Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,903 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) (70394 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 3:20pm On Aug 23, 2011
proudly9ja:

Chamberlain will prolly earn an average of 50000pounds over the next 2 years at Arsenal. An experienced player coming in would earn much more.
I don't know much about finances but I think that's the way Arsene and the board see it.
By the time Chamberlain and co start screaming for more money (and trophies) in 2013, we'l sell him off too and start all over again. To them, Arsenal is an opportunity for them to get first team football and showcase themselves to more serious sides.

That cycle can't continue, our financial situation is a lot better than it was in 08 when this last happened, we have since payed off debt running to about 140m. We have money to replace those leaving now. Once UCL group stage is guaranteed, players will come in. And the wage policy is good for the club as long as we don't have a benefactor. Maybe the people asking for Arsene's head should be asking Kroenke to sell the club instead if they want to see investment on the scale of Chelsea and City.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 3:21pm On Aug 23, 2011
debosky:

Ok, now you've become a comedian? grin We now judge teams after two games eh? cheesy

so why then did you say citeh are on top? it was man city and stoke played in the cup final last season. . . .not man city vs chelsea.
abi stoke outspent man utd and chelsea to get there? it was birmingham vs arsenal in the league cup final. . .not the most expensive squads in the league.

If that thought keeps you happy, then keep thinking it. . . .like the boy who likes to think his tinkler is the biggest because it's bigger than his thumb. grin

it's becoming a habit at the emirates.
whatever happened to the money made from the sales of adebayor and toure. . . . . .now cesc and nasri are gone. will wenger bring in quality replacements?

I'll leave that as a rhetorical question to be catastrophically destroyed come August 31st.

until then. . . . .i am sure millions of arsenal fans would be on suicide watch. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2011
I expect to see more of these pitiful posts as the days go on, but it is nothing more than ridiculous self pity.

Yes I agree the club needs players, urgently so, but to go from that to utter despondency is not reasonable to me.

I'm not going to 'spin' anything here, but I am thoroughly convinced things aren't nearly as bad as some of you want to believe.

With 10 players injured/suspended and three players departed, the Liverpool game was always going to be tough - yes we lost it, but in the overall scheme of things, Liverpool were due a victory on our patch.

I am convinced we will get through to the UCL group stages, after which players will be signed - I will hold back any further assessment till that point.

Those of you who can see inside players' heads and know what their thinking should continue to do so. Those of you with crystal balls that will tell you the future should continue to stare into them. Those of you who want to be depressed and are considering hugging wet transformers should continue to do so.

Gunner 1965  cool tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2011
debosky:

There you go saying things you don't know diddlysquat about. Did Chamberlain tell you this or are you a mind reader?

In your mind, no good players want to play for Arsenal, they all just want to move elsewhere right? Keep believing that if it helps you stew in your sorrow. The ridiculous navel-gazing going on here is quite unbelievable.

loool, I can see what coogar means now. U mean after all these years you still can't see Arsenal is a stepping stone to greener pasture? loool.
Im sure you'l change your mind in 6 months as usual. Let Arsenal and your mentor (Arsene) prove me wrong and sign a player of top quality.

As for signing City rejects, are they not better than some of the guys we have on the bench? I mean, who would you rather have in your team this season, Miyachi or Milner, Squillacci or Onuoha, Chamakh or Santa Cruz, Chamberlain or Wright Phillips? should I go on?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by mukina2: 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2011
Debo and dudu shey una know if you were near most of the people posting in here una for don chop blows? grin grin grin

duduspace:

You have no say in the matter, take Slim's advice and don't forget the first responsibility of a fan. Supporting the team.
In the interim, this boys should qualify for the group stages of the UCL and then let us get some players in. We need that UCL qualification to get quality players in.

nor vex me oh angry, where did i  say i was not supporting the team. dont go arsene wenger on me, i'll just poke your eye grin cheesy

what exactly have you said different? bottomline is tell your uncle wenger to buy, tell him its 8 more days to get quality players simples tongue

NB: tell him no more kids or heart attack buys tankyu  kiss
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 3:26pm On Aug 23, 2011
coogar:

so why then did you say citeh are on top? it was man city and stoke played in the cup final last season. . . .not man city vs chelsea.
abi stoke outspent man utd and chelsea to get there? it was birmingham vs arsenal in the league cup final. . .not the most expensive squads in the league.

