Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,444 members, 7,830,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty (31113 Views)

God Condemned Slavery! 7 Bible Verses Against Slavery. / Happiness: 7 Bible Verses On How To Live A Joyful Life / Misuse Of The Bible Verses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by doyin68: 8:54am On Oct 31, 2021
Deuteronomy 8:18 But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day - Deuteronomy 8 v 18
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 31, 2021
post=107209232:

Better still......

Typo...typo...typo.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 31, 2021
1nice I was reading one Jehovah witness tract given to me one day and I came across a page illustrating how heaven looks like . to frank I was impressed with what I saw . although no one has ever been to heaven before to give us feedback on how spacious and beautiful it is.
But I guess what I read from the JW book was just to show us that heaven is far more beautiful than we can ever imagine . same way our pastor once preached during a demon that if God open our eye to see how heaven looks like ,we wont pray 1 second on earth .
So 1nice I believe you read the Bible very well if I'm not wrong , so from your own bible reading knowledge can you give us an illustration of how heaven looks like.?
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by yusluvad(m): 8:58am On Oct 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Scripture is not meant to be used as source of incantations to help ward away whatever ill-luck you wish. Instead, Scripture is meant to help fill you with knowledge of God and His Truth so that through obedience of His Will, you can partake of His benefits. undecided
Pure fact. Happy Sunday mama. cool cool

2 Likes

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 31, 2021
1nice I was reading one Jehovah witness tract given to me one day and I came across a page illustrating how heaven looks like . to be frank I was impressed with what I saw . although no one has ever been to heaven before to give us feedback on how spacious and beautiful it is.
But I guess what I read from the JW book was just to show us that heaven is far more beautiful than what we can ever imagine . same way our pastor once preached during a sermon that if God open our eye to see how heaven looks like ,we wont pray 1 seconds on earth .
So 1nice I believe you read the Bible very well if I'm not wrong , so from your own bible reading knowledge can you give us an illustration of how heaven looks like.?
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by BritishAirways: 8:59am On Oct 31, 2021
Interesting
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by shox(m): 8:59am On Oct 31, 2021
I think these biblical texts will be good for my brothers in the north

They constitute 98%of all the poor people in Nigeria.
Dem people
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Tokskob2008: 9:00am On Oct 31, 2021
lomprico:
the only way to overcome poverty is to work hard!
Lol you go see work you sef go taya.... Hard work doesn't pay any more smart work does plus God's blessings.

1 Like

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Emmycrucial1: 9:00am On Oct 31, 2021
God is always great, and perfect it is we humans that we are wicked againts ourselves.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 31, 2021
post=107209180:

That is just a single step to it.
Our Holy Bible tells us that..

Pray without WORK Is ............

I believe we can quote the Bible to support any position we wish to defend, yeah?

For example, there's a verse of the Bible that talks of God blessing his own even when they slumber.

There's also another one that says "I'll have mercy on whom I'll have mercy on" (paraphrasing of course), which means that you can work from now till forever, God will only have mercy on whom he'll have mercy on.

Then there's Jesus Christ who pulled out a gold coin from the mouth of a fish to pay tax.

And don't forget that he says we'll do more wonders than he did while on earth.

1 Like

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Topzee109: 9:02am On Oct 31, 2021
really, so there is a bible verse for making money, just as baba will give you soap for quick money
sad

1 Like

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by kingxsamz(m): 9:02am On Oct 31, 2021
Lol, imagine being so deluded that you think you can overcome poverty with ordinary words from a 2000 year old book.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by NLPoliceWoman: 9:05am On Oct 31, 2021
RTR
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Alfamann: 9:06am On Oct 31, 2021
Following these doctrines will keep you in poverty.

1 Like

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by AntiChristian: 9:06am On Oct 31, 2021
I don't think Jesus of the Bible was far from being poor!

And it will be easier for a camel to enter a needle hole...

1 Like

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by lomprico(m): 9:06am On Oct 31, 2021
Tokskob2008:

Lol you go see work you sef go taya.... Hard work doesn't pay any more smart work does plus God's blessings.

hard work does not mean labourer type of work only.
Mark Zuckerberg, Elon musk, Bill Gates, dangote, etc worked hard to be where they are.

even the bible says a little folding of hand and poverty will swoop on you.
somebody will see this thread and start reading the passages as if it's work.

