Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,130 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty (31112 Views)

God Condemned Slavery! 7 Bible Verses Against Slavery. / Happiness: 7 Bible Verses On How To Live A Joyful Life / Misuse Of The Bible Verses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Btruth: 11:46am On Oct 31, 2021
1nice:

I noticed that number (4) text is not having a Bible verse on it.
The number (4) Bible verse is PSALMS 34:10

(4) PSALMS 34:10
Even lions go hungry for lack of food, but those who obey the LORD lack nothing good.

Awọn ọmọ kiniun a ma ṣe alaini, ebi a si ma pa wọn: ṣugbọn awọn ti nwá Oluwa, kì yio ṣe alaini ohun ti o dara.

The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.

Psalms 34:10
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by faoogoke(m): 11:49am On Oct 31, 2021
Sorry brother those verses are not the solution to poverty but hard work with diligence, truthfulness, perseverance and trust in God.
Most importantly, a person who is truly born again cannot be poor. You have Jesus Christ you have all you need.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by tctrills: 11:50am On Oct 31, 2021
There is no verse for overcoming poverty.
The richest men on earth don't go to church.
Stop fooling the youths

3 Likes

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Mitishi: 12:02pm On Oct 31, 2021
1nice:

I noticed that number (4) text is not having a Bible verse on it.
The number (4) Bible verse is PSALMS 34:10

(4) PSALMS 34:10
Even lions go hungry for lack of food, but those who obey the LORD lack nothing good.

Nonsense!

You better go and look for a job

Black man mentality.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2021
Phraences:

On social media especially Instagram, when a celebrity displays affluence and luxury, you see people saying “God when?”. Average life is now seen as mediocrity. You must be rich enough to travel to Dubai from time to time, have expensive cars and mansions etc Money, Money, Money!!!! And the economic situation in Nigeria is not helping matters. People want to be rich because of the power and freedom it will bring.

And it's all an illusion. See, the aim of all that money, power etc, is to be happy/content. But they don't lead to that. It's an illusion!

1 Like

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Luckydonalds(m): 12:04pm On Oct 31, 2021
OP u forgot this one

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by gigabyte13: 12:06pm On Oct 31, 2021
Make l just dey laugh you
Bible verses for overcoming poverty
Na that poverty go keeeee you

Una pastor sef, no fit tell me say
Na Bible verses go cure poverty
Gerrrrrooutttt
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 12:27pm On Oct 31, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Things of the spirit: inner peace, inner contentment, inner bliss. Things being rich and having a lot of stuff cannot give

Also things I don't need faith in a god to achieve. So what's the difference?
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 31, 2021
ukaface:
and then, you would get credit alert.

Interesting.

1 Like

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by miketayo(m): 12:41pm On Oct 31, 2021
1nice:
These Bible Verses will help you to have the right knowledge about God's plan for you not to lack anything good.

(1) 2 CORINTHIANS 8:9
You know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ; rich as he was, he made himself poor for your sake, in order to make you rich by means of his poverty.

(2) PSALMS 23:1
The LORD is my shepherd; I have everything I need.

(3) PROVERBS 10:22
It is the LORD'S blessing that makes you wealthy. Hard work can make you no richer.

(4) Even lions go hungry for lack of food, but those who obey the LORD lack nothing good.

(5) ISAIAH 3:10
The righteous will be happy, and things will go well for them. They will be able to enjoy what they have worked for.

(6) PSALMS 128:2
Your work will provide for your needs; you will be happy and prosperous.

(7) ECCLESIASTES 5:19
If God gives a man wealth and property and lets him enjoy them, he should be grateful and enjoy what he has worked for. It is a gift from God.

God loves his people and never want his people to lack anything good.
It is not the will of God that you will be poor in life because the God of heaven is not a poor God.

Jesus Christ Loves you!!!

Better go and hustle
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 1:10pm On Oct 31, 2021
LordReed:

Also things I don't need faith in a god to achieve. So what's the difference?

Well, you asked for the benefits and I gave you the benefits. You do need something to transcend normal human inclination - hate your enemies, keep accumulating stuff, etc. Following Jesus Christ is about the easiest way to do it - because his spirit in you will make that your default position - no need for elaborate mantras or meditations!
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Kobojunkie: 1:16pm On Oct 31, 2021
doyin68:
Deuteronomy 8:18 But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day - Deuteronomy 8 v 18
Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 explains to you that the verse you quoted will never belong to you since the entire Old Covenant is instead an agreement God made exclusively with those who have the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins.. undecided
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Kobojunkie: 1:24pm On Oct 31, 2021
Tobechuckwu:
The scripture is spiritual incantations you speak.
That is confession.
What u don't say u can't have.
The Bible says " we having d same spirit of faith, they believed therefore have they spoken.
I believe therefore I speak.
Marks 11vs 23
Scripture is not a bunch of incantations to be confessed and all the rest. Jesus Christ Himself told you that only those who obey His commandments can have what He promised when they ask it...John 15 vs 1 - 11. undecided

Mark 11 vs 22 which you conveniently excluded from the mention explains to you that you first have to have faith and what is faith? Faith is in fact a result of your continual obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. Obedience, not confessions(invocation) of what many of you perceive are no different from juju words, is the key where God is concerned. undecided
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Kobojunkie: 1:28pm On Oct 31, 2021
Ellasure:

Every spirit of division in the household of Christ die ijmn. Amen.

Some people are very good in reverse thinking that they don't even know when they are recanting again.