Man City beat Utd on the way to the finals no? Stoke got through to the finals via the luck of the draw. As I've mentioned so many times, the league competitions are the ultimate measure of where a club stands, not a one-off game.

it's becoming a habit at the emirates.
whatever happened to the money made from the sales of adebayor and toure. . . . . .now cesc and nasri are gone. will wenger bring in quality replacements?

I don't specifically know what happened to those monies - what I do know is that players have been signed since Toure and Ade were sold, including Vermaelen, Koscielny, Gervinho amongst others.

until then. . . . .i am sure millions of arsenal fans would be on suicide watch. grin

Good luck to them. . . .times of crisis always help to eliminate the weak and leave the strong supporters left to cheer the club on. I am sure we will likely lose many of the fair-weather supporters and that cannot be a bad thing. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 3:29pm On Aug 23, 2011
duduspace:

That cycle can't continue, our financial situation is a lot better than it was in 08 when this last happened, we have since payed off debt running to about 140m. We have money to replace those leaving now. Once UCL group stage is guaranteed, players will come in. And the wage policy is good for the club as long as we don't have a benefactor. Maybe the people asking for Arsene's head should be asking Kroenke to sell the club instead if they want to see investment on the scale of Chelsea and City.

If we are in a better financial position than 08, why are we still balancing the books by selling our top players. Its so bad now we have even resorted to selling our reserve players. In the past, we'l keep them and play them in the CC.

Once UCL group stage is guaranteed, players will come in.
What if we don't qualify?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 3:32pm On Aug 23, 2011
proudly9ja:

loool, I can see what coogar means now. U mean after all these years you still can't see Arsenal is a stepping stone to greener pasture? loool.
Im sure you'l change your mind in 6 months as usual. Let Arsenal and your mentor (Arsene) prove me wrong and sign a player of top quality.

Quit playing games - tell me now, do you KNOW that Ox-Chamberlain wants to use Arsenal as a stepping stone or not? Answer yes or no, and provide evidence of how you know this.

If you can't answer this simple question, then kindly keep schtum.

As for signing City rejects, are they not better than some of the guys we have on the bench? I mean, who would you rather have in your team this season, Miyachi or Milner, Squillacci or Onuoha, Chamakh or Santa Cruz, Chamberlain or Wright Phillips? should I go on?

Santa Cruz that hasn't been fit for 2 games in a row since 2009? I'd take Chamakh's left leg over him. Milner is not a Citeh reject and cost more than Nasri so I don't understand how in your head he is now a 'reject'. Wright-Phillips is a washed up player who has nothing to offer above what we have at Arsenal, so yes I'd take him ahead of Chamberlain.

Onuoha I might consider having, but I can't say he's better than Squillaci.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 3:36pm On Aug 23, 2011
proudly9ja:

If we are in a better financial position than 08, why are we still balancing the books by selling our top players. Its so bad now we have even resorted to selling our reserve players. In the past, we'l keep them and play them in the CC.

What is it with you and making ridiculous claims? Who told you we are selling Cesc and Nasri to balance books or is this something you've conjured up again out of your imagination?

As for selling reserve players, who are the reserve players being sold apart from players that have been given numerous chances and found wanting or those no longer in the plans?

Have we sold Coquelin, Sunu, Bartley, Ozyakup and others? Have we sold Frimpong? Have we sold Miquel?

Every season there must be a cleansing out process to remove underperformers and introduce new blood - you can't buy 2 16 year olds from Barca and keep every one of your existing squad - there is a limit to numbers you can keep. We have the likes of Ryo, Campbell and others that can feature in the CC, yet we should keep all the players who have ever featured in the reserves. undecided

I may refrain from responding to your posts now as you are now simply making up claims that have no basis.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 3:37pm On Aug 23, 2011
debosky:

Man City beat Utd on the way to the finals no? Stoke got through to the finals via the luck of the draw. As I've mentioned so many times, the league competitions are the ultimate measure of where a club stands, not a one-off game.

stoke got through via the luck of the draw? which luck of the draw?
who eliminated liverpool and chelsea? luck of the draw?

