Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty (31110 Views)

God Condemned Slavery! 7 Bible Verses Against Slavery. / Happiness: 7 Bible Verses On How To Live A Joyful Life / Misuse Of The Bible Verses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Forgodsgrace: 5:40pm On Oct 31, 2021
lomprico:
the only way to overcome poverty is to work hard!

for those quoting me, Working hard dose not necessarily mean 'Hard work'. before you attained working smart, you must have done the 'hard work' that enabled you to make things easy.

If Na by hard work brick layers are those people doing hard labors are to be the richest .No be by hard work but by grace!!
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by lomprico(m): 6:48pm On Oct 31, 2021
Forgodsgrace:

If Na by hard work brick layers are those people doing hard labors are to be the richest .No be by hard work but by grace!!

so even with my explanation u still no get sense.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 6:50pm On Oct 31, 2021
LordReed:

These are the advocates for your Jesus' teachings that are displaying the opposite of what you said would happen to Jesus' followers. You can point me to those who you feel more appropriately portray those teachings, in the meantime these bright lights are the ones I can see.

LordReed:

Well then so it negates your point doesn't it? If the Christians who are supposedly modelling Christ are nothing to write home about then what you said was wrong.

If someone says he is an atheist but prays fervently and never misses church what would you say?
As I told you, we all know Christ's teachings and what would be the characteristics of one following. Any other thing is unnecessary argument for argument sake.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Mayeldah(m): 6:52pm On Oct 31, 2021
Escaping poverty is not by quoting scriptures. If you like cram these bible verses you can still be poor if you don't work

Don't get it twisted, Jesus came to give us salvation not to make us millionaires.

Anybody can be rich if they work hard and smart, whether they be believer or unbeliever.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 6:55pm On Oct 31, 2021
PoliteActivist:

If someone says he is an atheist but prays fervently and never misses church what would you say?
As U told you, we all know Christ's teachings and what would be the characteristics of one following. Any other thing is unnecessary argument for argument sake.

If I made a claim that no atheist will go to church or pray then you could challenge my claim with such evidence to the contrary. You made a claim and it doesn't seem to bear out in real life.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by God2man2again(m): 6:58pm On Oct 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Bible verses as swords? Ask the pharisees and people of Israel who had those scriptures long before you did and they will tell you, you are a fool for such thinking! undecided

Of Course the Israelites will tell me that I am right according to the scriptures Ephesians 6:17" And take the helmet of salvation, and the SWORD of the SPIRIT, which is the WORD of God."

So my friend, who is a fool?

I have a message on my old moniker God2man, titled, Demystifying Poverty. if you can search for it on nairaland , it is still there.
It may give.you better understanding of what I am trying to say.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Mayeldah(m): 7:02pm On Oct 31, 2021
Forgodsgrace:

You are still getting it wrong, there are principles to get wealth but cramming bible verses is not one of them. This grace for wealth you are talking about is for everyone created by God whether they have accepted Christ or not. After creating man, God said go and multiply and subdue the earth. This grace is for all men.

Facts and Figures don't lie, look around you, are the Churchy people the wealthiest?

There is something that a born again has that some rich people don't have , that's salvation. Salvation with poverty can take you to heaven same with salvation with riches.

In all, get salvation first, every other thing is secondary.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 7:07pm On Oct 31, 2021
LordReed:

If I made a claim that no atheist will go to church or pray then you could challenge my claim with such evidence to the contrary. You made a claim and it doesn't seem to bear out in real life.

I made no claim. I stated a fact. There is a difference. If you state that Atheists don't believe in God. That's a fact. If someone claims to be an atheist but practices belief in God, it in way affects the fact you stated.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Kobojunkie: 7:09pm On Oct 31, 2021
God2man2again:
Of Course the Israelites will tell me that I am right according to the scriptures Ephesians 6:17" And take the helmet of salvation, and the SWORD of the SPIRIT, which is the WORD of God."

So my friend, who is a fool?

