Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,502 members, 7,816,192 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock (8548 Views)

Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Addressing Panel At Stock Market Probe - Live / Court Nullifies Removal Of Ndi Okereke-Onyuike, Awards Her N500m / Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by Osama10(m): 9:23pm On Jun 02, 2011
Hmmmn, wonders everyday in naija. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by DisGuy: 9:23pm On Jun 02, 2011
Seems it's very easy now to blame the 'other' tribe now when an allegation has been made, under the GEJ govt, everyone now runs under the cover of 'tribalist' for the wrong doings  tongue tongue
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by monkeyleg: 9:29pm On Jun 02, 2011
She had better respond to this before it goes viral. A simple copy of her certificate would suffice, but this is another blow to who we are, you know oyibo pick up on the slightest to rubbish us
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by SEFAGO(m): 9:36pm On Jun 02, 2011
I think she's probably 'massaged' her work experience in her job application but I'm not sure about the claim that she did not get a PHD. If you subject everyone's job application to thorough scrutiny, you will find inconsistencies in a substantial number of job applications. It will be interesting to see what her response is.

I agree too, everything seems to add up logically on her CV.

I checked, and her CV seems to flow authentically. If she is a fraud, she must be a pretty good fraud.
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 02, 2011
SEFAGO:

I agree too, everything seems to add up logically on her CV.

I checked, and her CV seems to flow authentically. If she is a fraud, she must be a pretty good fraud.

A smart and perfect fraudster leaves no trace of his/her fraudulent activity.Just like philip emeagwali too.
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by Rhino5dm: 10:29pm On Jun 02, 2011
I was i actually thinking thesame line about Prof. Philip Emeagwali too until the truth came out. . .I hope i was wrong on this one.

dem_people:

@ Rhino,

Shurrrrrrrup! Andy Uba is a known fraudstar and I agree but the same can't be said about this woman. There must've been a mock-up somewhere. Maybe in her former names as an unmarried woman or something similar.
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by Odunnu: 10:34pm On Jun 02, 2011
Choi!
After all her gra gra. God, dont let this be true o.
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by dempeople(m): 10:37pm On Jun 02, 2011
^^^^^^

It can't be true. BTW your signature na die!  grin

Change "wu" to "nwu". There's nothing like "wu" in that context.

Also append "e" to "bu" and rewrite the whole sentence as; Ukwu nwanyi Owerri, é gà-ebu nwu kwa?
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by Odunnu: 10:42pm On Jun 02, 2011
Thanx a bunch
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by OAM4J: 10:44pm On Jun 02, 2011
dem_people:

^^^^^^

It can't be true. BTW your signature na die!  grin

Change "wu" to "nwu". There's nothing like "wu" in that context.

Also append "e" to "bu" and rewrite the whole sentence as; Ukwu nwanyi Owerri, é gà-ebu nwu kwa?

And what is the meaning? cheesy
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by dempeople(m): 10:49pm On Jun 02, 2011
OAM4J:

And what is the meaning?  cheesy

cheesy

Its a very humorous sentence.  Add this as your signature; Ukwu nwanyi Owerri, é gà-ebu nwu kwa?
and you'll see the traffic you're gonna cause on this thread!   wink
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by OAM4J: 10:59pm On Jun 02, 2011
dem_people:

cheesy

Its a very humorous sentence.  Add this as your signature; Ukwu nwanyi Owerri, é gà-ebu nwu kwa?
and you'll see the traffic you're gonna cause on this thread!   wink

Thanks but no thanks. I will find out the meaning from one of my wives. tongue Where is Chiogo when I needed her sef?

monkeyleg:

She had better respond to this before it goes viral. A simple copy of her certificate would suffice, but this is another blow to who we are, you know oyibo pick up on the slightest to rubbish us

Hopefully before weekend, we will get her reaction. I still want to believe it is not true.
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by dempeople(m): 11:04pm On Jun 02, 2011
OAM4J:

Thanks but no thanks. I will find out the meaning from one of my wives. tongue Where is Chiogo when I needed her sef?

Hopefully before weekend, we will get her reaction. I still want to believe it is not true.

She's left u for me and I've told her what to tell ya. tongue cool

BTW I must formally congratulate u on being confirmed a moderator. Since your arrival, many tribalists have abandoned ship. Nice to have a bit of decency on this section.
wink
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by OAM4J: 11:10pm On Jun 02, 2011
^^Thanks. wink
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by zstranger: 11:21pm On Jun 02, 2011
Kilode?!:

This is from a NewsWatch article:

You mean she lied about all these shocked shocked

I don't believe it. Maybe there's a mistake somewhere, I will wait for her to speak.

