Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,478 members, 7,830,406 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future (44871 Views)

See 5 Things I Did As A Teenager That I Still Benefit From As An Adult (pictures / 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting / "Passenger In Keke Turns Python, Swallows A Boy In Bonny" - Apostle Paul Umoru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 24, 2021
EjaikreTheViper:
Forget. All those things na normal jejeti. That same girl could be banging different guys. Religion is a scam. It's the opium of the people. It's a tool created by man to subject his fellow man to a life of puppetry
shame on u
Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by Pataricatering(f): 10:58am On Oct 24, 2021
jubrilELsudan:
AM SURE NOW SHE IS FVCKING ONE OF HER PASTORS.
why are some of you people always so stupid ? The girl is sixteen , if any pastor is sleeping with her its rape .
Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by Horladipupo0505: 11:00am On Oct 24, 2021
mmsen:
Religion/Supersition is everywhere in Nigeria.

Please tell me what good it has done the people?
what people get wrong in here is that, christainity is not a religion, it is a way of life on which Jesus has given to us. So Christ is the best thing that can happen to man

2 Likes

Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by ictplotter(m): 11:01am On Oct 24, 2021
The way and manner Christians abuse the word HOLY SPIRIT is uncalled. Which one be holy and unholy spirit? Just been gullible, u will be fit into christianity.

1 Like

Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by hopefulLandlord: 11:02am On Oct 24, 2021
doggedfighter:
I've been waiting and refreshing this thread to see what you will change this post to. don't make me wait in vain sad

1 Like

Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by Elsueno: 11:04am On Oct 24, 2021
Jeromejnr:
I prayed for something some years back. I needed an answer to a question.
Eventually i visited a woman's house for the first time and not too long after I entered her house, her small child who I beleive wasn't up to 10 years old said he had a word from God and he gave me the answer to the prayer I had sought God for.

I remembered that day, I did not hold my peace a little bit. I had to talk to his mom that ...WOAH!!!! does your son usually hear from God, that he just gave me the answer to what I had been asking and having doubts about. She said yea that all her children do.

And that knowledge was too great for that kid at that time.

Tell me more pls, did his eyes glow as well, lmao

1 Like

Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by Bigpapi: 11:05am On Oct 24, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future

It was a girl I came across in a keke a couple of years back, who was on school uniform and on her way back from school, but to my greatest surprise she asked for permission to share the Word of God with me.

It was really surprising for me to see a girl of her age (about sixteen years or less), yet have God on her mind to the extent of wanting to share His Word with others, especially considering the amount of distractions the society poses in this day and age to take away young people's minds from God.

So i immediately obliged letting her know that I was also a child of God to encourage her a bit and make her feel more comfortable to share whatever she had in mind with me.

So she started preaching, and while she did I listened very attentively to what she had to say. As she kept speaking, it came to a point that it became clear to me that she was sent by God, for some of the things she said she couldn't have possibly known without the help of the Holy Spirit, since they had to do with my spiritual life walk with God, and that was the first time we had ever met.

After she was through and had prayed for me, I told her that I believe she was sent to me by the Holy Spirit because there were things she was saying about me that she wouldn't have known except He had let her know. And she said yes, that she wanted to refuse but...

So she actually knew she was sent by the Holy Spirit, which was also surprising to me, because I thought that she was sent without knowing it, but she let me know that it was actually the Spirit of God that was leading her to show that she already had a walk with Him.

I understand that it wasn't easy for her, hence her initial reluctance, but she showed she was willing to do what the Spirit had led her to do, by still going ahead regardless, hence the Spirit of God gave her the courage she needed to talk to a stranger, she was meeting for the first time, who was by far her senior in a public place.

I thanked her for yielding herself to the instruction of the Spirit, because it was timely and also encouraging to yet receive another endorsement from God via someone I had never met before.

But what was encouraged me the most was to see someone so young yet walking with God to the extent of being led of His Spirit, in a society where most teenagers were being led of the flesh and the things of the world. It inspired hope in me for the future.

I prayed that God kept her yielded to His Spirit, and also hoped that her example inspires other teenagers and show them that it's still possible to be a teenager in this day and age, and still be led by the Spirit and not the things of the flesh.

God bless.

Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by bong4(m): 11:06am On Oct 24, 2021
HenryDion:
I had a similar experience in secondary school, except I was also a fellow student. I'll never forget her name, Josephine.

One of the strongest and highly anointed student minister. She was able to brainwash me into following her to SU every Wednesday.

