Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) (63525 Views)

Tompolo Reappears After Over 6 Years In Exile / VIDEO)IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Offers Sacrifice In Switzerland Ahead Of UN Meetin / Shehu Atiku Abubakar Holds Town Hall Meeting In Cross River (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by Fame99game: 8:31pm On Nov 08, 2021
(NEWS IN PHOTOGRAPHS) THE MOMENT HIGH CHIEF GOVERNMENT EKPEMUPOLO AKA TOMPOLO OFFERED SACRIFICE TO SARABOBOUWEI DIETY, THE KING OF THE RIVER

SACRIFICES AND PRAYERS AS GBARAMATU CELEBRATES SARABUBOWEI (OWEISEIMOR BINIPERE) THE KING OF THE RIVER

Each year, the people ot Gbaramatu Kingdom in Delta State, Nigeria offer thanks to Sarabobouwei (Oweiseimor Binipere) King of the river. Thought to be over 700 years old, this festival is in honour of an ancient deity that guards the entrance of the territorial waters of the ancient kingdom. This deity is the defender of the waters; it protects against any external enemy that comes within the premises of the Gbaramatu kingdom.

The Ijaw people, as fishermen and women, face alot of sea danger in their fishing expedition; some experience boat submerging at the sea through high waves, through unexpected turbulence etc. Oweisemor Binipere, the king of the sea, they say, will often come to their rescue at the sea. No danger at the waters will consume them as the deity oversees, protects and empowers them with riches.

Today, High Chief Government Oweizide Ekpemupolo a.k.a Tompolo has made it happen in the move to revive this ancient phenomenon that, the people believe, has not been given its right of place in the tradition of the people for its potent power, for some decades. The deity that has not been served for years has gotten a new high priest from the family lineage that has previously served it before now. Ikeretimi Marvelous Agbunase is the new chief priest of Oweisemor Binipere deity at Sarabobou community at the entrance of the Gbaramatu kingdom, it sees from the Escravos River.

Significantly, the deity is believed to be a great defender of the water borderline of the Gbaramatu people. Whoever losses his/her way along the seashore will be protected and Binipere will bring them back home. And another magical power of this deity is that if a canoe capsizes in the river, the next day, the deity will bring out the lost properties magically to the bank of the sea for the owner(s) to receive and give thanks to the deity by pouring libations and sacrifices of thankfulness. It is a belief system among the Ijaws of Gbaramatu as a serving deity that brings abundant wealth and protection to the believers.

Those who serve this deity, they say, have never been disappointed by his powers of blessings over the years.

The coming of the deity according to them at this time, they believe, will help the Niger Delta region to bring back the lost glories of development been faced by the region which Tompolo has stood to be the bridges to interconnect this developmental visions of the Niger Delta people.

See photos below...

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by dawnomike(m): 8:32pm On Nov 08, 2021
He will be alright...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by Fame99game: 8:35pm On Nov 08, 2021
I love how General Tompolo celebrate and upholds tradition.

139 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by emvicks2(m): 8:36pm On Nov 08, 2021
I thought Nigerian government is looking for him. Abi dem don settle?

102 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by Fame99game: 8:39pm On Nov 08, 2021
More pictures....

5 Likes

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by DOTian: 8:39pm On Nov 08, 2021
Dude doesn't talk anyhow like that fatso..
But they fear him..

270 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by Nbotee(m): 8:40pm On Nov 08, 2021
I used to hear about Egbesu until I saw how seriously the Niger Deltans held it.. The real govt of the Niger Delta

150 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by Leverage2021: 8:41pm On Nov 08, 2021
What ever rocks his boat

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by Ebi2233: 8:41pm On Nov 08, 2021
Nbotee:
I used to hear about Egbesu until I saw how seriously the Niger Deltans held it.. The real govt of the Niger Delta

It's Ijaw Republic.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by SmartPolician: 8:43pm On Nov 08, 2021
But why is this news? undecided

9 Likes

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by Ebi2233: 8:44pm On Nov 08, 2021
God bless all Ijaw warriors.
God bless Ijaw Republic people.
God bless my hero General Ditari.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by PrinceOfLagos: 8:45pm On Nov 08, 2021
Idol worshipping

I reject Idol worshipping

167 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by Zaheertyler(m): 8:47pm On Nov 08, 2021
Africans go back to your belief
They called it demonic because they don’t understand it
Instead of y’all to go into it and learn you join outsiders Dey call your own demonic

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by Zaheertyler(m): 8:48pm On Nov 08, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Idol worshipping

English is always too big to understand
What is idol worshiping?