I'm not worried about NYSE, they probably didn't bother since she wasn't on their radar.

I'm shocked at the audacity of the Madam's many claims, If she was indeed lying shocked

Damn!

Well, you really cant blame her.

Imagine the NYT or Time publishing glowing appraisals of someone without checking the person's record? It just wouldnt happen.  

First of all, how did Newswatch come up with the fact that she made First Class at Baruch College? We all know that the American system doesnt recognize the  Honours system. Magna cumlaude is Magna cumlaude, and it is not the same thing as First Class Honours.

I am actually going to give her the benefit of doubt here. If she actually got away with all of that, then she deserves our praise, not our condemnation. One of my favorite books in the world is Tobias Wolff’s memoir This Boy’s Life. He narrated the story of his life, growing up in Concrete, Washington, with a loving but poor and abandoned mother, a malevolent new stepfather, and a decision he made when he was 12 years old—he just decided—that he was meant for a better life, inspite of his bad grades in school. One day, during school he stole some letterhead, made up a new transcript for himself, several stunning letters of recommendation, applied and is eventually accepted to Hill prep school on the East Coast on scholarship . From there he went on to the prestigious Oxford university and graduated with a first class honors degree and stayed at Oxford to pursue a master's degree.

And with that he became almost exactly who he had always wanted to be, a writer, for starters, and a person with a certain place in the world.

There is a lesson from this: not that we all  have the power to simply make up who you are. But you can choose to put yourself in a new and specific world and that will change who you are. Ndi Okereke, just Like Tobias Wolffe, who now teaches at Stanford, has simply done that, took charge of her life.

I have no issues with her. My problem is with those who employed her and the Nigerian newspapers who simply put her on a pedestal without doing their work.
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by SEFAGO(m): 11:22pm On Jun 02, 2011
~Bluetooth:

A smart and perfect fraudster leaves no trace of his/her fraudulent activity.Just like philip emeagwali too.

Well true. But Nigerians are rarely good fraudsters. For example look at this:

Her exceptional brilliance earned her chains of awards off-shore:  She has won the following awards:-

The Foreign Student Academic Excellence Tuition Waiver, 1972 - 1976.

CUNY award for summer Study at Universite Parix-ix , France , 1980

Beta Gamma Sigma Award for Summer Study at Cambridge University , 1977.

The Goldman Sacks(sic) Awards for Best Thesis; Academic Dean’s List, 1972 - 1976.

Nominated and listed in “Who is Who in America ” 1981.

These awards are credible, the only thing is that they should not be ascribed to "exceptional brilliance." Being on the Deans list is not exceptional brilliance. "Foreign student academic excellent" whateva is not "exceptional brilliance." However they are typical things that one would win if they really attended a particular school and were a good student. She probably got these awards and that's why she kept them there on her CV. A real fraud would have found more prestigious and better awards to put down as evidence of "exceptional brilliance." A real fraud for example could have claimed to be the father of the internet or Mother of the New York stock exchange market grin

She just bloated her achievements, but everything adds up nicely.

Bluetooth if you dey vex go hug transformer now.
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by dayokanu(m): 11:26pm On Jun 02, 2011
OAMJ ban them if they refuse to tell you the meaning

BTW I can always ask my other Igbo woves Ifyalways and Ujujoan quickly come to mind
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by dempeople(m): 11:34pm On Jun 02, 2011
zstranger:

Well, you really cant blame her.

Imagine the NYT or Time publishing glowing appraisals of someone without checking the person's record? It just wouldnt happen.  

First of all, how did Newswatch come up with the fact that she made First Class at Baruch College? We all know that the American system doesnt recognize the  Honours system. Magna cumlaude is Magna cumlaude, and it is not the same thing as First Class Honours.

I am actually going to give her the benefit of doubt here. If she actually got away with all of that, then she deserves our praise, not our condemnation. One of my favorite books in the world is Tobias Wolff’s memoir This Boy’s Life. He narrated the story of his life, growing up in Concrete, Washington, with a loving but poor and abandoned mother, a malevolent new stepfather, and a decision he made when he was 12 years old—he just decided—that he was meant for a better life, inspite of his bad grades in school. One day, during school he stole some letterhead, made up a new transcript for himself, several stunning letters of recommendation, applied and is eventually accepted to Hill prep school on the East Coast on scholarship . From there he went on to the prestigious Oxford university and graduated with a first class honors degree and stayed at Oxford to pursue a master's degree.

And with that he became almost exactly who he had always wanted to be, a writer, for starters, and a person with a certain place in the world.

There is a lesson from this: not that we all  have the power to simply make up who you are. But you can choose to put yourself in a new and specific world and that will change who you are. Ndi Okereke, just Like Tobias Wolffe, who now teaches at Stanford, has simply done that, took charge of her life.