I have a message on my old moniker God2man, titled, Demystifying Poverty. if you can search for it on nairaland , it is still there.
It may give.you better understanding of what I am trying to say.
I just love the way the lot of you readily pick and chose the parts of Paul's letters you will adhere conveniently discarding the words of Jesus Christ. undecided

Since you see Paul's words as a sort of Goodluck charm to you, only God can tell where it will lead you..... undecided
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 7:45pm On Oct 31, 2021
PoliteActivist:

I made no claim. I stated a fact. There is a difference. If you state that Atheists don't believe in God. That's a fact. If someone claims to be an atheist but practices belief in God, it in way affects the fact you stated.

You did make a claim, you said anyone following the teachings of Jesus would be less greedy, yet we have the very advocates for Jesus' teachings been avaricious. Your statement can't be fact if it isn't true.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by God2man2again(m): 7:59pm On Oct 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I just love the way the lot of you readily pick and chose the parts of Paul's letters you will adhere conveniently discarding the words of Jesus Christ. undecided

Since you see Paul's words as a sort of Goodluck charm to you, only God can tell where it will lead you..... undecided

The title is,Why you must hate Poverty.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 8:31pm On Oct 31, 2021
LordReed:

You did make a claim, you said anyone following the teachings of Jesus would be less greedy, yet we have the very advocates for Jesus' teachings been avaricious. Your statement can't be fact if it isn't true.

That's a FACT. Just as you saying atheists don't believe in God. People who follow the teaching "eschew worldly acquisition" will not be greedy. That's a FACT!
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by sageb: 10:43pm On Oct 31, 2021
Comforting verses
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Kobojunkie: 10:52pm On Oct 31, 2021
God2man2again:
The title is,Why you must hate Poverty.
Keep moving the goal post! Saying you hate Poverty will not make it disappear from your life. You actually have to do work for it not time remain your lot if that is what you really mean. Without that work either of obedience to God's teachings and commandments, or work for food that perishes in this world, na so you and poverty go dey do staring contest everyday and night. undecided
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by God2man2again(m): 1:59am On Nov 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Keep moving the goal post! Saying you hate Poverty will not make it disappear from your life. You actually have to do work for it not time remain your lot if that is what you really mean. Without that work either of obedience to God's teachings and commandments, or work for food that perishes in this world, na so you and poverty go dey do staring contest everyday and night. undecided

Poverty has disappeared from my life.
I reject poverty. I hate poverty. Poverty will never contest with me day and night. This is my victory over poverty. By faith in the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. I overcome poverty in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen. Thank you Jesus.
I reject poverty. I hate Poverty in Jesus name.Amen.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Kobojunkie: 2:02am On Nov 01, 2021
God2man2again:
Poverty has disappeared from my life.
I reject poverty. I hate poverty. Poverty will never contest with me day and night. This is my victory over poverty. By faith in the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. I overcome poverty in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen. Thank you Jesus.
I reject poverty. I hate Poverty in Jesus name.Amen.
It is not by mouth but by deed that you reap even the blessings of God. undecided

If your faith is dead, it yields you nothing. undecided
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by davades(m): 4:58am On Nov 01, 2021
Saved them on my phone
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by God2man2again(m): 5:46am On Nov 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It is not by mouth but by deed that you reap even the blessings of God. undecided

If your faith is dead, it yields you nothing. undecided
It is by mouth ooo. Death and life are in the power of the tongue.
I say it with authority in the name of Jesus. My Faith is ALIVE. By faith in death and resurrection of Our Lord Jesus Christ, I overcome poverty, I reject poverty, I refuse it. I hate poverty. It is not my portion. Poverty has disappeared from my life in the name of Jesus. Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 6:26am On Nov 01, 2021
PoliteActivist:

That's a FACT. Just as you saying atheists don't believe in God. People who follow the teaching "eschew worldly acquisition" will not be greedy. That's a FACT!

