Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,915 members, 7,828,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering (33703 Views)

Senator Ndume Tells Court He Can't Find, Bring Maina To Face His Fraud Trial / Justice Abang Okon Asks Maina To Stop Looking At Him / DSS Hands Over Maina To EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by techWriter3: 4:14pm On Nov 08, 2021
You wan go your own jail abi?
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by NoFucksToGive: 4:20pm On Nov 08, 2021
[s]
Commentor:

I know you don't want to have sense.
[/s]

SHUT UP
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by perestroika19: 4:21pm On Nov 08, 2021
Military0001:
Story story story ooh!!! Another court will still release him on one nonsense reason.. Orji Uzo Kalu will put him through on that.

Nonsense upon nonsense is nonsense
Not impossible in this country but it's doubtful. He actually pleaded for mercy, meaning he admitted to committing the offence. I'm wondering how someone can plead for mercy and in another swoop appealing a judgement made from such judgement
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by baralatie(m): 4:22pm On Nov 08, 2021
MrMcJay:
Justice Abang stressed that though the law made provision for a maximum sentence of 14 years, he said he was moved by Maina’s plea for mercy.

Can you imagine.
;grin
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by baralatie(m): 4:23pm On Nov 08, 2021
perestroika19:

Not impossible in this country but it's doubtful. He actually pleaded for mercy, meaning he admitted to committing the offence. I'm wondering how someone can plead for mercy and in another swoop appealing a judgement made from such judgement
Meanwhile
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by Newboss(m): 4:38pm On Nov 08, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
This is a very lenient judgement.

With all this judgement, corruption will never end it Nigeria.

Why can't we go the China way sef?

Maina should get nothing less than a death sentence or life in prison without parole.

Maina will spend at most , 4 years. There is a possibility he will spend less than that.

The guy even fled while his court case was ongoing. That alone should carry another weighty punishment.

This country don dey tire person sef

You sound stupid. No offense
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by deji17: 4:39pm On Nov 08, 2021
deji17:
Maina must be Ibo. If he is a Northerner, he would have been let go. Thieves from the North like Olisah Metuh are resting in their house.
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 08, 2021
Newboss:

You sound stupid. No offense
Your useless father and mother sound so stupid.
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by wallrichy: 4:40pm On Nov 08, 2021
The type that babe like you always fall head over heels in Love with. The type that loots your future, present and your past....Kudos Madam...go on soun....

Iyaebe:
They should leave him, he's such an ebony black handsome man
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by omokab: 4:49pm On Nov 08, 2021
expertman:
For real nah waooo .

But 8years is kinda small for this man evil because the term will run concurrent why them no give him 50years nah
fifty years is small why not by hanging
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by Ezmans: 4:51pm On Nov 08, 2021
expertman:
For real nah waooo .

But 8years is kinda small for this man evil because the term will run concurrent why them no give him 50years nah
this means that from 25th October last month Maina is a free man
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by MT: 4:55pm On Nov 08, 2021
HonNL:

SOURCE

Congratulations to the EFCC; it is never an easy feat to get a conviction under this environment. The Judge should be applauded for ordering restitution of the money. The only dark blemish I saw was the easy landing.

People like Maina deserve to serve the maximum judgement - 14 years. Maina, through his actions had sent lot of pensioners to their untimely death, the judge should not have been moved by his silly mercy plea.
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by grandstar(m): 4:55pm On Nov 08, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
This is a very lenient judgement.

With all this judgement, corruption will never end it Nigeria.

Why can't we go the China way sef?

Maina should get nothing less than a death sentence or life in prison without parole.

Maina will spend at most , 4 years. There is a possibility he will spend less than that.

The guy even fled while his court case was ongoing. That alone should carry another weighty punishment.

This country don dey tire person sef

What really deters criminals is really apprehension and not just sentencng.

If 90% of those or are charged for corruption are sentenced to 5 years in prison, the rate of corruption will fall drastically. These corrupt politicians feel they are above the law, and nothing will materialism against them at the end of the day. That's the bitter truth for at least 95% of the cases. (Read Eccl 8:11)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by RazorEdge: 5:03pm On Nov 08, 2021
STARTING 12 NOVEMBER!!������

��E-BOOK/PAPERBACK PUBLISHING��

Do you wish to know how to publish and sell books on Amazon? Join our FREE 3 days Basic Training in preparation for the Masters Class to get certified.

