Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. (15066 Views)

With 18k What Is The Best Phone I Can Afford? / Best Phone Camera According To Latest Research / New And Latest Codes For Free Internet Browsing On Both Phones And Computer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by midastouch: 3:22pm On Jun 03, 2011
I use a HTC Desire that runs GingerBread (v2.2) of the Android OS. It browses really nicely. But I will still choose an iPhone 4 for browsing any day.

Its no secret that Apple is the one developing/maintaining the browser engine of choice (Webkit) for modern smartphones like Android and Palm/HP.

Browsing on the iPhone and iPad is butter smooth, fast and takes the biscuit.
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by dollypi(m): 3:28pm On Jun 03, 2011
I use the N900 from Nokia. It's the Best internet browsing experience I've ever had from a mobile. Power hungry though.
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by onyemalach: 3:56pm On Jun 03, 2011
sup bro,
Wats the configuration of ur laptop? cos i need a laptop with at least a webcam n shud be very neat. How much does it go for?
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by 2ndThought(m): 4:00pm On Jun 03, 2011
I use a HTC Desire that runs GingerBread (v2.2) of the Android OS. It browses really nicely. But I will still choose an iPhone 4 for browsing any day.

Question: how do you cope with these touchscreen phones under the glare of the Nigerian sun?
I know you are drawing attention to some of the greatest offerings on the market right now, but would argue that the cost of a 'HTC Desire' or 'iPhone 4' outweigh any benefits you actually derive.
No?
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by Vitality31(m): 4:17pm On Jun 03, 2011
anishe:

Use Nokia 3310. IBB uses same.
GBAM
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by midastouch: 4:31pm On Jun 03, 2011
@2ndThought

Question: how do you cope with these touchscreen phones under the glare of the Nigerian sun?
I know you are drawing attention to some of the greatest offerings on the market right now, but would argue that the cost of a 'HTC Desire' or 'iPhone 4' outweigh any benefits you actually derive.
No?

On most of these phones you can choose the screen brightness. When indoor, you lower it, when outdoor you crank it up. I do not have any problems with visibility under bright sunlight.

These high-end phones are not for everybody. If your business or lifestyle demands it, then the benefits should justify the cost. If you want the "mobility" + "constant-connection" and do not have so much money to spend, then try an iPod Touch. Its an iPhone without the phone part and its cheaper.
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by Dsense(m): 4:49pm On Jun 03, 2011
Iphone 4 . .Or Nokia E7(latest)
I'm also facing the same issue on what to settle with . .But i have just decided to take on Iphone 4 . .The best after consultation i made within people using both phones i mentioned above.
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by Flashaldrin(m): 4:49pm On Jun 03, 2011
It mostly depends on ur mobile network and ur data plan. Any nokia fone especially symbian fones will give u good speed
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by N101: 4:56pm On Jun 03, 2011
Best bets:

If you want touchscreen & keyboard: HTC Desire Z and BB Torch

Touchscreen only: Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire HD (HD is Android, HD7 is Windows Mobile 7)

If your internet is bad it won't improve with a better phone.
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by tonardo(m): 4:59pm On Jun 03, 2011
not phone cheek the strongest network in ur area an go 4 d network dont go 4 pon,
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by Dsense(m): 5:07pm On Jun 03, 2011
Flashaldrin:

It mostly depends on your mobile network and your data plan. Any nokia fone especially symbian fones will give u good speed

Who told you that? undecided
Android and iOS phones = HTC,Samsung and Iphones are considered as the best phones for surfing the internet!!!
Google it and see the result . . .Infact Iphone 4 is the best out there these days.
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by 2ndThought(m): 6:13pm On Jun 03, 2011
@midastouch,

I understand these phones are not for everybody and was actually looking at the issue of return on investment (ROI) when I made my earlier comment.
Swanky though they are, neither the 'HTC Desire' nor 'iPhone 4' are particularly suitable for the rugged Nigerian terrain, if truth be told.
I mean, we are talking about phones that lack a proper touchpad (hence difficult to use while on the move) and which are characterized by pretty poor battery life too.

If this thread had focused primarily on having a multi-purpose phone, which can support tons of applications as opposed to "internet browsing" in the main, your points would have greater resonance.
But since this is not the case, OP's interest would be best served by looking beyond a faddish outlook, I think.
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jun 03, 2011
try, nokia E63 with new opera 6.0, ists da bomb,
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by twinskenny(m): 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2011
HTC desire anyway
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by EfeEkarume1(m): 8:45pm On Jun 03, 2011
Nokia C5 is the best next S60v3 symbian phone. Its browsing speed is so rapid you don't even see it loads. It just open at a click.
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by bidemi12(m): 8:59pm On Jun 03, 2011
HTC Evo 4G, hands down.
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by 4ward(m): 9:03pm On Jun 03, 2011
try to use HTC desire/HTC Incredible
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by kabukabu(m): 9:32pm On Jun 03, 2011
motorola droid on Sprint 4g
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by lola34(f): 9:55pm On Jun 03, 2011
BB Torch. grin RIM did a good job with the new browser
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by Phony200(m): 10:03pm On Jun 03, 2011
If you're using a phone's native browser, it's usually not so fast. However, it's arguable the the latest Opera Mini browser on any good phone, iPhone included rocks to pieces more than any other one. Shikena.
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by bamosagie(m): 10:22pm On Jun 03, 2011
hmm, why not try nokia 3310
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by JeopardE(m): 11:00pm On Jun 03, 2011
midastouch:

Its no secret that Apple is the one developing/maintaining the browser engine of choice (Webkit) for modern smartphones like Android and Palm/HP.