It's not a fact even if you shout yourself hoarse when there is evidence to the contrary.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Kobojunkie: 6:39am On Nov 01, 2021
God2man2again:

It is by mouth ooo. Death and life are in the power of the tongue.
I say it with authority in the name of Jesus. My Faith is ALIVE. By faith in death and resurrection of Our Lord Jesus Christ, I overcome poverty, I reject poverty, I refuse it. I hate poverty. It is not my portion. Poverty has disappeared from my life in the name of Jesus. Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen Amen.
Try reading the same verse paying careful attention to context and this time in a translation that you may more easily grasp. undecided
17 The first person to speak always seems right until someone comes and asks the right questions.
18 The best way to settle an argument between two powerful people may be to use lots.
19 An insulted brother is harder to win back than a city with strong walls. Arguments separate people like the strong bars of a palace gate.
20 Your words can be as satisfying as fruit, as pleasing as the food that fills your stomach.

21 The tongue can speak words that bring life or death. Those who love to talk must be ready to accept what it brings. - Proverbs 18 vs 17 - 21
Nowhere in that context or the one that follows does the author of the proverb suggests you speak scripture or use it for incantations. He instead writes of your own words and how you use it to engage the world around you. undecided

Please when you consult wisdom, pay attention to what she is in fact saying - instead of trying to get her to agree with your personal delusion. undecided
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 7:29am On Nov 01, 2021
LordReed:

It's not a fact even if you shout yourself hoarse when there is evidence to the contrary.

FACT: Atheists don't believe in God
(Remains a fact even if I shout myself hoarse showing you some professed atheists who believe in God)
FACT: Followers of the teaching "eschew worldly acquisition" will not be greedy.
(Remains a fact even if you shout yourself hoarse showing me some professed followers of the teaching who are greedy)
grin
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Charx122: 8:16am On Nov 01, 2021
1nice:
These Bible Verses will help you to have the right knowledge about God's plan for you not to lack anything good.

(1) 2 CORINTHIANS 8:9
You know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ; rich as he was, he made himself poor for your sake, in order to make you rich by means of his poverty.

(2) PSALMS 23:1
The LORD is my shepherd; I have everything I need.

(3) PROVERBS 10:22
It is the LORD'S blessing that makes you wealthy. Hard work can make you no richer.

(4) Even lions go hungry for lack of food, but those who obey the LORD lack nothing good.

(5) ISAIAH 3:10
The righteous will be happy, and things will go well for them. They will be able to enjoy what they have worked for.

(6) PSALMS 128:2
Your work will provide for your needs; you will be happy and prosperous.

(7) ECCLESIASTES 5:19
If God gives a man wealth and property and lets him enjoy them, he should be grateful and enjoy what he has worked for. It is a gift from God.

God loves his people and never want his people to lack anything good.
It is not the will of God that you will be poor in life because the God of heaven is not a poor God.

Jesus Christ Loves you!!!

Please it has started working for me ... Read and understand the scriptures believe the word of God be a doer forget about all these weightless twisted words from some faith killers.. Is all about getting to God and his purpose for your life ..Study the Bible then you will get to know the Man behind the book..
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 8:37am On Nov 01, 2021
PoliteActivist:

FACT: Atheists don't believe in God
(Remains a fact even if I shout myself hoarse showing you some professed atheists who believe in God)
FACT: Followers of the teaching "eschew worldly acquisition" will not be greedy.
(Remains a fact even if you shout yourself hoarse showing me some professed followers of the teaching who are greedy)
grin

Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages

fact
/fakt/
noun
a thing that is known or proved to be true.

I proved your claim false so it cannot be a fact. Shout yourself hoarse some more it remains untrue.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by God2man2again(m): 8:51am On Nov 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Try reading the same verse paying careful attention to context and this time in a translation that you may more easily grasp. undecided
Nowhere in that context or the one that follows does the author of the proverb suggests you speak scripture or use it for incantations. He instead writes of your own words and how you use it to engage the world around you. undecided

Please when you consult wisdom, pay attention to what she is in fact saying - instead of trying to get her to agree with your personal delusion. undecided

I have said it. I can't change it. I am not a novice on nairaland. I know your spiritual standpoint.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 9:32am On Nov 01, 2021
LordReed:

Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages

fact
/fakt/
noun
a thing that is known or proved to be true.

