Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,809 members, 7,851,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:14 AM

Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria (5642 Views)

El-Rufai: I Still Believe In Tinubu’s Capacity To Make A Difference — Sen. Kalu / PEPT: Do You Still Believe Peter Obi Has No Case? / Umahi: Why South-East People Still Obey IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 2:20pm On Oct 11, 2021
Idiko1:

The bolded is the figment of imagination created by British. Who gives a ratass about referendum when IPOB's sit-at-home is very trendy? I had wanted those of you who had embraced the silly One-Nigeria to come out of the closet and publicly oppose the express train known as IPOB and the ideology of self-determination among Ndigbo.
Look the sit at home is beyond Biafra, Kanu is Igbo and I'm sitting at home for my brother but I tell you what if Kanu is Ijaw be be he Biafra or whatever name you call it and you put up such order come out and say shit,

So don't get it confused no one is against the sit at home,
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by maxwelltennyson(m): 2:20pm On Oct 11, 2021
any body that believes in one nigeria is delusional we are just marking time and waiting for kasala to burst,then it will be onye obuna zalu afa nnayi.

2 Likes

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by BKayy: 2:21pm On Oct 11, 2021
AlexBells:

What I just want people to understand is, first of all understand that not all Igbos are truthfully in preference of Biafra and people can only accept your referendum when you won't Prejudice them into a terrible tag of saboteurs just becuase the prefer to associate with a different ideology,
If you think that a significant amount of Ndigbo detest Biafra, why are you not advocating to referendum to make it obvious.
Or do you think that after the majority say no to Biafra during the referendum that they will be hunted down by the Biafrans that won't exist after that?

Once the majority says no, the Biafran dream stops immediately.

As for saboteurs, any unscrupulous element actively fighting against the progress of the larger group is termed as such. Go and read about what England, France and Italy did with theirs after the 2nd World War
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Idiko1: 2:22pm On Oct 11, 2021
AlexBells:

Biafra existed between 1966 and 1967 and during those times, there was very limited transparency in the government of Biafra, we had no weapons yet no one knew the exact reality on ground and if not for the RAP team coming up with the Ogbunigwe there was nothing obviously on ground

Are you serious with the bolded? You have written like someone who has a chip on his/her shoulders. Which government in world tells its citizens the state of its weaponry? Till this day, do you know the stock of arsenals of Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by BKayy: 2:22pm On Oct 11, 2021
Igboid:

Don't forget Igbo-Etche too.
Leave that Nigerian. He said it was Britain that taught us how to speak Igbo and named our towns for us grin
Nigerians sef

1 Like

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 2:23pm On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

If you think that a significant amount of Ndigbo detest Biafra, why are you not advocating to referendum to make it obvious.
Or do you think that after the majority say no to Biafra during the referendum that they will be hunted down by the Biafrans that won't exist after that?

Once the majority says no, the Biafran dream stops immediately.

As for saboteurs, any unscrupulous element actively fighting against the progress of the larger group is termed as such. Go and read about what England, France and Italy did with theirs after the 2nd World War
I'm in support of referendum, as that should be an aspect of any mature nation but currently there had not been Avenue for such, and we need to address the approach to things,
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by BKayy: 2:24pm On Oct 11, 2021
Idiko1:

Are you serious with the bolded? You have written like someone who chip on his/her shoulders. Which government in world tells its citizens the state of its weaponry? Till this day, do you know the stock of arsenals of Nigeria?
He is making it to look like Biafrans just woke up and started fighting Nigerians sidelining the fact that Biafra was declared at the middle of a genocide not before it or after

3 Likes

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by BKayy: 2:25pm On Oct 11, 2021
AlexBells:

I'm in support of referendum, as that should be an aspect of any mature nation but currently there had not been Avenue for such, and we need to address the approach to things,
When IPOB defeat Nigeria like Eritrea did to Ethiopia, the avenue will appear by force like it did in Ethiopia.
Just relax and enjoy the movie.
The flame has been ignited. It will take decades like the one of Eritrea that took two decades but it will happen.
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 2:26pm On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

Leave that Nigerian. He said it was Britain that taught us how to speak Igbo and named our towns for us grin
Nigerians sef
I never said the British thought us Igbo, I said the Missionary unified the language into Igbo Izugbe or central Igbo our argument is the Unification not the origin
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Abohboy: 2:26pm On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

There is no single benefit of Nigeria for Ndigbo.