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by christistruth01: 8:48pm On Nov 08, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Idol worshipping

For once we agree on Something

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by Commentor: 8:49pm On Nov 08, 2021
That's how it should be.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by bcomputer101: 8:51pm On Nov 08, 2021
Nonsense.

Ikondo of IPOB did more than this but where's him now?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by ednut1(m): 8:54pm On Nov 08, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Idol worshipping

the jesus and mohammad una dey worship no be idol

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by Ebi2233: 8:57pm On Nov 08, 2021
They brought Christianity then stole the deities from here to their areas in Europe for it to work for them.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:58pm On Nov 08, 2021
My problem with Tompolo and Asari is that both of them a mumus who are after their pockets.

Till now, no substantial development in Niger Delta. Their place is still there like abadoned region despite being oil rich.

The sea king wey them dey worship should advice them better. Even Jonathan could not help them.

136 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by Militant30: 9:00pm On Nov 08, 2021
The only General that other generals fear grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by godofuck231: 9:03pm On Nov 08, 2021
I de hear fulani, boko? Ok come na
Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by Ebi2233: 9:06pm On Nov 08, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
My problem with Tompolo and Asari is that both of them a mumus who are after their pockets.

Till now, no substantial development in Niger Delta. Their place is still there like abadoned region despite being oil rich.

The sea king wey them dey worship should advice them better. Even Jonathan could not help them.

That's a big lie.

Tompolo Gbaramatu clan is a very great place.

All the towns in Gbaramatu clan are very great and beautiful places today.

Tompolo assist thousands of Ijaws all over the Ijaw Nation,in so many fields till today.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by Ebi2233: 9:07pm On Nov 08, 2021
SpecialAdviser:

They don't care about Niger Delta it's Ijaw they care about.
Do you know how many thousands of Ijaw Asari employ in his University in Benin Republic?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 08, 2021
christistruth01:

For once we agree on Something

Lol. So Christianity, Islam, Judaism and all imported religions are better than the belief system of your ancestors?

Live and let live brother.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by Ebi2233: 9:09pm On Nov 08, 2021
SpecialAdviser:

It was during Goodluck Jonathan time as Vice President Ijaw got the Amnesty they enjoy today.
It was during Goodluck Jonathan time as President Odi got the Multi Billions of Naira damages payment from federal government.

Niger Delta is not a tribe, go and hold your tribe people.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by lomprico(m): 9:10pm On Nov 08, 2021
Government! cool

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by lomprico(m): 9:10pm On Nov 08, 2021
Ebi2233:

It was during Goodluck Jonathan time as Vice President Ijaw got the Amnesty they enjoy today.
It was during Goodluck Jonathan time as President Odi got the Multi Billions of Naira damages payment from federal government.

Niger Delta is not a tribe, go and hold your tribe people.
yaradua gave them the amnesty not Jona

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by Ebi2233: 9:11pm On Nov 08, 2021
lomprico:

yaradua gave them the amnesty not Jona

He was Vice President, mumu.
Do you know what he told his boss that made him do it??

55 Likes

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by Leverage2021: 9:18pm On Nov 08, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Idol worshipping

Make him do as him wish o

Better than killing for paradise of vaginas

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by tutudesz: 9:24pm On Nov 08, 2021
Ebi2233:
God bless all Ijaw warriors.
God bless Ijaw Republic people.
God bless my hero General Ditari.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos) by FarahAideed: 9:35pm On Nov 08, 2021
Hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obasanjo Welcomed On Arrival From Peace-keeping In Congo (Throwback Photos) / Bukola Saraki And Ahmad Lawan Smile As They Meet At Udom’s Father’s Burial / Yahaya Bello, His Wife And Supporters Celebrate After He Was Declared Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.