Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,341 members, 7,829,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty (31106 Views)

God Condemned Slavery! 7 Bible Verses Against Slavery. / Happiness: 7 Bible Verses On How To Live A Joyful Life / Misuse Of The Bible Verses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 11:25am On Nov 03, 2021
LordReed:

Where in any of these did I write follower of do not be greedy?

Come on sir, you know "eschew worldly possessions" is synonymous with "do not be greedy" which summarizes Lord Jesus' teaching on worldly possessions. You said a person following that teaching can still be greedy. That's what this entire discussion has been about for crysake!
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 12:14pm On Nov 03, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Come on sir, you know "eschew worldly possessions" is synonymous with "do not be greedy" which summarizes Lord Jesus' teaching on worldly possessions. You said a person following that teaching can still be greedy. That's what this entire discussion has been about for crysake!

I never said anything of the sort. It was you who said all of that not me. You can screenshot anywhere I mentioned eschew worldly possessions or do not be greedy or that these are a summary of Jesus' teaching as part of my argument. Don't put words in my mouth.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 1:07pm On Nov 03, 2021
LordReed:

I never said anything of the sort. It was you who said all of that not me. You can screenshot anywhere I mentioned eschew worldly possessions or do not be greedy or that these are a summary of Jesus' teaching as part of my argument. Don't put words in my mouth.crusade!

I can't believe this. Sir, when I said a true follower of Jesus teachings cannot be greedy, didn't you say it was a claim, that I was wrong. Isn't that what this entire talk has been about??!!
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 1:36pm On Nov 03, 2021
PoliteActivist:

I can't believe this. Sir, when I said a true follower of Jesus teachings cannot be greedy, didn't you say it was a claim, that I was wrong. Isn't that what this entire talk has been about??!!

So when did I say the summary of Jesus' teachings was don't be greedy?
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 2:51pm On Nov 03, 2021
LordReed:

So when did I say the summary of Jesus' teachings was don't be greedy?

So tell us, you know the bible: what is your summary of what Lord Jesus taught on greed?
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 3:07pm On Nov 03, 2021
PoliteActivist:

So tell us, you know the bible: what is your summary of what Lord Jesus taught on greed?

What Jesus taught on greed is not the same as all of Jesus' teaching. Jesus spoke against greed, he spoke against hate yet you have Christians who still do these things which is my point. My point wasn't Jesus didn't teach against greed it was to counter your statement that anybody who who follows Jesus' teaches will automatically not do these things. You said you clarified with the adjective true, so only true followers would not be greedy and hateful. As a follow up I ask you for example and you say monks, nuns and those who have taken a vow of poverty to which I ask are in any of these category, you don't answer.

Just to be clear here is one of Jesus' teachings on greed:

Mark 7:21-23
Amplified Bible
21 For from within, [that is] out the heart of men, come base and malevolent thoughts and schemes, acts of sexual immorality, thefts, murders, adulteries, 22 acts of greed and covetousness, wickedness, deceit, unrestrained conduct, envy and jealousy, slander and profanity, arrogance and self-righteousness and foolishness (poor judgment). 23 All these evil things [schemes and desires] come from within and defile and dishonor the man.”
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 4:04pm On Nov 03, 2021
LordReed:

What Jesus taught on greed is not the same as all of Jesus' teaching. Jesus spoke against greed, he spoke against hate yet you have Christians who still do these things which is my point. My point wasn't Jesus didn't teach against greed it was to counter your statement that anybody who who follows Jesus' teaches will automatically not do these things. You said you clarified with the adjective true, so only true followers would not be greedy and hateful. As a follow up I ask you for example and you say monks, nuns and those who have taken a vow of poverty to which I ask are in any of these category, you don't answer.

Just to be clear here is one of Jesus' teachings on greed:

Mark 7:21-23
Amplified Bible
21 For from within, [that is] out the heart of men, come base and malevolent thoughts and schemes, acts of sexual immorality, thefts, murders, adulteries, 22 acts of greed and covetousness, wickedness, deceit, unrestrained conduct, envy and jealousy, slander and profanity, arrogance and self-righteousness and foolishness (poor judgment). 23 All these evil things [schemes and desires] come from within and defile and dishonor the man.”

Ok, below are our postings. Refresh your memory: YOU ARE SAYING EXACTLY THAT. Are you arguing just to be arguing?

