Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) (70706 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 12:52pm On Jun 10, 2011
aribisala0:

fabregas is the loverr calling out "BARCA" at the moment of orgazm rain and clouds

well. . . .considering the fact that arsenal stole him from camp nou albeit legally, it's not surprising the prodigal son wants to return. we all understand that but then barcelona should go about it the right way not using their media to force the transfer. if they really want him they should match arsenal's asking price.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by aribisala0(m): 12:57pm On Jun 10, 2011
logical. logic does not apply in matters of love. that's why she he helped barca win 2nd leg against arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 1:01pm On Jun 10, 2011
aribisala0:

logical. logic does not apply in matters of love. that's why she he helped barca win 2nd leg against arsenal

you are a nutcase! so you actually believe fabregas sabotaged arsenal's dreams with that mistake? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 1:01pm On Jun 10, 2011
eldee:

Oh you're so smart because you predicted that a time will come when the leader of a football enterprise will be subject to doubts from the fans.
Are you Nostradamus in disguise?? You want credit for that??

How about you predict . . . do you think it will rain at one time or the other this winter??

Mint post eldee. . . .pure MINT. grin

If suffered the same fate as some point, I wonder how it is rockets science to 'predict' that AW will one day lose some of his support.  undecided

eldee:

You and your Ramsey will replace Fabregas theory. . .lol

With due respect to Ramsey, he was awful in every single game he played apart from against Utd that he scored a goal. I dunno how ANYONE can even think he's ready to replace Fabgregas. His main flaw is doing silly flicks to concede goals. He did it against West Brom (his first game back I think). He did it against Bolton, he did it against even Fulham for their first goal on the last day of the season.

In each of those games, a careless touch by Ramsey led directly to an opponent scoring.

If Ramsey is the purported replacement for Fabregas, we might as well start preparing for 5th or 6th place.

On second thoughts, he can be 'better' than Fabregas - Fab4 only made one backheel that made us concede, Ramsey made 4 of them despite playing only 5/6 games all season. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by aribisala0(m): 1:07pm On Jun 10, 2011
please respect yourself.

if you think it is guy to abuse people do not extend it to me. the market is full of opinions if you don't like mine find another person
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 1:09pm On Jun 10, 2011
aribisala0:

please respect yourself.

if you think it is guy to abuse people do not extend it to me. the market is full of opinions if you don't like mine find another person

you are entitled to your market of opinions but don't abuse the privilege.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by A40(m): 1:11pm On Jun 10, 2011
chuckdee4:

Live and direct, reporting for duty, i see some things never change around here
Chei if them tell me for 2007 say na still like this we go Dey dey I no for believe.
How ur end gee?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 1:11pm On Jun 10, 2011
Cesc and Nasri are in two different situations IMO.

One has a long deal and has the team built around him - there is ABSOLUTELY no reason to sell him if we don't want to. Even if he makes up his mind that he wants to leave, we MUST demand the highest transfer fee possible to make it work. If he refuses, then stick him on the bench till he comes back to his senses.

Nasri on the other hand has one year left, and we might lose any transfer fee by letting him go free. In that sense, we need to play hardball, but only up to a point. if he is definitely not going to sign, set a deadline and hawk him off to the highest bidder (except Utd) after that point.

However, once a decision has been made to sell Nasri, we MUST also seek out a capable replacement such as Hazard or even a better model. If we fail to do so we will end up going backward yet again.

My ultimate view is that we shouldn't let either go - we are clearly going to sell at least 3 players this season, and I don't think buying 4-5 new players first team players will happen or help the club achieve its goals.

You need to keep your best players and not let them go once they start to achieve high quality results.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by aribisala0(m): 1:12pm On Jun 10, 2011
let us agree to ignore each other.ok?

really i do not want to know you or have anything to do with you.
bye
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 1:18pm On Jun 10, 2011
aribisala0:

let us agree to ignore each other.ok?

really i do not want to know you or have anything to do with you.
bye

cretin! tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by slimshay(m): 1:24pm On Jun 10, 2011
This Aribisala guy is having me in stitches.  cheesy cheesy cheesy

You come here and insult people who will never have the opportunity to respond then start catching feelings when someone dishes a little something to you!!!

