Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,796 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) (70311 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by edoyad(m): 8:27pm On Aug 23, 2011
slimshay:

Okay we are about to make a lotta people annoyed. . . .hehehe. Considering Nasri and Fabregas where part and parcel of these horrible run of games, what exactly have we lost. . .yeeeeeh, I joke I joke, I kid I kid! grin grin grin

take your time. On the other hand we've gained £50m, not bad for an August clearance sale grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by slimshay(m): 8:32pm On Aug 23, 2011
Good God! Stan Kroeke is a badt guynz. Hova make 30million for one whole year he dey panel maybach up and down. . .this guy just made about 60million in 2weeks . . .we no hear peep! grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by slimshay(m): 8:33pm On Aug 23, 2011
^^panel-beat*
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 8:40pm On Aug 23, 2011
grin grin grin

No wonder they call him silent Stan - na him invent chop and clean mouth. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by edoyad(m): 8:47pm On Aug 23, 2011
I'm sure the management team still has nightmares over the Flamini episode. They regret the millions they lost on that crook just walking out.
Flaminis free transfer must have registered as the biggest loss this decade in their minds. I'm sure even worse than the loss to Barca in France.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 8:57pm On Aug 23, 2011
edoyad:

I'm sure the management team still has nightmares over the Flamini episode. They regret the millions they lost on that crook just walking out.
Flaminis free transfer must have registered as the biggest loss this decade in their minds. I'm sure even worse than the loss to Barca in France.

I agree - they are so scarred that they must've been shitting themselves when they saw Nasri playing on Saturday. . . .with Wenger posturing to play him tomorrow it must've turned into diarrhoea so they swiftly completed the sale. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by slimshay(m): 9:15pm On Aug 23, 2011
1,237,345. . .1,237,346. . .1,237,347. . .

Dem wiggas up in those director's boxes are so stingy, they count their money by hand. Why do you think all of our transfers take so long?

. . .1,237,3. . .'Where the fork was I? Bloodtey farkin hell Ivan, I have toh start me counting all over again. You dhoin me barnet in seey!'
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by slimshay(m): 9:22pm On Aug 23, 2011
You think it was weird they sold Cesc for cheap? Think again.

'Who that forking frenchie thunk gonna soit down here, counting ool dat monei? £50m? Must take like a whoool monf to dho dhat'. . . 'tsalroite Petey, me matey, we'll jus half it then, seey?'
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 9:27pm On Aug 23, 2011
^^ You don mara. . . .or na the last consignment of Iya Nasiru's shekpe wey you drink? grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by slimshay(m): 9:33pm On Aug 23, 2011
^^^ol boy, mama is doing some serious shack till you kpeme this night. Gbogbo £200k per week?! Remain small make she ya weyrey!

Sadly for Nasri though, Mama na Arsenal fan. Normal business resumes 2moro. Owo Abu ni a ma fi shey abu ni alejo!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by slimshay(m): 9:38pm On Aug 23, 2011
Meanwhile be patient ya'll, heard we have bid for a good midfielder. Dem still they count the money sha. 3,567,654. . .3,567,655. . .3,567,65. . . .e remain small. You say wetin? For where, they are not going to 25million. Its just 6million, they should finish by thursday morning :p
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 9:38pm On Aug 23, 2011
debosky:

Nearly 100 pages from June till August. . . .this is truly a prolific thread. cheesy

Love or hate Arsenal, we are always news material.  I'm sure some news agencies made millions from the Cesc saga alone. grin grin

@Coogar
Arsenal's appeal actually hinges on the fact that they sought clarification from UEFA officials on what exactly Arsene could do and followed it to the letter.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 9:45pm On Aug 23, 2011
slimshay:

Meanwhile be patient ya'll, heard we have bid for a good midfielder. Dem still they count the money sha. 3,567,654. . .3,567,655. . .3,567,65. . . .e remain small. You say wetin? For where, they are not going to 25million. Its just 6million, they should finish by thursday morning :p

Is that why they are now called bean counters?  grin grin
but as much as some of us liked Cesc sha, the boy shortchanged us with his Barca DNA, if Nasri went for 25m with a year left on his contract, Cesc on the open market would have netted us nothing less than 50m with 4 years left on his contract. Curse your Barca DNA Cesc.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 9:50pm On Aug 23, 2011
Some good and bad injury news

Wilshere still out for 2-3 weeks

Djourou, Rozzi and Traore back in the squad

Koscielny may be fit for Utd

I suspect Djourou and TV5 will start, alongside Sagna and Traore. Oddly enough, no Lansbury on the plane, no Bendtner either.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 9:51pm On Aug 23, 2011
kay_pumpin:

Were omo kekere ni omo yen.He even had a tiff with Piers on Sunday.He's very reckless and should be curbed.