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 4:45pm On Nov 03, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Ok, below are our postings. Refresh your memory: YOU ARE SAYING EXACTLY THAT. Are you arguing just to be arguing?

You are the one arguing just to be arguing. Where in all of that do I say Jesus' teaching is summarised by do not be greedy?
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 6:55pm On Nov 03, 2021
LordReed:

You are the one arguing just to be arguing. Where in all of that do I say Jesus' teaching is summarised by do not be greedy?

Ok, what were you saying is not a fact here?:

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 8:21pm On Nov 03, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Ok, what were you saying is not a fact here?:

Your assertion that anybody following the teachings of Jesus will not be greedy or hateful.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 9:03pm On Nov 03, 2021
LordReed:

Your assertion that anybody following the teachings of Jesus will not be greedy or hateful.

And as I told you, that's where you lost the argument. Specifically, the underlined is what you said is not a fact. Explain to us how the underlined is not a fact.

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 8:50am On Nov 04, 2021
PoliteActivist:

And as I told you, that's where you lost the argument. Specifically, the underlined is what you said is not a fact. Explain to us how the underlined is not a fact.

I already said what I was objecting to.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 9:53am On Nov 04, 2021
LordReed:

I already said what I was objecting to.

We are still waiting for your explanation sir. [People who follow the teaching "eschew worldly acquisitivness" will not be greedy]. You said point blank that statement is not a fact. Please explain.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 10:38am On Nov 04, 2021
PoliteActivist:

We are still waiting for your explanation sir. [People who follow the teaching "eschew worldly acquisitivness" will not be greedy]. You said point blank that statement is not a fact. Please explain.

I didn't object to "People who follow the teaching "eschew worldly acquisitivness" will not be greedy", i objected to "anyone who truly follows Jesus' teachings will not be greedy or hateful".
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 11:11am On Nov 04, 2021
LordReed:

I didn't object to "People who follow the teaching "eschew worldly acquisitivness" will not be greedy", i objected to "anyone who truly follows Jesus' teachings will not be greedy or hateful".

You are denying what you said point blank (see below).
But ok, granted. Point to us what part of Lord Jesus' teaching encourages greed.

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 11:41am On Nov 04, 2021
PoliteActivist:

You are denying what you said point blank (see below).
But ok, granted. Point to us what part of Lord Jesus' teaching encourages greed.

Are you incapable of understanding English in the morning? How many times tdo I need to spell something out before you get it?

I don't think any part of Jesus' teaching encourages greed.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 3:37pm On Nov 04, 2021
LordReed:

Are you incapable of understanding English in the morning? How many times tdo I need to spell something out before you get it?

I don't think any part of Jesus' teaching encourages greed.

THANK YOU!!!
QED!!!
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 4:38pm On Nov 04, 2021
PoliteActivist:

THANK YOU!!!
QED!!!

What seems to be eluding you is that others are using Jesus' teachings for avaricious and hateful ends nevertheless nor is it apparent that anybody following Jesus' teachings will automatically be a good person.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 5:42pm On Nov 04, 2021
LordReed:

What seems to be eluding you is that others are using Jesus' teachings for avaricious and hateful ends nevertheless nor is it apparent that anybody following Jesus' teachings will automatically be a good person.

You have already conceded, why still going on and on.
There has to be conclusion to discussions.
This discussion was about greed and Christ's teachings.
You have already conceded: There is no part of Jesus's teachings that encourages greed. Everything else is mute. If the greediest person on earth says he is going by Jesus's teachings, it doesn't change that fact. Just as a god-worshiping person saying he is an atheist doesn't change the fact that atheists don't believe in god.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 6:09pm On Nov 04, 2021
PoliteActivist:

You have already conceded, why still going on and on.
There has to be conclusion to discussions.
This discussion was about greed and Christ's teachings.
You have already conceded: There is no part of Jesus's teachings that encourages greed. Everything else is mute. If the greediest person on earth says he is going by Jesus's teachings, it doesn't change that fact. Just as a god-worshiping person saying he is an atheist doesn't change the fact that atheists don't believe in god.

The correct word is moot not mute.

You said ANYBODY following Jesus' teachings would not be greedy or hateful and I showed you people who follow Jesus' teachings yet are greedy and hateful, negating what you said. Not my fault if you can't track such a simple argument.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 6:39pm On Nov 04, 2021
LordReed:

The correct word is moot not mute.

