Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Don't Call Me Babe! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Call Me Babe! (3644 Views)

She Complained Bitterly That I Don't Call Her Anymore. Imagine The Nonsense. / Guys Pls Help Me Out I'm Dating A Girl Dat Don't Call,flash Nor Even Text Msg. / Why Do Some Men Ask For Your Number But Don't Call? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Call Me Babe! by chinedumo(m): 4:16pm On May 31, 2011
Am in need of an explanation to this phenomenon 

This is not a case where a girl dislikes a certain name being used on her or for her
she still accepts the same name from others!

but from a particular guy she says(in the middle or better, end of a conversation)

, and Don't call be Babe!
or
, don't call me sweetheart
or
, don't 'sweetheart' me!!

this is not a firm instruction or permanent one
it is a little serious and a little playful

what do you think it means?
Do you think it is a message(a message different from the literal words)

is it a way of her specifying the type of relationship she has with you
a relationship she is in or the way she wants the relationship to be?

Could she say it because she feels attracted to you (she has given a thought about you, the name you call her and what it means for her)

Could she be saying it because she feels guilty

Could it be a way of knocking you back to reality- that you are not in a romantic relationship and there is no reason to pretend or imagine it so

or Could it be a request for you to do  the necessary thing/make the necessary arrangements towards her if you see her that way and what her in a romantic way and want her as your babe

Could she be saying it because she think you are manipulative
Could it be a way off cutting of a romantic relationship with you
may she feels deceived
Or she if beginning to find you irritating
she no more likes you or is comfortable with you
is she suspicious/confused of you(she needs to clear her head)
is she putting the relationship "on hold"

She is hiding her relationship with you from the public(maybe she is ashamed of you). she doesn't want people to get the impression that she is your babe when you call her babe in public

what is the right/best reaction to this

Do you ignore her and keep calling her
what of a case in which she is your Boss/authority figure

IS this a situation when she say this and actually means the opposite
and so you are to act the opposite too?

Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by MrCork17: 4:19pm On May 31, 2011
bro can you repeat the question?  undecided
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by chinedumo(m): 4:27pm On May 31, 2011
Don't you understand the question?

Mr, Cork:

bro can you repeat the question?  undecided
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by BABE3: 4:36pm On May 31, 2011
What's all this now?-- you wanted to give me a heart attack on top my name. I thought another groupie created a topic about me. --pls next time---- undecided
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 31, 2011
^^ Who dash you groupie? angry
grin
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by chinedumo(m): 4:39pm On May 31, 2011
u obviously love the name babe

will u on any occasion prefer not to be called that name?

BABE!:

What's all this now?-- you wanted to give a heart attack on top my name. I thought another groupie created a topic about me. --pls next time---- undecided
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 31, 2011
Chinedu, you and your inquiries lol. I will give you my answers and my reasons for not wanting to be called such.

1.) Sometimes I meet guys, and they're giving me nicknames that day. Highly annoying. I think babe, sweetheart, sweetie, etc., are terms of endearment and should be used for that special someone rather than a stranger one has just met.
2.) Sometimes guys use those nicknames for me thinking I'm that special someone when I'm not, or they use the nickname thinking it will woo me. It will not. If anything I find it disrespectful. A guy can't be too interested in me if he isn't willing to learn about me and my flaws before calling me "baby".
3.) In some ways, not wanting someone to call me a nickname is a way of me specifying the relationship between us. If we're friends, I prefer it if he calls me by my name. I even prefer it when a boyfriend calls me by my name, but I won't enforce that with a boyfriend. Not at all.
4.) If I'm cutting off a relationship, I will say that's what I'm doing. I won't tell him to stop calling me such names as a means of ending it.