The household of Christ is one. Some words are sounds like incantation are still word's anyway. And Jesus Christ is the spoken word and it is alive and true.
Jesus Christ taught you it is sin to pray against your Enemies, commanding you to instead love your enemies, this even more than you love your own self and pray for them, not against them. undecided

I am afraid the household you claim there is not of Jesus Christ - you need go into reverse before it is too late for you. undecided
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 1:38pm On Oct 31, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Well, you asked for the benefits and I gave you the benefits. You do need something to transcend normal human inclination - hate your enemies, keep accumulating stuff, etc. Following Jesus Christ is about the easiest way to do it - because his spirit in you will make that your default position - no need for elaborate mantras or meditations!

Really? So all the Christians that espouse hate, greed, etc what about them?

Besides I have way more tolerance as a non believer than most Christians I have come across.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 2:06pm On Oct 31, 2021
LordReed:

Really? So all the Christians that espouse hate, greed, etc what about them?

Besides I have way more tolerance as a non believer than most Christians I have come across.

We both know what Christ taught. We both know anyone truly following those teachings will be less greedy, hateful, and intolerant than someone following nothing
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by kiddkash(m): 2:14pm On Oct 31, 2021
1nice:
These Bible Verses will help you to have the right knowledge about God's plan for you not to lack anything good.

You know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ; rich as he was, he made himself poor for your sake, in order to make you rich by means of his poverty.

It is the LORD'S blessing that makes you wealthy. Hard work can make you no richer.

(4) Even lions go hungry for lack of food, but those who obey the LORD lack nothing good.

The righteous will be happy, and things will go well for them. They will be able to enjoy what they have worked for.

If God gives a man wealth and property and lets him enjoy them, he should be grateful and enjoy what he has worked for. It is a gift from God.

It is not the will of God that you will be poor in life because the God of heaven is not a poor God.

Deuteronomy 8:18 God gives the power to make wealth
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by MrNipplesLover(m): 2:17pm On Oct 31, 2021
Thank you, Almighty God.

❤❤❤❤
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by DeanOlamide(m): 2:40pm On Oct 31, 2021
1nice:

Don’t go and work !!! Be reading bible there while poverty rename you…

God bless you..
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Opejesu(m): 2:44pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nice one
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by titusmichael27(m): 3:29pm On Oct 31, 2021
That's why some of the most poorest people on earth are christians. They want God to perform a magic. Non of those Bible verses help you in any way to make money. I would have consider Joshua 1: 8.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 3:56pm On Oct 31, 2021
PoliteActivist:

We both know what Christ taught. We both know anyone truly following those teachings will be less greedy, hateful, and intolerant than someone following nothing

I am less greedy and more tolerant than all those preachers accumulating private jets, offshore bank accounts and landed properties while preaching hate and intolerance towards those who don't believe as they do or for wanting to just be themselves.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by temielects(m): 4:25pm On Oct 31, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Only this bibe verse is reasonable and really telling us how to overcome poverty

The rest bible verse are gibberish

If you master the huzzle you will conquer the struggle

hello sir, have you heard of Grace?
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by God2man2again(m): 5:13pm On Oct 31, 2021
God2man2again:
It is the same thing, if it were to be hardwork, smartness, education and intelligent by know everyone would have become a millionaire.

Bible verses are like swords against the spirit of poverty. Hardwork pays but to some people, they need to do more.
Conquering poverty goes beyond being smart or intelligent.
It is kinda complex.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by PoliteActivist: 5:15pm On Oct 31, 2021
LordReed:

I am less greedy and more tolerant than all those preachers accumulating private jets, offshore bank accounts and landed properties while preaching hate and intolerance towards those who don't believe as they do or for wanting to just be themselves.

Man is by nature accumulative, selfish, and intelerant.
If you agree with me Christ taught to be opposite of those things, anything else is mute. It's like me pointing to you an atheist mass murderer and trying to infer that atheism leads to becoming a mass murderer!
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Kobojunkie: 5:22pm On Oct 31, 2021
kiddkash:

Deuteronomy 8:18 God gives the power to make wealth
Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 tells you that promise will never be for you since you are other of the blood of Jacob. undecided
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by LordReed(m): 5:23pm On Oct 31, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Man is by nature accumulative, selfish, and intelerant.
If you agree with me Christ taught to be opposite of those things, anything else is mute. It's like me pointing to you an atheist mass murderer and trying to infer that atheism leads to becoming a mass murderer!

These are the advocates for your Jesus' teachings that are displaying the opposite of what you said would happen to Jesus' followers. You can point me to those who you feel more appropriately portray those teachings, in the meantime these bright lights are the ones I can see.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Kobojunkie: 5:23pm On Oct 31, 2021
titusmichael27:
That's why some of the most poorest people on earth are christians. They want God to perform a magic. Non of those Bible verses help you in any way to make money. I would have consider Joshua 1: 8.
Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 tells you that God will never give that which belongs only to His Israel to you. undecided
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On Oct 31, 2021
God2man2again:

Bible verses are like swords against the spirit of poverty. Hardwork pays but to some people, they need to do more.
Conquering poverty goes beyond being smart or intelligent.
It is kinda complex.
Bible verses as swords? Ask the pharisees and people of Israel who had those scriptures long before you did and they will tell you, you are a fool for such thinking! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How A Gateman Helped Me To Get US Visa – Oritsejafor / Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter / Prophet Pictured Kissing His Wife & House Help Is Mentally Ill−Tanzanian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.