You said ANYBODY following Jesus' teachings would not be greedy or hateful and I showed you people who follow Jesus' teachings yet are greedy and hateful, negating what you said. Not my fault if you can't track such a simple argument.

I guess u the only one doesn't know about autocorrect - that's why we don't sweat minor grammartical or spelling errors, as long as u can understand the guy!

I'd have thought you smarter than this. How many times will I have to tell you this - the word "SAYS" would have won u the argument. Without it, you lost ab initio!!
"ANYBODY following Jesus' teachings would not be greedy" is 100% incontrovertible FACT!!!
"ANYBODY who SAYS he is following Jesus' teachings would not be greedy" is 100% FALSE!!!
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 7:00pm On Nov 04, 2021
PoliteActivist:

I guess u the only one doesn't know about autocorrect - that's why we don't sweat minor grammartical or spelling errors, as long as u can understand the guy!

I'd have thought you smarter than this. How many times will I have to tell you this - the word "SAYS" would have won u the argument. Without it, you lost ab initio!!
"ANYBODY following Jesus' teachings would not be greedy" is 100% incontrovertible FACT!!!
"ANYBODY who SAYS he is following Jesus' teachings would not be greedy" is 100% FALSE!!!

LoL. You're so stuck up and self righteous you can't even take a simple correction in good faith yet you'll SAY you're a true follower of Jesus' teachings. Ain't you a prize. LMFAO!

Where did you tell me about this difference previously?
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 9:22pm On Nov 04, 2021
LordReed:

LoL. You're so stuck up and self righteous you can't even take a simple correction in good faith yet you'll SAY you're a true follower of Jesus' teachings. Ain't you a prize. LMFAO!

Where did you tell me about this difference previously?

Right here, see below.

BTW did u see this my advice on travel?
https://www.nairaland.com/6834464/traveling-abroad-guidance-needed#107330473

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 9:51pm On Nov 04, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Right here, see below.

BTW did u see this my advice on travel?
https://www.nairaland.com/6834464/traveling-abroad-guidance-needed#107330473

Seen.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 10:07pm On Nov 04, 2021
LordReed:

Seen.

QED
cheesy

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 9:55am On Nov 06, 2021
PoliteActivist:

QED
cheesy

Question: do you work or earn money in some way?
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 2:31pm On Nov 06, 2021
LordReed:

Question: do you work or earn money in some way?
Architect
You?
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 7:21pm On Nov 06, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Architect
You?

Government worker.

So you aren't a monk, nun nor have you taken a vow of poverty so how are you a true Jesus follower like you said?

Read the below and tell me how well you stacked up.

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 4:30am On Nov 07, 2021
lipsrsealed
LordReed:

Government worker.

So you aren't a monk, nun nor have you taken a vow of poverty so how are you a true Jesus follower like you said?

Read the below and tell me how well you stacked up.

This person is lying - his whole language and demeanor betrays him. Truly following Lord Jesus the way he described is a spiritual experience - it is induced by the Spirit. What he said he did can't be done without Spirit - and he obviously never had that.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 7:42am On Nov 07, 2021
PoliteActivist:
lipsrsealed

This person is lying - his whole language and demeanor betrays him. Truly following Lord Jesus the way he described is a spiritual experience - it is induced by the Spirit. What he said he did can't be done without Spirit - and he obviously never had that.

You didn't answer the question.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 10:39am On Nov 07, 2021
LordReed:

You didn't answer the question.

Oh yeah, the hypocritical question. You keep mentioning those, I never said those are the only true followers of Christ, and even some of those are not true followers of Christ. It is Spiritual. Neither does it mean perfection. So, yes, I am a true follower of Christ, without being a nun or monk!
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 11:34am On Nov 07, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Oh yeah, the hypocritical question. You keep mentioning those, I never said those are the only true followers of Christ, and even some of those are not true followers of Christ. It is Spiritual. Neither does it mean perfection. So, yes, I am a true follower of Christ, without being a nun or monk!

I asked you for well known examples and those were the ones you gave. You want to try again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nollywood Stars Turned Pastors (1) / Photos Of Eunice Olawale At Bible School / The Death Of Pastor Eskor Mfon Of RCCG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.