I don't specifically know what happened to those monies - what I do know is that players have been signed since Toure and Ade were sold, including Vermaelen, Koscielny, Gervinho amongst others.

the quality of the new signings pale in comparison to the departures.
so arsenal take 2 steps forward and 22 steps backwards.

Good luck to them. . . .times of crisis always help to eliminate the weak and leave the strong supporters left to cheer the club on. I am sure we will likely lose many of the fair-weather supporters and that cannot be a bad thing. tongue

that is exactly what the board needs now, huh?
lose the weaker vessels and you want to become a big club with bazillion of fans?
debosky, admit it. . . . .you are a tyke. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 3:41pm On Aug 23, 2011
coogar:

stoke got through via the luck of the draw? which luck of the draw?
who eliminated liverpool and chelsea? luck of the draw?

Ultimately the luck of the draw assisted - Liverpool were worse than dog turd and Chelski were eliminated by Everton not Stoke. tongue

the quality of the new signings pale in comparison to the departures.
so arsenal take 2 steps forward and 22 steps backwards.

Arsenal has never made like-for-like replacements in the past, the method of replacing players is more subtle than that. What I can say is that the quality of replacements at the time they join exceeds those that left. Vermaelen at his joining was better than Kolo was when he joined for example.

that is exactly what the board needs now, huh?
lose the weaker vessels and you want to become a big club with bazillion of fans?
debosky, admit it. . . . .you are a tyke. grin

The board needs less whiners and complainers, and more intelligent fans, not the type that are reduced to tears and gnashing of teeth on nairaland because someone said 'Arsenal is useless'. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 3:47pm On Aug 23, 2011
debosky:

Quit playing games - tell me now, do you KNOW that Ox-Chamberlain wants to use Arsenal as a stepping stone or not? Answer yes or no, and provide evidence of how you know this.

If you can't answer this simple question, then kindly keep schtum.
There's this thing called insight, some of us have that gift. Whilst you are waiting for Chamberlain and co to finally decide to leave after 1 or 2 wonder seasons, we envisage it and plan ahead for it. I remember you just a few weeks ago saying with confidence that Cesc and Nasri will stay. I also remember you clearly arguing with me on NL last season when I said it clearly that Cesc wasn't committed anymore. A fact that you yourself finally agreed with ONE WHOLE SEASON later.
So I understand if you don't get the point now, if you don't have it, you don't have it. Im prepared to wait one or two seasons for you to agree with me.

debosky:

Santa Cruz that hasn't been fit for 2 games in a row since 2009? I'd take Chamakh's left leg over him. Milner is not a Citeh reject and cost more than Nasri so I don't understand how in your head he is now a 'reject'. Wright-Phillips is a washed up player who has nothing to offer above what we have at Arsenal, so yes I'd take him ahead of Chamberlain.

Onuoha I might consider having, but I can't say he's better than Squillaci.
U were the one who used the word 'reject'. I only mimicked you. Its your opinion that we could only have got a 'reject' after selling two of our first team players to City. That shows how low you must consider Arsenal.
On your choices of players, Il take anyone of those 'rejects' this season anytime. Is it a crime to have them as part of our squad? Im sure like Arsene, you are prolly thinking 'Wright Phillips joining us will affect the growth of Miyachi', lool.

Funny enough, last season we were actually begging for one of City's rejects - Given.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by edoyad(m): 3:53pm On Aug 23, 2011
ok, jungle never mature after a few league games, i accept.
But wait, dudu and debosky should help us understand their twisted logic that's left me far lost than i've ever been.
You're both saying the club will sign players "after" we're guarantied a spot in this season's UCL.
My question is, why didn't we just get the calibre of players that would have ensured our qualification in first place ? Afterall we all knew Cesc and Nasri would be leaving.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 3:55pm On Aug 23, 2011
mukina2:

Debo and dudu shey una know if you were near most of the people posting in here una for don chop blows? grin grin grin

Nor be only blows, why don't we have a shootout to settle it sef and bring in the Taleban and Al Qaeda too?   grin grin

mukina2:

nor vex me oh angry, where did i  say i was not supporting the team. dont go arsene wenger on me, i'll just poke your eye grin cheesy

what exactly have you said different? bottomline is tell your uncle wenger to buy, tell him its 8 more days to get quality players simples tongue

NB: tell him no more kids or heart attack buys tankyu  kiss

On this thread, you are not. If you were on twitter you would be having a battle of words with Frimpong like Piers Morgan instead of encouraging the boy.  grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 3:56pm On Aug 23, 2011
debosky:

What is it with you and making ridiculous claims? Who told you we are selling Cesc and Nasri to balance books or is this something you've conjured up again out of your imagination?