I agree he needs to tone it down, but in this current state of things, we need some players like that who are just crazy about the club and show it everywhere most importantly on the pitch. Besides, Piers is a Arrow as well. Those players who have been in the club for long are just mad about the club and that is a good thing, it makes me understand now why all those Barca boys kept mouthing off about Cesc in the papers.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 9:55pm On Aug 23, 2011
debosky:

Some good and bad injury news
Wilshere still out for 2-3 weeks
Djourou, Rozzi and Traore back in the squad
Koscielny may be fit for Utd
I suspect Djourou and TV5 will start, alongside Sagna and Traore. Oddly enough, no Lansbury on the plane, no Bendtner either.

That backline looks solid enough for Udinese, I wonder why injuries that initially look inocous always turn out serious for us, Rosicky, TV5 and I hope not Jack, when he went off on that day, I thought he would be back within a week.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 10:50pm On Aug 23, 2011
duduspace:

I agree he needs to tone it down, but in this current state of things, we need some players like that who are just crazy about the club and show it everywhere[b] most importantly on the pitch[/b]. Besides, Piers is a Arrow as well. Those players who have been in the club for long are just mad about the club and that is a good thing, it makes me understand now why all those Barca boys kept mouthing off about Cesc in the papers.
As long as they keep their names of the ref's cards, good enough for me. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by webprince(m): 11:37pm On Aug 23, 2011
IMO Arsenal is better off without Fabrigas & Nasri.
(1) Since the barca saga started, fabregas has since stop playing with passion, which is clearly affecting the team. why will anybody expect Wenger to keep a player who is clearly not interested in playing for the team.
(2) and I think Nasri already made up his mind a long time b4 fabregas issue not to renew his contract, as reports/rumour suggests he has been tapped up by Man U & Man City a long time ago. It's not Wenger's wish to sell him, but the board so as not to loose him for nothing.

The only issue is for Wenger/Board to buy quality players to re-inforce the midfield and defence which IMO is not possible in terms of quality players, as no team will want to sell their 'quality' players at this time so as not to destabilize their team. So 2 sum it up, Arsenal fans should lower their expectation in terms of quality signings and hope for the best.

Consolation: in as much as 3 or 4 teams in PL strengthen their teams with big signings, only 1 team will lift d PL trophy, just 1 team will smile with the FA Cup in its trophy cabinet and also just 1 team will rejoice with d Carling cup. So what will fans and d press say about the other big spenders who fail to lift a trophy? Make dem leave Arsenal alone!!! Wenger is not d only manager in the world in signing dilemma, nobody is talking about harry whose player (still under lengthy contract unlike Nasri) strike and fail to play d ManU match!!!

ABEG!!! In Arsene we trust.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 12:30am On Aug 24, 2011
webprince:

Consolation: in as much as 3 or 4 teams in PL strengthen their teams with big signings, only 1 team will lift d PL trophy, just 1 team will smile with the FA Cup in its trophy cabinet and also just 1 team will rejoice with d Carling cup. So what will fans and d press say about the other big spenders who fail to lift a trophy? Make dem leave Arsenal alone!!! Wenger is not d only manager in the world in signing dilemma, nobody is talking about harry whose player (still under lengthy contract unlike Nasri) strike and fail to play d ManU match!!!

ABEG!!! In Arsene we trust.

Dem fit share am now. If 3 or 4 teams strengthn with big signings, 1 will take CC, 1 will take EPL, 1 will take FA and 1 will take Champion's league grin grin wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by biolabee(m): 12:39am On Aug 24, 2011
Nasri is a great football player but was never great for us

Remember his performances in his first season, superlative against Man Utd after that a cuple of injuries
He had second season syndrome where he was invisible, I can ony remember the porto goal
Then his third season first half was superb

OptaJoe Opta Sports
49% - Arsenal's PL win percentage with Samir Nasri starting is well below the 62% win rate for the Gunners in his absence. Divorce.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by RuuDie(m): 3:21am On Aug 24, 2011
There is real cause for concern oh ~ not until a UCL spot is not copped before the alarm bells go off!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by allboyz(m): 3:27am On Aug 24, 2011
debosky:

Last season is over (in case you didn't know that) cheesy

I don't really care about the 'signs' - we have one leg in the CL group stages. If we succeed tomorrow, we have achieved the most important requirement for August.