Now that all that's been said, I hardly ever tell someone not to call me those names lol. I do get highly annoyed by it and would prefer it if people used the names my parents gave me. However, I don't tell them to stop unless that person has made me angry. I think guys who call girls "babe" and those other names think it's part of their "swag" lol, so I let them be. I don't throw sand into anyone's garri. The people that call me those names hardly get my time of day though, except for one person, and that's because we have history between us.
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by chinedumo(m): 5:36pm On May 31, 2011
to be positive is good

do u think that someone who finds u attractive
of all the women in this world
wants u as his one and only
is doing wrong if he occasionally refers to u as a babe?

ogugua88:

Chinedu, you and your inquiries lol. I will give you my answers and my reasons for not wanting to be called such.

1.) Sometimes I meet guys, and they're giving me nicknames that day. Highly annoying. I think babe, sweetheart, sweetie, etc., are terms of endearment and should be used for that special someone rather than a stranger one has just met.
2.) Sometimes guys use those nicknames for me thinking I'm that special someone when I'm not, or they use the nickname thinking it will woo me. It will not. If anything I find it disrespectful. A guy can't be too interested in me if he isn't willing to learn about me and my flaws before calling me "baby".
3.) In some ways, not wanting someone to call me a nickname is a way of me specifying the relationship between us. If we're friends, I prefer it if he calls me by my name. I even prefer it when a boyfriend calls me by my name, but I won't enforce that with a boyfriend. Not at all.
4.) If I'm cutting off a relationship, I will say that's what I'm doing. I won't tell him to stop calling me such names as a means of ending it.

Now that all that's been said, I hardly ever tell someone not to call me those names lol. I do get highly annoyed by it and would prefer it if people used the names my parents gave me. However, I don't tell them to stop unless that person has made me angry. I think guys who call girls "babe" and those other names think it's part of their "swag" lol, so I let them be. I don't throw sand into anyone's garri. The people that call me those names hardly get my time of day though, except for one person, and that's because we have history between us.
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by nellaluv(f): 5:37pm On May 31, 2011
Do you mean babe or baby?
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 31, 2011
chinedumo:
to be positive is good

do u think that someone who finds u attractive
of all the women in this world
wants u as his one and only
is doing wrong if he occasionally refers to u as a babe?

Depends on when he starts calling me that. If the feelings are mutual, then it's fine. I've run into guys who start calling me their one and only from the get go. I find it foolish lol.
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by MrCork17: 5:48pm On May 31, 2011
ogugua88 (f). sweeery can i love you like Samson and delala? wink
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by Dsense(m): 5:50pm On May 31, 2011
OP.

Honestly, this is craps undecided
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by BABE3: 5:53pm On May 31, 2011
2buff:

^^ Who dash you groupie? angry
grin
Aren't you one of them?! grin

chinedumo:

u obviously love the name babe

will u on any occasion prefer not to be called that name?

I've been attempting to change my username to LONDON or GUCCI. grin I don't  love the name BABE. It's just aight. I call anyone babe too (male or female). I don't mind it sha.
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 31, 2011
ME keh cheesy

Wo baby yi, I no send you like that to create a thread about you.  grin
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by BABE3: 6:06pm On May 31, 2011
^^ Well, technically, you're a misdirected Groupie, which makes you a hater. grin
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 31, 2011
^^Lol in your cute little black and white world.

I said I no send you "like that". wink
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by BABE3: 6:10pm On May 31, 2011
^^^ OK o! I don hear. smiley
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by iice(f): 3:57am On Jun 01, 2011
Na wah.
For me, if i say don't call me babe. . .i mean it as it is. Don't call me that.
I'd take babe over sweetheart do. That one sounds crappy to me.
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by MrsChima1(f): 4:00am On Jun 01, 2011
Hey sugas! tongue tongue
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by Nobody: 5:20am On Jun 01, 2011
chinedumo:

Am in need of an explanation to this phenomenon 

This is not a case where a girl dislikes a certain name being used on her or for her
she still accepts the same name from others!

but from a particular guy she says(in the middle or better, end of a conversation)

, and Don't call be Babe!
or
, don't call me sweetheart
or
, don't 'sweetheart' me!!

this is not a firm instruction or permanent one
it is a little serious and a little playful

what do you think it means?
Do you think it is a message(a message different from the literal words)

is it a way of her specifying the type of relationship she has with you
a relationship she is in or the way she wants the relationship to be?