- Acquire a lifetime skill
- Publish on Amazon
- Receive royalties
- Get a foreign bank account

Join us here ������
https:///CXTMLg8uuhZ78poITxLETg
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by adamsmith914: 5:05pm On Nov 08, 2021
expertman:
For real nah waooo .

12 years to run concurrently might be actually 2 years?
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by Odidigboigbo(m): 5:19pm On Nov 08, 2021
Super1759:
Mchtewww ordinary 4 years, dude is out. Phewwww
His time even start from 2019, he will only spend 2 years and he will be out.
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by snoopz: 5:28pm On Nov 08, 2021
She gave him that years instead of 14 yrs because he plead for mercy,
Person wey steal that kin amount get mercy??
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by Angrymode: 5:48pm On Nov 08, 2021
Only 8 years? shocked WTF!
This is rather encouraging me to embezzle and divert public funds when it's my turn.

Nigerian system is fucking messed up!!!
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by Pclemenza: 5:58pm On Nov 08, 2021
Was it not only recently his son was sentenced to 14years in jail over same reason.
Wow, this country has a lot of assets and cash yet we are tagged 3rd poverty countries in the world.
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by Komu1048(m): 6:11pm On Nov 08, 2021
HonNL:

SOURCE

Have you thanked God today?

I thank God for helping me to kill one stupid mosquito that want to finish my blood
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by shineeye1: 6:24pm On Nov 08, 2021
Bloody nation, nothing will save you from the wrath to come! This heinous plea bargain is nothing but travesty of justice. After mindlessly, ruthlessly stealing a generation blind, you give the offender,eight years of restricted movement as a padded landing cushion for his atrocities! E no go better for una generation to the twelfth degree. If Nigeria had righteous citizens, they would spontaneously rise to denounce this mockery of justice but Nigerians are themselves rogues everywhere and are therefore at ease with this flagrant rape on justice
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by Sleekfingers: 6:41pm On Nov 08, 2021
Ooye12:
What of tinubu ??

He is in Ikoyi, go and arrest him there.....
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by Benwallt(m): 6:48pm On Nov 08, 2021
Our judicial system is the worst in the world. A regular guy that was pick up for Jwalking almost got life and some with this crime got 8yrs. I am not sure this one will smell prison before he gets out.
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by Ooye12: 6:49pm On Nov 08, 2021
Sleekfingers:

He is in Ikoyi, go and arrest him there.....
Na your papa abi
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by mmcharles: 8:34pm On Nov 08, 2021
SmartPlug:
I sell foreign rice in large quantities
I'm given it out at a give away price
Only serious buyers
Preferably Lagos,Ogun
DM let's do business
Xmas is near
How much per bag of foreign rice,long grain please.
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by oshiokpu(m): 8:59pm On Nov 08, 2021
An 8 years sentence Running concurrently from 2019..Means he has already spent almost 3 years out of 4..He should be out max in 2023. I.e in less than 2 years
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by Toks2008(m): 9:23pm On Nov 08, 2021
expertman:
For real nah waooo .

And to think that 8years prison years is actually 4 calender years.
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by Sleekfingers: 9:34pm On Nov 08, 2021
Ooye12:
Na your papa abi

Na my lost uncle
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by frozen70(f): 9:35pm On Nov 08, 2021
SmartPlug:
I sell foreign rice in large quantities
I'm given it out at a give away price
Only serious buyers
Preferably Lagos,Ogun
DM let's do business
Xmas is near

Where is your location pls
I prefer the thiny one's
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by Charly68: 10:02pm On Nov 08, 2021
ImDStar:
Just 8years?

a street guy that stole just a phone was sentenced for almost life imprisonment.

Even the judiciary get problem.
Our judges can't die well.
They are very wicked
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by Ooye12: 11:38pm On Nov 08, 2021
Sleekfingers:

Na my lost uncle
coconut head
Re: Court Sentences Abdulrasheed Maina To 8 Years In Prison For Money Laundering by Guzx: 11:40pm On Nov 08, 2021
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Governors Split, Wike’s Camp Rejects Campaign Offers / Ibikunle Amosun Visits Bola Tinubu In London / Happy 61st Birthday To Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.