I proved your claim false so it cannot be a fact. Shout yourself hoarse some more it remains untrue.

You just convicted yourself: [Followers of the teaching "eschew worldly acquisition" will not be greedy] is exactly definition of the word "fact" as you defined it!
Just as is "atheists don't believe in god".

Educate us. Show us how you proved that statement to be false.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 10:59am On Nov 01, 2021
PoliteActivist:

You just convicted yourself: [Followers of the teaching "eschew worldly acquisition" will not be greedy] is exactly definition of the word "fact" as you defined it!
Just as is "atheists don't believe in god".

Educate us. Show us how you proved that statement to be false.

Followers of the teachings of Jesus have been shown to be just as avaricious as any other person. The most notable examples being pastors that accumulate private jets, offshore bank accounts, landed properties, etc. This clearly shows your assertion is untrue, anyone who is a follower of the teachings of Jesus doesn't automatically become less greedy or hateful.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 11:24am On Nov 01, 2021
LordReed:

Followers of the teachings of Jesus have been shown to be just as avaricious as any other person. The most notable examples being pastors that accumulate private jets, offshore bank accounts, landed properties, etc. This clearly shows your assertion is untrue, anyone who is a follower of the teachings of Jesus doesn't automatically become less greedy or hateful.

Okay. What are the teachings of Lord Jesus concerning accumulation of earthly possessions. Do you know?
Now educate us how someone following that teaching will turn out greedy
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 7:54pm On Nov 01, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Okay. What are the teachings of Lord Jesus concerning accumulation of earthly possessions. Do you know?
Now educate us how someone following that teaching will turn out greedy

Matt.19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Luke 6:38
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

These are some of Jesus' teachings that they rely on.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 8:53pm On Nov 01, 2021
LordReed:

Matt.19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Luke 6:38
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

These are some of Jesus' teachings that they rely on.

I now see where the problem is: you don't quite know the definition of greed.
In trying to win an argument you are doing same thing prosperity preachers do: misrepresenting Mathew 6.
Here's the full quote: it obviously refers to your NEEDS not riches or greedy accumulation:

Matthew 6:31-33
King James Version
31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seeksmiley for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Non of the verses you mentioned is about acquisition and accumulation.
See below for definition of greed and Christ's teachings on earthly accumulation

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 9:56pm On Nov 01, 2021
PoliteActivist:

I now see where the problem is: you don't quite know the definition of greed.
In trying to win an argument you are doing same thing prosperity preachers do: misrepresenting Mathew 6.
Here's the full quote: it obviously refers to your NEEDS not riches or greedy accumulation:

Matthew 6:31-33
King James Version
31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seeksmiley for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Non of the verses you mentioned is about acquisition and accumulation.
See below for definition of greed and Christ's teachings on earthly accumulation

You should take it up with the followers of Jesus' teachings who are avariciously accumulating earthly riches.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 10:46pm On Nov 01, 2021
LordReed:

You should take it up with the followers of Jesus' teachings who are avariciously accumulating earthly riches.

Same way you should take it up with people who profess atheism but believe in god grin.
Your argument failed because you framed it wrongly.
Next time argue that some people who SAY they are followers of Christ's teachings are very greedy
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 11:10pm On Nov 01, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Same way you should take it up with people who profess atheism but believe in god grin.
Your argument failed because you framed it wrongly.
Next time argue that some people who SAY they are followers of Christ's teachings are very greedy

Point me to them since I have never heard of such atheists.

I am not the gatekeeper of who follows your Jesus' teachings rightly or wrongly. Since you seem to be the gatekeeper you have your work cut out for you. LMAO!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How A Gateman Helped Me To Get US Visa – Oritsejafor / Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter / Prophet Pictured Kissing His Wife & House Help Is Mentally Ill−Tanzanian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.