Lord have Messi  shockedcheesy cheesy. . . . . litrerally. . . .except he decides to come to Arsenal of course. tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by aribisala0(m): 1:36pm On Jun 10, 2011
i am not catching feelings whatever that means

and i don't think i insulted you. anyhow i like the subject of discussion and am keen that we don't derail the thread.

i am just able to look far enough ahead and predict where me might end

so let us stick to arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 1:45pm On Jun 10, 2011
debosky:

Cesc and Nasri are in two different situations IMO.

One has a long deal and has the team built around him - there is ABSOLUTELY no reason to sell him if we don't want to. Even if he makes up his mind that he wants to leave, we MUST demand the highest transfer fee possible to make it work. If he refuses, then stick him on the bench till he comes back to his senses.

lemme play the devil's advocate here. . . .

arsenal have no grounds for complaint.

barcelona must think they're joking to want astronomical fees for what was their ill-gotten gain. imagine someone poaching one of your best young talents and then wanting maybe fifty times what they got him for (did arsenal even have to pay a mill?) to give him back - it wouldn't go down well.

in the grand scheme of things, arsenal committed the first wrong in this case seven years ago and now they should reap what they sow.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 1:55pm On Jun 10, 2011
coogar:

lemme play the devil's advocate here. . . .

arsenal have no grounds for complaint.

barcelona must think they're joking to want astronomical fees for what was their ill-gotten gain. imagine someone poaching one of your best young talents and then wanting maybe fifty times what they got him for (did arsenal even have to pay a mill?) to give him back - it wouldn't go down well.

How do you define 'poaching'? If Barca did not want to sell, they didn't have to - they could have refused to do a deal. If we paid the amount demanded by Barca, then there is absolutely no ill-gotten gain here.

Secondly, Barca are not getting back what the 'lost' - they sold a 16 year old and are now dealing with a 23 year old Euro and WC winner who has blossomed into one of the best midfielders in the world.

What you are advocating is equal to selling someone a plot of land for £20, believing you had better plots. the new owner cultivated, fertilised and nurtured the land such that its value is now £300, you now return asking to get the land for a knockdown price. It won't happen anywhere.

in the grand scheme of things, arsenal committed the first wrong in this case seven years ago and now they should reap what they sow.

There was no wrong here - Barca were fully within their rights to refuse to sell him or ask for greater compensation. We took him on and nurtured him to where he is now. If they want him, they will have to pay the advertised price or wait till his contract runs out in 2014.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by TeeJay6(m): 1:59pm On Jun 10, 2011
debosky:

There was no wrong here - Barca were fully within their rights to refuse to sell him or ask for greater compensation. We took him on and nurtured him to where he is now. If they want him, they will have to pay the advertised price or wait till his contract runs out in 2014.
My understanding of the situation was that Cesc's head was already turned by Arsenal's offer and the fact that he knew the traffic ahead of him meant that he had little or no chance of getting into the team; he more or less forced barca's hand
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by v3: 2:01pm On Jun 10, 2011
I cannot help but feel the conversation would go something like this.

Arsenal Board: Our manager likes Eden Hazard and would love him at Arsenal.

Lille Board: That's nice. We kinda need him here as we are in the Champions League next season

Arsenal Board: Ok, we understand that. How much would it take for you to change your mind?

Lille Board: Well, as every manager in the world knows of him and wants his services, we are thinking somewhere along the lines of £35 million

Arsenal Board *Silence*

Lille Board: Hello?

Arsenal Board: , erm we were thinking closer to £7.5 million plus Denilson or Bendtner

Lille Board: What?