As for selling reserve players, who are the reserve players being sold apart from players that have been given numerous chances and found wanting or those no longer in the plans?

Have we sold Coquelin, Sunu, Bartley, Ozyakup and others? Have we sold Frimpong? Have we sold Miquel?

Every season there must be a cleansing out process to remove underperformers and introduce new blood - you can't buy 2 16 year olds from Barca and keep every one of your existing squad - there is a limit to numbers you can keep. We have the likes of Ryo, Campbell and others that can feature in the CC, yet we should keep all the players who have ever featured in the reserves.  undecided

I may refrain from responding to your posts now as you are now simply making up claims that have no basis.
Im not sure there's any point continuing on this issue and Im not sure Ive ever invited you to respond to my posts.
I agree my claims are 'baseless'. Ive been making 'baseless claims' for many years now. The good thing about time is that it reveals all things.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 3:58pm On Aug 23, 2011
proudly9ja:

There's this thing called insight, some of us have that gift. Whilst you are waiting for Chamberlain and co to finally decide to leave after 1 or 2 wonder seasons, we envisage it and plan ahead for it. I remember you just a few weeks ago saying with confidence that Cesc and Nasri will stay. I also remember you clearly arguing with me on NL last season when I said it clearly that Cesc wasn't committed anymore. A fact that you yourself finally agreed with ONE WHOLE SEASON later.

In all that fluff you've written, you've provided no evidence, i.e. you don't know diddlysquat. Thanks for confirming that.

As for Cesc's heart - what you are claiming as 'insight' is this:

Every year proudly come saying this goat will die, but it doesn't die for another 10 years. After 10 years,proudly now jumps up and down claiming I was right in saying this goat will die, as if goats don't all die in the first place. grin

Interpretation - Cesc was always going to leave, claiming to have said it one season ago means absolutely nothing. I might as well start saying Robin Van Persie will retire from football. In another 5 years I can come as say I said it a long time ago. grin

So I understand if you don't get the point now, if you don't have it, you don't have it. Im prepared to wait one or two seasons for you to agree with me.

I pray I never have the gift of talking as much nonsense as you're doing now. Claiming to know what is in other people's heads cannot be a sound medical state of mind.  grin

U were the one who used the word 'reject'. I only mimicked you. Its your opinion that we could only have got a 'reject' after selling two of our first team players to City. That shows how low you must consider Arsenal.

Then stop talking making silly comparisons - Citeh will not give you any of their better players, FACT. Milner is not a reject, so why bring him in?

Why must we get players from City anyways? Is it by force to get players from City? Are they the only place where players can be gotten from? What a ludicrous statement.

On your choices of players, Il take anyone of those 'rejects' this season anytime. Is it a crime to have them as part of our squad? Im sure like Arsene, you are prolly thinking 'Wright Phillips joining us will affect the growth of Miyachi', lool.

SWP is washed up - that is the fact. If he wasn't, why is it only clubs like Bolton or QPR chasing him? In one breath you want quality,  in another breath, you'll accept the dregs from others just to console yourself. This is the very definition of confusion.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 4:01pm On Aug 23, 2011
edoyad:

But wait, dudu and debosky should help us understand  their twisted logic that's left me far lost than i've ever been.
You're both saying the club will sign players "after" we're guarantied a spot in this season's UCL.
My question is, why didn't we just get the calibre of players that would have ensured our qualification in first place ? Afterall we all knew Cesc and Nasri would be leaving.

Good question. I promise to answer the question, but just want to ask another question before responding.

Do you feel that a reasonably fit Arsenal squad (minus Cesc & Nasri) would be good enough to qualify for the CL or do you think that Arsenal would be unable to qualify for the CL without Cesc and Nasri?

Please make it brief if you can.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 4:04pm On Aug 23, 2011
edoyad:

But wait, dudu and debosky should help us understand  their twisted logic that's left me far lost than i've ever been.

