Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Windows 8: The Thread - Computers (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 8: The Thread (31470 Views)

Poll: Would you upgrade when windows 8 is available??

Yes: 100% (1 vote)
No: 0% (0 votes)
Maybe: 0% (0 votes)
I don't know: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

How To Install Windows 8.1 In a System / Which Antivirus Is Best For Windows 8 / Windows 8 Computers To Go On Sale In October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 12:25pm On Jan 29, 2013
ciphoenix: Pros and Cons of both. smiley

kk u lost me, really!!!! grin
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by ciphoenix: 1:55pm On Jan 29, 2013
K, sorry bout that smiley , does the kms activator have the same limitations with that for the operating system where you have to activate every 180 days? or is it like the one for 2010 where the ez activator option does it for good?
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 2:18pm On Jan 29, 2013
ciphoenix: K, sorry bout that smiley , does the kms activator have the same limitations with that for the operating system where you have to activate every 180 days? or is it like the one for 2010 where the ez activator option does it for good?

Now your talking. To the best of knowledge, Ez Activator never really activated your software permanently.

Now as you already knw, KMS isnt a permanent thing. you have to renew the licence every 180days. This system is

perfectly legal but the driving force or the reason why such a system was created was for organizations.

If you go the KMS route, then you have to renew your license. going the mak key root would activate you for life.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by ciphoenix: 6:44pm On Jan 29, 2013
okay. how do I obtain the mak key?
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 7:31am On Jan 30, 2013
ciphoenix: okay. how do I obtain the mak key?

PM me.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 7:46am On Feb 06, 2013
ciphoenix: okay. how do I obtain the mak key?

Havent seen your PM yet!!!!
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 7:51am On Feb 06, 2013
TOP APPS that you should be having on your windows 8 PC

1. Microsoft Office 2013 (Pro plus or standard)

2. Tunein radio

3. The CNN app

4. Twitpro

5. Google chrome
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 10:27am On Feb 06, 2013
moonraker: TOP APPS that you should be having on your windows 8 PC

1. Microsoft Office 2013 (Pro plus or standard)

2. Tunein radio

3. The CNN app

4. Twitpro

5. Google chrome

Lemme add to your list:

6. Start 8 - Brings back the traditional Windows Start Menu to Windows 8

7. Stardock Decor8 - For personalizing and customizing Windows 8

8. RecImg Manager - For backing up and restoring your Windows 8 without re-installing it.

9. Advanced Tokens Manager - For backing up and restoring Windows 8 and Office 2013 Activation in case of re-installation.

10. Tune-Up Utilities 2013 - No 1 Maintenance and tweaking utility for PC.

11. Ashampoo Burning Studio 2013 - For Burning, ripping etc. Light weight and IMO opinion better than NERO

12. Winrar, Winzip, 7zip etc - File Manager, Archivers and extractors.

13. PowerISO, UltraISO, Daemons Tool PRO Advanced

14. KM Player - arguably the best media player out there

15. PowerDVD 12 Ultra

16. FoxitReader - lightweight and better than adobe reader.

Lots of apps but these are very important IMO

2 Likes

Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 11:32am On Feb 06, 2013
semid4lyfe:

Lemme add to your list:

6. Start 8 - Brings back the traditional Windows Start Menu to Windows 8

7. Stardock Decor8 - For personalizing and customizing Windows 8

8. RecImg Manager - For backing up and restoring your Windows 8 without re-installing it.

9. Advanced Tokens Manager - For backing up and restoring Windows 8 and Office 2013 Activation in case of re-installation.

10. Tune-Up Utilities 2013 - No 1 Maintenance and tweaking utility for PC.

11. Ashampoo Burning Studio 2013 - For Burning, ripping etc. Light weight and IMO opinion better than NERO

12. Winrar, Winzip, 7zip etc - File Manager, Archivers and extractors.

13. PowerISO, UltraISO, Daemons Tool PRO Advanced

14. KM Player - arguably the best media player out there

15. PowerDVD 12 Ultra

16. FoxitReader - lightweight and better than adobe reader.

Lots of apps but these are very important IMO

agreed!!!!
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:02pm On Feb 06, 2013
@ uncle moonraker.

can i have the mak key thingy too.

i just secured a lucrative contract to install win8 for a colleague.

im serious oooo
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 2:34pm On Feb 06, 2013
4llerbuntu: @ uncle moonraker.

im serious oooo

See ya life grin

Wetin push you go collect Win8 Contract? tongue

1 Like

Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 6:09pm On Feb 06, 2013
4llerbuntu: @ uncle moonraker.

im serious oooo

Uncle grin grin grin

Nooooo pls..

Btw come clean, that contract in question is your own personal contract.

If you dont come clean and admit that Windows 8 is the shit, i am sorry but no Mak key for you.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 6:10pm On Feb 06, 2013
semid4lyfe:

See ya life grin

Wetin push you go collect Win8 Contract? tongue

grin grin grin

Are you minding him?? after all the whole insults and yabis, the guy did 360 and

started asking for mak key on a coded level. angry
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Leopantro: 6:57pm On Feb 07, 2013
I have issues, serious issues, with windows 8. for me, windows 8 = vista.
come gather round and hear me tale.
I bought an aspire one mini laptop with windows 8 for xmas. picked it up last week. it booted up, got to the tiles screen with different colours and froze. this was on the first bootup. I restarted the system and it showed Automatic repair setup. problem solved? that was just the beginning.