Arsenal Board: I said we were think,

Lille Board *Hangs up*

grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:09pm On Jun 10, 2011
what is it with you pple posting illogical bullcrap once it comes to arsenal matters?

arsenal signed an unknown, very promising young player from barcelona years ago, that gives barcelona the right to simply snap their fingers and ask for the player back undervalued?

think now!!!    jordan henderson just got bought for 20 million pounds, torres got sold for 50, just keep on naming the sales in the last one year and compare prices.   so because fabregas was once a barca youth team product thats why they can simply have him for 25 mill pounds?

are u high?

when utd bought rooney from everton all those years ago, they paid a premium.

now supposing everton says they want rooney back now, that would be enough justification to sell him to everton for 30 mill pounds?

or simply because it is barcelona and your inbuilt beef cannot allow you see properly, you think barcelona can simply have him for cheap?

if they cannot stump up the valuation, they should wait till he is 27 and his contract expires (am quite sure wenger would kuku have dashed madrid for 15 before then).   what bullcrap.
they think everyone behaves like them and sells players for change?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by chuckdee4(m): 2:11pm On Jun 10, 2011
A-40:

Chei if them tell me for 2007 say na still like this we go Dey dey I no for believe.
How your end gee?

Tell me about it, as a fan sha we gats to soldier on.
I've been good jare, been mad busy these past few years.

In the mean time can anyone confirm if Wenger has indeed acquired Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 2:13pm On Jun 10, 2011
debosky:

How do you define 'poaching'? If Barca did not want to sell, they didn't have to - they could have refused to do a deal. If we paid the amount demanded by Barca, then there is absolutely no ill-gotten gain here.

your ignorance is baffling. cesc fabregas was only 16 then. it was arsenal that offered him a professional contract. he couldn't have gotten one in spain because he was too young to have one. actually, all other european leagues don't have one until players hit 18. same with macheda, pogba, petrucci, etc. in that regard, arsenal "stole" fabregas who was basically free agent back then.

Secondly, Barca are not getting back what the 'lost' - they sold a 16 year old and are now dealing with a 23 year old Euro and WC winner who has blossomed into one of the best midfielders in the world.
What you are advocating is equal to selling someone a plot of land for £20, believing you had better plots. the new owner cultivated, fertilised and nurtured the land such that its value is now £300, you now return asking to get the land for a knockdown price. It won't happen anywhere.

this is hilarious. . . . .offering a 16 year old professional forms and turning his head in that way is morally reprehensible in itself given barcelona are restricted by the rules of their league and should not have their hand forced in that way, which would be to drop fabregas in their first team, or else. cesc's their product, ffs!  it's preposterous they should be put in that position. it's not going to be very hard to turn the head of a kid who is yet to know his arse from his elbow.

if the playing field at that time was fair and barcelona simply offered their player less than arsenal and it could be agreed to let him go there with both parties happy - then that is fair enough. but, that's a completely different scenario to what happened and why arsenal aren't in a position to complain about a damn thing. now the problem, which was always going to arise, has come home to roost.

barcelona are bigger and superior club to arsenal, it then stands to reason cesc would have to be better to get into their first team, which he very probably woulda done over time. i don't see how you can hold that against barcelona in this instance.

barca would obviously have had a time frame for each of their academy players to come into fruition for their 1st team squad, arsenal came in and completely screwed that process and even though it was legally ok, there was clear moral outrage from barcelona at the time for what they saw as a completely underhanded practice. now it's arsenal's turn to be on the end of what they see as completely immoral behaviour, and they don't like it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 2:16pm On Jun 10, 2011
Tee_Jay:

My understanding of the situation was that Cesc's head was already turned by Arsenal's offer and the fact that he knew the traffic ahead of him meant that he had little or no chance of getting into the team; he more or less forced barca's hand

The greatest determinant was the traffic ahead of him - Barca knew that and decided to sell him on. Note they had Messi in the academy at the same time, yet he wasn't sold, so I don't believe this getting his head turned.

I am sure Barca could easily have offered more money if that was the lure of Arsenal - it simply showed they weren't really fussed about keeping him.