It was never guaranteed that those two players will be leaving and you don't just flog your players off, there are negotiations particularly for players the manager always made clear he never wanted to lose. There are 3 parties to a negotiation, it doesn't depend on only one party.  Did you hear Fergie say they made an offer for Phil Jones in January which wasn't successful? The squad we have at present is quite capable of getting us through qualification.
A player like Hazard however would want qualification guaranteed before joining as it makes no sense him coming to Arsenal to play Europa when Lille is already in the UCL.

The problem with Arsenal fans is that every fan believes they are now experts in administration, management and coaching, people are now stating opinions as fact without any basis no thanks to the sky pundits who themselves have never managed a club or have come out of such with extremely poor managerial records.  grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 4:05pm On Aug 23, 2011
debosky:

Good question. I promise to Answer the question, but just want to ask another question before responding.

Do you feel that a reasonably fit Arsenal squad (minus Cesc & Nasri) would be good enough to qualify for the CL or do you think that Arsenal would be unable to qualify for the CL without Cesc and Nasri?

Please make it brief if you can.

answer his question first, you unrepentant pederast.

always trying to play games in serious issues. . . . .proudly made a solid point - why are arsenal in this mess in the first place if everything has been good and dandy? wenger knew there's a possibility cesc/nasri might move - why didn't he complete all the deals of his new signings since last month? enough time to bed them in, enough time to acclimatize in the pre-season and enough firepower to have seen udinese off in the first leg.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 4:06pm On Aug 23, 2011
^^ Up yours sharon. grin

@ Edoyad, please reply and then I will give you my answer.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 4:14pm On Aug 23, 2011
@Proudly

Seriously, it is totally wrong to say Cesc and Nasri were sold to balance the books. It is however fair to say that the club insisted on getting as much value as they could from their sales. That was the whole point in tying them to long term contracts in the first instance and if they didn't do so, I would be accusing them of gross incompetence as the same people now condemning Arsene did when he said he would allow Nasri wind down his contract rather than let him go.

Arsenal at present are financially comfortable, what makes things difficult is that city and chelsea have no books to balance and the advent of FFP actually has made this market a very difficult one as most clubs are having what would likely be their last splurge. It is quite likely that whatever squads and wages clubs go into at this point will set the tone for the FFP moderated future, its my opinion that the club wants to go into this period in as safe a position as possible.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by montelik(m): 4:16pm On Aug 23, 2011
edoyad:

But wait, dudu and debosky should help us understand  their twisted logic that's left me far lost than i've ever been.

Nice question. Maybe AW was expecting to draw a weak team.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 4:17pm On Aug 23, 2011
debosky:

^^ Up yours sharon. grin

@ Edoyad, please reply and then I will give you my answer.

i still don't get your argument here. . . .
are you saying wenger is guilt-free in all this mess he has put arsenal into?

wenger may have a degree in economics, but for a nerd, he makes some bloody stupid decisions. i think it's his arrogance that is his failing. he refuses to accept reality and hangs on to deluded ideals. he should have accepted the cesc and samir situation months ago and spent the last 6 weeks finding replacements, instead of the balls up he now finds himself in.

i pray udinese destroy arsenal tomorrow in italy.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by edoyad(m): 4:18pm On Aug 23, 2011
@debosky proven himself to be a true Nigerian, answering with a question tongue

Well my answer is, depends:
i . edoyad after a few bottles of beer and a plate of fish pepper soup would be 100% certain we would qualify .

ii. This edoyad, in my present frame of mind would say, 57% grin . But then again i'd give Westbrom 55% against Udinese too grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 4:21pm On Aug 23, 2011
As for Cesc's heart - what you are claiming as 'insight' is this:

Every year proudly come saying this goat will die, but it doesn't die for another 10 years. After 10 years,proudly now jumps up and down claiming I was right in saying this goat will die, as if goats don't all die in the first place. grin

Interpretation - Cesc was always going to leave, claiming to have said it one season ago means absolutely nothing. I might as well start saying Robin Van Persie will retire from football. In another 5 years I can come as say I said it a long time ago. grin
You just keep twisting things. Show me anywhere before last summer, where I said Cesc wasn't committed anymore and that we should cash in on him?
Accept, you didn't see it coming and I did!

