Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Should I Dump Her? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Dump Her? (1306 Views)

She's Stingy, Should I Dump Her? / My Boyfriend Can’t Meet Up To My Demands, How Can I Dump Him? / My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Dump Her? by iniestar: 9:08pm On Jun 05, 2011
Hi Guys,I would like your opinion on something that happened between me and my female friend over the weekend.
There is this lady I have been dating over a month and everything was fine until yesterday,which was her birthday.I met her just over a month ago and we have met up only four times due to the nature of her job which involves alot of travel around the world.We hit it off like a house on fire and things have been really intense and we have been intimate a few times.She told me when we first met that she wanted to settle down and have kids if everything went well between us and I wouldn't mind settling down with her in future.it was her birthday yesterday and I went all out to impress her,I bought her expensive presents with flowers and took her out for a romantic meal.When we met up she asked if we could go to her friends rave after dinner and said this friend was someone she once slept with back in the day but they are just friends now.I kicked against the idea and she accused me of bring insecure and I later gave in just to make her happy.We went to this club as planned and she introduced me to this guy as her date which wasn't a problem for me.We had a wonderful time until later in the night when I saw her talking to this friend while he held her by the waist.I felt it was disrespectful and she knew I was upset and I later went out to find us a cab back home and she told him she thought I had abandoned her after the incident.we argued over this event and am not sure I want to settle down with someone like her.I do like her a lot but am prepared to let her go as well
Re: Should I Dump Her? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 05, 2011
bro, let me just say that after just a month, you are a lil bit too possessive. chill a minute and let people show you their color instead of treating them like your property. did you forget that you only knew her for a month  OR is having sex with her makes her yours?

here are a few questions for you:
- what other plans did YOU have for the evening of her Bday?!
- how could you be talking marriage and kids after JUST a month with this stranger?
- your insecurity was so apparent when you first said NO about going to her ex lovers party, why didnt you stick to NO?!
- if you gave in to make her happy then why no t continue making her happy and shut up to whatever she did in the club?! make up your mind about what you want bro.
- what did you expected her to introduce you as?! even you, you refer to her as your female FRIEND on this post.
- did you expect them NOT to talk together?
- whats disrespectful about holding her by the waist? what if he danced with her, could he hold her waist then?
- withing a month you guys are arguing about BS like that rather than TALK like adults. . . . . . .  and now is in doubt over your ¨r/ship¨ with this stranger?! DUH!
- you cant let go of something you never had. . . . . . . . . what are you talking about?!
Re: Should I Dump Her? by SouthChi(m): 10:35pm On Jun 05, 2011
You story as a whole gives me the impression that she's not ready to be 100% faithful.

If you lead with your heart, then approach with extreme caution!
Re: Should I Dump Her? by iice(f): 2:45am On Jun 06, 2011
Some people are that way. Touchy, likes to be touched, likes to touch.
Some people are not that way. Which is she?
Re: Should I Dump Her? by apache77(m): 3:08am On Jun 06, 2011
u be local man, so wat if person hold ur woman for waist?? der r is a certain circle wen u mingle in dat certain things shdnt bother u. holding ur woman by the waist, pecking her, even being dovey dovey wit her in a club, party, soiree or wat hav u.obviously, dis guy is a club owner, so he has a alot of women around him, this isnt strange, except u r part of the world that only looks at the happening crowd. take heart boy, nuthin is happening, ur woman is for u. believe.

anyway, u still dey jump cabs and u dey talk? go and buy a car with the money u r spending for gifts for her, else, she will leave you pretty soon
Re: Should I Dump Her? by annita19(f): 3:29am On Jun 06, 2011
MRbrownJAY just said it as it is. C'mon 1month is too soon to be this possessive even in-love and planing on having kids. I don't think she's honest either
Re: Should I Dump Her? by MrsChima1(f): 3:45am On Jun 06, 2011
Territorial and Possessiveness are interrelated depending on the actions involved. Possessiveness is usually a result of a child who was spoilt and felt entitled. That's why parents should teach their children boundaries and say No sometimes.

It is not cute OP and grow up.
Re: Should I Dump Her? by kpolli(m): 11:13am On Jun 06, 2011
guy it happens, not enuff reason to dump her
Re: Should I Dump Her? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 06, 2011
1 month can be OK to know if you want to be wit someone or not. what if she didn't tell you abt the guy would you have been so angry? she was honest enough. YOU do not trust her, maybe you are not the type to be told such delicate information or maybe 1month is not enough for you to trust her. Anyhow this isn't enough to drop her. just let her know you are the possessive kind of man that does not take kindly to other men putting their hands on his "female friend"s" waist.
Re: Should I Dump Her? by GaussS: 12:47am On Jun 07, 2011
@op like everyone has said, the reasons stated are not enough to throw her away. she's got balls to tell you the truth about her past affiliation with the guy in the club, you should trust her more. she's got spunk
Re: Should I Dump Her? by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 08, 2012
andromida: 1 month can be OK to know if you want to be wit someone or not. what if she didn't tell you abt the guy would you have been so angry? she was honest enough. YOU do not trust her, maybe you are not the type to be told such delicate information or maybe 1month is not enough for you to trust her. Anyhow this isn't enough to drop her. just let her know you are the possessive kind of man that does not take kindly to other men putting their hands on his "female friend"s" waist.
best suggestion by far! You guys should talk and set your limits and concessions, you'll be fine no biggie. Plus d fact dat she's honest and u guys got chemistry and match. Shes looks like d real deal dont loose it all over nothing.
Re: Should I Dump Her? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 08, 2012
she is nt done n dusted with her ex bf or ex Zap mate, sounds even disgustin to d ears
Re: Should I Dump Her? by Presleygirl(f): 2:42pm On Apr 08, 2012
Hw sure are u?
Re: Should I Dump Her? by mashnino(m): 3:57pm On Apr 08, 2012
oga don't waste time ur time please....
Re: Should I Dump Her? by Acidosis(m): 4:22pm On Apr 08, 2012
Take your time to find out her real person and the present relationship with her ex lover.
My guess is, she did that cos she doesn't want you hypertensive should in case you see her with this guy in a tight corner, hugging and perhaps, kissing. That girl is not through with her ex. Something is holding her back, find out!

(1) (Reply)

Boycott American Women / He Wants To Do 24\7 / Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.