Even if we agree his head was turned, Arsenal paid the full amount demanded - we are simply asking for the same. Pay our (alleged cheesy) asking price of £51m and we'll even pin a big red bow on Cesc and fly him first class to Catalunya. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by slimshay(m): 2:19pm On Jun 10, 2011
@v3 you no well cheesy. We just bid £16m for a 19 year old. That joke is already losing its color. wink

And all this Cesc was poached is hogwash, the only reason they are jizzing themselves now is because he came good. They had an array of players ahead of him. So they let him leave willingly.

Nobody made a peep when he was a teenager in our team against them in Paris.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 2:24pm On Jun 10, 2011
4llerbuntu:

what is it with you pple posting illogical bullcrap once it comes to arsenal matters?

arsenal signed an unknown, very promising young player from barcelona years ago, that gives barcelona the right to simply snap their fingers and ask for the player back undervalued?

think now!!!    jordan henderson just got bought for 20 million pounds, torres got sold for 50, just keep on naming the sales in the last one year and compare prices.   so because fabregas was once a barca youth team product thats why they can simply have him for 25 mill pounds?

are u high?

when utd bought rooney from everton all those years ago, they paid a premium.

now supposing everton says they want rooney back now, that would be enough justification to sell him to everton for 30 mill pounds?

or simply because it is barcelona and your inbuilt beef cannot allow you see properly, you think barcelona can simply have him for cheap?

if they cannot stump up the valuation, they should wait till he is 27 and his contract expires (am quite sure wenger would kuku have dashed madrid for 15 before then).   what bullcrap.
they think everyone behaves like them and sells players for change?

rooney and henderson had contracts before they were signed. . . .cesc fabregas had none. that is the difference. the laws in the other european leagues meant barcelona couldn't sign fabregas if they wanted to as at then which gives any other foreign club the free access to poach him. it's legal but morally, it's disgusting. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 2:46pm On Jun 10, 2011
debosky:

Mint post eldee. . . .pure MINT. grin

If suffered the same fate as some point, I wonder how it is rockets science to 'predict' that AW will one day lose some of his support.  undecided

loool, na so the thing dey pain two of una? Are u related to Monsieur Wenger in any way? I made a statement and the 'In Wenger we trust' brigade jump in!

I predicted it , when some of u were still doing the 'In Arsene we trust' rubbish and I labelled you Arsene FC supporters, now isn't the whole thing turning around?

I have said it here over and over again. I respect AW and believe he is a great coach but his stubborness will destroy the work he has done. At that time, some of you were still shouting things will turn around. Now that things are not turning around, we are now shifting the blame to the players and the board. Who wants to be with a company that refuses to match his ambitions?

Like Dixon said, AW can still trun this around. He needs to do what people have been screaming over the years! Bring in experienced players and stop relying on youth! And when we say experienced players, we don't mean the likes of Silvestre and Squillaci
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 2:51pm On Jun 10, 2011
Some seasons ago, AW told us height does not matter

Now same AW

"It's something that's easy to correct. We need to improve the size of our squad. We need a bigger variety in the height of our players. We need to be more capable of fighting against some characteristics than we have been this season."

No wonder the Arsene Brigade on Nairaland are also quick to change their POVs
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 3:09pm On Jun 10, 2011
What we need IMO:

1. Keep squad together (apart from Denilson and Almunia)

2. Bring in Samba

3. 1 striker (sell of Chamakh/Bendtner)

4. 1 no-nonsence midfielder
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 3:13pm On Jun 10, 2011
proudly9ja:

What we need IMO:
1. Keep squad together (apart from Denilson and Almunia)

arsenal have to sell. . . forget keeping the squad together. you didn't make enough prize-money to afford that luxury.

2. Bring in Samba

will blackburn sell their captain?

3. 1 striker (sell of Chamakh/Bendtner)

sell chamakh? arsene wenger had to wait for this lad to run up his contract so he can get him for free. i doubt chamakh will be sold.