I pray I never have the gift of talking as much nonsense as you're doing now. Claiming to know what is in other people's heads cannot be a sound medical state of mind.  grin
I used the word 'insight'. Do you pray not to have insight? grin grin I pray you have it. Many may not understand you at first cos you'l always be ahead of others.

Then stop talking making silly comparisons - Citeh will not give you any of their better players, FACT. Milner is not a reject, so why bring him in?

Why must we get players from City anyways? Is it by force to get players from City? Are they the only place where players can be gotten from? What a ludicrous statement.
I mentioned City because we sold two of our best players to them. It could be City, Barcelona, wateva. Fact is, we sold players this season and asides the money, we didn't get anything in return. Not even a player on loan!

SWP is washed up - that is the fact. If he wasn't, why is it only clubs like Bolton or QPR chasing him? In one breath you want quality,  in another breath, you'll accept the dregs from others just to console yourself. This is the very definition of confusion.

Oh, so Bolton, an EPL side is chasing SWP? And we are chasing League1 and Japanese secondary school footballers? it is well.

In one breath you want quality,  in another breath, you'll accept the dregs from others just to console yourself. This is the very definition of confusion.
Surely, you can't blame me for this. If Arsene regards someone who was playing for a secondary school in Japan just last season, a League 1 player and a player who didn't even feature more than 2ce for his League 2 side last season as QUALITY PLAYERS, surely you can't blame me for regarding SWP, a player who actually plays for a premier league side as quality enough for us?

As for Cesc and Nasri balancing the books, If they were not sold to balance the books, where are their replacements?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 4:27pm On Aug 23, 2011
proudly9ja:

Oh, so Bolton, an EPL side is chasing SWP? And we are chasing League1 and Japanese secondary school footballers? it is well.
Surely, you can't blame me for this. If Arsene regards someone who was playing for a secondary school in Japan just last season, a League 1 player and a player who didn't even feature more than 2ce for his League 2 side last season as QUALITY PLAYERS, surely you can't blame me for regarding SWP, a player who actually plays for a premier league side as quality enough for us?

As for Cesc and Nasri balancing the books, If they were not sold to balance the books, where are their replacements?

Chill proudly, the transfer window isn't closed yet is it? Coolu temper. All those players were bought with an eye on the future they are not Cesc and Nasri's replacements.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 4:33pm On Aug 23, 2011
duduspace:

@Proudly

Seriously, it is totally wrong to say Cesc and Nasri were sold to balance the books. It is however fair to say that the club insisted on getting as much value as they could from their sales. That was the whole point in tying them to long term contracts in the first instance and if they didn't do so, I would be accusing them of gross incompetence as the same people now condemning Arsene did when he said he would allow Nasri wind down his contract rather than let him go.

Arsenal at present are financially comfortable, what makes things difficult is that city and chelsea have no books to balance and the advent of FFP actually has made this market a very difficult one as most clubs are having what would likely be their last splurge. It is quite likely that whatever squads and wages clubs go into at this point will set the tone for the FFP moderated future, its my opinion that the club wants to go into this period in as safe a position as possible.

Dudu, I personally don't like flashing names of available footballers because I don't know much about players playing outside the EPL and maybe a few in la liga and the french league but seriously, you mean we have not been able to get these so called 'super quality' players because of City and Chelsea? seriously? If we are to believe reports from last season, Arsene had known Cesc would leave this season. And for that period, he hasn't been able to bring in a replacement? If you ask me, I think in Arsene's mind, he has already brought in the replacement for BOTH Cesc and Nasri. Gervinho is to take Nasri's place and we will reshuffle our squad once Jack gets back to accommodate him in a more advanced role. (I may be wrong)

Im prepared to keep quiet and take your word that Cesc and Nasri were not sold to balance the books. Il wait till September 1. At least, we can safely assume that City and Chelsea are now done in the transfer market. The rest of us can now fight over the crumbs.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by edoyad(m): 4:35pm On Aug 23, 2011
Every year proudly come
saying this goat will die, but it
doesn't die for another 10
years. After 10 years,proudly
now jumps up and down
claiming I was right in saying this goat will die, as if goats
don't all die in the first place.

grin that ish was real funny. But we all know the goat in question didn't die after ten years, it died after 7 years. grin
duduspace:

It was never guaranteed that those two players will be leaving and you don't just flog your players off, there are negotiations particularly for players the manager always made clear he never wanted to lose. There are 3 parties to a negotiation, it doesn't depend on only one party. Did you hear Fergie say they made an offer for Phil Jones in January which wasn't successful? The squad we have at present is quite capable of getting us through qualification.
A player like Hazard however would want qualification guaranteed before joining as it makes no sense him coming to Arsenal to play Europa when Lille is already in the UCL.