Tell me one and I will tell you 5k bad side of Biafra.
It is a challenge

Easier trade as there is no border between groups
Access to a much larger economy and nation
Potential to recieve larger bank of investments ( larger nation )
Higher demand from other areas for manufactured goods and agricultural goods means more revenue for Ndigbo

Besides it's 2021 is there really a point in dividing at this point in time? Should we not weather through this dryspot in history and see what we can do to build back better? A group recently did a consultation with Ifa and Afa and they said Nigeria is rife for revolution come 2022 and by 2023 there will be a massive change shall we not wait for that massive change to occur before automatically choosing secession?
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Abohboy: 2:26pm On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

When IPOB defeat Nigeria like Eritrea did to Ethiopia, the avenue will appear by force like it did in Ethiopia.
The flame has been ignited. It will take decades like the one of Eritrea that took two decades but it will happen.

Is Eritrea any better for it though?
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 2:27pm On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

This two decades could be solved by one decade of political maneuvers and the cost wouldn't have to interrupt our civilisation
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Igboid: 2:27pm On Oct 11, 2021
Abohboy:

Afa of the Igbo and Ifa of the Yoruba are very similar although cultural and social views vary ultimately they're both part of the Niger-Congo family group, they both share common words and practices ( Yam festival, masquerades etc. ) and the forms of religion are very similar we both use divination processes and we both use cowrie shells or kola nuts in these divination processes we both believe that direct contact with the supreme God, Olodumare or Chukwu isn't possible we both have a range of intermediary spirits Orisha or Alusi we both use music, chant, song, dance, incantation and divinations to invoke said spirits to help us but essentially the fact of the matter is that both groups share similarities and the same applies for the Edo, Jukun, Igala, Urhobo, Itsekiri, Nupe and even the Hausa to a certain degree there is the possibility to build a base upon our traditional religion and cultures which are all similar in fashion to each other

All it needs is a uniting figure to bring all these cultures under a singular Nigerian cultural and religious theme to make as a base and for the most part the Yoruba aren't Muslim it is about 10-20% which still leaves the vast majority there as Christians and traditionalists but Igbos do still have a few muslims among them and that fact cannot be denied although not as large as the Yoruba population i'd estimate up to 1-3% of the Igbo population are muslims but you get the point there is a clear unifying cultural and religious theme across Nigeria and even if we are to divide it should be that we secede from the north as in north proper Kano, Bauchi, Sokoto those places but retain Taraba, Kogi, Benue, parts of Niger you know the middle belt because we're all similar and united in that sense

You are living in Fantasyland bro.
You can as well unite the whole world under one country, afterall we are all homo sapiens.

You obviously don't know anything about Igbo traditional religion.
Does the Yoruba Cosmos recognize Ofor na Ogu? Do they recognize Chi na eke? Do they know Ani/Ala/Ali/Ana?
Nwanne, you are far, nataba!

Yorubas are even like 60% Muslims and most Yoruba Christians have Muslim background. grin

Please, Ndiigbo are not similar to Yorubas and myriads of ethnicities in Nigeria.
We are not.
We share a thing with Ananng, Ibibio and Ekoid groups though and with the Igalanized Igbos now found in Kogi-Anambra/Enugu boundaries.
That's just all about it.
Either way, we want Republic of Igboland.

3 Likes

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 2:28pm On Oct 11, 2021
Idiko1:

Are you serious with the bolded? You have written like someone who chip on his/her shoulders. Which government in world tells its citizens the state of its weaponry? Till this day, do you know the stock of arsenals of Nigeria?
Biafra didn't have enough weapons nor international connections at the start of the war
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 2:30pm On Oct 11, 2021
Igboid:

You can as well unite the whole world under one country, afterall we are all homo sapiens.

Does the Yoruba Cosmos recognize Ofor na Ogu? Do they recognize Chi na eke? Do they know Ani/Ala/Ali/Ana?