4. 1 no-nonsence midfielder

cattermole? joey barton?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:11pm On Jun 10, 2011
@ coogar, whilst i do not share your sense of morality in the disgusting aspect of getting a youth player barca didnt try hard to keep/ didnt really see a need to keep @ that point in time.

i firmly believe there is also absolutely no reason to be shortchanged. only a dunce would value fabregas the way barca keep doing, its insulting.
let anyone with a modicum of business sense and football do a valuation of fab and am pretty sure it would likely double barca's valuation.

either they stump up the value or they STFU!.  imagine someone persistently haragueing a player for cheap over the years. btw this same hometown sentiment is probably what will do the poor boy in eventually. i doubt if he even rationalises the thing beyond "im going home"
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by renewnaija(m): 5:17pm On Jun 10, 2011
The problem is not the players but the coach. When will people understand this?

Arsenal have a coach who has little knowledge about tactics, is a very good father figure and an excellent economist. I always ask how good are O'shea, Gibson, Wes Brown etc? Yet when they pull on that manutd shirt, they play their hearts out. Do we have hard workers like Valencia or Park in midfield? If Berbatov was in Arsenal, would Wenger dare put him on the bench for all the money spent on him? Can we use one of the worst Arsenal teams in Arsenal's history to win the league like ManUtd did?

We need 'fresh air' (but not GEJ type). Like we say in Naija, when fish starts to spoil it starts from the head. Let him go. No new ideas, no new cutting edge players, no new strategy, nothing. Everyone that has two good eyes knew Arsenal's problematic areas a long time b4 now except Wenger.

Now Fabregas & Nasri wants out. Do you know why? They both look at Arsenal's bench and know that there's no future for trophies coming in.
Almunia, Bendtner, Chamakh, Diaby, Squillaci, Djorou, Denilson, Vela,  Rosicky, Eboue, Lehmann, Fabianski . That is a complete team of flops with a 2 keepers to spare. Yet Wenger's disciples still have the guts to talk.

Its not rocket science.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by nateevs(m): 6:26pm On Jun 10, 2011
Of course it's not rocket science. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by dayokanu(m): 6:54pm On Jun 10, 2011
proudly9ja:

I have said it here over and over again. I respect AW and believe he is a great coach but his stubborness will destroy the work he has done. At that time, some of you were still shouting things will turn around. Now that things are not turning around, we are now shifting the blame to the players and the board. Who wants to be with a company that refuses to match his ambitions?

I disagree with the bold part.

Arsene is a below average coach and all evidence points to it.

SAF was able to win multiple trophies with Oshea, Brown, Silvestre etc Benitez won the CL with a starting 11 of Dudek, Finnan, Djimi Traore, Hyppia, Carragher, Smicer, Hamman, Kewell, Gerrad, Cisse, Baros, Biscan, Luis Garcia etc

whats Arsenes excuse, Only a failure like Wenger blames his tools
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by aribisala0(m): 7:13pm On Jun 10, 2011
sometimes a manager's intuition can determine outcome in
a game. it is hard to find examples of wenger doing this.

when a team squanders a 4-0 lead we need to ask questions of the manager sometimes that may be very bad luck but in the whole premiership this last season only arsenal were capable of that.

has arsene lost his mojo?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 7:13pm On Jun 10, 2011
dayokanu:

I disagree with the bold part.

Arsene is a below average coach and all evidence points to it.

SAF was able to win multiple trophies with Oshea, Brown, Silvestre etc Benitez won the CL with a starting 11 of Dudek, Finnan, Djimi Traore, Hyppia, Carragher, Smicer, Hamman, Kewell, Gerrad, Cisse, Baros, Biscan, Luis Garcia etc

whats Arsenes excuse, Only a failure like Wenger blames his tools
That's because SAF is not as stubborn as Arsene.

I think Arsene can deliver results + good football given the right set of players. His short coming is his stubborness. SAF knows when and where he is short and he does something about it. Arsene is usually too stubborn to admit he is wrong. For the past 4 -5 seasons, Arsenal has always been one or two players short of delivering the goods. Usually everyone sees this , except Arsene.

Look at how long he tormented us with Almunia and Denilson before finally realising that those two are not good enough for Arsenal?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (100)

Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! / Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (3 - 0) On 6th May 2015 / Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur:UCL Quarter Finals (4 -3) On 17th Apr. 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.