after that screen it said diagnosing repair then it showed the recovery menu screen. remember this was the first time I was starting the system. I clicked on the troubleshot option. I click on refresh; it said unable to refresh your system, an error had occurred ( didn't I know that?). I clicked restore and it said windows could not restore your system. I clicked on automatic repair and the computer restarted and entered an automatic repair loop. on a brand new computer
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Leopantro: 7:17pm On Feb 07, 2013
lucky for me I got a friend to give me his windows 8 laptop and discussed with my friend google. was able to get it it out the loop. I made a recovery image with his system and tried it on my system using the recovery menu. computer starts the process then crashes. by now I was chewing nails. remember its an aspire one with no CD ROM drive and didn't come with installation CD. went to MS website and found out I wasn't the only one with the issue. the best news was that MS was also clueless on how to solve the issue. they gave some instructions about some commands to run in CMD which I did with no result.
my new laptop became a beautiful ledge for books. yesterday I got so angry I went out and bought windows 7 and an external CD ROM drive. window 8 had no BIOS screenso I had to ask google who told me to hold F2 while booting the PC. was able to change boot order and install windows 7 into the system.
I still have have nightmares about tiles and revolving dots
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 7:26pm On Feb 07, 2013
Leopantro: lucky for me I got a friend to give me his windows 8 laptop and discussed with my friend google. was able to get it it out the loop. I made a recovery image with his system and tried it on my system using the recovery menu. computer starts the process then crashes. by now I was chewing nails. remember its an aspire one with no CD ROM drive and didn't come with installation CD. went to MS website and found out I wasn't the only one with the issue. the best news was that MS was also clueless on how to solve the issue. they gave some instructions about some commands to run in CMD which I did with no result.
my new laptop became a beautiful ledge for books. yesterday I got so angry I went out and bought windows 7 and an external CD ROM drive. window 8 had no BIOS screenso I had to ask google who told me to hold F2 while booting the PC. was able to change boot order and install windows 7 into the system.
I still have have nightmares about tiles and revolving dots

Your system does not support windows 8 in the first place. netbooks are not supported.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by jiggar(m): 12:19pm On Feb 08, 2013
Pls all the gurus in the house, i need serious help. I activated my windows 8 pro last week and it has been fantastic but i am having issues connecting to the internet. I use sandwich vpn with mtn and it will connect but it will not browse but when i switch to vista everytin will work normally. If anyone has any idea i would be happy to hear it.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by mavtrevor(m): 4:47pm On Feb 08, 2013
Check your firewall, maybe its blocking the sandwich VPN.exe
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Ifebazz(m): 10:18pm On Feb 08, 2013
moonraker:

Better still, Install this driver. You will thank me cheesy

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59001-59500/sp59085.exe
yeah I really have to thank you. worked perfectly. thanks bro.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by maxjax(m): 1:19pm On Feb 09, 2013
I hv tried every effort(Control Panel-Add & Remove Programs, booting to safe mode to Remove progams too) to uninstall my office 2010 from my windows 8 pro WMC edition. . . .all means did fail me...what do I do nw? really wanna uninstall to reinstall it.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 09, 2013
maxjax: I hv tried every effort(Control Panel-Add & Remove Programs, booting to safe mode to Remove progams too) to uninstall my office 2010 from my windows 8 pro WMC edition. . . .all means did fail me...what do I do nw? really wanna uninstall to reinstall it.
Just reinstall it and try to uninstall it. If it gives error message that there is previous one installed before then you can go to your drive c and do this by visiting this LINK. Download ccleaner, run it and select 'Tools' go to 'Uninstall' right-click on Microsoft 2010 and click delete to delete it from your system. Next click 'Registry', scan and remove all scanned registry keys from your system. Restart your system. grin
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by phiszo(m): 6:25pm On Feb 09, 2013
Hello. Please what's the difference between windows core and pro?
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by vanchi(m): 10:07am On Feb 10, 2013
@ciphoenix and @moonraker pls i need help with the MAK activation keys
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 1:59pm On Feb 10, 2013
phiszo: Hello. Please what's the difference between windows core and pro?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_8_editions
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 2:00pm On Feb 10, 2013
vanchi: @ciphoenix and @moonraker pls i need help with the MAK activation keys

really??
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 10, 2013
Good sunday wink
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Cation(m): 12:05pm On Feb 12, 2013
Guys I nid to buy a new laptop nd am finking of buying Hp pavilion G6 intel core i3. Tricore with 4gb nd 2.5gh proceSsor wit windows 8.so do u tink it's a gud choice.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by ciphoenix: 12:20pm On Feb 12, 2013
Cation: Guys I nid to buy a new laptop nd am finking of buying Hp pavilion G6 intel core i3. Tricore with 4gb nd 2.5gh proceSsor wit windows 8.so do u tink it's a gud choice.
depends on what you want to use it for.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by ciphoenix: 12:40pm On Feb 12, 2013
and so i had my first experience with the "blue screen". wasn't funny. had to refresh sad
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 12:57pm On Feb 12, 2013
ciphoenix: and so i had my first experience with the "blue screen". wasn't funny. had to refresh sad

opps, let me guess, driver issues

did the mak key work for you??
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by topsco(m): 6:40pm On Feb 12, 2013
Below were 3 keys for activating bitdefender antivirus plus 2013,for 1 year.

WGWNX4V ; SUY2LXT; 0YIZ4BI
The license keys must be activated within 24 days.

Download link below

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/installer/en-us/bitdefender_antivirus.exe
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by vanchi(m): 7:45pm On Feb 12, 2013
ciphoenix: and so i had my first experience with the "blue screen". wasn't funny. had to refresh sad

Please ciphoenix can u help with the mak key?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Simple Server: MTN Simple Server Download for Android & Code, Cheat for PC / How To Speedup Internet With Top 10 Public DNS Servers / Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.