Yorubas are even like 60% Muslims and most Yoruba Christians have Muslim background. grin

Please, Ndiigbo are not similar to Yorubas and myriads of ethnicities in Nigeria.
We are not.
We share a thing with Ananng, Ibibio and Ekoid groups though and with the Igalanized Igbos now found in Kogi-Anambra/Enugu boundaries.
Like I said I don't believe in one Nigeria however if we can't leave in a united United Nigeria with respect to our difference we would also not be able to live in Biafra as same question is not answered and even Igbo Republic would have slight issue as far as this respect and autonomous is not recognised, what we need is autonomous unity
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Abohboy: 2:33pm On Oct 11, 2021
Igboid:

Please, Ndiigbo are not similar to Yorubas and myriads of ethnicities in Nigeria.T
We are not.

They share all those terms you mentioned but simply under a different name Ala is similar to the Ogboni deity or essentially a deity of the earth and when it comes to the concept of Chi the Yoruba have the concept of Ori or the spiritual self i've talked to people who know more then 10 times what you know about Igbo religion and they all tell me there's massive similarities between the two you know Medicine Shell that Youtube Channel on Igbo history and religion i've talked to them severally and they agreed there's similarities not only in the divination process but also in the names of deities, shrine figures, spiritual self and even with masquerades you're the one who knows nothing how are the similarities between Yoruba and Igbo even similar to the wide diversity between Humans?

All groups in Southern Nigeria up to Togo share many similarities in Language, culture and religion that's an undoubted fact and in my opinion if Nigeria must split it should be a north south divide and not a south east, south central, south west etc divide as IPOB continously promote
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Idiko1: 2:34pm On Oct 11, 2021
AlexBells:

Look the sit at home is beyond Biafra, Kanu is Igbo and I'm sitting at home for my brother but I tell you what if Kanu is Ijaw be be he Biafra or whatever name you call it and you put up such order come out and say shit,

So don't get it confused no one is against the sit at home,

If there is no true red-blooded Igbo person or true Biafran who is against the sit-at-home, why the hype about the so-called referendum for Biafra or Republic of Igboland? The ideology to have a country different from Nigeria has been second nature to Igbo person. The spineless call for referendum on the issue of Republic of Igboland or Republic of Biafra is a bureaucratic shenanigan created by halfwits in Nigeria.
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by BKayy: 2:37pm On Oct 11, 2021
Abohboy:

Easier trade as there is no border between groups
Access to a much larger economy and nation
Potential to recieve larger bank of investments ( larger nation )
Higher demand from other areas for manufactured goods and agricultural goods means more revenue for Ndigbo

Besides it's 2021 is there really a point in dividing at this point in time? Should we not weather through this dryspot in history and see what we can do to build back better? A group recently did a consultation with Ifa and Afa and they said Nigeria is rife for revolution come 2022 and by 2023 there will be a massive change shall we not wait for that massive change to occur before automatically choosing secession?
I will answer you in one, two, three

1.) Easier trade is guaranteed where there is free movement of goods in and out of the country . Can that be said for Ndigbo in Nigeria where their own and nearest ports (Eastern ports) are blocked by Nigerian port policy?

2.)Ndigbo leaving Nigeria will make Igbo land the largest Economy in West Africa after the limits placed by us by Nigeria, eg the ports is relieved.
Secondly Nigeria is not a nation as they lack all the characteristics to be called one. Contraption is the name and right now with the death toll of 7 million since independent and 300,000 as of last year, how many do you think will be alive in the next 50 years to call themselves big?

3.) immediately Igboland leaves Nigeria, any bank or multinational that intends to deal with the new nation must establish a base in the new Country significantly increasing her chance for receiving investments. While many starts investing in the country directly as a way of increasing their influence and reach.

4.)the birth of Igboland will lead to the immediate regulation on the quality of agricultural products thereby increasing the health of the population not positioning it to a dumpster. The country in her own creates an arm to handle the agricultural needs of the country based on the country's taste.

Infact Nigeria is a Curse to Igboland.
A contraption designed with the sole aim of punishing and trying Ndigbo down

I didn't even care to ask you if you might be confident to travel by road to the other parts of the so called Country right now.