I have no issues with her. My problem is with those who employed her and the Nigerian newspapers who simply put her on a pedestal without doing their work.

Alleluia. Is this really you or is the "fear" of the banning by OAM4J, the beginning of wisdom for u? I thought u would've ripped this woman's personality to pieces purely based on your tribal-basing instincts? Wow, things have changed I guessed. The dog has been tamed though can't be taught new tricks for he's still a dog.  wink

dayokanu:

OAMJ ban them if they refuse to tell you the meaning

BTW I can always ask my other Igbo woves Ifyalways and Ujujoan quickly come to mind

grin grin grin
Abi na force? grin grin

No need for Ify and Uju. They'll tell you MY words. Trust me, no need to push it. wink
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by OAM4J: 11:41pm On Jun 02, 2011
dem_people:

Alleluia. Is this really you or is the "fear" of the banning by OAM4J, the beginning of wisdom for u? I thought u would've ripped this woman's personality to pieces purely based on your tribal-basing instincts? Wow, things have changed I guessed. The dog has been tamed though can't be taught new tricks for he's still a dog.  wink

grin grin grin
Abi na force?  grin grin

No need for Ify and Uju. They'll tell you MY words. Trust me, no need to push it.  wink

Abeg leave my Akinrogun Zstranger alone o. A warrior like him fears no one. This is time of peace not the time of war.

Now go and find the meaning of this " Yiyo ekun, bi tojo ko"  cheesy
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by Kilode1: 11:42pm On Jun 02, 2011
Actually, that is Fstranger for you, always bringing perspectives cheesy
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by dayokanu(m): 11:45pm On Jun 02, 2011
You should know fstranger always goes against the grain.

Someone who blatantly called Osama a hero
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by SEFAGO(m): 11:46pm On Jun 02, 2011
Kilode?!:

Actually, that is Fstranger for you, always bringing perspectives cheesy

Yeah he is one of the few people I really wanna meet off Nairaland. Damn if the guy is not in a mental institution I am going to be ultra-surprised.

Its correct though that a lot of people forge documents and end up becoming excellent individuals in the future.
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by tpia5: 11:47pm On Jun 02, 2011
that explains a lot of nl posters minus the becoming excellent individuals part.
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by Kilode1: 12:03am On Jun 03, 2011
dayokanu:

Someone who blatantly called Osama a hero

And he stuck to his guns too, with pictures, research work and articles to prove his case grin

SEFAGO:

Its correct though that a lot of people forge documents and end up becoming excellent individuals in the future.

Fake it till you make it smiley
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by honeric01(m): 12:19am On Jun 03, 2011
This is scary, now i see why the stocks are crashing!!! sad sad
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by dempeople(m): 1:41am On Jun 03, 2011
OAM4J:

Abeg leave my Akinrogun Zstranger alone o. A warrior like him fears no one. This is time of peace not the time of war.

Now go and find the meaning of this " Yiyo ekun, bi tojo kocheesy

grin

So na me u dee tell this one? Ok nah. We're in the age of humour.
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by naijaking1: 2:06am On Jun 03, 2011
------waiting, still waiting for Onyiuke's rebutal embarassed
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by SouthChi(m): 2:18am On Jun 03, 2011
As a Black American, it amazes me how much fraud comes out and to Nigeria, It really is a shame
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by matemate: 2:21am On Jun 03, 2011
nigerian want phd in anything. even if that thing is waste
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by naijaking1: 2:28am On Jun 03, 2011
SouthChi:

As a Black American, it amazes me how much fraud comes out and to Nigeria, It really is a shame

As whaaaaaatttt
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by aljharem3: 2:41am On Jun 03, 2011
SouthChi:

undecided who cares even if u are obama

secondly, fraud is a universal thing so it should not amaze u in any form

it amazes me to think u can express ur amazment angry
Re: Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock by SouthChi(m): 2:54am On Jun 03, 2011
alj_harem:

undecided who cares even if u are obama

secondly, fraud is a universal thing so it should not amaze u in any form

it amazes me to think u can express your amazment angry

The Nigerian Stock Exchange is a joke in regards to hiring this clown, that will never happen in America.

And yes it amazes me how far American credentials can get you in Nigeria, real or fake, and thats a shame. Its a shame that in a country that "hates" Americans you contradict yourselves by praising anything with an American stamp, even at the hands of your own criminals, smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Recovered N511.9bn In 2017, Magu Tells Reps / Yayi In The Crosshairs: Navigating Allegations Of Project Conversion In Ogun / 44 Projects Approved For Niger Delta Region

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.