Wrong sir. Apple did not invent WebKit -- WebKit was derived from the KHTML engine used by Qt/KDE (Which up until recently was owned by Nokia). Apple branded it "WebKit", but it has always been an open source project, and is currently maintained by contributors from many companies including Google, Samsung and Nokia.

The question of "best browser" is subjective.

If you want the best full web browsing experience, then you probably want to get the most powerful Android phone your money can buy with Adobe Flash installed (Samsung Galaxy S II, HTC Sensation, LG Optimus 2X).

If screen quality is your concern -- you want the it to look beautiful and not wash out in the sunlight, then you want to get one of the Samsung phones with S-AMOLED screens (Galaxy S II, Google Nexus S etc).

If you like the UI Apple products and you don't care about not having Flash capability, get an iPhone 4.

If you're more concerned about your budget (price of the phone, mobile 3G costs), then get a slightly older phone (HTC Desire/Desire HD for example) and install the Opera browser.

One more note -- there are several browser choices on Android that give you a range of options between power features and speed - Dolphin HD, Dolphin Mini, Miren, xScope, Opera Mini, Firefox etc. in addition to the native browser. If you get an Android phone, you'll want to take time to try out the different browser options and see which one works best for you.
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by Ossaifamous(m): 11:38pm On Jun 03, 2011
You guys are trippin , U should be all talkin about the best network to browse.
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by NumberOne2(m): 11:50pm On Jun 03, 2011
Most phones browse ok. The networks here are too poor. Since I used opera mini, I stopped using my phone browser. My advice, get a phone that supports opera mini (a java phone, iphone,, etc), as long as it an opera version and enjoy browsing. Alternatively, get a phone that supports 3g or 4g (they are expensive). They are the fastest for now.
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by rexfada(m): 8:27am On Jun 04, 2011
Try nokia x2-00. It rocks wella with opera 6.0 modded.
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by eddyking365(m): 9:05am On Jun 04, 2011
try nokia n63 with operamini5 its d best
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by mushufan2(m): 11:19am On Jun 04, 2011
[color=#000099][/color]

HTC HD7 OR HTC MYTOUCH 4G DAMN THESE FONES R GOOD
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by jakesund(m): 12:42pm On Jun 04, 2011
@donlittle, must yu advertise yur 2.0inch d1ck?, undecided

you've got a poor sense of humor, tongue

cant blame you though, your name speaks for itself,
DON-LITTLE-BRAIN cheesy
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 04, 2011
Guy consider dz.
1. Processor Speed and Ram of the mobile device

2. The platform/Operating System. Is it smooth, laggy or buggy.

3. Available future updates of the device . Several android don't get updates from manufacturers long after Google releases an update. HTC do release updates and have some of the best devices ön the planet.

4. Best of all battery life. Is it power hungry or, Can it go online for 8hrs without a single charge . Or else u will be charging ur device every two to three hours with 3G connection.

5. What wide range of browserz are available for the device. Iphone u get 1 or 2. Android u keep counting. Symbian same as android.
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by ogagusps3: 2:00pm On Jun 04, 2011
aze:

Guy consider dz.
1. Processor Speed and Ram of the mobile device

2. The platform/Operating System. Is it smooth, laggy or buggy.

3. Available future updates of the device . Several android don't get updates from manufacturers long after Google releases an update. HTC do release updates and have some of the best devices ön the planet.

4. Best of all battery life. Is it power hungry or, Can it go online for 8hrs without a single charge . Or else u will be charging your device every two to three hours with 3G connection.

5. What wide range of browserz are available for the device. Iphone u get 1 or 2. Android u keep counting. Symbian same as android.
The iPhone has more browsers than android. Just go to the app store and see gore yourself. I have 4 browsers on my iPhone. They're a lot more I've seen but not used. So please stop writing things your not sure of.
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by Akpanisong: 2:36pm On Jun 04, 2011
The best phone for internet browing is E5

Re: Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Phone For Internet Browsing?. by yesboss20(m): 12:02am On Jun 05, 2011
Nokia C5 is da bomb. It goes 4 a bit ova 20k. Enjoy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Hack Nokia E63 With Installservers Pack Problem / Stop Airtel Night Plan / Glo Overload. Get 2.5GB For N2000.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.