4 Likes

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Idiko1: 2:38pm On Oct 11, 2021
AlexBells:

Biafra didn't have enough weapons nor international connections at the start of the war

Was the war a planned undertaken by Biafrans? Biafrans simply stood up against the aggressors. The talk of weapon or lack thereof in Biafra is the manifestation of the spineless saboteurs.
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Igboid: 2:38pm On Oct 11, 2021
Abohboy:

They share all those terms you mentioned but simply under a different name Ala is similar to the Ogboni deity or essentially a deity of the earth and when it comes to the concept of Chi the Yoruba have the concept of Ori or the spiritual self i've talked to people who know more then 10 times what you know about Igbo religion and they all tell me there's massive similarities between the two you know Medicine Shell that Youtube Channel on Igbo history and religion i've talked to them severally and they agreed there's similarities not only in the divination process but also in the names of deities, shrine figures, spiritual self and even with masquerades you're the one who knows nothing how are the similarities between Yoruba and Igbo even similar to the wide diversity between Humans?

All groups in Southern Nigeria up to Togo share many similarities in Language, culture and religion that's an undoubted fact and in my opinion if Nigeria must split it should be a north south divide and not a south east, south central, south west etc divide as IPOB continously promote

Nope Ala is not same as Ogboni. grin
Ala is not an occultic group. It's a deity in charge of fertility and abundance, that must be cleansed once defiled by those who committed abomination.
Stop overreaching Biko.
Ori has nothing to do with "Chi" if it were, it would be part of Yoruba naming system like Chi.

Ndiigbo don't share much with west Africa. Our kin and kiths are more in Central Africa.

1 Like

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by BKayy: 2:38pm On Oct 11, 2021
AlexBells:

This two decades could be solved by one decade of political maneuvers and the cost wouldn't have to interrupt our civilisation
7 million death toll since independence is what you call civilisation?
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by BKayy: 2:39pm On Oct 11, 2021
Igboid:

Ala is not an occupy group. It's a deity in charge of fertility and abundance, that must be cleansed once defiled by those who committed abomination.
Stop overreaching Biko.
Ori has nothing to do with "Chi" if it were, it would be part of Yoruba naming system like Chi.

Ndiigbo don't share much with west Africa. Our kin and kiths are more in Central Africa.
We are not even supposed to be in West Africa. We don't know these people (Yoruba, ashanti, etc)
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Igboid: 2:39pm On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

1.) Easier trade is guaranteed where there is free movement of goods in and out of the country . Can that be said for Ndigbo in Nigeria where there own and nearest ports (Eastern ports) are blocked by Nigerian port policy?

2.)Ndigbo leaving Nigeria will make Igbo land the largest Economy in West Africa after the limits placed by us by Nigeria, eg the ports is relieved.
Secondly Nigeria is not a nation as they lack all the characteristics to be called one. Contraption is the name and right now with the death toll of 7 million since independent and 300,000 as of last year, how many do you think will be alive in the next 50 years to call themselves big?

3.) immediately Igboland leaves Nigeria, any bank or multinational that intends to deal with the new nation must establish a base in the new Country significantly increasing her chance for receiving investments. While many starts investing in the country immediately.

4.)the birth of Igboland will lead to the immediate regulation on the quality of agricultural products thereby increasing the health of the population not positioning it to a dumpster. The country in her own creates an arm to handle the agricultural needs of the country based on the country's taste.

I didn't even care to ask you if you might be confident to travel by road to the other parts of the so called Country right now.

Excellent come back.

2 Likes

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Igboid: 2:41pm On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

We are not even supposed to be in West Africa
That might be one of the first things we will do once we leave NIGERIA.
We will leave ECOWAS and join Central Africa equivalent organization.
We belong with the likes of Ambazonia, Gabon,Equitorial Guinea, etc.
That's our root and traditional trading routes.

1 Like

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 2:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
Idiko1:

Was the war a planned undertaken by Biafrans? Biafrans simply stood up against the aggressors. The talk of weapon or lack thereof in Biafra is the manifestation of the spineless saboteurs.
A war is a war, don't give no excuse for being caught by surprise, Mberede Nyiri Dike man Mberede ka eji ama Dike
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by BKayy: 2:44pm On Oct 11, 2021
AlexBells:

A war is a war, don't give no excuse for being caught by surprise, Mberede Nyiri Dike man Mberede ka eji ama Dike
So some people waking up and attacking a particular group of foreigners in their place is a war?
Then that same group being funded to attack the homeland some of the foreigners they killed before in their place is war?