She's an epitome of holiness. Even when fellow girls mistakenly rub powder on her face, she will cry and cry as if she has been given a ticket to hell.

Every Friday, we'll go for evangelism to other classes. Perhaps she's the reason I worked on how to speak in public without shame.

After our SSCE, it happened that Josephine was caught in one of the uncompleted buildings in school, being ravaged from behind by a classmate who have already sworn that school wasn't for him.

When the news was made around school, I couldn't believe it. Josephine?

No... It can't be Josephine.

I never believed it, until after six months when I accidentally ran into her in a popular market in Umuahia.

Behold, not only was the rumour true, but she was already with a protruding stomach that proved the did happen.

She avoided me, and I pretended not to have seen her. You see this life... Hm mmm

Truly, you are a terrific content writer.
Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by 2braithe: 11:06am On Oct 24, 2021
thesicilian:
She probably says those same things to everyone

How will what pertains to him also be same for everyone.
I guess you didn't read it through.
Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by Emmadoc: 11:11am On Oct 24, 2021
OLDESTWARRIBOY:

Make God send am go meet Buhari and all our useless politicians na....make the country change

But abeg make Dem no send am go all those core northern politicians o but Dem no go turn am to Dem 17th wife

Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by dazzlingd(m): 11:12am On Oct 24, 2021
atheistandproud:
She get luck say I no follow her Sidon that Keke.

She for explain Nicea council for me.

The stupid op and his dumb girl live in ignorance, wetin concern them with Nicea council, once they can speak in tongues, fast and pray with their smelly mouths. Then share and delight in their dumb decisions, they will continue to mount keke and okada in the streets of Lagos while the world is advancing, while their daddy GO is cruising in private jet.
I don't envy them.

4 Likes

Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 24, 2021
bong4:

Truly, you are a terrific content writer.

Lol.. Is it that you're doubting the story, or you're complimenting me cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by seyz91(m): 11:15am On Oct 24, 2021
confirm!
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

‘Flammable’ and ‘Inflammable’ mean the same thing.

cool
Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by drightguy(m): 11:19am On Oct 24, 2021
HenryDion:
I had a similar experience in secondary school, except I was also a fellow student. I'll never forget her name, Josephine.

One of the strongest and highly anointed student minister. She was able to brainwash me into following her to SU every Wednesday.

She's an epitome of holiness. Even when fellow girls mistakenly rub powder on her face, she will cry and cry as if she has been given a ticket to hell.

Every Friday, we'll go for evangelism to other classes. Perhaps she's the reason I worked on how to speak in public without shame.

After our SSCE, it happened that Josephine was caught in one of the uncompleted buildings in school, being ravaged from behind by a classmate who have already sworn that school wasn't for him.

When the news was made around school, I couldn't believe it. Josephine?

No... It can't be Josephine.

I never believed it, until after six months when I accidentally ran into her in a popular market in Umuahia.

Behold, not only was the rumour true, but she was already with a protruding stomach that proved the did happen.

She avoided me, and I pretended not to have seen her. You see this life... Hm mmm

At every point in time always try to know what God is teaching you.

People may wander off the right path but God never changes. The race is personal, look not unto man.

3 Likes

Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by dazzlingd(m): 11:25am On Oct 24, 2021
adonainana:
When her mates are busy in Silicon Valley doing great things

Her she is busy preaching what white men brought to us to deceive and enslave us

Yet 200
Years after they came and left we are still
Battling with it, a 16 year old girl now sees everything wrong with the world except her own side of things

The next Nigerian generation is here to brainwash the next generation till infinity

Meanwhile

My kids must not grow up in Nigeria.
This environment will Bleep u up mentally.
Shitty people, dirty religion. So bad when religion mess u up and you think u are doing something righteous.
U did not go to church, they will see u as one evil bad child.

2 Likes

Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by jubrilELsudan: 11:26am On Oct 24, 2021
Pataricatering:
why are some of you people always so stupid ? The girl is sixteen , if any pastor is sleeping with her its rape .

YOU ARE VERY STUPID.

GO JOIN A DEPARTMENT IN CHURCH THEN YOU WILL SEE THAT THE PASTOR IS FVCKING AND ANNOITING THE KUKUNASE OF ALL THE SMALL GIRLS IN HIS CHURCH.

Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by Prechgold1180(m): 11:29am On Oct 24, 2021
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

cool
Flammable and inflammable do not mean the same thing. If something is flammable it means it can be set fire to, such as a piece of wood. However, inflammable means that a substance is capabble of bursting into flames without the need for any ignition. ... The opposite of both words is non-flammable
Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by dreyboard(m): 11:31am On Oct 24, 2021
African and their religion wahala is just like Nigeria government and corruption..., They can never depart embarassed
Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by titusmichael27(m): 11:39am On Oct 24, 2021
Why do you always want a "better world" or America in Africa in every thing people say? Why are you here? You should be in your mansion at Washington DC or New York city. Let me help you settle this issue once and for All. Nigeria will never be without selfish, corrupt politicians and terrorists so settle down. The world will never be as the garden of Eden so learn to adapt and be okay cos you'll soon pass away. Can I shock you for a second? Things will only get worst so you better get ready for it cos your nagging won't solve any thing. Religion is what they taught us in school but the real thing is that this is the way of life from time immemorial.
Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by 10kgod(m): 11:40am On Oct 24, 2021
[quote author=Athemisia post=107012814]
They're not...
If something is flammable it means it can be set fire to, such as a piece of wood. However, inflammable means that a substance is capabble of bursting into flames without the need for any ignition.[/quote

But dictionary confirmed it to be synonymous to each other and the third word that has the same meaning with the aforementioned words is combustible.
Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by atheistandproud(m): 11:50am On Oct 24, 2021
dazzlingd:

The stupid op and his dumb girl live in ignorance, wetin concern them with Nicea council, once they can speak in tongues, fast and pray with their smelly mouths. Then share and delight in their dumb decisions, they will continue to mount keke and okada in the streets of Lagos while the world is advancing, while their daddy GO is cruising in private jet.
I don't envy them.

Ayam telling you.
Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 24, 2021
atheistandproud:
She get luck say I no follow her Sidon that Keke.

She for explain Nicea council for me.
gringrin the things her parents can't answer u wan ask little child?
Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by CALCULUS16: 11:52am On Oct 24, 2021
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

cool
flammable-anything that can catch fire by bringing flame to it e.g wood inflammable-anything that can catch fire without u touching it with fire/flame but a little spark can cause it to catch fire easily e.g cooking gas
Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by doggedfighter(f): 12:12pm On Oct 24, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
I've been waiting and refreshing this thread to see what you will change this post to. don't make me wait in vain sad

Lol, I almost forgot.
Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by joshkke(m): 12:15pm On Oct 24, 2021
Following the replies to this thread did not surprise me. It only saddened me, that the default position of most people on Nairaland (read the world) about anything LORD JESUS CHRIST is scoffing, mockery, and jest. It's not surprising because they fulfill the scriptures.
Psalm 1 vs 1.
BLESSED is the man who walks not in the counsel of the 1ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful;

And again II Pet 3. 2-4

that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior, knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”

So, all you are doing, as many as did this, is just fulfilling scriptures. Where you go from there, will also be the fulfillment of scriptures. Your choice really.

3 Likes

Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by 10mobile: 12:22pm On Oct 24, 2021
eagleonearth:
How can you run when you don't know the way of the spirit?

How can you walk when you don't know the way of the wind?

Any human led by God's Spirit is like the wind. You can see the wind blowing but can't tell where it's coming from or going...

The Christian's journey becomes easier when the Holy Spirit is fully incharge

Shalom and happy Sunday
You seem to have an answer that I seek...

How can I be TRULY, TOTALLY, and THOROUGHLY be led by the Holy Spirit of the Living God in Christ Jesus?
Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by Innobee99(m): 12:28pm On Oct 24, 2021
Lizlee:

LMAO grin grin
U no get sense small one fa

Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by kingxsamz(m): 12:29pm On Oct 24, 2021
Lol, nothing special about it. She's just brainwashed. Most Christians don't even practice what they teach sef.
Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 24, 2021
EjaikreTheViper:
[s]Forget. All those things na normal jejeti. That same girl could be banging different guys. Religion is a scam. It's the opium of the people. It's a tool created by man to subject his fellow man to a life of puppetry[/s]
get thee behind me
Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:38pm On Oct 24, 2021
highness25:
You haven't really told us what she said that inspired hope in you.
I said it but you weren't inspired.

Not my fault.
Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by Christmasdon(m): 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2021
GOD BLESS GOD.
Re: What A Teenager In A Keke Said That Inspired Hope In Me For The Future by omoadeleye(m): 12:56pm On Oct 24, 2021
thesicilian:
She probably says those same things to everyone

Do you mean like a format?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bishop Mike Okonkwo’s Daughter To Wed (photos) / Bishop Sam Zuga: "Why Muslims Are Better Than Christians" / Pastor Adeboye: Coronavirus Will Kill Only Those Whose Time Has Come To Die

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.