Our initial fixtures are tough and could have gone better, there is no doubt about that. But teams have started the season poorly and gone on to have great successes.

Arsenal?? i can't remember us doing this #Sad though. . . .

i feel i should just keeping supporting sha. . . . . . cry cry cry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by KayDee4: 4:47am On Aug 24, 2011
RuuDie:

There is real cause for concern oh ~ not until a UCL spot is not copped before the alarm bells go off!

Do we really have to wait until the damage is done ? The alarm and warning lights have been blaring and Wenger refused to heed it. Not qualifying for the UCL will be a disaster.

I see no reason why he's still in the market @ this time hustling for players when his counterparts finished their transfer business and settled their teams 3 months ago. I won't be surprised if he doesnt sign anyone else this summer (hope he proves me wrong).
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 5:37am On Aug 24, 2011
Kay-Dee:

I see no reason why he's still in the market @ this time hustling for players when his counterparts finished their transfer business and settled their teams 3 months ago. I won't be surprised if he doesnt sign anyone else this summer (hope he proves me wrong).

That you don't see them doesnt mean they don't exist naa? search the infra-red and Ultraviolet spectrums, yu'll pick up some signals.  grin grin

Just for Laughs sha, Joey Barton is about to explode in Senderos' face.  grin grin

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYTcf55B-oY[/flash]
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by dayokanu(m): 6:49am On Aug 24, 2011
The excuse about guaranteeing CL football before making transfer is utter rubbish

Ribery Klose and Lucatoni left guaranteed CL football for UEFA cup football in Bayern in 2008

Ronaldinho went to Barcelona when they did not qualify for the CL and he chose them over Man Utd who guaranteed CL football

So that excuse is rubbish
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by slimshay(m): 7:35am On Aug 24, 2011
'Dear Lord, give us this day our yearly bread. As we punish those who trespass against us. Amen'

TEENHUUTTT!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by chamotex(m): 8:30am On Aug 24, 2011
At least if you guys dont qualify for the UCL, you have a better chance of winning the Europa
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 8:51am On Aug 24, 2011
slimshay:

'Dear Lord, give us this day our yearly bread. As we punish those who trespass against us. Amen'

TEENHUUTTT!!!

Amin Ase

TEENNHUTTT!!!! cool cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by chamotex(m): 9:15am On Aug 24, 2011
slimshay:

TEENHUUTTT!!!

debosky:

Amin Ase

TEENNHUTTT!!!! cool cool

Fasting and praying untop Arsenal . . . grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by allboyz(m): 10:52am On Aug 24, 2011
Szczesny

sagna TV5 Djhorou Troare

Frimpong Song

Ramsey/Rozzi

Gervinho walcot

RvP

If it stays this way then we shall have a good game say 2 - 1 to our advantage. . .all i want is for us to score a goal because im quite ure Udinese will score a goal looking at how they played us at the Emiratti

anyways - COYG!!! in Arsene i solemnly Trust!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 12:17pm On Aug 24, 2011
chamotex:

Fasting and praying untop Arsenal . . . grin grin

At least it's better than hugging moderately wet transformers as the THAN* members choose to do. cheesy

*[b]T[/b]ransformer [b]H[/b]ugging [b]A[/b]ssociation of [b]N[/b]airaland
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 12:20pm On Aug 24, 2011
allboyz:

Szczesny

sagna     TV5   Djhorou     Troare

Frimpong     Song

Ramsey/Rozzi

Gervinho                               walcot

RvP

If it stays this way then we shall have a good game say 2 - 1 to our advantage. . .all i want is for us to score a goal because im quite ure Udinese will score a goal looking at how they played us at the Emiratti

anyways - COYG!!! in Arsene i solemnly Trust!!

Looks like what Arsene will play barring injuries. I wish there's a way we can play RVP in a more withdrawn role. Il expect Gervinho and Walcott to make plenty movements in front of him like they've been doing.
I predict a draw or an outright win for Arsenal. I don't see Udinese winning this (unless ofcourse someone gets a red card again).

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100)

Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018 / Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (3 - 0) On 6th May 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.