a referendum it means that Nigeria had become great and majority would not want to leave a great Nigeria for the unkown that's my logic let's unify AlaIgbo and let those who want to make Nigeria a failed state continue, Biafrans are not the problem here once Nigeria fails we consolidate our own Republic but get involved in the fight and some terror would be inherited.

Wouldn't it be better to make an actual effort to put a good leader in place rather then wait for a collapse in a nation?Becasue the collapse can only come through war or extreme poverty of the whole populace neither are promising options

1 Like

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Idiko1: 1:34pm On Oct 11, 2021
Abohboy:

Have Nigerians even tried to vote a good leader before? In 1979 you had Awolowo, Azikiwe and Kano yet you chose Shagari, in 1999 you chose Obasanjo over everybody else when he had already showed himself as a bad leader before in 2007 you chose Yar'adua because of 'zoning' although he was decent we could have done much better as in Gani fanwenheimi was there as well but it must be 'zoning' to decide our next president then we had jonathan not a good leader but in 2015 you saw Buhari a leader who recked the economy in the 80s and decided yes that is a great option and see where's that gotten us never in our history have we chosen a good leader as president ever and until that is done we obviously won't see progress and ultimately if you can't choose a good leader in Nigeria why would you be able to choose a good leader in Biafra and Oduduwa nobody has been able to answer this question

You should ask if the so-called Nigeria have ever tried to build a good society. Good leaders do not fall from the sky. A society produces a good. In the the above crap, you buttressed the stream of thought only known to Nigerians. The problem is Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by BKayy: 1:35pm On Oct 11, 2021
AlexBells:

Isn't the emboldened what everybody including IPOB is asking for?
Why not support it instead of confusing yourself.

Secondly, I don't use only British account or colonial accounts if you really follow me.

That aside, Ikwerre that you people like using as an example existed and still exist as a fragmented towns with different ancestral theories. Ask anybody from that place

Back to your Onitsha problem. British never gave anybody the Igbo as Umbrella. They followed the directive of indigenes of Ubani who told them that the hinterland is made up of by fellow Ndigbo. They couldn't even get the pronunciation right and referred to us as Eboe, then Ibo before they left. It was our people that corrected it to the original form "Igbo"

PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THIS PART,
As for why I always use British map. Tell me any ancient paper map by any group in Africa that is more clear than those of British and Portuguese?
So me using it does not undermine our ancient peoples way of drawing the boundaries of Ndigbo.
Take your Google map and put in the names below.
Odenigbo
Umuigbo
Igbo Akiri (Changed to Igbanke by Samuel Ogbemudia in around 1971 or 2)
Igbidu (Igbo idụ)
Amaigbo.
These five Igbo towns lie at North, South, East, West and centre of Igboland showing our ancient peoples way of defining their map and boundary

If you look at those towns with Igbo suffix and prefix, you will notice that at approaching them, you will meet more of Igbo - suffix/prefix towns like Igbo Uzor for Igbo akiri or Obigbo for Ụmụ Igbo showing that as they expand, they put the beacon Igbo to the next town before moving over.

This is classical map of designing your map or placing your beacon into the people and land. Mind you, this hundreds of centuries before Nri, Aro confederacy etc talkless of Britain of yesterday.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photo: Not Up To 24 Hours, They Have Started / Fuel Subsidy: Nbc Trying To Censor Radio & Tv Stations In Nigeria? / President Buhari Stands High On Inter-party Democracy - Omotosho‎

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.