1 Like

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Polynek(m): 9:07am On Oct 31, 2021
According to the book of James and I quote.
Faith without work is DEAD.
I rest my case.
Happy Sunday my lovely people. I love you all

1 Like

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by 3isbetter: 9:08am On Oct 31, 2021
Nice
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by lomprico(m): 9:09am On Oct 31, 2021
translux:

NOPE.

continue reading bible verses na, your account will be credited for that
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Lamasta(m): 9:09am On Oct 31, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Only this bibe verse is reasonable and really telling us how to overcome poverty
(6) PSALMS 128:2
Your work will provide for your needs; you will be happy and prosperous.

The rest bible verse are gibberish

If you master the huzzle you will conquer the struggle

Keyboard warrior the word of God is not gibberish, last warning to you cool
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 31, 2021
post=107209180:

That is just a single step to it.
Our Holy Bible tells us that..

Pray without WORK Is ............

You have a good point here too.
And we do concur with where you are coming from.

Our post you quoted is encouraging people not to be lazy,,
And not the angle you are taking it from about how hardworking ALONE doesn't make someone rich.
That isn't what we mean.

Anyways, we understand your angle.
Do have a blessed Week ahead.

Have a great week ahead too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Sleekfingers: 9:10am On Oct 31, 2021
1nice:
These Bible Verses will help you to have the right knowledge about God's plan for you not to lack anything good.

(1) 2 CORINTHIANS 8:9
You know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ; rich as he was, he made himself poor for your sake, in order to make you rich by means of his poverty.

(2) PSALMS 23:1
The LORD is my shepherd; I have everything I need.

(3) PROVERBS 10:22
It is the LORD'S blessing that makes you wealthy. Hard work can make you no richer.

(4) Even lions go hungry for lack of food, but those who obey the LORD lack nothing good.

(5) ISAIAH 3:10
The righteous will be happy, and things will go well for them. They will be able to enjoy what they have worked for.

(7) ECCLESIASTES 5:19
If God gives a man wealth and property and lets him enjoy them, he should be grateful and enjoy what he has worked for. It is a gift from God.

God loves his people and never want his people to lack anything good.
It is not the will of God that you will be poor in life because the God of heaven is not a poor God.

Jesus Christ Loves you!!!

In this 21st century, una still dey follow that craps? No wonder poverty is dealing with nigerians and the entire africa

4 Likes

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by 2buffagain(m): 9:11am On Oct 31, 2021
You don't need 7 verses to overcome poverty. You only need ONE:

2 Thessalonians 3:10 – “For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.“

3 Likes

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by clitah: 9:12am On Oct 31, 2021
Poverty does not die by fire but by hardwork.

1 Like

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by dazzlingd(m): 9:13am On Oct 31, 2021
Lmao.

Recite bible verses to become wealthy... lmao

These people won't kee person.

1 Like

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Tobechuckwu(m): 9:15am On Oct 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Scripture is not meant to be used as source of incantations to help ward away whatever ill-luck you wish. Instead, Scripture is meant to help fill you with knowledge of God and His Truth so that through obedience of His Will, you can partake of His benefits. undecided

The scripture is spiritual incantations you speak.
That is confession.
What u don't say u can't have.
The Bible says " we having d same spirit of faith, they believed therefore have they spoken.
I believe therefore I speak.

Marks 11vs 23
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by okrote4real: 9:18am On Oct 31, 2021
1nice:
These Bible Verses will help you to have the right knowledge about God's plan for you not to lack anything good.

You know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ; rich as he was, he made himself poor for your sake, in order to make you rich by means of his poverty.

It is the LORD'S blessing that makes you wealthy. Hard work can make you no richer.

(4) Even lions go hungry for lack of food, but those who obey the LORD lack nothing good.

The righteous will be happy, and things will go well for them. They will be able to enjoy what they have worked for.

If God gives a man wealth and property and lets him enjoy them, he should be grateful and enjoy what he has worked for. It is a gift from God.

It is not the will of God that you will be poor in life because the God of heaven is not a poor God.

Every Nigerian would have been rich by now

1 Like

Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Dja1(m): 9:18am On Oct 31, 2021
Thanks for posting dis. Amen I have received my blessing this morning.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by Tobechuckwu(m): 9:19am On Oct 31, 2021
1nice:

The most potent scripture for leaving poverty is Gen 8 Vs 22

If u are not a giver or sower, u can't leave poverty.
Re: 7 Bible Verses For Overcoming Poverty by seyz91(m): 9:20am On Oct 31, 2021
cheesy
Kobojunkie:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How A Gateman Helped Me To Get US Visa – Oritsejafor / Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter / Prophet Pictured Kissing His Wife & House Help Is Mentally Ill−Tanzanian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.