Was it the establishment of Biafra that triggered the genocide?
If No then Biafra was a response to a genocide and Nigeria an abomination

2 Likes

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 2:44pm On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

7 million death toll since independence is what you call civilisation?
No building of first Niger Bridge under 6 months during the government of MI Okpara and Zik is what I call civilisation the war is a story for another day

1 Like

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Abohboy: 2:45pm On Oct 11, 2021
Igboid:

Ala is not an occupy group. It's a deity in charge of fertility and abundance, that must be cleansed once defiled by those who committed abomination.
Stop overreaching Biko.

I was giving an example of a similaritiy Ala has to do with earth and so does Ogboni only difference is that the Ogboni formed a group around it meaning that Ogboni it more like the Ekpe society of the Igbos

I'll try and find what is actually considered Ala in the Yoruba religion but I assure you there's a name for it

Ori has everything to do with Chi it is the spiritual self that resides in the body and they are stilll different languages so how exactly do you expect them to have the same name?

And it is impossible for the Kin and Kith of the Igbos to be in Central Africa because those in Central Africa belong to a completely different language group which the Igbos are not part of, Central Africa is Bantu meanwhile Yoruba are niger congo just like the Igbo so that statement alone tells me that you don't know shit about DNA, culture or even similarities in DNA and culture
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by BKayy: 2:46pm On Oct 11, 2021
AlexBells:

No building of first Niger Bridge under 6 months during the government of MI Okpara and Zik is what I call civilisation the war is a story for another day
If Igboland was Independent, how many bridges and ports do you think will be in Igboland by now?
How many cities do you think will exist around that place the current bridge is today?
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 2:47pm On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

So some people waking up and attacking a particular group of foreigners in their place is a war?
Then that same group being funded to attack the homeland some of the foreigners they killed before in their place is war?

Was it the establishment of Biafra that triggered the genocide?
If No then Biafra was a response to a genocide and Nigeria an abomination
You seem to misunderstand terrorism and confuse it for a war, the war was an Offshoot of the first coup and Ojukwu had three months after the Aburi accord what weapons and what international lobbying was done with those time or he just sat in Enugu abd declared Biafra meanwhile if some Minority Fulanis terrorists attacked us then we declare a new country lol, cawardise in the highest places what happened to direct retaliation ?
Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 2:48pm On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

If Igboland was Independent, how many bridges and ports do you think will be in Igboland by now?
How many cities do you think will exist around that place the current bridge is today?
If the first Republic was not destroyed I bet Eastern Region would be like South Korea by now

1 Like

Re: Do People Still Believe In One Nigeria by Abohboy: 2:49pm On Oct 11, 2021
BKayy:

1.) Easier trade is guaranteed where there is free movement of goods in and out of the country . Can that be said for Ndigbo in Nigeria where their own and nearest ports (Eastern ports) are blocked by Nigerian port policy?

3.) immediately Igboland leaves Nigeria, any bank or multinational that intends to deal with the new nation must establish a base in the new Country significantly increasing her chance for receiving investments. While many starts investing in the country directly as a way of increasing their influence and reach.

A contraption designed with the sole aim of punishing and trying Ndigbo down

China has a death toll of over 100 million since independence does that make China a contraption?

The ports being closed is due to the lack of good leadership but you cannot ignore the fact that three ports are under construction in the east the Warri port, Bakassi port and Bonny port so to say there's no progress being made in free trade to the east is false even with bad leadershio we're moving forward

The rest of your points are emotional and not based upon any actual economic basis so i'll ignore those the fact of the matter is that having an independent nation won't ensure progress or even good leadership you can't vote good leaders now why would you be able to vote good leaders in ethnic states just answer that question for me this is the sixth time i've asked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Zainab Ahmed: COVID-19 May Force 11m Nigerians Into Poverty By 2022 / Enugu Polls: Apga, Sdp, Pdp Deny Apc Allegation Against Inec / States and Yorubas That Will Not Join Oduduwa Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.