Could she say it because she feels attracted to you (she has given a thought about you, the name you call her and what it means for her)

Could she be saying it because she feels guilty

Could it be a way of knocking you back to reality- that you are not in a romantic relationship and there is no reason to pretend or imagine it so

or Could it be a request for you to do  the necessary thing/make the necessary arrangements towards her if you see her that way and what her in a romantic way and want her as your babe

Could she be saying it because she think you are manipulative
Could it be a way off cutting of a romantic relationship with you
may she feels deceived
Or she if beginning to find you irritating
she no more likes you or is comfortable with you
is she suspicious/confused of you(she needs to clear her head)
is she putting the relationship "on hold"

She is hiding her relationship with you from the public(maybe she is ashamed of you). she doesn't want people to get the impression that she is your babe when you call her babe in public

what is the right/best reaction to this

Do you ignore her and keep calling her
what of a case in which she is your Boss/authority figure

IS this a situation when she say this and actually means the opposite
and so you are to act the opposite too?

If not for the fact that you look nothing like my bf in that your profile pic (which is a relief cuz i WOULD HAVE LEAVE NL AND NEVER TO COME BACK) I would have though my bf has landed on nairaland. I said the same thing to him I mean the same thing.

Don't worry about it. I just do not find all this lovey dovey petnames attractive. Just not me. I told him not called me "baby" or sweetheart" But my bf knows the kind of person I am lol he still calls me "baby" I am used to it now anyway. We are cool.

Trust me your babe means no harm. Like I said, I said the same thing to my bf and I love him to death. I can not imagine my life with another other man.
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by Pweety4me(f): 5:36am On Jun 01, 2011
iice:

Na wah.

Abi?some guys sef, must they generalise all female behaviours geeez!
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 01, 2011
rokiatu:

If not for the fact that you look nothing like my bf in that your profile pic (which is a relief cuz i WOULD HAVE LEAVE NL AND NEVER TO COME BACK) I would have though my bf has landed on nairaland. I said the same thing to him I mean the same thing.

Don't worry about it. I just do not find all this lovey dovey petnames attractive. Just not me. I told him not called me "baby" or sweetheart" But my bf knows the kind of person I am lol he still calls me "baby" I am used to it now anyway. We are cool.

Trust me your babe means no harm. Like I said, I said the same thing to my bf and I love him to death. I can not imagine my life with another other man.

Wait, your bf?!! angry
How DARE you sully my good name by commiting adultery against me?!! angry angry
I'm your husband!!! angry angry angry tongue
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 01, 2011
LOL back to your original name hmm? cheesy
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 01, 2011
^^ That's besides the point!!! angry angry angry tongue
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 01, 2011
I am not cheating Oo I was talking about you.
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 01, 2011
That's what I thought. angry
In the mean time you might here several beeps from your phone from time to time. Do not be alarmed. grin
It is certainly [b]NOT [/b]a GPS tracking device. cheesy
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by Zahnda(f): 10:33pm On Jun 01, 2011
Don't call me babe, means just that, DO NOT CALL ME BABE!

Next!
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by chinedumo(m): 12:17pm On Jun 02, 2011
I cant tell the difference

nellaluv:

Do you mean babe or baby?
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by chinedumo(m): 12:20pm On Jun 02, 2011
u dont think this is open for a discussion?
do u make absolute/uni-literal decisions in ur relationships and not bi-literal

Zahnda:

Don't call me babe, means just that, DO NOT CALL ME BABE!

Next!
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by MMM2(m): 12:29pm On Jun 02, 2011
dont call me babe call me Womanliness angry
Re: Don't Call Me Babe! by chinedumo(m): 12:37pm On Jun 02, 2011
a nice suggestion but not always the best

if u both issuing ultimatums to each other
this may not get better

trouble gives sign b4 it comes
if u nip it in the bud u can prevent a major disaster

iice:

Na wah.

(1) (Reply)

A Girl Who Nags A Lot And Always Threatens To Quit / Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends / A Touching Story: Am 37 Without A Suitor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.