The problem with Arsenal fans is that every fan believes they are now experts in administration, management and coaching, people are now stating opinions as fact without any basis no thanks to the sky pundits who themselves have never managed a club or have come out of such with extremely poor managerial records. grin grin

an example of which would be ?

Dudu who the hell is Hazard to demand UCl footie ? What history does he have there ? This excuse of players not wanting to come because of UCL footie is utter rubbish. Pay the right price and they'll come, period. Besides it's not like we're already out of it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 4:38pm On Aug 23, 2011
duduspace:

Chill proudly, the transfer window isn't closed yet is it? Coolu temper. All those players were bought with an eye on the future they are not Cesc and Nasri's replacements.
Ok o, I don accept. Il wait patiently. And nobody should come and tell us that the transfer market is not a casino.

I have low expectations for this season tbh. But only as low as 4th position. Anything lower than that for me will be asking AW and his Arsene FC fans to please leave the club.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 4:41pm On Aug 23, 2011
proudly9ja:

Im prepared to keep quiet and take your word that Cesc and Nasri were not sold to balance the books. Il wait till September 1. At least, we can safely assume that City and Chelsea are now done in the transfer market. The rest of us can now fight over the crumbs.

why wait till the 1st of september?
it's already sealed that wenger won't bring a quality player in the mould of cesc and nasri. there are no quality available players in the market. all but one have been snapped up and i doubt sneijder would move to arsenal even if wenger can afford his wages.

so what do you have left? modric? nope. . . .mata? chelsea acted faster
scott parker? is that a step up or a step down.
alcantara? guardiola would spit on wenger's face.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 4:47pm On Aug 23, 2011
proudly9ja:

Ok o, I don accept. Il wait patiently. And nobody should come and tell us that the transfer market is not a casino.

I have low expectations for this season tbh. But only as low as 4th position. Anything lower than that for me will be asking AW and his Arsene FC fans to please leave the club.

Even I have lowered my expectation as well and I dare say Debo too. What we are not agreed upon is who (if anyone) is to blame for the current situation or if its just a difficult period to navigate again as we did with the stadium move.

As far as I know, there is only Arsenal FC having issues with the hotheads in the fanbase.  grin grin When Arsene FC is inaugurated please let me know. I won't be a fan but I'd like to buy shares there. And while you are planning to chase some of us fans out if we don't make top 4, should we also be planning to chase you out if we do?  tongue

@Edoyad
Hazard might not have a UCL pedigree but he and Gervinho just took Lille back in there. It would be a shame if both came to Arsenal and then Lille went to the UCL but Arsenal didn't so I can understand his position.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 4:51pm On Aug 23, 2011
coogar:

why wait till the 1st of september?
it's already sealed that wenger won't bring a quality player in the mould of cesc and nasri. there are no quality available players in the market. all but one have been snapped up and i doubt sneijder would move to arsenal even if wenger can afford his wages.

so what do you have left? modric? nope. . . .mata? chelsea acted faster
scott parker? is that a step up or a step down.
alcantara? guardiola would spit on wenger's face.
Im only giving dudu the opportunity to recant. I trust duduspace to accept when he is wrong. The only problem I have with him is after accepting he is wrong, he will then go on to give us 10 epistles on why we couldn't get quality players grin grin grin

Its debosky we are still trying to get off the 'Im always right' train even when events later show he is wrong. Not to worry though, we all get our weaknesses.

By the way, Hazard is still available and sometime ago, I heard we were looking at a player from Shakhtar (Jadson or so).

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100)

Chelsea Vs Manchester United: FA Cup Final (1 - 0) On 19th May 2018 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw On 16th March 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.